Chapter 11: New Surroundings

Day two of many in District 10, day two into our freedom.

Peeta inserts the key into the lock. I grasp onto his hand tighter as he rotates it and he pushes the door open.

We are both met with our new home. Buying a two bedroom apartment, I insisted just incase of extra people, this one fits what we want and like.

White walls, wooden polished floors, fully furnished and small yet spacious.

I stay glued to my spot. Peeta turns to look at me with a small smile. "Come on." Peeta coaxes but I still can't move.

I have my own house now. With Peeta.

Peeta comes to stand in front of me. He places his hand under my arms and picks me up, I wrap my legs and arms around him.

"Let's have a proper look shall we?" He suggests and I nod. We head over to the couches and Peeta slowly removes our bags from our bodies and dumps them on the couch.

Then walking over to the huge windows, we're both blinded by the sunlight. I bury my head into his shoulder to protect my eyes.

"Kat. Kat look." Peeta says and I slowly lift my head, my eyes soon meeting District 10. A whole section of just buildings and then in the distance, the fields.

"The fields look pretty." I comment. Peeta's hand reaches to the last and starts to open it up. Once open enough, Peeta leans to stick his head out for a better look.

"Peeta no!" I exclaim and I tug on his shirt. He turns to look and must see me fear stricken.

Memories of when I tried to commit suicide by jumping off from my old home's roof come flooding into my brain and sobs start escaping my mouth. I bury my head into his shoulder. "I don't want you dead." I stutter.

I hear the window close again and Peeta's hand strokes my hair. "Okay. I'm sorry. I forgot sweetie. I won't do it again." He murmurs and kisses my head. "I would never think of leaving you. Never." He adds and I feel him walk away with me still in his arms.

Soon I hear him speak up again and my sobs stop, "Look, what sleeping luxury." he comments and I look to see a bedroom I would never think I could have.

One huge king sized bed. TV held up against the wall, dark brown walls.

Peeta sits me down on the bed and I practically fall into the duvet. Peeta kneels on the floor and takes my hands in his.

"You like our apartment?" I nod at him but really can't find anything to say right now.

"Kat, did you by any chance pack a white dress?" Peeta asks me.

"Yes, you asked me to have one with me." I reply, slightly confused at his asking, he also packed my bag.

"Let's go get married."

I PUBLISHED A NEW JOSHIFER ONE-SHOT CALLED OSCARS SURPRISE WHICH I DID AS A COLLAB ON INSTAGRAM! CHECK IT OUT IN MY WORKS!