Chapter 115

After lunch Liam dropped me and Ace off at home with Ruby while he ran some errands for the reveal. I wonder what he's planning?
"Has Liam mentioned anything to you?" I question him raising an eyebrow.
"No I tried tho, not gonna lie but he's having none of it" he says slumping back into the sofa.
"Me too, but nothing, not even an incling" I tell him crossing my arms over my body watching as Ruby crawls around climbing the sofa. That's her new thing now days.

Laying on my bed in my robe after having a shower I feel drained, the hot weather's a pain too. I hear the front door and assume Liam's home now and I have no energy to go annoy him to tell me. I want to be surprised. I can shop after like he said.
Getting up I go grab clothes from my drawers and pull on biker shorts and a baggy t-shirt I robbed from Ace not long ago with my Adidas trainers.

Walking down the stairs I see Liam with no bags. He must of hid them from us.
I walk into the dining room calling Seline. She's now officially the manager of Angel's while I'm off pregnant. She's a massive help too.
"Hey Angelica, everything's OK, don't worry so much" she says as soon as she answers. Am I coming predictable or something.
"I was just checking in babes, but I'm glad to hear that. Your doing amazing I'm so proud of you" I tell her grinning to myself.
"Thanks Angelica I won't let you down, bye" she says and I hang up happy.

As I do nothing I sit there wanting to see how the new salons progress is coming along.
"Baby?" I call out to Ace in the kitchen. He comes strolling in looking me over licking his lips.
"I'm bored so I was thinking of going to check on the new salon" I tell him but he's hesitant.
"Ace, I'm fine, I need out this house. Maybe just go take Ruby to the park then." I say and he nods with a smile walking back out the room.
As I stand up and take the pushchair from the cupboard and collect Ruby from her swing.
"Shall mama take you to the park baby girl" I say to her and she lights up. She's growing up so fast.

"I'm leaving you two, be about an hour or two. I have my phone" I shake my phone at them to prove it and push it into my bag.
Liam opens the front door for us and I step out grabbing my sun glasses from my bag. Fucking hell it's hot.
"You sure one of you don't want to come with me?" I ask turning back looking at both of them smiling..
"Ace you should go I have things to do" Liam says trying to get rid of him. Clearly it's baby related so he has no options.. "You wanted this bro" Liam laughs grabbing Ace's jacket and shoving him out towards me.
"I'll call you when it's safe." Liam tells me and closes the door. Walking down the path to the gates, Ace pushes Ruby and I hold onto his arm like the perfect family picture we make.

"Ace I have so many questions. I'm about to marry you and I know nothing about you" I randomly think as we arrive at the park. Looking at all these children and I'm about to bring ours here when there old enough and I don't even really know there dad. Suddenly a wave of sadness hit me.
"I need to know more about you Ace." I tell him as I unclip Ruby from her pushchair and carry her to the swing set.
Pushing the pushchair behind me I put Ruby into the available swing and clip her in and start to push her slowly. Looking back at Ace he still hasn't even said anything.
"There's nothing to tell angel I'm not the same person" he says shrugging it off but I don't understand why? What happened?
Looking back at Ruby's smiling face as I push her facing me kicking her legs holding on.
"You love the swings don't we baby" I say to her in a playful voice making her giggle.
"mama mama" she says throwing her hands in the air as she goes a little higher.
Turning around watching Ace on his phone was not what I was expecting of our time out. What's wrong with him. Did I ask the wrong questions? Don't I have a right to know?
Taking Ruby from the swing I walk over to the roundabout knowing she loves it and Ace follows us putting his phone away, he looks at us with a smile but it doesn't reach his eyes. Somethings wrong!
He spins us around nonetheless and plays peek a boo with her as we spin around slowly looking for him. I'm starting to feel dizzy and sickness comes and goes.
Ace looks at me and stops the roundabout looking me over.
"You wana get off you look dizzy baby? and let her go play in the sand maybe? I'll tell you about it if that's what you really want angel" he suddenly says with a small smile. Feeling happy now that he's about to open up I slowly stand and walk towards the sand box and put Ruby down.
Sitting on the bench next to the sandpit I observe Ruby while glancing back and forth at Ace listening.. Well waiting for him to start. He fidgets a little and bounces his foot up and down like he's anxious to talk about it.
"Baby, you don't need to splurt it all out now. I'm ok with just knowing the basics. For now" I tell him smiling at him.
He instantly relaxes and at ease with the next thing he's about to say.
"Liam's my real brother. We have the same dad. Our dad cheated on Liam's mum Angela and they ended up having me" he says sadly and puts his head down.
"That's not your fault Ace. They made that choice, not you. Don't ever feel guilty for there decisions" I tell him honestly grabbing his hand I gently squeeze it and smile up at him as he watches Ruby throw sand everywhere.
"I know angel, but I can't help how I feel, Angela practically raised me. I felt more like her son that I did my own fucking mums" he says angrily and I rub his leg understanding his anger.
"I get it Ace. But please let me in. I'll never judge you. I just want to love you baby" I tell him and kiss his cheek.
I think it's time to go home.