Chapter 37: Future

The feeling I receive when I hug Peeta's family goodbye is so welcoming. I smile at them before backing my steps to Peeta.

"Thank you so much for your hospitality and acceptance." I thank and Peeta's parents and they give me warn smiles.

"It was an absolute pleasure looking after you two." Peeta's mother comments.

"Well we have a train to catch. Don't we?" Peeta says, looking at me and I nod. We bid our farewells, waving before we head up the road to the train station.

"My mother wants to hold a proper wedding ceremony for us when we get back. Are you okay with that?" I ask Peeta and slide my fingers to entwine with his.

"Yeah sure." Peeta simply replies and I reach up to kiss his cheek.

"It won't be our official marriage ceremony because ours was perfect. I didn't care if we were on the run. We still got married." I add and Peeta turns to me and we share a quick kiss.

"I loved our first dance." Peeta comments and I chuckle.

"Ah yes. Where I drove you or you drove yourself into the wall." I laugh and rest my head against his shoulder. "I can agree that I also loved our first dance. No one can beat that." I smile and we enter the town. I look around at the place I called and will call home and notice the building that I will use sometime in the future.

"Peeta" I murmur.

"Yeah Katniss?"

"Our future baby will be born there. Won't it?" I ask him, pointing to the District hospital.

"Yes Katniss, unless we have it at our future home because we can't get you there. But this time, the birth will have a happy ending." Peeta pats my stomach before we stay in a silence as we continue the journey to the train station.

The feeling of another pregnancy consumes me and I stop.

Peeta stops and turns to look at me, confused. "I - I don't know if I want to encounter another pregnancy and have another baby." I stutter, a few tears building in my eyes. Peeta brings me into his embrace and I let a few tears spill onto his shirt.

"What ever you choose, I won't disagree. I'll love you, whatever choice you make." I nod into Peeta's chest before I pull away and wipe tears away.

Peeta wraps his arm around my waist and presses me into his side as we begin walking again.
We approach the train station and Peeta collects our tickets. In no time at all, our train arrives.

The train bound to District 10.

Peeta leads me onto our car and brings us to the bed. He sits down on the side before pulling me onto his lap.

I press my forehead to his and close my eyes. "We're going to be okay. The rivalry is broken now isn't it?" Peeta reminds.

"Yeah." I mumble and press my lips to his. My hands go onto his chest and push him back onto the bed. I lean over him, straddling his hips, before I press our lips back together.