★Not So Obvious - Sapnap

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

Chapter info - this one shot touches on tourettes, I don't have tourettes but I have watched many documentaries, many creators and people online who do have tourettes and I'll try my best to be as accurate with it as possible, I understand that tourettes is different in everyone so some people can have it very severe or it can be milder, please do correct me though on anything I get wrong. I like to learn and be corrected! <3

Channel(s) - Sapnap, Karl, Dream, GeorgeNotFound, Quackity, Badboyhalo

In this one shot, the au is that Sapnap has tourettes syndrome and some people noticed a few motor tics in the irl Pokémon stream he did with Karl.

-

Sapnap's pov

"Oh this is.. gonna be one hell of a ride" I say, clicking my neck as I get prepared for a stream of suppressing tics as best as I can.

When I'm doing gaming streams, I don't even have to worry about suppressing them, my tics literally go. Sometimes I do my fast blinking tic or I'll do my vocal tic of clicking my tongue three times slow then three times fast. But normally, I don't tic whilst playing video games.

I tend to visualise playing Minecraft in my head to help with suppressing the tics. I learnt it when I was younger, an older teen who also had tourettes, we met in a group thing, told me how drumming helped him suppress his tics.

It was interesting and he helped me find my one thing that helped keep my tics calm.

"Alright, I'm gonna mute and do my introduction for the stream and then I'll join back and we can begin" I say softly, tapping my fingers in the desk as I reach for my mouse.

I start my stream, clicking off from the starting soon and saying hello to everyone in chat.

"So, we're gonna play Gartic phone!" I exclaim. "Let me unmute in discord and we can get it all set up" I say softly as I click on to discord from adjusting my music volume.

"Hey Sapnap!" Quackity exclaims as laughter meets my ears and I glance over at the already set up game of Gartic phone.

"Hey! I said semi appropriate names! I'm not tryna get band from twitch you dick! Dick!" I exclaim, saying dick twice as I have a tic where I repeat myself. It's soon followed by me mouthing the word to myself, which makes me thankful for not wanting face cam on.

"Haha, Sapnap likes dick" George exclaims in a teasing tone and I chorus the word dick a few times after him.

"Not funny!" I complain as I suppress the tic down. "Right, guys if we're all ready then we can start!" I exclaim, glancing at discord to make sure everyone is here and ready.

So me, Bad, Dream, George, Quackity, Karl, Skeppy, Sam, Foolish and Ponk are playing today. Puffy was gonna join but something came up last minute.

<An hour later>

"So.. I didn't know what it was supposed to be.. that's why I put "Karlnap but Karl making Sapnap tic" and yeah.." Ponk says softly and I giggle.

"Ooh! Yes, I'll talk about that after this round.. before we begin next round I wanna discuss this because a lot of people we're beginning to notice" I explain and we quickly move on to the picture drawn by Skeppy.

Soon we finish going through everyone's turns and I don't start the next round.

"So, I actually wanted to talk about.. my tourettes.. a lot of people we're noticing my tics in the Pokémon stream I did with Karl last week, they didn't really know it was a tic and thought I was hurting myself.. I have a tic that I do which is slamming my fist against my thigh I'll do it two, three times before stopping" I explain softly, adjusting how I'm sat.

"Wait.. you're really gonna talk about it!" Dream asks and I hum.

"Yeah, I don't tend to tic a lot when we play video games because my focus goes in to it but like when we did the Pokémon or when we did the Roblox stream, cause I wasn't doing much a lot of the time. I had to suppress my tics which gave me a headache, I try to tic as little as possible on camera" I explain, doing my fast blinking just after saying camera.

I look to chat, seeing most people are just shocked as it was hard to actually notice since I hide it on camera.

"My tics are a majority of motor tics but I do have a few vocal tics too.. repeating things is a big tic that started six months ago.. Karl would meow and I, meow! Mmm-eow! I would copy just like that" I say, laughing a little after my tic. It's quite embarrassing actually.

"Oh.. I remember when we met up the first time and everyone thought you were just echoing me when we filmed for a MrBeast video" Karl says with a giggle.

"Yeah.. I have a habit of also just sucking a big breath in, throwing myself backwards and shouting the first cuss word that comes to mind before I sit back and go back to what I was doing prior to the tic" I explain, keeping my hands occupied with stuff on my desk.

"Usually it's fuck or bitch" Dream says and I hum.

"My vocal tics are more of copying and making random noises then they are swearing and I think it's massively stereotyped that because I have tourettes, I must swear a lot.. and I don't, I only swear when I'm doing that tic or I'm super stressed out" I explain and Dream hums.

"Hearing you swear always catches me off guard" he explains and I hum softly.

"So that's it really, I just wanted to say that it's a tic and not me hurting myself on purpose.. I don't tic much to at all when playing video games so don't expect to see loads or hear loads, you might if you go back and rewatch the hide and seek video on MrBeast channel.. I think they kept in quite a few clips? I don't know" I explain, turning back to the game and starting a new round for everyone to play.

After the round, I end up my stream to go and relax for a bit before I'm going on Karl's stream and after Karl's, George said he might stream which would be good.

"Oh, before I start and unmute in discord.. is it cool if I just mention your tourettes so they should just not acknowledge any tics you have during the stream?" Karl asks and I hum softly.

"Yeah, that would be nice.. thank you Karl" I say softly and he says a quick no worries before muting up and going to start his stream.

The rest of the evening is some what relax, Dream comes and sits in my so we can chat and stuff. It's nice cause it's kinda like family time cause even Patches joins us so we're all together and just talking.

Personally, I really enjoy when Dream comes to my room to just talk.

-

Word count - 822

Hello cubs, I hope you enjoyed this one shot and feel free to leave any requests in the comments!