Just One Punch || BNHA

By isabelmicaela20

F! Reader Insert ; No quirk, but she still wanted to be a hero. 100 daily push-ups, sit-ups, and squats, plus... More

1 || Saitama Prefecture
2 || General Department
3 || Let's Not Spar
4 || Warping Incident
5 || Hidden Punch
6 || Steaming Arm
7 || An Icy Warm Talk
8 || Guts Splattered
9 || Quirkless She Said
10 || Behind Her Power
11 || Upcoming Days
12 || Looking From Afar
13 || Regular Uniform Girl
14 || Nibble-less
15 || Team Improvise
16 || To Be A Hero
17 || Chaotic Interlude
18 || No Limits
19 || The Battles Continue
20 || Determination-Driven Defense
21 || Master and Apprentice
22 || For the Food
23 || Hot Pot
24 || Pizza Stain
25 || Her Greatest Enemy
26 || End of First Term
27 || Delivery for the Pussycats
28 || Pizza-La
29 || All For One
30 || 4 to 9 Shift
31 || U.A. Dormitories
32 || Lavenders and Honey
33 || Hello Tutorial
34 || Night Market
35 || All Might
36 || Class 1-A
37 || She's a Miracle
38 || Training Session
(Special Chapter!) 38.5 || Office Building
39 || Big Three
40 || Ladies' Night
41 || Provisional License Exam
42 || Miruko
43 || Work Studies
44 || Another Delivery
45 || Somewhat Similar
46 || Raid
47 || Overhaul
48 || Festival
49 || Endeavor
50 || Early to the Fight
You Ask, and I Shall Answer
51 || Dream Come True
52 || Take a Bullet for You/Dream Come True pt. 2
54 || Dance With Me
Separate Endings Ment
Midoriya Izuku; Trashed Beach
Todoroki Shouto; Ramen Shop
Bakugou Katsuki; Akiyama and Two Gremlins
Kirishima Eijirou; Manly Confession
Kaminari Denki; Vending Machine

53 || I Wanna Be a Hero Too

30.5K 1.2K 970
By isabelmicaela20

Watching a documentary about Japanese warlords feels weird when you play Ikemen Sengoku 💀

FRIDAY, 4:27 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  She was punched in the face.

  Yup.

  Y/N was punched in the face. Because she was punched in the face, a nasty bruise formed on her cheek right above where her cheek bone is; if she were being honest, it was one of the worst blood clots that have ever formed in her body. It covered such a small portion of her face, yet it hurt so bad. Who did this piece of scrap metal think he is?

With each attempted strike, Y/N did her best to keep up and block every one of them. It required the most attention and concentration she's ever needed during battle. As plain as this guy looked, he was definitely a lot stronger than what he seemed.

She winced when the force of her opponent's arm shoved into her brutally wounded one. Getting stabbed and shot felt like nothing during the moment it happened, but the delayed pain started to kick in.

Something felt off. It was like every blow just added more pressure onto her. With every hit, he was getting stronger. Every touch also felt hotter than the last. Y/N stepped back.

"You..." she started. "What's your quirk?"

"Me? You're interested in me? Ohohohohoho!" Dang, what a weird guy. He wants to kill her, yet he's acting like the biggest fanboy of hers. "Well I'm glad you asked," His giant pointer finger tapped the metal plate of his arm. "This is made out of aluminum."

"Eh? It's not iron?"

"No, it's not iron! I just said it was aluminum!" What can she say? She wasn't the smartest when it came to identifying metals; she didn't really pay attention when she was being taught the periodic table of elements.

"Anyways," he continued. "Aluminum is one of the highest conductors of heat and-"

"I thought aluminum was used for foil to wrap your leftovers so that they'll be kept warm?"

"Oh, be quiet while I'm talking! I'm already explaining it to you, but you keep interrupting me!" He stomped his feet like a little kid having a tantrum.

"Oh, sorry. Continue."

He let out a sigh before his stoic voice returned. "Aluminum is one of the highest conductors of heat, and the more heat I produce, the stronger I get," The iro- the aluminum knight stood tall and rolled his shoulders back to make himself seem bigger. "So all of the heat my aluminum absorbed is equivalent to all of the strength and energy I reserved for fighting– you, specifically. Of course, I was able to train myself to achieve higher temperatures without falling into a fever, thus allowing me to gain more strength. It's a plus that this outfit is blazing hot inside," He fanned himself. "It just means more heat for me.

  "That leads us to right now, Wakayama. All of that running and leading you around allowed my body temperature to reach 270 degrees; plenty of that body heat is being processed and stored in my aluminum."

Did she understand the stuff he just said? Not really. She has a lot of brawn but not much brain. She did, however, understand that he was getting stronger by the minute, and it took time for the heat to process and be absorbed by his aluminum. She also knew that this was going to be a tough battle; tough or not, it didn't matter— she was going to give it her all now that she's finally met her match.

  "And lucky for me, I have you all to myself. All of this heat goes out to you, teehee!"

  "Teehee?"

"It's my laugh of death!" Flames subtly emerged from the gaps of his suit, the fire dancing on top of the aluminum plates.

"It doesn't sound very threatening-" A hot wave of fire rushed her way. Y/N skillfully dodged it with ease; it wasn't the biggest wave of flames she's ever encountered– Todoroki's literal hot mess of an attack from the sports festival still sat in her mind.

Just as she was about to hold her stance to prepare an attack, two more lines of fire came from each side of the metal man as if they were ropes. Suddenly the lines of fire were growing from thin to wide, looking like giant, flaming hands that were going to scoop her up and burn her to ashes.

'He's fast.'

The hand-like flames enclosed on where her figure was standing, but she was able to slip right under the warm embrace. She moved at the speed of light, and within a fraction of a second, she was behind Aluminum Knight. She raised her left fist–ready to attack–

Caught.

"?!"

His hand that was still laced with bursts of tiny flames felt like nothing more than a hand warmer she'd have in her pocket during winter time, but it got hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Hotter.

Y/N grunted as she tried to release her fist from his hold, but he wouldn't budge. The heat from his flames were melting off the skin cells of her hand– she figured the heat was being processed and immediately being released from the aluminum.

Aluminum Knight (as addressed by Y/N) laughed at her struggle. Was she really the one who destroyed All For One? That mess of a man who mutated himself into having multiple quirks? That insecure little brat who couldn't handle the fact that his older brother was stronger than him? If All For One could see what was happening right now, he truly would despise Aluminum Knight.

  After all, here he was– hand wrapped around the fist that ruined his little brother's life.

FRIDAY, 5:35 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  "Where'd that shooting bastard go?!" Bakugou growled at no one in particular. He was too caught up with watching Y/N run off to fight the large figure that came crashing down from the moon to realize that Shigaraki was no longer in his line of sight. "GRRAAAHHH!! WE LOST HIM!!!"

  Midoriya turned his head around to look at Bakugou's agitated expression with a look of surprise on his own face at the sudden scream. He wanted to tell him that they'd find him soon, but even he wasn't sure how to track him down. They'd already been at it for almost an hour, and there were no leads of Shigaraki's whereabouts.

  He figured it would somewhat speed up the search if he split off from Bakugou into a different area. He made him aware that he was going to search elsewhere.

  "Like I care!"

  Not giving much care to the statement that his friend gave of not caring, Midoriya jogged down from the scene and into a dirt lot behind a fallen building. Not much sign of life was around this part of the city, but the smell of smoke definitely was. Not the smell of cigarette smoke, but the smell kin to something burning.

Curious to what was going on behind the building, Midoriya slipped his way through the small spaces between broken beams and pillars to get to the scene. His eyes widened. A gasp escaped his lips. His hands were shaking. His knees were locked. He wanted to run over to the all-so-familiar girl kneeling on the ground and painting the dirt with blood dripping from her head.

But he was caught.

A sudden emergence of fire that took on the form of multiple human figures ran towards him.

"MIDORIYA!" The girl called out his name with a slightly raspy tone, probably caused by inhaling all of the smoke that was emitted along with the substance that burned her hand.

She dashed towards him and grabbed him by the collar, yanking him out of the way. It was another close call.

"Y/N, what happened?!" Midoriya freaked out upon seeing the giant gash on her head, beads of blood mixed with sweat rolling down.

"No time to expla-"

Thrash!

"Ngh!" Y/N grunted. She quietly apologized to Midoriya for staining his costume with red as she pulled, now carrying, him out of the way once again— not that his costume wasn't already dirtied from the previous fights with the villains he encountered.

  She hadn't been fighting for very long, but her lungs were–not literally–on fire; she hasn't even made a scratch on him. So far, he was on the offense, and she was on the defense. Her heart was pounding out of her chest, panic mixed with rarely-felt fear made her brain go haywire. How was she going to give it her all when this guy won't even give her an opening to attack him?

  Think, Y/N. Think.

  The fiery beings from earlier were hot on her tail now. She was panicking. She always dreamed about how she wanted to meet her match someday. She always complained how fights were getting bland. She always thought about how thrilling it would be to fight a worthy opponent. However, a certain thought crossed her mind.

  She wasn't prepared to fight someone as strong as her.

  Thus, leading her to this moment— she didn't know what to do. The mindset of a teenage girl that believed she didn't need to do anything more caught up to her, making her regret ever calling her previous fights bland even if they were; they were all still opportunities for her to better herself.

  Thankfully for her, the green-haired boy present at the scene was already cooking up a plan in his head while observing the two's current opponents. If only he had enough time to explain it to her; right now, she could barely catch a breath as she still tried her best to avoid getting burnt any further. By the way, is he still being carried? Midoriya guiltily sighed as he only now realized he's been slung over Y/N's shoulder; no wonder his feet weren't hurting.

The flames danced all around her. The two fiery skipping ropes were back, and she decided she would jump over one of them before it could sweep her off her feet. And so she jumped. And there she landed in the center of the dirt lot. Playing right into Aluminum Knight's hands. Seeing threads of fire bond together like a net and once again encasing the girl, but this time, she had Midoriya with her.

The flaming beings circled the net for double security.

  Y/N gasped, but she furrowed her eyebrows shortly after and positioned herself in a stance that said 'bring it on'. Midoriya, who was now on his own feet, readied himself in a stance as well, not caring if he gets burned in the process of trying to break through the net of literal flames.

  Closing in.

  Temperature rising.

  Falling apart.

  Temperature cooling?

  "Y/N! Midoriya!"

  "!!" She knew that voice!

  "Todoroki!" It was only then that Y/N realized the steep, frosty structure of ice that broke through the flames and washed away the little flaming gremlins.

  "Huh?" Aluminum Knight let out a displeased groan. "Who's this douche? This was supposed to be a one-on-one match between us, Wakayama!"

  Todoroki couldn't care less that he was called a douche; all he could pay mind to was his classmate who's blood was dripping down her head and her ruined, bloodied sweater. If the knight's armor were made of iron, he definitely would've brought a bucket of salt water to corrode his whole suit. "Shut it, asshole."

  "Todoroki, is Shinsou still stationed near the end of town?" Todoroki nodded in response to Midoriya's question. "I have a plan, but I don't have time to explain. For now, I just need you to accompany Y/N in fighting. I'll be back in a minute," Midoriya's determined gaze hardened. "I promise."

  Todoroki looked at Y/N who was already back into fighting Aluminum Knight, then at Midoriya and returned the same determined gaze.

  "Go Midoriya." Deku nodded before running off to the end of town.

  Y/N exchanged a look with Todoroki, a sudden idea popping up.

  "Todoroki! This is part of your training! Take out as many of the little fellas this guy is making!"

  Training! Todoroki gave her a hard nod. Because he was dealing with fire, he was able to use more of his ice without having to regulate his temperature.

  "I'm counting on you!"

FRIDAY, 6:17 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  A familiar white scarf similar to that of his homeroom teacher's whipped through the air past Midoriya. It grabbed a villain with a mutation quirk, wrapping around their neck, suffocating them with each tug as they were dragged to the owner of the scarf.

  The mask hiding half of his face made it hard to tell who he was, but that purple hair of his made him recognizable.

  Midoriya quickly jumped in, knocking out the other four villains Shinsou had wrapped with his scarf. He really did get stronger in such a short amount of time.

  "Midoriya?"

  "Shinsou!"

  "What are you doing back here?" Shinsou unwrapped his scarf from the now unconscious villains.

  "I need your help."

  Shinsou followed along with Midoriya's explanation, taking in every instruction and detail carefully. As he watched Midoriya run ahead after finishing his game plan, Shinsou smiled to himself. To be trusted with something like this really made him think that he's come a long way.

FRIDAY, 6:27 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  "Gauh-!" Blood splattered from her mouth. Her eyes shook while looking at the laughing figure in front of her. How could he make a hit so hard yet not destroy anything around him? Some control, he has.

  Todoroki's right arm started to shake. He's been blowing frost at the 'little fellas' for awhile now, all with the same amount of ice. What he didn't know was that these guys were at a lower temperature than the ones from before, which is why Aluminum Knight was able to produce so many at once. He laughed seeing Todoroki struggle, enjoying his ignorance of the weak flames that were easy to blow out. Just one tiny blow from the mouth would take them out, however Todoroki didn't know this.

  "Ngh!" Todoroki struggled to keep up with how many there were— he was already being cornered into one of the fallen beams of the destroyed building behind him. His arm shivered; the flames from the beings weren't enough to regulate his temperature— which made sense since they were pretty weak flames, according to Aluminum Knight. They were nothing more than birthday candles, honestly.

Y/N watched in terror as Todoroki was doing his best to keep up, but the beings were closing in on him, only giving her way to see his foot. She wanted to rush there and help him; she would never forgive herself if he were to get hurt.

Digging her fingers into the ground and pulling herself towards him as fast as she could, Y/N paid no mind to the tiny rocks scraping her skin as well as the tingly feeling in her burnt knuckles. Aluminum Knight watched in amusement at the girl's weak state. He laughed to himself, concluding all that talk about her was for nothing.

"Well," He took two big and heavy steps towards the desperate crawler and raised his foot above her; a third of his foot was probably the size of her lower back. "Guess I should just finish you off n-"

"Stop."

"Huh?" Aluminum Knight froze in his spot against his own will. He tried to move, but he couldn't. It's like he was put under some kind of power.

With the small amount of control he had over his own body, he looked at where the command came from. A boy with a long, white scarf. A head of purple hair. A grungy black mask that looked heavy to wear. A whole crowd of villains behind him with blank looks on their faces. A familiar green-haired kid standing next to the masked one.

"Shinsou?" Y/N raspy-ly called out. Even the fire-y beings surrounding Todoroki stopped and turned to look. Using this to his advantage, Todoroki burst out a small breeze of frost, which blew them all away, then jogging to Y/N and pulling her up.

"Go." The group of villains thats lost their own sense of consciousness due to Shinsou's quirk ran forward, ready to fight. Once Aluminum Knight broke out of Shinsou's quirk, the flames were starting to puff out of his suit like steam out of a car engine. The steel wire alloy component of Shinsou's scarf made it a compatible opponent to Aluminum Knight's high-heat flames.

The green sparks around Midoriya began showing up. He charged towards the flame-thrower, ready to embrace the flames that might even kill him. The high temperature from Aluminum Knight made its way to Todoroki, regulating his temperature once more.

Midoriya was close to Aluminum Knight; his leg out and ready to kick him in the face. The Aluminum Knight's rope of flames were busy fighting both the steel scarf and the crowd of villains, but he was able to quickly switch more heat over to one rope, the other rope ready to lash the 1-A student.

"Watch out!" Todoroki called out to Deku, an icy form rushing from his hand and knocking into Aluminum Knight to prevent the flames from reaching Midoriya.

Whack!

Midoriya's foot came in contact with Aluminum Knight's face; icicles piercing through aluminum plates; body being attacked and surrounded by multiple villains of different quirks; a scarf wrapping around his neck; a bloodied fist digging into his back, surely hitting his spine.

Body after body toppling on top of him, Aluminum Knight was at the bottom of the dog pile. And just like that, he was seen no more.

As that's what the first-years wanted to think.

A burst of fire rippled through the Knight's arm, blasting out through the pile of villains, killing them all in one blow. The burst was this close to blasting through Midoriya as well. Shinsou quickly retrieved his scarf, anticipating another move from the villain.

Just before he could fully stand up, Y/N grabbed onto his ankle with her right hand. This prevented him from moving and lead to him trying to shake her off.

"You won't leave... until I kill you..." Y/N growled, an intimidating tone overtaking her voice box.

"I'd like to see you try, Wakayama." He kicked her face with his free leg.

  "Y/N-" Todoroki was pushed back by a fan of fire, Midoriya as well. Shinsou watched with terror, his eyes– however– not revealing what he was feeling. His scarf reached out once more only for the ends to be melted away by the hottest rope of fire yet. The line of flames wrapped around his scarf, grasping it and forcing Shinsou to slam into the side of a broken beam.

Crumble. Crumble. Crumble.

Big pieces of dry-wall and wooden planks were coming down, ready to squash Shinsou like a tiny bug. His buffed arm was held out above his head, a wooden plank already coming in contact with his forearm. As if the gods shone down upon him to delay his death, Y/N rushed over to him despite how bad her body felt. She held the chunks of dry-wall and broken planks up and shielded Shinsou from any potential harm. The pressure of the dry-wall weighed down on her, stressing the muscle in her arm, eventually feeling her muscle tissue rip. She was sure the bone in her arm was broken too. She pushed the debris off of her and onto the side where the remains of the building laid.

Her knees unconsciously buckled, making her plop to the ground. Shinsou laid next to her. Heavy breaths escaped his mouth, unable to get up in that moment.

She wanted to ask if he was okay, but she didn't have the strength to talk. Her lungs were about to burst.

Aluminum Knight took big steps towards her. An amused laugh escaped his mouth.

  "Don't..." Y/N used the knight's leg as support to make herself stand up.

  "Hmm? What was that~?"

  "Don't lay a finger on any of them." Her eyes hardened. She was now standing in front of him, intimidation and sudden confidence flowing out of her and pouring out into her aura. She put her hands out in attempt to place them on his shoulders, but his hands caught hers and held them in place. However, this did not make the girl waver.

  "Tough talk for a-"

  Bonk!

  Forehead coming in contact with the metal helmet, metal caving into the skin of his forehead, the bloody gash on her forehead aching, a new red mark forming on her head, blood beginning to drip out from Aluminum Knight's forehead.

  The surprise and shock was being processed within a millisecond, but that one millisecond was all Y/N needed to get in a clean hit. Finding a bit of her lost strength, she threw a row of consecutive punches. She figured they took more time to be processed by the body, so she would be able to buy herself more time to sneak around and give him a hard blow from the back.

  As she calculated, she stood correct and threw a hard punch into Aluminum Knight's back; a punch filled with rage and adrenaline rippled through the body of Aluminum Knight, shattering the aluminum armor plates, his heart trembling from the impact of the punch, blood splattering from his own mouth and onto the dirt through the mouth holes of his helmet.

  One last blow.

  Aluminum Knight was conscious no more, and yes, for real this time.

  Y/N dragged his body to the nearest bunch of villains, figuring the police force would gather them all up soon.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

She got rid of one obstacle, yet it's already time for another one. Can't she catch a break for around a minute?

FRIDAY, 9:08 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

  The sun had set several hours ago, but screams and shouts were still heard. All of the citizens were safely evacuated, so as of right now, the whole city of Musutafu served as the battlefield between heroes and villains.

Desperation. Determination. Destruction.

Everyone was nearing their limit, but no one would cave in until they receive the outcome they desire.

But there were also the moments of pure shock. Moments of just standing and watching and asking themselves if this was really happening. This was one of the moments Bakugou was experiencing. Red. Red all over.

She had small and large cuts everywhere, panting for a need of oxygen, hand holding the side of her ribcage, blood dripping down from her head. She looked unlike herself, unlike the mysterious girl who possessed so much strength and could easily get rid of anyone in her way, unlike the untouchable other-worldly being Bakugou always encountered— she looked human. She looked just like the rest of them, all beaten up and bruised.

Her broken rib cage was surely shattered by the time Gigantomachia picked her up and threw her to the ground.

"AUGKH-!!" A pained cry left her mouth, her immobilized friends wincing at the sound. Her brutally wounded figure laying across the cold ground freaked Bakugou out, reminding him of his nightmare. He sprung into action, blasting explosions from left to right, as many as he could at Gigantomachia. So driven by his panic, anger, and determination all in one, he couldn't hear the warning Y/N was giving him.

"Bakugou!" She called out for the second time. "He can't feel your explosions! His quirk doesn't let him feel pain!"

"DAMMIT! AS LONG AS I'M DOING DAMAGE TO HIM, I DON'T CARE IF HE CAN FEEL IT OR NOT! GRAAAAHHH!!" Bakugou stubbornly poured explosion after explosion onto the giant being, listening to the horrid creature's laugh.

Hearing his declaration, Y/N decided to help him. He was right. Damage was still being done no matter if he could feel it or not. She pulled her fist back only to feel her bones cracking and snapping out of place. Her arm tensed, refusing to push forward. She clenched her hand in frustration, her bloody, exposed knuckles bulging out.

A brief yell of determination came from her body, her arm snapping back into place, letting her push her fist forward into Gigantomachia's leg. It wasn't her strongest punch, but it was able to knock Gigantomachia down to his knee, his other leg promptly following after a giant explosion.

"Ahahahahahaha!" A baritone voice erupted in laughter, large hands on the ground breaking the crust of the Earth. The nub of a leg swiped under Bakugou's figure, trying to knock him off his feet. He swiftly jumped over it and landed another exploding blow onto the nub. Gigantomachia's gigantic hands turned into fists that soon plunged themselves into the earth, creating ripples of air push back the people surrounding him. Breaking off a chunk of the Earth's surface as if it was a Kit-Kat, Gigantomachia aimed and threw it at Y/N to which she broke through with her other fist. She looked up, an arm coming down on her. She wasn't going to crack this time. Her arms aching too badly, she pushed her whole body through the arm of Gigantomachia, blood and broken skin cells flying open.

All throughout the painful acts inflicted on him, the humongous bodyguard of Shigaraki laughed hysterically. Unknown to the U.A. students, his quirk allowed his enthusiasm to turn into physical strength and stamina, so as long as he kept his spirits up, he would be able to crush them in no time.

Hands as big as five cars combined reached over to pick up the girl who landed on his upper arm. He laughed, once again, and smiled to himself while thinking if he should squish her. Before he could do so:

Kaboom!

A giant cannonball whipped through the air, knocking right into the side of Gigantomachia's jaw; spritz of white acid danced through the air and onto his back, an invisible force attacking his neck, tape binding around his other arm and getting tugged, earphone jacks being plugged into the ground and sending waves of vibrations to crack the ground underneath him, floating chunks of debris being aimed and thrown, an elongated tongue wrapped around a boulder, a hardened figure and electrified figure both sprinting towards their target, a boy downing a jar of sugar before buffing up and throwing punches at the ribcage, a dark and looming bird-like shadow screeching and going straight for the eye, explosions still being blown by a certain someone.

Ah, and not to mention the numerous purple balls keeping Gigantomachia's fingertips down.

Y/N's eyes focused on the new members of the fight around her, her head still spinning. Feeling something slightly slimy gently wrap around her body and pull her towards its controller, she was met with her upperclassman, Amajiki Tamaki, who she had previously ran into at the raid. It was nighttime and the sky was pitch dark, but in that moment, she saw a light shine down upon him and an imaginary halo appear around his head.

  "Are you alright, Y/N?"

  "Am I dead?" This threw her senior off guard.

  "Um, I don't think so? Do you feel like you're dying? I'm sorry, did I pull you too hard?" The coolheaded Suneater became a nervous mess– his conscious called him an idiot and made him think of many scenarios of what the school would do to him if they found out he accidentally killed one of the first-year students.

  "Yeah, I'm alright." Y/N said right after coughing out a bit of blood.

  "What! No you're not! I'm bringing you to the treatment base!" Amajiki took her in his arms and started jogging to Recovery Girl's temporary center where other medical students and medical heroes were present.

  "Wait!"

  "Huh?!" He came to a sudden halt. "What is it?!"

  "Where's Shinsou? And Midoriya? And Todoroki?" Worry took over her since she didn't see them join in on battling against Gigantomachia. "Mirio is bringing them to the same place I'm taking you. They had pretty nasty injuries."

  The further they got, the guiltier Y/N felt. Gigantomachia was only getting slightly tinier the more Amajiki ran towards the recovery center. She didn't want to leave them with him. What happened to three of her friends while fighting Aluminum Knight took a toll on her, making her blame herself for their injuries.

'I can't leave them there.'

"Bonsoir!" A familiar voice greeted Y/N. She turned to see Aoyama guarding the recovery center, blasting away any villains trying to enter with his naval laser.

"Aoyama!" Y/N exclaimed. She suddenly remembered his cheese, feeling even guiltier. "Ah... I'm sorry I don't have your cheese with me right now..."

"Don't worry, Dear! Take it easy. With me, Shoji, Ojiro, Iida, and Koda and some of the 1-B students all protecting this base, you'll surely feel safe." With that sentence, Y/N saw Iida speed past them and kick a villain holding a flaming bottle right in the gut.

"But I need to-"

Boom!

Several yelps and screams were heard from where Y/N previously was. She gasped, the worst case scenario popping up in her head.

Pushing herself off of Amajiki, she sped back to the scene with Gigantomachia despite the other shouts coming from Amajiki and Aoyama to come back.

She almost pukes her heart out of her chest, lungs heaving up and down, anger rushing through her veins. Why did she let herself be carried away by Amajiki? She could have stood on her own. She could have spent the last minute fighting alongside her classmates. With the short moment she was absent from the scene, all of her classmates were already blown away and being slammed into the buildings' debris, bones breaking, blood spilling, cries being heard.

Gigantomachia stood tall even with the missing lower-halves of his legs, laughing as his stamina and strength recovered. Y/N clenched her fist, and although her legs were wobbling from exhaustion, that didn't stop her from standing in front of him.

"You..."

Gigantomachia looked down at her.

"You turned my classmates into avant-garde art pieces!!!"

Muscles tensing, eyes hardening, eyebrows furrowing, forehead creasing.

Y/N didn't care. Y/N was mad. So mad that she didn't care if what she did next killed her.

Feet pushing off the cement that was breaking, a girl jumping up and flying, a fist penetrating; up and through the entirety of Gigantomachia's head, starting from the skin under his chin up to the spot between his eyes, a girl's entire body with her fist out in front of her pushed through the giant being's head– not enough to kill him, of course; only putting him into an unconscious state while also making him bleed.

Gigantomachia's body slowly fell to the ground, Y/N still in the air and falling through the sky like a fly dropping dead. Her body made contact with the Earth once more, creating a small crater.

"I want to be a hero too..."

MONDAY, 3:17 PM; MUSUTAFU, JAPAN

More than five excavators were present in each street of the city, all rebuilding the offices and shops that were destroyed during the battle. Quickly and efficiently, Musutafu was returning to its normal state. Students, businesspeople, elders, children, everyone began to roam the city once more now that their safety was ensured.

Three third-year students, heads hanging down, all dressed in black, one carrying flowers. They looked at each other and nodded as if agreeing they're all ready to go. The one in the middle slid the door open, quietly walking to where the girl they were visiting was.

"Ahh, come on! You've gotta be kidding me! This is the seventh round already, and I haven't won a single one!"

Click. Click. Click. Pew. Pew. Pow. Bam.

"You died!" A narrator's voice quickly followed the sound effects of what sounded like was coming from a video game.

"You're cheating!"

"Maybe you just suck at this game."

"You piss me off sometimes, Shinsou."

The third-year with light blue hair pulled open the curtain, which revealed a girl wrapped in bandages from head to toe, a fairly-bandaged boy next to her, and another bandaged boy sitting at the edge of her bed playing with the same game model the other two were playing with.

"Oh, hello." Y/N greeted the three students that came into her room with her best attempt at a wave; it was hard to move her arm when it was wrapped in a thick layer of bandages.

"Good afternoon, Y/N! Wow, look at you! You look like a mummy! Maybe you should dress like one for Halloween! Oh, look! Your fingers are working again! I'm glad! Hey, is that a fruit basket? Wow! I've never seen one with grapefruits before! Have you-"

"Nejire," Amajiki put his hand on her shoulder. "Calm down. You're talking the life out of her." he sweatdropped.

"Glad to see you so lively today! Last time we saw you, you were like a vegetable! Hahaha!"

"That's because the doctor said she was in a vegetated state-" Amajiki was quickly cut off by his other hyper friend.

"You recover very quickly, I must say! It's like you're a sea star, hahaha!"

Amajiki placed the flowers in the empty vase by the window after replacing the water. He scooped up the fallen and dried petals from the previous bouquet off of the windowsill and into a garbage can. He did so to let his two friends converse with the first-year before it was his turn.

"Hey, you can chew now right? Ooh, I know! Let's Go get her some takoyaki! I know a place down the street from this hospital! Mirio! Hey Mirio, let's go buy her some takoyaki!"

"Wonderful idea!" The two beagle-like friends pranced out of the room after announcing they'll be back in a short while. Amajiki sighed, sitting on the stool next to Y/N's bed.

"Sorry they're so loud today."

"It's okay. I thought they'd be louder." Y/N laughed.

"By the way, why are you all dressed in black? It's not like I died."

"Haah, reporters from a bunch of local news stations have been trying to get close to U.A. students to try and interview them about the war. Most of them are reporters from the sports festival, but there are also some that came from different provinces too." Amajiki sighed once more, stressed out about the reporters. "Mirio suggested we wear all-black clothing to disguise ourselves, but we still managed to get caught by reporters at least twice today."

Y/N reassuringly patted his shoulder with her hand to the best of her ability, trying not to accidentally hit him, which was difficult with how hard it was to bend her arm. Amajiki looked at her, smiling after staring at her for a few seconds.

"I'm glad you're safe, Y/N." The girl then smiled right back at him.

"Hmmm..." Amajiki yelped, feeling chilly goosebumps through his arms and neck as both Todoroki and Shinsou stared hard at him.

Eventually, the two third-years came back with the takoyaki, telling the rest of them about the owner and his 'cool' glasses– as stated by Nejire– as well as some armored gorilla working with him. It somehow rang a bell in Y/N's mind, but she gave up trying to recall if she met any takoyaki-making gorillas.

All was well that day with Midoriya eventually visiting the other three first-years; his discharge was earlier, as his injuries recovered faster. The U.A. students talked, laughed, and ate takoyaki, all discussing their return to school next week and how they should all be discharged by then. Past the sunshine and rainbows they were feeling, there still remained darkness as they knew the League was still out there. Their plan of recruiting Y/N remained the same, but it's another battle awaiting to happen in the future. They planned to come back strong. Stronger than now. This was all because of that girl's one punch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6k+ words 😩💪
I just finished my English exam today so I had that "3k+ words = extra credit" mindset engraved into me today LMAO
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! It's been how many months since I last updated, but I finally made it. :>
The last chapter to the main plot will be chapter 54, and moving onwards from there will be the character endings. I'm kind of sad this book will be ending soon :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 164 11
Being born 'Quirkless'? He can handle that. Being bullied? Hah, he knows how to handle bullies! Becoming a manga artist and the strongest human alive...
1.2M 34.1K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...
1.8K 51 7
When young Saitama had found out he had been quirkless by his local quirk doctor, his drive to become a hero had not been put down. After training vi...
3.5K 50 15
What if Mikoto Misaka was born in the MHA universe instead of the Toaru Universe and even born as a twin sibling to another existing character? Well...