Chapter 15: Home Care

"Oh Peeta, it's worse than a few days ago." I croak as he kisses my temple from where his side of the bed.

"Well guess who is going to look after you." Peeta says and I sadly smile. Peeta rubs my waist as I press my back into his chest.

"But you have to go to work." I state and he sits up behind me.

"No I don't." Peeta replies and climbs off. "I'll be a minute." He walks out of the bedroom and heads to somewhere I'll probably never know. I groan and hug the duvet closer to me. I feel absolutely awful.

It doesn't last long before I find it uncomfortable in the lying position I'm in. I slowly go to be on my back and place my palm against my forehead.

I hear Peeta's footsteps coming closer to the room and my head turns so I see him coming in, holding a mug in his hand.

He frowns when he sees me and places the mug on my beside table. He removes the duvet from being over me and places me slowly on his lap. I rest my head against his neck, silent.

Peeta places one of his plams against my forehead. "Not much of a temperature. It's probably just the stress Kat." Peeta confirms and I nod.

Peeta grabs the handle from the steaming mug of tea and places it in my hands. "Thank you." I mumble and take a sip, instantly tasting the lemon and honey. I smile slightly and continue drinking.

Peeta pecks the side of my head a couple of times before speaking up after some silence.
"You don't deserve to be stressed Kat." Peeta states and I turn to look at him.

"You know how hard this is for us. I know you're stressed but you're just not showing me it." I reply and look down to his hand resting on my legs.

"Yes I'm stressed too but you know what, we'll get through this together. You know that. I didn't make my promise for nothing." Peeta adds and I place the tea back on the bedside table.

I lie down, still on Peeta's lap and close my eyes. The throbbing in my head becoming more and more intense.

"What's wrong Katniss?" Peeta asks me.

"Headache." I reply, my eyes still closed. I feel Peeta place my legs on the duvet and hear his feet banging against the floor.

The light I see beyond my closed eyelids becomes darker as he closes the curtains quietly.

Soon I feel his hand stroke my waist. "I'll be in the lounge if you need me." Peeta states.

"Okay." I murmur and he walks out, leaving me to deal with this headache slowly.