Broken Pieces - Finding Way T...

By Hritu04

Well think of a husband and wife who have everything. Family, daughter, job, money and house. But Naina and A... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
You gotta read this!
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Author's Note
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
Author's Note
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
Author's Note

24

782 63 8
By Hritu04

In the second floor of the white tail building, amongst one of the many classrooms, Naina was solving a sum on the green board with an explanation. As she was explaining, the students listened to her very attentively. But on hearing the loud sound of school bell, they were all distracted with the excitement that caused in them knowing that it was time to go home. Seeing them, she only smiled mentally but she had to portray herself strong in front of them.

"Okay class, we will be stopping right here.

But... But I want all of you to try continue this sum further and find the correct answer by Monday!" Naina said as she placed both her hands on the table in her front and leaned a little.

Hearing her, the whole class groaned internally but what she said next surprised them.

"And Those who will get the correct answer will get a treat from me"

"Really, mam? What will we get?"A girl who had worn spectacle stood up and asked with her eyes shining with glee.

"Umm.... Let's say that it's a surprise, alright?"

"Yes ma'am! They shouted cheerfully.

Seeing their happy faces at the end of the class, she smiled and gathered her things and walked out of the classroom. Bribing to make them do the work was not something Naina always supported. And she never needed to bribe her students as they all did the work she assigned them, few would even at least attempt to solve it even if they would not get the answer correctly. But at times like this, where they had already given loads of assignments to do she had to bribe them with rewards. It had been four months the last time she had bribed them to do the homework. And they all loved her way of giving treats, so that was the reason they were looking up for it so eagerly and would do anything she would say.

On reaching the staffroom, she realised it was actually time to leave which reminded her of Aditya's words.

'Don't runaway. I will pick you up' the words kept on repeating in her head.

She wondered how would he come to pick her up when it was Saturday? He had full day to work. How would he leave his work and come to pick her up in they middle of the day? Will he even come in the first place?

Walking towards her table, she picked up all her things and kept inside her bag and zipped it. Then she sat on her chair and grabbed her water bottle which was placed on the table. Opening it's lid, she drank water. As she gulped down finishing half of it, her gaze fell on Arthi who entered the room just now.

Seeing her, she thought about what Arthi had told her in the morning. 'It's a date'

Then huffed mentally. 'What was with everyone telling me something in the morning that I keep ponder over and over now?'

'Was it really a date?' she asked herself. A part of her wished it were to be a date. But it wasn't and she knew it very well. There could nothing happen between them. Not then, not now and not in the coming future. Thinking, she shook her head.

"Hey, Naina!" Arthi chirped like a early bird while here she was sitting all exhausted.

"Hey...."

"Finally it's weekend!" She exclaimed showing how relieved she was and all she wanted was to go home.

"It is" Naina nodded her head.

Still sipping water, Naina looked at her and then a long bell was heard which indicated that it was time to leave. But they had to wait for all the students to leave first and only then teachers were allowed to leave. On hearing the bell, all the students had made their way out of their classrooms. Some getting inside the bus, some were picked up by their parents and some walked to their home.

Once they all were out leaving only teachers and Principal in the building, the teachers made their way to sign the register and then started leaving.

After signing, Naina and Arthi walked out of the building making their way towards the gate. As she took each step forward, she felt something similar to yesterday when she was in the cafe. She scratched the area near her nape.

"Naina, are you going to come along with me or are you.... You know what I mean? I mean he came yesterday and will he.... Today also?" Arthi asked as she walked beside her. Though she was talking with her, she looking in her front.

Will he come to pick her up? If he has to come, he will have to take leave. And as far as she knows, he has never taken leave. Looking at Arthi, she thought.

Not knowing what to say, she turned to look in the front. And when she did, she gasped looking surprised to see him already standing there in the opposite side of the road leaning onto his black car already looking at her.

Aditya had actually reached a few minutes earlier. Coming out of his car, he looked out for her amongst the crowd near the school. In heart, he only hoped that at least today she wouldn't leave him and go. Seeing the crowd reducing, his eyes searched for the black ones which belonged to Naina. Once he caught her sight, he felt like the world around him had stopped. He felt like his ages old thirst was quenched on just seeing her.

He never felt like this. This was completely different. She was driving him crazy. All these years he had nothing but a patient man trying to let her get adjusted. And now, he could no longer wait. He wanted to be near her, see her, listen her and just be with her. Her ignorance towards him had made him loose his mind and heart. She was there, but still she was very far away from him.

There she walked beside her colleague, talking God knows what. But all her could see was how innocently and breathtaking she looked. Just in those pale colours of salwar and leggings with the scarf around her neck. With each step her taking forward, he felt like only gazing at her and nowhere or noone else.

There was this look of emptiness on her face which replaced with looking confused and the next moment when her eyes meet his, she looked surprised as if seeing something unexpected.

'Did she think I wouldn't be here? Or did she think she would leave even before I reach here?' he thought looking at her who stood as if seeing a ghost in the daytime.

Arthi asked again looking at Aditya and then at Naina, "what are you going to do?"

When seconds passed by minutes, Naina instead of replying to her she was busy in staring at him.

He was here. Did he really take leave from the office? Just to pick her up? She was really expecting him to call her and say that he wasn't coming. But here he was waiting for her.

"Naina, not everyone will wait. You should go with him. Also, anyone would kill to go out with such a handsome man!" Arthi said dreamily, placing her hand on Naina's shoulder.

"Bye...." Saying, she walked towards her car and sitting inside, she drove off to her home leaving Naina all alone with her eyes widened and jaws gaped.

Even after Arthi's departure, Naina stood rooted to her spot. Not moving an inch from where she stood. She couldn't believe what she just heard Arthi saying.

Seeing no movement from her, he slid his hand into right side of the pocket of his black trouser and swiped through it and held it near his ears.

In a fraction of few seconds, Naina heard her phone ringing which broke her trance. Averting her gaze, she took out her phone from her bag and saw the name that flashed on the screen.

He was calling her even though he was standing on the other side of the road? Why though? She looked at him confused. Then he tilted his head directing her to pick up the phone.

Hesitating, she swiped her finger to receive the call and held it near her ear. Then all she heard was his voice and his breathing.

"I don't mind standing here whole day and have you look at me, but then you might just faint and fall from the hunger!"

"What?" She asked not understanding.

"Are you going to come or should I come there? Or are we going to stand whole day like this, staring at eachother. Which I don't mind either." He said smiling to see her expressions changing from realization to shocking.

Her cheeks had turned red, he couldn't see that though. But he could tell that she was embarrassed.

"I am coming there" saying, she cut the call without giving him chance to speak. He chuckled seeing her all worked up.

______

Okay, so here it is the chapter you all have been waiting for.... How was it?

I thank everyone who are reading this and I ask you to share this story with your friends too....

Don't forget to vote and comment!

:) *

Dated - 21 May, 2020
Edited - 16 June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.9K 61
"You are such a big bastard Aditya..Just because you married me forcefully, So do you really think that I will accept you as my husband.. Huh nonsens...
683K 27.9K 39
Cover Credit - the_clumsygirll #3 multiple times I sat on his bed wearing the bridal lehenga. My heartbeat was increasing. My palms were sweating. W...
58.5K 4.3K 46
ផ្តើមចេញពីអ្នកបម្រើក្នុងភូមិគ្រឹះលោកគហបតីក្លាយខ្លួនជាសំណព្វចិត្តលោកគហបតីសង្ហារត្រឹមមួយពព្រិចភ្នែកតើស្នេហារវាងអ្នកពីរនិងទៅជាយ៉ាងណាបើចង់ដឹងចុចអានទៅ🤭🤍
33.7K 4.1K 42
What will happen when a person who is already wounded got new wounds that too from the person whom he or she loves the most? Will that person be able...