Chapter 57: You Found It

Listen to G.R.L. Lighthouse during this chapter!!

The house is silent all around. Including me.

Peeta is working, but soon to be home. Our two year old daughter in the process of a nap and me, reading.

Not reading a fictional novel, my story. My diaries. The time before Peeta entered my life.

'Just another day in the duration of my life. Which suck. I have nothing to live for. Why do I exist? No one will want me. Ever. The scars that mark my body aren't silver and god, they're vivid black. ' I read and I start tearing up once again after the many times I have since I started.

I reword everything.

My life doesn't suck anymore. I have a family of my own, a husband and daughter to live for. I exist for a reason. Someone did want me. Peeta did want me. The scars that mark my body aren't silver and gold.They tell as story, as Peeta puts it, the story of my battle. I will have to tell Dwyn of my battle I faced for sixteen years of my life.

I chuck the book to the floor, like I've done with so many others and grab one close to me. The one I kept last. The one of my happy life.

I open the diary up and a folded paper slips out from the middle of the book, floating to my lap. I curiously look at it, closing the book and picking the paper up.

I unfold it, revealing a full page of words. But in big, my name. Peeta.

'Katniss,

"When the night gets cold and the lights go out, The sun is gone behind the clouds, When you feel lost, then I'll reach out to guide you home with my lighthouse"

I can never write a limited amount of words that will express my full, unconditional love for you.

It's endless, endless and endless.

An infinite amount of words, hugs, kisses, embraces and I love you's.

I love you in so many ways. To try to explain or define what it is I feel inside is near impossible. I wouldn't know where to begin. Just know what I feel has no end. I will love you beyond forever. With every breath, with all that I am of this I am certain. And though I can't find the ways to tell you how much I love you, without a doubt I can say I will love you all of my days.

I never knew that I could love anyone as much as I love you. I never knew I had it in me. Before We become more than rivals, I never thought that it'd be us two that would be together.

I never thought I'd find someone who could take my breath away, Someone who could love me for who I am and look past my mistakes and flaws.

I never thought I'd find someone who would stand by my side through all my up's and downs.

I never knew that I could love anyone as much as I love you. I never believed I'd find someone who could love me as much as you do.

You got me addicted to you and your love and this addiction will never stop. You're the drug that I can't get off of.

We have our second daughter on the way and I know, she will be as gorgeous as Rose was. As strong as she was when she fought to live.

"If you ever need me, know I'll be there. Don't you ever be afraid to call. I'll be waiting over the horizon. Don't you worry I'm not very far."

Nothing will ever stop me loving you. I know nothing will ever stop you from loving me.

We fought, with fragile glass hearts, for a love that was completely unimaginable from the start of your life. '

I gape as I realise, he wrote this when I was expecting Dwyn and how amazing he is with words once again. It's been in here for over two years. Unnoticed until now.

As I finish, I hear the door unlock and I know Peeta has arrived home. I shoot up from the bed immediately, paper in hand.

Tears of joy running down my face, I run to the front door. As soon as he closes the door I jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist. My arms encircle around his neck and I bury my head into his shoulder.

"You found it did you?" Peeta questions with a chuckle and I nod. I lift my head up from his shoulder and stare into his eyes. I smash my lips against his and his arms wrap around my waist.

How I could not ask for a better mini family.

-------

2 PARTS TO GO. AHHHHH

I posted a NEW oneshot into my oneshot book called The Separation. Please add the book to your libraries as I will add new oneshots into that book!!