Christmas with the Characters pt 4

Cedric diggory
This one's a bit sad so slight tw!!

A letter to Cedric:

Hey Ced, it's been almost a month now. It's Christmas eve. Which also means if will be my first Christmas without you by my side. I don't understand why you did what you did, but I also understand why and how it wasn't your fault. I just don't know why you tried do hard to keep me safe, if you knew that we would be split apart. I thought you loved me.
And yes, I know you told me that you still loved me, and it was only for my protection, but I can't help but always have that lingering fear that it was for something else.
Anyways, I didn't write to you to tell you how much you hurt me. I wrote to you to wish you a merry Christmas and to let you know that I'm wishing you the best.

- Sincerely, y/n

You sigh and fold the envelope over the parchment paper, stamping it with the red paint.

You walk towards the boy's dormitory, hoping not to run into anybody.

"Y/n?" You hear the familiar voice call out to you. You freeze and grip your robe tightly.
"Shit" you mumble to yourself. You turn around slowly, making eye contact with the familiar brown headed boy.
"H-hey Cedric, w-what are you doing here, it's dinner" you croak out. He furrows his eyebrows and looks down at you.
"I could ask you the same thing" he retorts.
You scoff and turn around to walk away, but he grabs your wrist.
"What's that? In your hand" he asks, pointing to the envelope.
You bite the inside of your cheek, heat and a shade of red plaster across your cheeks.
"I-Uh...it's a- present! Yes, a present" you assure him. He raises his eyebrows and smirks.
"And who is this present for?" He asks.
"H-Harry" you lie. His expression drops to a frown before he drops his hand from your wrist.
"Oh" he says blankly. You could hear the heartbreak in his voice.

"Well what is it?" He asks, looking back up at you.
"It's a letter" you respond quickly. He nods, swiping his tongue across his top teeth.
"Uh huh, and- why does it have my dorm room number on it?" He asks cautiously.
"And why are you in Hufflepuff house, if you're looking for Harry? Gryffindors are on the other side of the school" He says.

You feel your stomach going somersaults as you try to think of excuses for all of the coincidences happening right at this moment.

"Well uh- you see I-" you begin, but he cuts you off by snatching the card out of your hands.
"My name is on it" he says, showing you the envelope as if you hadn't written it.

He begins to open it, but he quickly stops.

"Before I open this, I need you to tell me that you want me to" he says, looking up at you.

Your hands shake in embarrassment as he steps closer to you.
"Can I read it?" He asks.
You hesitantly look up at him before nodding slightly.

Your breathing quickens as he opens the small envelope, pulling out the piece of parchment paper.
There was a long moment of silence as he read the letter.
His eyes softened as he got lower and lower.

Finally, he looked up at you and sighed.

"Do you have a quil?" He asks you. You furrow your eyebrows and nod, reaching into your coat pocket and pulling out a small quil.

"Thanks" he mumbles as he turns around and begins writing on the paper.
There was a long pause as you waited for him to finish writing.
Finally, he turns around and hands you the paper and quil back.

"Read it" he demands, handing you the paper.
"Umm okay?" You say in a questioning manner.

You unfold the paper and begin to read it in your head.
"Out loud" he mumbles. You look up at him and sigh before nodding and taking a deep breath.

"Dear y/n. I know you didn't mean any harm what so ever when you wrote this letter. I wanted to let you know that I truly didn't mean to hurt you, and that I truly care about you. When I was told that I had to end things between us, it broke my heart into millions of pieces.
I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you in anyway what so ever, and that I am really sorry, and if you're willing to, I would love to be able to call you mine once more.

- Cedric

You smile at the letter and look up at him.
"I would love to be called yours again Cedric Diggory"