•Taken Pt2•

Jess-30
Billie-31
Melody-12

Jess
I wonder what she looks like, what she sounds like, her personality I wanna know it all.

I heard the door open and a voice. A voice I recognized but at the same time felt like I've never heard before.

"Mom?"

Turning around I just about burst into tears.

My daughter. Still sporting Billie's blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Though she now has my freckles darted across her face, her little button nose identical to Billie's. She was beautiful, hell she was perfect.

I stood there for a moment, a part of me still not believing this was real. Though something I wasn't expecting was her running up and hugging me. Her arms slinging around my neck, and I swear I heard a small cry.

"I missed you." She said softly. Who knew those three simple words could make someone feel so much emotion. I threw my arms back around her, holding her so tight I thought I would crush her.

"Oh baby, I missed you too. Oh I missed you so much." In that moment I felt all my 7 years of pain completely wash away.

"Are you better now? Am I gonna be able to see you everyday?" She pulled back to look me in the eyes.

"Yes I'm better now, as for the other part well that's not really up to me. That is up to your momma."

I looked up at Billie seeing her debate her answer.

"You're clean?" She asked me.

"6 years." I said.

"...Okay. Yeah okay I don't see why not. Um do you have anywhere to stay?"

I stood up as Melody practically wrapped herself around my waist hugging me.
"I was just gonna stay in a motel somewhere."

I saw how her face scrunched up at my words.
"No screw that. You're staying with us."

"Billie really-"

"No, Jess I'm not letting you stay in a dirty ass motel room for god knows how long. You're staying with me. It'll be like old times."

Melody tugged on my sleeve.
"Please mom? Ill get to show you my room, and all my paintings-"

"You paint?" I asked her. I used to paint when I was her age. It was like my therapy.

"Yeah! Come on please?"

I thought it over for a moment before I smiled.
"Okay. Okay alright I'll stay."

Melody squeezed my side happily almost suffocating me as Billie watched in amusement. Well she certainly got Billie's strength that's for sure.

~

Once we got back to Billie's house Melody practically dragged me to her room. She showed me almost every painting and drawing.

"These are beautiful sweetie. You're very talented."

"Thank you! Oh look I made this one for you."

She shows me a painting of me, Billie and herself. It was all of us, standing together.
I actually started tearing up a bit as I held it.

"Do you like it? I painted that last month when momma told me I was gonna get to see you."

Immediately I pulled her into a hug
"Oh sweetie I love it. It's beautiful."

Billie knocked on the door making both of us turn our heads. "Melody, 8 o'clock medicine time kiddo, and shower time for you."

Once Melody had left Billie took me into the living room sitting down in the couch across from me.