★Wish You Were.. Sober.. - Dream

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

CW - alcoholism, abusive partner, self harm, bruises

Channel(s) - Dream, Karl, Quackity, GeorgeNotFound, Sapnap, Corpse, Tina

-

Dream's pov

I bite my lip softly, glancing over at my phone as it rings once more. That's the fourth time in the past ten minutes.

"Dream, just answer the phone.. who's even calling you?" Karl asks with a deep sigh.

"My partner.." I mutter softly, muting my ringer before flipping my phone over so I can't even see it ringing.

"So? Why aren't you answering them?" Tina asks softly and I look away from the game on my pc screen.

"It's.. complicated" I mumble softly and Sapnap sighs.

"Just like everything else with them.. if you don't.. end it.. I will have to do what I've threatened to do since I saw what I did" Sapnap mutters, being really vague cause we're on a stream. Karl likes to do late night streams and I join the ones when he's out for the night.

"Don't.. please don't.. it'll just be worse Sapnap" I say softly and he sighs.

"You need help Dream.." he says softly and I whimper.

"I'm fine.. he loves me.. I promise he loves me" I barely whimper out as tears pool in my eyes.

"Sure.. keep telling yourself that" Sapnap says with a soft scoff and I wipe my eyes.

When my phone rings for a fifth time, I make the mistake of picking it up and answering on speaker cause I'm playing video games.

"Baby~!" His words are slurred, heavy and barely coherent.

"What? You said you weren't coming back tonight" I say semi softly and he whines in a clear drunken state.

"I'm drunk kitty.. I wan my baby.. I love you and I wanna show you that.. just like I do every weekend" he slurs out, the sound of cars passing and the gently nights wind blowing distracts me as background noise.

The muffled sounds of club music blares over the silence that fills the gaps between gusts of gently air and speeding cars on the empty night roads.

"You're drunk.. Ian.. okay, I love you too.. just get a lift back home with Byron.. I'll come get you tomorrow afternoon" I say softly and he whines.

"No bubbas! Daddy wants you to come get him now!" He complains and I sigh.

"Fuck off with the daddy shit, I'm never gonna call you that" I say with a scoff filled with disgust. "Get your own way home!" I complain and hang up right as he whining begins.

I then switch my phone off, not wanting to receive any whiny texts or calls from him. Not wanting to hear or see him begging to be picked up.

"God.. I wish he'd stay sober for more than a day.." I mutter softly, pushing my phone aside and adjusting my hoodie so the sleeves fully cover my wrists. Mainly out of habit since no one can actually see me.

"I'll be over in five Dream" Sapnap says softly. "Bye Karl!" He exclaims before leaving discord before I can even say anything.

I sigh softly and Corpse speaks up.

"You deserve better than the d-bag you're dating now Dream.." he says and I hum.

"I love him.. even if it hurts me" I say softly and the call falls silent for a moment.

"Let's move away from this topic, I'm sure Dream is thoroughly uncomfortable by now" Quackity says softly, laughing awkwardly and Karl hums.

The stream quickly moves past the incident and exactly five minutes from the time Sapnap left, he comes knocking at my door. I moved in to my boyfriend's apartment a month in to our relationship and so Sapnap still lives in our old place, George is supposed to be moving in soon.

"Alright Karl.. I'm gonna go cause Sapnap is gonna try be up my ass about my boyfriend and I don't want you to hear all the nagging from him" I say softly, saying a quick goodbye to everyone in the discord before leaving.

"Holy shit!" Sapnap exclaims as I open my office door, allowing him to come in. "How fresh is that?" He asks softly, his tone becoming gently as he delicately touches around my black eyes.

"Few hours.." I mutter out softly and he sighs.

"It looks awfully painful" he says softly and I hum, looking away.

"It's stopped hurting by now" I mumble and Sapnap sighs.

"Please, let's go back to our apartment and let's ice it" Sapnap says softly and I nod tiredly.

I'm so fed up with him anyways, I don't think I could handle seeing him tonight or I may snap and actually hurt him.

<~>

"Rest well Dream.." Sapnap says softly before he leans over and turns the light out. He then leans back on the bed and hugs in to me.

"M'sorry.. if I wake you from crying in the morning.. I get nightmares" I say softly and he sighs.

"It's okay.. we're going to the police in the morning, to report him" Sapnap says softly, pushing my hair out from my eyes. "Just try and get some sleep.. you're safe bugaboo" Sapnap says softly, gently finger tips running up and down my side.

"M'kay.. I'll try.." I mumble softly, rolling over and curling more in to his side.

Yeah.. in the end.. everything was fine. Sapnap actually helped me. I didn't think I could be more thankful to have him as my best friend in life.

-

Word count - 945

Hello cubs, I hope you enjoyed this one shot and feel free to leave any requests in the comments!