Chapter 54: Lulling Me To Sleep

My eyes slowly droop but I open them wider when Peeta comes beside me.

"Well you look comfortable." Peeta comments, sitting on the floor, since I'm lying on the sofa.

"Your daughter is lulling me to sleep you know." I comment and we press our lips to each others.

"Three years." Peeta whispers and grasps my hand in his.

"Yeah, three years." I repeat, we've been officially married for three years and what a wild three years they've been. "I'm glad my last three years have been with you."

"Me too. Well you're going to have to stay awake if you want to celebrate." Peeta states and stands up. He carefully brings our 7 month old in his arms and kisses her nose.

"Rachel is on her way over." He states before helping me up. "Go get ready." He whispers with a smirk and I smile.

I smile back and kiss Dwyn's brown hair. I glance at her with my husband before walking away.

-------------

I approach the door, knowing Rachel has arrived. "Hello." I greet as I open the door up to reveal Rachel.

"Hello. Look at you all dressed up!" Rachel exclaims before hugging me.

"Come in." I urge and let her enter. "Dwyn's with Daddy in the lounge." I comment and lead her to the lounge.

I enter with Rachel and Peeta freezes at the sight of means he hasn't seen me yet. Wearing his favourite colour to show how much more I love him and my hair down in his natural waves. Even though he's seen my hair down so often, I do it for him.

I approach Peeta and slip Dwyn out of his arms. "Y -you look gorgeous." He stutters and I let out a chuckle.

"Not too bad yourself." I comment and turn to Rachel. "It's the usual rules. You know them." I state and kiss Dwyn's cheek.

"See you later baby girl." I farewell before slipping Dwyn into Rachel's arms.

"Now go and spoil yourselves." She exclaims and I entwine my hands with Peeta's. We head out and all I can do when our feet leave the steps is hug him.

"I love you. So so much." I exclaim and bring my lips to his.

"My love to you is never ending Katniss." He replies and I let a small laugh as he picks me up and lead me to his awaited plans.

"You know, I never really wonder what life I'd be having if you didn't dance with me. Because, there's no way I wouldn't have danced with you." I comment and Peeta brings my head down to kiss me.

"You were the one, the minute I saw you sitting there." Peeta says and we break away. I smile wider and wrap my arms slightly tighter around him.

"Who would've thought that two twenty year olds would me married at eighteen and already had two pregnancies with one daughter alive and another no longer with us in that time?" Peeta questions as we enter the tree line, heading away from our home.

I simply reply with, "Us."