Chapter 39

Walking into the salon, I start my first day back with the girls. I've missed everyone surprisingly but I settle in like I never went away.
It's been a week since the 'red alert' and we're settling back into life. I got a extra week off work for a family emergency I told them but it all worked out OK in the end. I guess anyways.
I see my first client come through the door and I greet her with a smile
"Hey Charlotte" I say remembering her name she's a nice lady, abit chatty but it gets me through the day.

"Lunch time Angelica" I hear Amy call from reception looking over at me tidying my area.
"Yes! I'm coming" I say opening the drawer and grabbing my phone then off to get my bag.
"What do you want to eat?" I ask her not really bothered about food. I really am feeling different lately.
"I don't mind but I need to talk to someone about Liam. I don't know how I feel about what happened" she says hooking her arm through mine. I still don't know how I feel. Robbie is or was I don't know.. Friend but Jason is my boyfriend now. I love him.
"You have to decide hun. Did you know Robbie?" I ask her looking around at the food shops. Lost
"Nope but that doesn't make this OK" she says stopping and looking at me.
"I know but I know him it's difficult. If I choose one I lose the other" I say shrugging my shoulders.
"I love him tho Angelica. It just scared me. He's rang me so many times and texted, he's shown up at work and I just avoid him at all cost. But if I carry on I don't know" she hesitates
"if you carry on avoiding him your scared you'll lose him" I fill in for her and she just nods yes sadly. Bless her.
"Basically. So what would you do if you were me" she asks and I just look at her thinking wow.
"Errr." I say and hesitate..
"Let him explain and listen to his side I guess" I tell her honestly and smile to reasure her.
"OK I'll call him" she says pulling out her phone.
"Wait. What? Now?" I gasp not expecting her to do it right fucking now. Shit.
"Hey" I hear her say almost immediately. He's keen still. Good sign I thought listening in and looking around. Waiting..
"Two beautiful ladies, how lucky am I" Liam calls out putting the phone down on Amy.
Where the fuck did he come from?
"You again" I roll my eyes playfully at him and he smiles at me hugging me.
"Yes me again, hello Amy" He says walking over to her. Liam grabs both her hands and kisses her gently on the lips.
He whispers something into her ear and she blushes looking over at me. Eww cringe.
Turning to face me holding Amy's hand still he pulls something out his pocket.
I watch him carefully wondering what he's doing.
"And this is something for you love" Liam says handing it over. As I hold out my hand and take the item I feel a metel key. What the fuck?
"Huh?" I groan and he just winks at me.
"Something special to make up for my behaviour, I've been talking with Jason" is all he says. That's not helpful still its a key. For what exactly? Confused I just stand there staring at the key in the palm of my hand.
"Jason will explain" he says as I look up to him.
"OK thanks for this" I held up the key. They talk a little while I wait around getting kinda hungry now.
"Bye baby" is all I catch and he starts to walk off.
"See you later Angelica" he calls out and I wave over to him.

After lunch and a bunch of clients I finish up packing my area and cleaning it ready for tomorrow and I hear my phone ring in the drawer. Pulling it out I see Jason flash on the screen. Smiling I pick up.
"Hey baby" I say happily and I can feel the wide smile from him.
"My Angel, I'm outside waiting for you. Come on" he says down the phone with a chuckle. I check my watch and realise I should off left a while ago. Shit
"Sorry Ace, I'm coming now" I tell him and hang up going to grab my bag.

Climbing into the passenger side I kiss Ace and put my bag down.
"How was your first day back angel?" He asks me driving off.
"It was good, I must say I missed it a little. I rather be on a beach with you tho" I tell him with a smile. He rubs my thigh and squeezes it gently.
"Soon Angel, I miss just having you to myself" he says glancing over at me.
Finally arriving home I jump out the car and unlock the door. Yes the key from Liam. "I need to ask you something" I say and he nods his head walking into the kitchen.
"I seen Liam today I think him and Amy are good now aswell" I ramble. He nods as he drinks some bottled water.
"He gave me something" I hold up the key and he smiles at me.
"So he's really gonna do it" he says and I look at him confused.
"Do what? What is it for?" I ask wanting someone to just fucking tell me.
"Get changed, something conformable and I'll show you" he says grinning and I stomp my foot like a kid and look up at the ceiling.
"Please tell me" I whine at him wanting to know now.
"Nope, go change angel" he laughs shooing me off.

Ready and waiting to leave I hurry Ace along.
"Come on. I want to go now" I say clapping my hands at him.
"Yeah yeah, I'm coming" he says walking up and opening the door for me and locking it.
Climbing into the car with Jason's help he closes my door and takes his sweet time walking around. Fuck sake.
He climbs in and fucks around with the mirror and the stereo. What the actual fuck is he doing
"Seriously?" I say disappointedly.
"Chill out angel, we're going" he chuckles and starts up the car.

"oh my god I haven't been around here in so long" I say as I look out the window.
"That's going to change" he smiles at me knowingly. He pulls up at a old closed down salon I used to always dream about. It closed down before I qualified so I never got a chance to apply. And now look at it.
I look over at him confused to why he's stopping here. He starts to climb out so I follow suit and he walks up to the old salon door why?
"You have the key angel" he gestures to the key in my hand I've been fiddling with since getting into the car.
"Wait what?" I say looking between him and the key.
"Open the door to your new salon angel" he says smiling at me and I freeze. Is he being serious right now.
"Jason don't play with me" I tell him calmly ready to burst if he says he's not.
I put the key into the door and the lock clicks open and the door swings open.
"Wow" I say finally realising that I've just used the key to open up my dream salon.
I can't fucking believe it. It's mine.