Chapter 55: Baby Girl

I hold her sides as she giggles and gurgles in her cot. I lift her up with a wide smile and bring my lips to her cheek.

"Someone is getting big!" I exclaim stroke Dwyn's hair as I hold her against my side.

"Where is my birthday girl?" Peeta asks, entering the room, as I nod my head to Dwyn.

"She's one today, isn't she Daddy?" I question and Peeta nods, approaching us.

Peeta wraps his arm around me before kissing Dwyn's head. She turns her head to search for her Dad and I let out a small smile.

It fades when I look towards the door. I see Peeta noticed and he looks to me, confused. "Rose could've been bounding through the door." I murmur and sigh at the thought of Rose.

"Let's go see what Mama and Daddy got you!" Peeta says to Dwyn and we walk out of the nursery to our bedroom.

We enter and I sit down on the bed with Dwyn, Peeta receiving our few gifts to her. He grabs them and comes to sit beside me.

I know Peeta goes slightly extravagant with gifts but my heart melts at the sight of his gift.
The simple brown teddy bear, with a white blanket attached to its paw. But what makes my heart melt is that Peeta got her full name, Dwyn Jessica Rose Mellark, embroidered into one corner.

"Peeta." I breathe and carefully place Dwyn on my lap. Peeta sits it in front of Dwyn with a smile and Dwyn reaches out her hand to touch it.

"Say thank you to Daddy." I say, not expecting much of a thanks. She turns her head slowly to look at Peeta and he shows her a smile.

Peeta slinks Dwyn and her present into his arms and I reach beside Peeta and pull another box towards me.

Opening it, knowing what it is, I pull out a new outfit we bought for her. I slip it out of the box and admire the small grey dress with a quite ribbon belt at the rim of the skirt. I gaze into the box and see the white shoes we also bought her.

"Let's gets changed baby girl." I suggest and with effort, both change her.

Once she's changed, I stand her on my calves and bring my lips to her forehead. I close my eyes and feel some tears make their way down my face within seconds.

I leave my lips there for more seconds before breaking and opening my eyes. I look into her blue eyes as she trains her gaze on me.

I let out a smile. "My beautiful baby girl." I whisper and look to Peeta, seeing his phone in his hand.

I'm twenty one years old and already have been blessed with a husband and 1 year old daughter.

My life is perfect.

I could not be happier.

-------------------

4 PARTS TO GO!! 😭😭😭😭😭

Look out for a new book coming soon to my works which will incorporate all my Oneshots so you can easily find them!