★Hints - Dream

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

Tw - gender dysphoria, coming out

Channel(s) - Dream, Sapnap, GeorgeNotFound, Badboyhalo, Karl, Skeppy

Dream goes by they/he for this.

-

Dream's pov

"So.. yeah.. I don't mind if you use these pronouns when we're on stream, the fans will catch on eventually I just want you to address me by these pronouns cause they make me more comfortable" I say softly and the others agree.

I held a call with everyone on the dream smp, since coming out to my main three friends that make up the mufinteers, I've been more comfortable and confident to tell people about my gender identity.

It did take a long time to figure out, a lot of asking people online on fake fan accounts and stuff so people wouldn't catch on so fast. All that fun stuff that comes with being in the middle of a gender crisis.

"Ah okay! Thanks for informing us Dream" Karl exclaims happily and I nod.

"So, I've gotta go because I've got some stuff to get sorted with family.. my sister isn't too happy with my pronouns so I've gotta go sit and talk it out with her but umm.. we're still on to stream tomorrow?" I ask softly.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to it!" Quackity exclaims and I smile before logging off.

<The next day>

"No! Obviously that one was Dream's and that one is Tubbo's!" Tommy exclaims and I laugh.

"No! Their one is the one for Quackity's answer and Tubbo's is the one responding to Bad's about his dog being cooked!" Skeppy exclaims, my heart skipping a beat as he uses the pronouns I asked of yesterday

"No! That wouldn't even make sense!" Tommy exclaims and then the results come in.

"See! It belongs to Dream! It was their answer!" Skeppy says, excited to be correct.

"Guys chill! Let's move on yeah?" I say softly and the others agree.

"That answer was hilarious Dream!" Quackity says and I smile.

"Sapnap and I have been practicing our jokes" I say softly and Sapnap laughs.

"Fuck, his dark humour is the best! Honestly they have the best sense of humour and none of you could beat that!" Sapnap exclaims and I roll my eyes.

"It's not that great" I say, rolling my eyes playfully.

<Later>

"So.. you looked at the tweets since after stream?" Sapnap asks, he's streaming with George but I got bored so I just layed across his bed.

He's got his green screen up anyways.

"Nope.. don't wanna.." I mumble, yawning sleepily as I curl up in the blankets.

"Have a look.. they're all talking about your pronouns, all good stuff too" he says softly and I hum.

"Fine, gimme my phone then" I mumble, he was using it earlier for cat pictures.

"Catch" he says softly, gently chucking my phone towards the bed, I catch it between a few fingers but it mostly hits the bed.

I log on to my phone and look through Twitter, looking at a few tweets before finding one with a hashtag.. support Dream? Support me with what?

"What's the hashtag about?" I ask softly and Sapnap laughs.

"The fans are wondering about you using they/them pronouns, they started a hashtag to support you on exploring your gender identity" Sapnap says and I gasp.

"Oh! Oh I forgot about that part!" I exclaim and Sapnap laughs. "I honestly didn't think that they would catch on so quick with a few times of you guys using they/them pronouns for me" I say with a soft smile.

"So.. you gonna tell them?" Sapnap asks and I shrug.

"I might.. might not.. we'll decide tomorrow" I say, rolling over on the bed some more to stretch out.

"How are you so tired?" Sapnap asks and I shrug.

"Staying up talking with George.. then not going to sleep cause I was worried about my pronounced during stream then realised there was nothing to worry about in the first place" I say with a huff, Patches coming over from by Sapnap's ankles and curling up with me.

"Go back to your room Dream, don't want you falling asleep in here cause then you'll snore and distract me!" Sapnap exclaims and I dramatically gasp.

"I do not snore! What are you talking about!?" I exclaim and he laughs, amused by my reaction.

"You also talk, talking about how much you love your dear friends and your family, it's adorable" Sapnap says and I feel my cheeks flush.

"Shut up man.." I complain, rolling on to my stomach and groaning. "Leave me be.. you're bed.. is ten times comfier than  mine" I mumble out, curling up in the mess of pillows and blankets.

"Just don't sleep so long, you've gotta stream later" Sapnap says softly and I hum, quickly falling asleep in comfort and warmth.

Sapnap's pov

I smile softly, hearing Dream's soft snores soon fill the room. I roll my eyes and laugh, turning back to my stream before realising time was ticking.

Before I knew it, it was already near eleven at night and Dream has his stream to do in five minutes. He's not gonna be awake enough at first.

I end stream, telling them I'll be on Dream's stream in like five or so minutes. Dream will probably be late since he'll wanna get a drink and use the bathroom first, plus he's got the returning to the land of living period.

I quietly go over, kneeling by the side of my bed and gently waking Dream. I don't like being harsh cause it startles him and Dream's quite sensitive to loud or sudden noises, it hurts his ears a lot.

"Mm.. no.." Dream mumbles out, rubbing his face more in to his blanket.

"You need to get up Dream.. you promised Skeppy that you'd stream bed wars with him and Bad" I say softly and he groans.

"But.. m'tiredddd!" He whines out and I laugh.

"I know, c'mon.. I'll go out and buy you your favourite drink if you get up now" I say softly and Dream instantly sits up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Please and thank you!" Dream says happily and I smile.

"Okay, so you go join Bad and Skeppy for their stream and I'll be back in twenty minutes with your drink" I say softly and he nods happily.

So Dream goes off to do his stream and I leave to go get drinks from Starbucks, we're gonna be up late so we're gonna need caffeine.

So, it takes me longer than expected but with in thirty five or so minutes, I make it back home and head in to Dream's room.

"So.. yeah, it'll probably get clipped and put all over YouTube but I'm comfortable with he/they pronouns, I'm not gonna force you to use them if you don't want to but please respect that for me" Dream says softly to the stream as he spins in his chair and i smile softly.

"Here Dream, the line was long" I say softly as I place his drink down on the desk. "I'm proud of you for addressing your pronouns so proudly" I say softly and Dream nods.

"Thank you Sappy.." he says softly and i smile, sitting besides him and watching as Skeppy's chat freaks out. I shrug it off and we move in with the stream.

The fans were so respectfully towards Dream that it made him feel happy.

-

Word count - 1275

Hello cubs! I hope you enjoyed this one shot. Feel free to leave any requests in the comments and have a great day.