•Proud•

Jess-19
Billie-20

Jess is in college and Billie is a dropout

unedited

Billie

I sighed heavily as I quietly shut the door to me and Jess's apartment. I got off work a little earlier today but it was still late. I usually work until midnight or even 1 in the morning on weekends. But I was able to get off around 11 tonight.

I quietly walked down the hall expecting Jess to be asleep, but instead I heard soft crying coming from our room. I creaked open the door to find my girlfriend on our bed, her computer sat in front of her with multiple school supplies spread out on the bed. Their head in their hands as she cried.

"Hey, what's the matter my love?" I asked, flicking on the main lights.

"Billie? What are you doing home?"

"I got off early." I stated, moving some of the papers out of the way. "What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?"

"School is stressing me the fuck out. I can't fucking take this anymore. I'm not even through my first semester yet. I can't do this." She cried, putting her face in her hands.

"Oh come here my love." I wrapped them up in a hug, letting them cry a little bit.

"Why don't you tell me what's stressing you out hm?"

"It's mostly the Spanish course I'm taking. The stupid professor gives us like an hour of homework each night and I still have to do things for my other classes. I'm failing like every fucking thing and my parents are on my ass about it."

"Your parents are on your ass about everything." I joked, trying to make her feel better. I managed to get a small smile out of them. "Keep going baby."

"I feel like I have no time to do anything except homework, like I can't even go to sleep when I want cause I'm up until fucking midnight doing homework and most of them time I don't even complete it! I just get as much as I can done and then go to sleep cause I'm mentally exhausted. I need to pass these classes in order to get my degrees so that I can do what I wanna do in life. I feel like I'm not trying hard enough but then again I'm trying my best. But I feel like my best isn't fucking good enough for anyone."

I lifted her head making her look me in the eyes.
"Hey. It's good enough for me. I know I probably don't matter too much but your best is good enough for me. You are trying your best and I am very proud of you. Okay? And I love you."

I kissed their forehead thankfully bringing out that beautiful smile of hers.
"Thank you. I still have to do my homework though."

"No. Take a break. You need it."

"I can't Bil. I need to pass these classes I'm already failing."

"Listen your mental health is more important than some grades. Do you understand? Tell your teachers that you're having a tough time and ask if there's something you can do to make up for the failing grades. You told me yourself that they're nice and would understand."

"I don't want them to be disappointed in me. Or my parents they expect so much of me."

"They won't be disappointed. I know your parents Jess and while yes they expect a lot from you they also love you and want you to be okay. They'll understand too."