•Old Habits•

Billie-Sub
Jess- Dom
gxg

(unedited and probably trash)

Jess
"I can't believe I'm doing this." I mumbled to myself as I got out of my best friends car. I was attending my highschools 5 year reunion at someone's house, and I was not at all excited.

See there was someone I knew would be attending this reunion who I was not ready to see.

My ex. Billie O'Connell.

We broke up just after graduation when I got my acceptance letter in New York, halfway across the country. Let's just say Billie was not very happy I would be leaving and some words were exchanged.

We haven't really spoken since.

I scanned the front lawn and I spotted Billie's signature challenger that she got when we were juniors and I felt some anxiety rise up within my chest at the thought of seeing her again after all these years.

As soon as I walked in, it was like prom all over again. People were dressed up, chatting, drinking.

I mouthed a silent wow as I looked around the enormous living room, which I saw connected to the dining room where there was a bar.

I told my bestie I was going to get a drink and headed over to get a martini. I needed to be at least a little drunk to get through the day.

I ordered my drink and blew out a breath, a little overwhelmed being here. Once I got my drink I sat at the bar for god knows how long before someone came and sat a seat away from me.

And because I never forget a face or rather a body I immediately knew who it was. Not wanting to deal with it I turned away but of course with my luck she caught me.

"Jessie?"

I sighed and turned around with a small smile.
"Billie. Hi."

"What, you're not happy to see me? I mean it's been 5 years."

"Well you're the one who called it quits, Billie."

"So is that a yes?"

"I...Well did you?"

She didn't say anything and changed the subject. Which already gave me my answer. Billie would never admit it to me or herself but she definitely missed me, and I wasn't gonna lie I missed her.

"I like the new ink. What's the rose for?"

"Uhh well, I basically spent the last 5 years with one so I thought why not get it tattooed."

As I expected her face grew red as she bit back a smile.

"Your hair is blonde now? And with bangs? And you're wearing a..revealing dress. Out. That's all new."

"Umm the bangs were an impulsive decision. As far as the dress...well let's just say I wanted to step out of my comfort zone."

"Is it cause you thought I was gonna be here?"

She rolled her eyes and avoided eye contact which is how I always knew she was lying.

"Yeah right. Don't flatter yourself Jessie."

"Oh come on, admit you missed me."

"I never admit anything. And even if I did, it's wouldn't be true." She said cockily

"Sure. Let me buy you a drink."

"No."

"Come on, just a couple. I promise I won't get you drunk."