Chapter 32: The Near Silent Humming

I open up my eyes to a different world from my home.

I open my eyes wider to make sure and discover the familiar surroundings. Home.

I turn my head to see Peeta asleep next to me. "Peeta?" I whisper. Yet a first he doesn't respond.

"Katniss. Katniss are you there?" I hear, shaky yet quiet.

"Peeta!" I exclaim in relief and drag him into my embrace. I hear a door slam open and Peeta and I press ourselves together. My mother walks slowly to us and overpowers us.

She walks forward and grabs Peeta by his shirt.

"No! What are you doing to him!?" I exclaim and crawl up to her and try to get my husband back.

"How dare you marry him." My mother spits and I try to claw away her fingers from Peeta's shirt.

"Peeta." I wail.

"I love you so much." Peeta comments to the best of his ability.

"I love you so much." I repeat. My hands find their way to his hair and we begin sharing short kisses.

My mother suddenly up tugs him away from me and I fall to my knees on the cold floor.

"Peeta!" I frantically exclaim and try to rip him from her grip.

"MOTHER NO! HE HAS ME AND A CHILD. DONT HURT HIM. DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY FROM ME." I plead at the top of my voice. I see my mother ignore my remarks and soon I'm let alone in the room as the door slams.

"NO PEETA NO!!!" I scream, sobbing.

I shriek and jolt awake to a dark world. I turn my head and see Peeta, eyes wide in fear. Staring at me.

"Peeta?" He nods and I leap into his arms and cotinue sobbing. "I don't want to go." I retort as I notice the humming of the train we are on. Peeta strokes my head slowly. I know he understands me. We're both worried and there is only one way this can all go. It is by finding out.

Sorry it's so short, I'm on writers block and am busy!