★I've Been.. Rough.. - Sapnap

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

CW - talks about getting covid, throwing up and lack of privacy whilst getting ill from both ends of the body

Channel(s) - Sapnap, Karl, Dream, GeorgeNotFound

-

Sapnap's pov

I sit, adjusting face cams across the stream and an image up for Dream. I'm doing a just chatting stream with face cam. This is all because I took a month's break as a result of getting really sick.

I caught covid from a family member. I was visiting my parents and distant family was there, one of the snotty nosed little shits had covid and my shit immune system caught it for the first time.

Somehow, Dream didn't catch covid from looking after me. We slept in the same room for two and a bit weeks. He was the one holding my hair back as I pulled my guts up, keeping me conscious when I was exhausted emptying my bowls on the toilet.

I still can't taste or smell, that hasn't returned yet. Mixture of a blessing, for some things, and a curse for others. I can't smell Dream's amazing meals, nor can I taste my favourite dishes he makes for me.

"Alright.. hey chat.. I'm starting in just a second!" I exclaim, my voice breaking as the urge to cough builds up in my throat. I mute up again, coughing a rough and phlegmy cough in to my elbow.

"Sounds rough still" George says softly and Dream hums.

"I can still here him having coughing fits in the night" Dream says softly and I quickly use hand sanitizer on my hands.

"Sorry, I try to muffle it with my pillow.. I didn't realise it was still so loud" I say softly, binning dirtied tissues from my desk and floor, making sure all dirtied laundry is in the basket.

"It's whatever, I'll drop some cough sweets into your room later on" Dream says and I thank him softly before turning back to my stream.

I quickly check volume levels and make sure everyone's at good levels.

"Alright, hello chat.. I'm back.. finally!" I exclaim, my throat scratchy as I try to be energetic for the first time in a long while.

I switch over, loading up all the face cams on to the screen. I let everyone wave and say hello.

"Guys, I'm gonna be honest with you all.. I've been pretty shit" I say with a deep sigh.

I cough, trying to hold the most of it back but failing. It comes out, sounding strangled and broken.

"I mean really shit because I caught covid. It was from a family member.. I was going back to meet up with my parents back home and I didn't realise my distant relatives, cousins and all, were there and one of the younger kids had a snotty noise.. his parents thought it was a cold and the child tested positive the next morning.. and then three days before I was supposed to meet with Karl, I tested positive for covid" I explain, frowning as I look dead on at my face cam.

"Yeah! I had to look after him too!" Dream complains and I hum with a giggle, causing a chesty cough to ripple through my throat.

"I'm still recovering, the cough is the worst of it now" I say softly, sniffling as I lean back in my chair. "So.. the rona is no fun to get guys, keep wearing your masks, go and get vaccinated if you can.. I probably would have needed to be hospitalised if I weren't already!" I exclaim, refreshing my twitter feed.