Broken Pieces - Finding Way T...

By Hritu04

Well think of a husband and wife who have everything. Family, daughter, job, money and house. But Naina and A... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
You gotta read this!
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Author's Note
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
Author's Note
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
Author's Note

42

731 52 5
By Hritu04

"So This is Arthi who dressed up as a man, huh?"

Hearing his voice from so close, Naina couldn't move as she felt her body going weak by every second. She turned still clutching onto Karan's shirt while he hadn't relieved her either.

There he stood in front of her, her husband who looked shattered and betrayed. His eyes, red. Fuming with anger. It looked like, the last hope he held onto was now gone. She didn't wanted him to see her like this and it wasn't what he exactly was thinking.

She tried to speak, but she couldn't really bring herself to talk anything as he stood there looking at her hands on the man who wasn't him and his hands on her.

"I - I - it's n-not... I - this" not being able to see her in someone else's arms, he stormed out from there.

Few moments ago,

When Naina reached the club Mysticity, the time was around eight thirty. The minute she reached there, she tried to call Arthi. But the call was unreachable. So she decided to go inside the building. There she searched for Arthi from the first floor till she reached the third and there she spotted Arthi who had glass of drink which had no knowledge about.

Breathing out the air she was holding in unknowingly, she walked towards Arthi making her way amongst the crowd. The people were drunk and lost in their own world. They were all sweaty and dancing to the beats of the songs being played.

She felt like any moment, she would puke right then and there. Controlling herself, she made her way towards Arthi and decided to take her back to home along with her without wasting any second.

When she neared there, she looked at the person whom she has been calling madly from the past one hour and he here with Arthi?

"What the hell are you doing here?" Naina asked, a bit anger visible on her face.

"Naina!" Hearing her, Arthi squealed surprisingly.

"Arthi? You?" Naina looked at her how she was drunk and wasted.

"What do you mean by what I am doing here? You tell me why are you here?" Karan countered her with his questions.

"Oh, excuse me! I have been calling you since so long and texted you so many times, do you have any courtesy of replying to them?"

"What? Call? Texts?"

Confused, he grabbed his mobile phone from pocket and saw that there were so many missed calls and test messages and each and every one of them belonged to Naina.

"I - I am sorry, okay? It was on silent mode and I hadn't checked it as I was keeping an eye on her" he said pointing where Arthi was seated.

As he double checked, he saw that there was no one there. Arthi was not there anymore.

"Where did Arthi go?" Naina asked looking shocked at Arthi's disappearance.

"Oh god! It's all because of you she disappeared. If you hadn't distracted me..."

"What? You are jerk! It's because of you and not because of me.

I have been calling you to only ask you to come here in place of mine and check up on her and you decided to keep your phone silent and I had to come here without my will and disappointing Aditya over there. He's even more angry at me and you say it's my fault?

No, you idiot! If you had check your phone at least once and had replied to my messages, I would have been at home right now and clearing my husband's all the doubts.

But, no. Here I am leaving him again all broken and angry and spot you here with Arthi and now? She's gone!

Great!"

"I am sorry" he mumbled and continued speaking.

"Let's just search for her, she's drunk"

"I clearly saw that" she snapped at him.

More than half an hour had passed and Arthi was no where to be found. They searched her in all the three floors and then went back to the third floor hoping for her to be there.

On reaching the drinks counter, feeling very thirsty, Naina grabbed the glass which had watery liquid in it and drank it all in one go.

She cringed at the burning taste of the whatever liquid she had consumed thinking it as a water to only know that it wasn't.

Naina saw how Karan trying to call Arthi again and again but there was no response from her side even though her phone was ringing.

"Where is sheee?" Naina slurred as neared him to only stumble on him as felt everything moving so fastly around her and she felt her knees going weak. She held onto his shoulders while Karan helped her to stand still.

And all of a sudden, she felt that tingling sensation near her nape even when she couldn't focus on anything.

"What the hell did you drink?" Karan asked to which she pointed the glass on the counter.

"Great! Just great! Now I have to handle two drunk girls and God knows where the hell is she!"

While Karan worried thinking about Arthi's whereabout and here helping Naina to stand still, he heard her ask in whisper which came out as a little squeak.

"Is he here?

He can't be here, right?"

"I am worried here and what are you speaking?" He asked looking at now flushed face of Naina from whose eyes, tears were rolling down.

"No, he can't be" she whispered again and again but he couldn't understand and then when he heard a male voice which caught his attention, he saw the same person in front of him whom he had seen with Arthi days back and had gotten to know that he was Naina's husband.

Sighing in relief, as he thought that now he would have to take care of only one person and that was Arthi as for Naina, her husband was here. But from the look on Aditya's face, showed something else.

"So This is Arthi who dressed up as a man, huh?"

Hearing his voice from so close, Naina couldn't move as she felt her body going weak by every second. She turned still clutching onto Karan's shirt while he hadn't relieved her either.

There he stood in front of her, her husband who looked shattered and betrayed. His eyes, red. Fuming with anger. It looked like, the last hope he held onto was now gone. She didn't wanted him to see her like this and it wasn't what he exactly was thinking.

She tried to speak, but she couldn't really bring herself to talk anything as he stood there looking at her hands on the man who wasn't him and his hands on her.

"I - I - it's n-not... I - this" not being able to see her in someone else's arms, he stormed out from there.

Present,

"Stop him, Naina!"

"No, Karan.

He left.

Just left"

"But-"

"Let's gooo..... We *hiccup* have to find herrr" Naina slurred trying to pull away from him to only fall again and held by him.

She couldn't even walk properly. Looking at her, he did what he felt was right at that time. He picked her in his arms without her will and instead of searching Arthi, he followed the way which led to out of the building and spotted Aditya taking out all his anger on his car by kicking it with his leg.

Nearing him, he spoke with full of seriousness.

"Listen bro, I don't know what's going on between you and her. But I really need to go and find my wife." Karan said dropping Naina on the ground making her stumble on Aditya.

"Aahh!"

"What? Wife?" He Aditya asked looking at Naina and then back at Karan.

"Yes, Arthi got drunk and god knows where she's gone and we couldn't find her and then she got drunk unknowingly! I can't handle two ladies who are drunk. So please deal with your wife!" Saying, he went back inside the building in search of Arthi, leaving Aditya with Naina who stood leaning onto him.

________

Thank you :)

Dated - 8 July, 2020

Edited - 18 June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.8K 19
*Short Story* Hollowness is something worth being feared...more than enemies. Hollowness could kill more easily than your foe. That's what it was doi...
229K 11.1K 77
" I was just thinking...if it's a thing that girls in your family are married off at twenty one...um... aren't you twenty one again?" she hesitantly...
81.8K 4.1K 19
They hear small small foot steps coming from hall. They immediately knew whose footsteps those are. She slowly drags her feet into dinning room whil...
533K 20K 37
One fateful evening, changes everything in Radhika Shenoy's Life. Dreams were shattered and new ones were formed. Raghuvaran IPS, a young cop who cru...