Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Second Chances
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 2
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 1
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartaches Part 1
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before

Invisible

580 5 6
By dancinginthemoolight

"Taylor Alison Swift, go look on Twitter like RIGHT NOW!" my best friend Abigail nearly screamed into the phone.

"Why are you screaming? Is it good? Wait, is it bad? Scandalous?!" I responded hesitantly.

"Would I be this excited if it was bad?" Abby retorted back, "I mean seriously." I could feel her eyes roll through the phone even though I couldn't physically see them. "Just do it already, Tay, I promise you'll love it."

"Whatever, Abster," I responded knowing the pet name got under her skin. Abby may be sassy but she hated a taste of her own medicine.

    To appease her and out of my own personal intrigue, I grabbed my phone and opened up Twitter. The top search on trending had not only my name in it but also the best guitarist of the modern age. Every rock magazine's bad boy with a "soft side". One of my greatest influences. The one and only, John Clayton Mayer.

    "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!"

    "I told you so," Abigail mocked me. "Are you gonna doubt me again, Taytay?"

Usually I would have a snarky remark waiting to come out but I was far too deep into my phone screen. It felt like I was scrolling for hours through fans begging us to do a collaboration before I came across the tweet. His tweet. John Mayer's tweet,about me, wanting to know when I had time to record a song he had just finished called 'Half of my Heart'. He wanted to know when I had time.  To say I was freaking out was an understatement.

"What the heck do I say? Do I tweet him back? I don't know what to do."

Abigail groaned on the other end, "Just DM him. Now. Do it."

"Isn't that sketchy? Sliding into his DMs does not sound like the right move. What if he doesn-"

"Oh My God, Taylor shut up. You're freaking out for no reason. Did you even read his tweet? He literally called you the Stevie Nicks to his Tom Petty. If that does not tell you how serious he is, I don't know what would. Take a chance, contact him."

I sighed, "You're right, I shouldn't be freaking out and this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, I can't just DM him. One it's sketchy. Two, it's not professional, I have to talk to my team and they'll contact him or his team for me. As a matter of fact, my manager is calling me now." I put Abigail on hold and answered, Rick Barker, my main manager.

"Hey Taylor, have you checked Twitter recently?" he said as soon as our lines connected.

"Yeah I have, I was about to call you actually..." I trailed off.

"Well, do you want to do the song? It would be huge publicity and could expand your fan base with some of his fans," he tried to convince me to do it, not knowing I already wanted to.

"That's why I was going to contact you, I realllyyyy wanna do it."

"That's good because we've already been in contact with his team and you guys are gonna meet up next week in Dallas."

"Woahhh, you're serious?"

"Dead serious Taylor, start packing. Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you...we gave him your number he's supposed to contact you sometime in the next few days to work out some kinks that we have no say in. Hope you don't mind. See ya," he hung up before I could protest him giving my number away to, essentially a stranger. Honestly, I did not care because of who it was given to. Forgetting Abby was on the other line, I exhaled and then reread his tweet for the ten-thousandth time: "Waking up to this song idea that won't leave my head. 3 days straight now. That means it's good enough to finish. It's called 'Half of My Heart' and I want to sing it with Taylor Swift. She would make a killer Stevie Nicks in contrast to my Tom Petty of a song." I still could not believe my eyes. Out of the three billion people in the world. He wants me to be on his record.

"Taylor, are you alive? I know you're there. Did you text him yet? Did they text him yet...tell me the details," Abigail's voice brought me out of my trance.

"Yeah I'm alive. They said his team has already been in contact with mine and we're gonna record in Dallas. Next week-," I was interrupted by my phone pinging in my ear, indicating someone texted me. I pulled my phone away from my ear to see if it was anyone important. The number wasn't saved but as I read the text my eyes grew wide.

Abigail was getting fed up with me not finishing my sentence or responding to her and kept saying, "Taylor...hello...you there? Hello."

But I was too busy staring at my screen to listen to her blabbering.

"I'm gonna go, talk to you later," I quickly spat out before ending my phone call with Abigail.

The text read, "Hey your manager gave me your number, hope that's not a problem. I can't wait to meet my Stevie. ;)"

"It's not a problem, likewise, Tom ;)" I wrote back before saving his number.

I yeeted my phone across the room out of excitement and threw myself into my pillow screaming. Luckily my mom and Dad were at work while Austin was at one of his friend's. If they were here they would have thought I was being killed.

After a while of screeching into my pillow, I came up for air. My text tone went off again before my phone began to ring. I quickly hopped off the bed in search of it. After about the thirteenth ring I found it lying in the pile of dirty clothes at the foot of my bed. I dug through the clothes answering the phone as soon as it was found.

"You hung up on me!!" Abigail screamed so loud I had to pull the device away from my ear.

"I'm sorry. A lot is happening and I'm kinda in shock," I apologized.

"Like what."

"Well John got my number and just texted me and Ahhhhh I can't even, Abigail."

"Well don't be stingy...what did he sayyy?"

"That he can't wait to meet me," I squealed, "And he put a winky face."

"Ooooh see? I told you there was nothing to worry about."

"I know, I Know...you were right. Are you happy now?"

"Very much so," Abigail sassed back.

"Also," I went to my text messages after I put her on speaker, "he texted me again ...but I'll respond when we hang up because I don't wanna be rude."

"Aww how sweet...you're not gonna tell me what else he said...are you?" she grumbled.

"Nope. It's none of your business."

"I know, I know, I just wanna hear about the dirty details of my best friend's potential boyfriend. Or is it a potential lover?" She joked.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes, "I don't like him like that, I just really look up to him. It's like you meeting Michael Phelps."

"I get your point, but you're forgetting one thing: I have had a huge crush on Michael Phelps since the 2008 Olympics. Kinda like how you've had a crush on John Mayer since you heard 'Why Georgia?' years ago," she retorted.

I breathed heavy into the phone, "There is no crush, will you quit it?"

"Fine," Abigail caved before completely changing directions, "Hold up...do you know what you're gonna wear?!!" she exclaimed.

"No. What do you wear to meet your idol? I mean seriously, he's literally a rock-star."

"Why don't we just go shopping then? It's a perfect excuse for a trip to the mall. I can help you find something that'll really impress him."

"I think you're right, even though I'm not trying to impress anybody. I'll pick you up later tonight after I see my parents."

"Sounds good to me, see ya then sis,"

I hung up and opened my messages back up. The two from him were waiting, unopened.

John: So you're coming next week, right?

John: I mean if you can't that's fine. I am not in a rush to get it done, yet.

Me: Yep, I'm super excited to hear what you've come up with.I can say, I know that it's going to be amazing.

John: I feel really good about it. I'm pretty confident that you'll love it.

Me:  You're probably right; most songs that you have written are amazing..

John: Thanks,can you tell me who your lyricist is? Their writing is amazing!

Me: Umm... that would be me. I write all my songs.

John: No way, I don't believe that. You have to be joking.😱

Me: Well, you'll just have to wait and see won't you. 😉

John: I guess I do.😉

A few. Min. Later.

John: I was wondering what kind of food you like to eat?

Me:Anywhere that has chicken nuggets lol

John: Haha okay, I was thinking maybe we could all go out to eat next week.

Me: That sounds great, but I don't exactly have complete control of my schedule.

John: Don't worry your pretty little mind ;), I'll get my people to ask. How have you been doing? I hear things have been speeding up for you lately?

Me: I've been good. Uh what?

John: Getting busier, sorry that's what we old folks used to say to each other. 😂 

Me: You're not old.

John: I'm not as young as I once was though.

Me: That doesn't mean you're old. Age is a mindset not a number. Also you're pretty much a guitar god so do you actually ever get older?

John: Why, thank you very much and yes I definitely age haha. I had to work my ass off to get to where I am now, though.

Me : I can definitely understand that. Do you think it's been worth it? Sometimes I'm not sure it is.

John: Of course it's worth it, don't get discouraged. I've learnt over the years that people throw rocks at things that shine. They get jealous and put you down hoping you'll just quit. Don't give in, keep pushing forward, you won't regret it.

Me: You give really good advice, I have no words. Thanks :)

John: I wish I could talk to you more but I need to go. I have a job to do tonight. I'll talk to you later, beautiful. :)

Me: Ditto.

I face palmed, was that the right response? Should I have left him

. . .

"Abigail, we have been here for five hours and have not found anything. Can we pleaseee go home?" I whined, tired of walking around in my ridiculous disguise.

"No, we cannot. Your first impression on this guy is important. Do you want to look like you don't even care?" she retorted.

"One, he's not just 'this guy'. Two, I do care but everything you have picked out makes me look like I'm going to give him a lap dance and not record a song."

"No, they didn't. Besides he's too old for you anyway Taylor. Isn't he like 30 or something. Isn't that a little weird?"

"I'm not trying to date him. I just don't want him to get the wrong impression. Since, you know, 'first impressions are important'."

"Then it doesn't matter. Wear what you wanna wear. But if you are trying to impress him just remember he's apparently an infamous player."

"So I've been told," I spoke softly.

"The problem is...I don't want to wear the stuff you thought was 'so hot'. Just let me pick out what I want so we can leave."

"Okay. I'm sorry I didn't mean to push my ideas onto you. I just wanted to help. I guess our tastes aren't the same anymore, huh." Abby said laughing.

I smiled over at her, "I guess not."

Soon enough, I found the perfect dress to wear. It wasn't too fancy or skimpy. It was a beautiful sunshine yellow that made my skin glow. It made my eyes shine an even brighter blue than they already were. It was perfect. So, we checked out and left the store towards the exit.

"Hey Taylor, wanna get some sexy underwear for John?" Abigail questioned, wiggling her eyebrows as we passed Victoria's Secret.

"OH MY GOD SHUT UP. No I don't quit. I don't even like him like that. I'm just a fan of his stuff."

"Surreee...," she mocked me, "You totally don't have a thing for him." we hopped into the car heading back to my house

A.N.- First of all I am so glad you're here!! Thank you for taking the time to read this story!! This is my first story if you see anything wrong don't hesitate to let me know. However, please be respectful because I am not a professional writer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 8.7K 43
Taylor Swift and Emma Quinn had no business knowing eachother and probably would never have met if it wasn't for one wrong numbered text. Suddenly t...
478 54 13
Do you remember your first love? Allison does. She won't ever forget him. Nor will she ever forget the boyfriends that came after. The heartache, the...
786K 24.8K 42
sequel to DELICATE I know that you're scared because I'm so open In which famous English actress Kaia Browne is now in a serious relationship with i...
6.6K 366 17
Star Katy Perry was going through really dark moments, she meets the bad-boy and she might put her heart in danger again. Did she change the womanize...