•Reuinted Pt 2•

Billie

I nervously held my finger over the dial button. I don't know what was holding me back. She told me to give her a call, so why couldn't I do it?

I guess seeing your baby mama after a year kinda takes a toll on you.

I finally pressed the dial button and put the phone up to my ear as I waited for them to answer.

"Hey, Bil. Wow you actually called."

"Yeah, I did. Uhh I was just wondering if now was a good time to come over?" I tried to hide the shakiness in my voice but I wasn't sure it worked.

"Yeah nows a great time. Mia just woke up from her nap. Maybe you can learn how to feed her."

"That sounds great. I guess I'll see you in a few then."

"Perfect. We'll be here."

I smiled to myself as I hung up the phone and flopped down on my bed.

"Did you do it?" Zoe popped her head into my room to ask.

"Yes."

"Finally, took you long enough. Now go get dressed you look like a slob."

I heaved a groan and got up to go get dressed. I wondered why Jess was so casual about the whole situation, I know she has to be a little mad at me for leaving. But if they are they definitely don't show it.

I knew eventually we had to talk about what happened, we both kinda needed the closure. Especially Jess.

Jess

I set Mia in her high chair as I started to make a small lunch for me and Billie. Nothing too fancy it wasn't like it was a date. She was just coming over to talk and get to know Mia.

The only question I had is what kind of talk we were gonna have. Was it just going to be casual conversation? Either way I didn't care, as long as it wasn't awkward.

~

About 20 minutes later I heard a knock on the door so I grabbed Mia to go answer. I couldn't leave her alone for 5 minutes or she would throw a tantrum.

"Hey, come in. I'm just finishing up lunch."

"Wow. You've done a lot of redecorating." She stated. Looking at all the pictures I had hanging up.

Some were of me and my friends, my family. But most of them were of me and Mia. I noticed she stopped at a certain picture on the book case.

The one Finneas took of me and Claudia right after I had Mia.

I noticed she looked sad as she picked it up, running her fingertips over it.

"I remember that day. Finneas told me about it. Told me I should go." She said.

"Why didn't you?"

She paused for a moment, putting the picture down and turning around. She looked at me and then at Mia and gave a light smile.