Chapter 45: It Is...

"Do you guys mind waiting a minute?" Rachel asks as we walk up the stairs heading to the doctors entrance.

"No, we don't mind." Peeta replies with Rachel nodding.

We enter the main doors and Rachel makes her way to the reception desk. Peeta and I trail behind, our hands enteined.

"Who would've though? Two twenty year olds going for an ultrasound during their second pregnancy?" Peeta states.

"Yeah." I shakily say and stroke my bump, pretty big for only six months.

But that's what worries me, its size. It's bigger than when I was expecting Rose at this time and it's already getting hard for me to do things. Rachel knows this and tells me it's just growing faster.

"Okay, let's go!" Rachel exclaims and we follow her through the corridor. She leads us to a locked room. With the key she received, she opens it up and gestures us inside.

We head in and Rachel flicks the lights on, closing the door behind her. "Okay. We won't need to do any tests since we did them at your house so, we can cut straight to the ultrasound and questions." Rachel informs us with a clap of her hands.

With Peeta's help, I lie down on the makeshift bed and lift up my shirt. Peeta makes in a quick kiss on my belly just before Rachel squirts on the cold gel she usually does.

Peeta pulls up a chair beside me as Rachel prepares the monitor. "Can we find out the gender today Rachel?" I ask her.

"Sure. Let's just hope your little one won't make it difficult for us." I chuckle at her added comment and Rachel turns back to us. "Katniss, because you've asked, I'm going to have to press harder on your belly to find out the gender. Okay?"

"Okay. I'm excited." I answer and the scan begins.

I gasp as the screen turns on and we see our baby. Tears fill my eyes instantly.

"There it is." I murmur and see Peeta nod, both of us incapable of speaking once again.

"I'm going to find the gender now as your little one is in a good position." Rachel states and presses harder into my skin.

"It's beautiful, just like you." Peeta comments as I turn my head to smile at him.

"And you too, don't forget that." I add and he smiles at me too. Peeta rises so we can share a quick kiss before turning back to watch the screen.

"You guys are going to be so excited when I tell you." Rachel comments.

"I'm pleases to let you know that you're expecting another girl." Rachel exclaims and I freeze.

A girl.

"A girl." Peeta mumbles.

"Peeta, it's a girl." I state and turn to face him, seeing him nod. "Peeta it's another girl." I repeat before sobbing and stretching my arms out to him. He stands up and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

I burst into louder sobs as Rachel plays us our child's joyful music. It's heartbeat. Fast and steady.
Peeta breaks into sobs and presses his forehead to mine.

Inside me, growing, is my second daughter.

-------------
GUYS LESS THAN 10 CHAPTERS TO GO OF THIS BOOK AND SERIES! 😱😱😭😭 I DON'T WANT IT TO END SO BADLY!