•Period•

Fluff

Jess

I groaned in discomfort as I was awoken to a stabbing pain in my stomach, immediately knowing what it was.

I guess my period is here.

Billie was sleeping soundly next to me so I carefully moved to go clean up when I noticed a red stain on the bedsheets.

"Fuck." I say to myself. I groan again a little louder which seems to make Billie stir a bit, but thankfully I didn't wake her up just yet.

I went to go put on a pad only to see that we were out of them. And tampons, which is usually my backup.

"Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me." I say in a hushed voice.

Of course, Billie felt that I wasn't in bed so she woke up not too long after that.

"Baby? What are you doing?" She groans sleepily and I use the toilet paper method before I walk back out into our room.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asks, checking her watch.

It was her day off and to be fair it was almost 6am. I felt awful for waking her up.

"Um. Well, it's that time of the month and...I might of bled on the sheets. And I feel awful cause I know they're new and we just got them and they're like expensive and stuff."

"Hey baby relax. It's just blood, I can wash them. No worries." She says to reassure me, maneuvering over the spot and over to me.

"Okay, well we're also out of products and this toilet paper is seriously uncomfortable so I gotta go get some more."

I slip on some black sweats so in case I bled through the mountain of toilet paper it wouldn't be noticeable. I didn't expect Billie to go and get it, I mean it's her day off and its not she's the one who bled on the sheets.

But I guess she didn't expect me to do it either.

"Uhh mama what are you doing?" She asks.

"Putting on clothes so I can go get the products." I say as if it wasn't obvious. "Do you expect me to just use toilet paper for the rest of the week?"

She chuckles. "Well no, but I don't expect you to go and get them either. I'll do it. You stay here, take a nice warm shower, relax and I'll be back with them." She comes over and kisses my forehead as she herself throws on some sweats and a hoodie.

"But it's your day off."

"Baby taking care of you is also my job. And to be honest I like it a little bit more so I will gladly go and get what you need."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Listen I dunno what your shitty ass exs have told you, but when you're on your period or when you're sick, or in any kind of pain you do not need to do anything unless you have to. You are going to be treated like a princess. Actually no a queen because I already treat you like a princess."

She had a point, all my exs told me regardless of what I had going on, if I needed something I had to go and get it myself cause "i had two legs and to working feet."

"So here's what's gonna happen. What you're gonna do is you're gonna put on some nice music for yourself, take a nice warm shower and I'm gonna go to the store and get everything you need. Then when I come back I'm gonna make us a nice breakfast, wash the sheets and stuff and then we can watch a movie and cuddle. Understand?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

She plants a sweet kiss to my lips. "No need to thank me. I'll be back in about an hour okay?"

I nod and she grabs her stuff and I do exactly what she told me. I put on some music and ran a hot shower.

I instantly felt at ease letting the hot water run over my body and through my hair. Showering has always felt weirdly therapeutic. If I'm stressed out I take a nice shower, if i'm upset i'll take a shower. It just helps me forget about everything for a bit.

Well that was until I got another wave of cramps.

I wrapped my arms around my lower stomach and slid down onto the shower floor, not even caring anymore.

I sat there until Billie came back and into the bathroom.

"Are you still taking a shower?" She asks, and I hear her putting all the products away.

"Not exactly. I'm just kind of sitting on the floor."

"Do you need help love?"

"I need pain meds." I whine

"I know, I got them but you can't take them on an empty stomach. You gotta eat first."

I groan loudly and I hear her softly chuckle as she pulls back the curtain halfway to see me on the ground clutching my stomach.

"Okay, come here love. Lemme help you." She pats the spot near the edge and rolls up her sleeves. "Told you this detachable shower head would come in handy. In various ways."

"Shut up." I shove her shoulder and she giggles.

"Alright. Can you sit up a bit for me mama?"

She helps me wash my body and rinse away all the blood before helping me out and getting me all dried off and situated.

"There. All better?"

"No I need my tylenol." I say, my head against her chest.

"You can have some as soon as we get some food in you. Come on, I'll put the heating pad on to help a bit while I make breakfast okay?"

"Carry me?"

"As you wish my queen." She said in a stupid little voice, picking me up like a little bride as she carried me out and onto the couch. Putting on the heating pad for me.

"I'm gonna make your favorite, okay? So you try and relax for me alright?"

"Hurry."

"I'll try." She gives my head a kiss and I turn on one of our favorite shows as she goes into the kitchen to cook.

She brings me back waffles and bacon, vegan of course, and a glass of cold water, setting the plate in my lap and the cup on the coffee table.

"Alright here you are my love, do you need or want anything else?"

"Just you, come here I want cuddles."

"Well you know I'm always happy to give you those."

She sits next to me and grabs a blanket, throwing it over the both of us as I lean into her, happily eating my breakfast and watching our show.

"I love you."

"I love you too princess."

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

A/N: I don't have anything good to put out at the moment so this is what i got

i'm tryinggggg