•Hope•

Fluff, short chapter

⚠️TW: mentions of cancer, hospitals, dying etc⚠️

Jess
As I sat on my hospital bed doing my treatments I heard the doctors outside saying I was getting a new roommate.

I got excited considering my last roommate...well she didn't make it out of here.

I reached over for my glasses as she came rolling in on a wheelchair, accompanied by I assume her mom. I have a bit of a staring problem so I tried my best to focus on doing my treatment.

Once she was settled in her bed she layed down as she let out a breath. She wore a bandanna with the name Billie etched across it. So I'm assuming her name is Billie.

I found myself admiring her features as her eyes closed. She had very pale skin with very light freckles decorating her nose and cheeks. And from what I saw before she closed them she had the most beautiful baby blue eyes I've ever seen.

She was gorgeous.

From the top of her bandanna I could see a smidge if green roots. I wonder what made her choose green.

"You know staring is rude." She spoke startling me.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare I was just-"

"Dude chill, I was just joking. What's your name shorty?"

"Jessie. But everyone calls me Jess."

"I'm Billie. So what have you got?" She asked.

"Uh, Leukemia. Blood cancer."

"Cystic fibrosis. Lung disease." She said. "I've been to 3 different hospitals and none of them have been able to treat me, so."

"I've been here for the past 4 years. Pretty sure I'm gonna die soon." I said as I went back to my treatment.

"Don't say that. You gotta have some faith." She said. I scoffed shaking my head.

"Faith has gotten me no where. I just wanna die and get the pain over with. I don't wanna be here in this stupid hospital."

"Hey at least you're alive.." she told me. I sighed. At least I was.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to dump my personal shit on you." I apologized. She dismissed it saying it was cool.

-2 weeks later-

Billis
I woke up in the middle of the night cause of yet another nightmare. Sighing I looked over to Jessie's bed to find her also awake. It seemed she was drawing something on her iPad.

"Whatchu drawing shorty?" I asked. Accidentally startling her.

"God—Umm nothing it's just a doodle." She said. Not believing her I got up and went to look at what she was drawing.

-

(Artist is artbyliza on Instagram)

"Hey that's me! Where'd you find that picture?"

"Um I may have stalked your Instagram? I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude I just wanted to draw you cause you're like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life and—"

'The most beautiful girl she's ever seen? Wow' I thought to myself.

"Hey relax mama, it's all good. That shit is amazing."

She blushed at the nickname. Mumbling a small thank you as she shut off her iPad. "Why are you awake it's like 4am?" She asked me.

"Nightmare, why are you awake shorty?"
She held up her iPad signaling that she was drawing all night. Damn. All night long? I hope she gets some sleep soon.

-6 months later-

Jess
"And then his dumbass fucking ATE THE WHOLE THING. HE DIDNT EVEN FUCKING CHEW IT HE JUST SWALLOWED IT WHOLE!"

I laughed loudly with Billie, clutching my stomach as she told her story.

It's crazy how a few months can make such a difference. Because of her I smiled more than I have since I've been here, I've laughed so hard that I've cried and cried so hard that I laughed.

For the first time in like 5 years. I was genuinely happy. Even in my condition.

Billie was able to give me something I haven't had in years. Something I thought I no longer believed in.

She was able to give me hope. She was my little slice of hope. And I loved her greatly for that.

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

A/N: this is actually a scrap of a book I wrote and never published it. 🤭
Anyway that art is in no way shape or form mine I borrowed it from an art account on Instagram I highly suggest you check them out. :)

Anyway hope you enjoyed love you guys!

Stay hydrated, stay safe and beautiful and above all stay horny
❤️❤️❤️❤️