Chapter 53: Smiles

I carefully climb out of bed with a smile, months later. The bright morning sun seeping through the curtains and illuminating the walls with a yellow tinge.

I retrieve Dwyn from her cot, still beside our bed. As I slip her into my arms she wakes up and starts to make her usual noise.

"Sshh." I coo with an index finger to my lips. I smile before turning back to the bed.

I quietly chuckle when I see Peeta now sprawled out on his stomach, still dead asleep.

I walk over to his side, 3 month old Dwyn gurgling in my arms. I kneel down beside the bed. I take Dwyn out of my arms and place her on her fathers back.

Dwyn stays lying for a minute. I quickly grab his phone and take a picture before Dwyn begins to wriggle. I try to contain my laughs and watch as Peeta wakes.

"Huh?" I hear him murmur and slowly take Dwyn off of him. Just as well as Peeta turns around to face us. He lets out some chuckles as he sees Dwyn in my arms.

"My princess woke me up did she?" Peeta asks, still half asleep.

"Yeah she did. Happy Birthday Peeta." I comment and he smiles wider.

"Get up Daddy. We have places to go to." I state before laying Dwyn's head on my shoulder and standing up.

I head out to Dwyn's nursery to get Dwyn dressed.

Halfway through getting her dressed I jump as Peeta wraps his arms around me.

"Silly Daddy." I mutter, tickling Dwyn's bare stomach. I finish getting her ready, Peeta's head buried in my shoulder and arms wrapped around my waist.

"Your daughter is looking gorgeous isn't she?" I ask Peeta as I finish dressing Dwyn in a sunset orange dress.

"That has been done on purpose, hasn't it?." He states as I let out a quiet laugh.

"No, Dwyn chose it." I answer and smile. "She really reached out for this one." I add.

I pick her up of her dressing table and pass her to Peeta.

"There you go." I whisper and Peeta brings his lips to her small nose.

"Good morning princess." He greets and grabs Dwyn's matching shoes, slipping one on at a time.

I swipe open the curtains, looking onto the start of the woods. I smile and flinch slightly as Peeta plays with me once again.

"If you're using our daughter, I suggest you stop." I alert and slip Dwyn quickly out of her father's arms. I rest her against my side.

"I'll go feed her. You get up." I instruct Peeta and he laughs as I walk out of her room and towards the kitchen.

With the happiest felling. Today will be a good day for us.

5 CHAPTERS TO GO! NOOOO