Chapter 50: And It's All Done

"Alright, lets hop into the bath now Katniss!" Rachel instructs and I slowly push myself up. With Peeta's support. Pain spreads all around my body and I let out a quiet whimper.

Peeta wraps his arm diagonally around my body and removes my hand from pushing myself up. Peeta carefully picks me up and sets me down on my feet.

"Thank you." I whisper and Peeta carefully removes his shirt I was wearing from my body. Once it's on the bed, Peeta wraps his arm around me once more and we slowly walk to the bathroom.

Halfway there I buckle my knees and slowly drop to the floor. I need to get down. Peeta gets that connection that another contraction is coming. Once sitting, I place my hands in front of me and move my upper body up.

More powerful pain shoots through me and I nearly scream. I loudly wail and move my body, trying to remove the pain.

"Just think that this is one of your last ones." Peeta murmurs and I nod. The pain subsides but doesn't remove itself from my body. Peeta slowly slips me into his arms and stands up. He carries me towards the bath and I make out the water is inside.

I decided earlier that Peeta will sit in the bath with me as I finish up these long hours.

Peeta carefully climbs into the bath. He carefully stands me up and my feet and legs make contact with the warm water. I sigh in comfort and Peeta and I slowly crouch down. Peeta sits against the wall of the bath first before I sit, leaning against his back.

"Okay Katniss. I'm going to have the lights dimmed for just under half an hour. I'll check you one last time and I believe in 40 minutes time you'll be parents." Rachel says and I nod.

Peeta grabs his phone from the side of the bath and opens it to camera. "Let's have one last photo as non-parents." He suggests and I do my best to smile at the camera. He takes the photo and then Rachel dims the lights. I close my eyes and lean my head into his neck, holding onto both of his hands.

Thirty minutes later I am overcome with excruciating pain, giving a sign to Rachel I'm really close to pushing. While I try to breathe through the contraction, Rachel checks me.

"Okay Katniss. I know you're in pain but you need to start now." Rachel says and also climbs into the bath, sitting in front of me. "I need you to sit your legs on Peeta. You need a gap between you and the bath floor." I nod and slowly move myself.

"Okay. Let's go. Give me just a small push while your pain is dying down." Rachel instructs and I do as told. I moan and Peeta rubs my upper back.

"And stop." Rachel says and I nearly scream at the sight of the bath already. "It's okay. It's normal." Rachel alerts before adding. "When you're at your next contraction, I need you to push hard." I nod and start crying.

"Katniss?" Peeta murmurs and wraps his arms lightly around me.

"It hurts so much." I complain and Peeta kisses the crook of my neck.

"I know. But we're already on our way to pushing. We'll see her very soon." Peeta comments and I try to control my ragged breathing.

The next contraction comes and I push my hardest. Grabbing tightly onto the edges of the bath. I scream and call out Peeta's name on the top of my lungs, tears being rapid down my face.

"Push a little longer. I am just starting to see the head." Rachel asks and I let out a strangled cry.

"I can't. I can't." I wail and stop even though I'm supposed to keep going. They both here my uneven breathing and Rachel grabs an oxygen mask from the side of the bath. Peeta places it on and Rachel asks me to follow her breathing.

"In.... And out." She repeats and my shaky hand goes to grasp Peeta's hand.

"Deep breaths." Peeta demands and strokes the top of my hand with his thumb. I nod when I'm breathing fine again and slip off the oxygen mask.

"Have that just behind you Peeta. We'll be giving her extra oxygen after each push." I hear Rachel instruct.

"Now this next one, I want as much of the head out as I can get okay Katniss?" Rachel asks and I nod, getting ready again. I still hold onto Peeta's hand as the pain stabs me and I lean far forward to push. Halfway through something slips and Rachel orders me to stop. Peeta helps me place the oxygen mask on and I lean my arms onto Rachel's shoulders.

"Let's aim for two more pushes okay?" Rachel pitches her idea and I nod. "Two more then you're done." Rachel adds and I sigh. Peeta massages my shoulders and peppers kisses onto my wet back. Rachel grabs a container of water and runs it down my neck. She dunks the rest in a cloth and hands it to Peeta. I lean back and he rubs my neck and my face slowly, after removing the mask.

"I'm going to push." I alert Rachel and the pain grows, forcing me to push. My back arches in pain and I grasp onto my knees for something to hold.

"Keep going. We can finish pushing if you keep going." Rachel says and I push harder, screaming and shouting at Peeta and Rachel.

I gasp and fall onto Peeta as she leaves my body. I see Rachels hands move under the water. Looking after my daughter.

She brings her to the surface as our daughters begins squealing. I sigh as I know she has survived. I open out my arms and Rachel places her in them. I bring our daughter to my chest, watching her squirm and scream.

"There we go. Look at her." Peeta comments and strokes my arm. "Are we going to go with Dwyn Jessica - Rose like we discussed?" Peeta asks and I nod.

"Yeah." I manage to say, still gaining my breathing back.

"It fits her perfectly."