Chapter 1: Plans

Peeta scoops me up into his arms after I speak my suggestion. He turns towards the now broken wall or window and kisses my head.

"So you agreed?" I ask and Peeta nods.

"I'm not leaving you. I want you. Right beside me." Peeta adds and I kiss his neck. He walks towards the rubble and I bury my head into his shoulder, finally in his embrace.

"How long was I in here?" I ask Peeta.

"Poppy called me the day after you got it, I waited for the perfect moment which was a day after that. So 3 days." I whimper at the time I was in here and I wrap my arm tighter around him.

"It's okay. I'm here, thanks to Poppy." Peeta coos and I close my eyes. The world stay silent beside Peeta's footsteps.

The footsteps soon stop and my eyes shoot open. Peeta stands me up and kisses my forehead.

"I'll climb up and then help you up okay?" Peeta explains and I nod. He smiles before preparing to climb up. He jumps and pulls himself up, I carefully help him. Peeta soon sits up from the hole he entered from.

He holds his arms out and I reach up to grab them. I jump and he pulls me up with all his strength. I climb up the wall and soon sit beside him.

I look out onto the world I haven't seen for 3 days. I smile as the dark world is what I have wanted to see so bad. Peeta places his hand against my cheek and turns my head. As soon as I face him, his lips are on mine and we share a passionate kiss. Tears build up but I don't let the, escape. Peeta sadly breaks it and he brings his left leg over before jumping.

I gasp and turn towards the ground. He lands on the ground on his feet and turns to look up at me. "Jump." He whispers and I do as he asks, knowing he will catch me. I bring my leg over and jump, soon enough in his embrace.

"Okay, we're going to go to your room and were going to take 2 bags full of belongings. I can do that if you want to write some notes to people." He instructs and I nod.

We run towards a door that will take me to my room with no one noticing. I gesture Peeta to it once we reach it and I push the stone door open. Peeta gets a torch out and he grabs my hand before walking up the stairs. We go straight up, knowing no one is to find us. After 4 flights of stairs we reach the door to my bedroom.

We enter into the dark room and I run quietly to turn on the lights. I got to the closet and pull put a duffle bag and a brown backpack.

I shove the duffle bag into Peeta's arms. "Put anything you want in there. Put a couple of gowns if you have to. Go though my drawers and stuff what ever you think I need in them." I instruct him quickly and the runs into the closet. I open my bag and run into the bedroom, dumping in toiletries I'll need.

But I'm quickly distracted by the sight of me in the mirror. Tears spring from my eyes at my distraught shape. I'm awful. Yet Peeta still loves me. And always will. I sadly smile at the thought but I quickly divert my eyes to continuing my packing.

Exiting out quickly, I grab paper and write a letter to Poppy, letting her know what's happened, thanking her and letting her I'll never forget her. I add what she has to say about this to prim. A few tear drops land on the paper and I fix my wallet, stuffing 50 dollars in the envelope along with the letter.

I feel Peeta's hand graze my waist and he kisses my head. "I'll head back down through the door with this and I'll meet you down there." He says.

"What about your stuff?" I ask, confused.

"I've got my bags in the treeline. I know where, don't worry." he answers before kissing my temple. "See you soon." He finishes and exits via the door we entered through.

I sigh and seal the envelope, writing Poppy's name on it. I place it on my beside table before quickly finishing up my packing.

I end up going through my dresser last when a thought strikes my mind. I dig through my drawer finding a plain piece of paper. I rummage through the red lipstick I'm leaving behind, finding the one I absolutely hate.

I open it and write 'MESS WITH ME? MESS WITH US!' in capitals.

I sign it with my name before taping it to the mirror. I leave the lipstick out and place the last few things in my bag.

Closing it, I run to close the wall door and switch off the bedroom light. I run onto the balcony and look behind to see my room for the last time.

I hear thunder clouds erupt and rain starts falling. I look down to see Peeta with his arms out ready. I adjust my bag on my shoulders before climbing over the railing and jumping into Peeta's arms.

Once down he stands me up, placing my duffle bag over my shoulder and we run hand in hand.

Away from here.

For good.

Finally free for once in my life.

But with the rain pouring down on us.