Broken Pieces - Finding Way T...

By Hritu04

Well think of a husband and wife who have everything. Family, daughter, job, money and house. But Naina and A... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
You gotta read this!
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Author's Note
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
Author's Note
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
Author's Note

21

884 60 13
By Hritu04

At the dawn the blaring sound of the alarm clock which stopped just after a few seconds of it ringing, woke the man up who had his back towards Naina but he chose to stay in the bed with his eyes closed. When he felt Naina getting up from the bed and walking into the bathroom, Aditya opened his eyes lying in the same position. The events of last night flashed across his mind.

They both were seated on the sofa near the balcony of the room. There was a comfortable silence between them which Aditya didn't mind as she didn't avoid him like all these years she's been doing. He remembered how cute she looked while eating the chocolate with smearing it on her lips. The Naina he knew a little bit from the past was still there inside her which she's been hiding. A smile crept on his face thinking how nice he actually felt just sitting in a silence. After she had finished eating, they headed to sleep. That is it. The moment was small but he would cherish it till the end of his life.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, he closed his eyes and laid still as if he were in a deep slumber. After a few minutes of her walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, he opened his eyes again and turned straight to look at the white ceiling above him.

It has been like this from past three years now. Everyday even before the sunrise, Naina would wake up, freshen up and wear her track suit, make herself a cup of coffee and then go for a run without missing a single day. It was like her each day depended on her routine of running.

If Naina's way to get relieved from her thoughts and past memories by running, then Aditya's was to workout. Every single day he would wake up to the sound of the alarm which rings only for a few seconds and sometimes he would wake up to the sounds made by Naina while getting ready, who actually thought was not making any sound to disturb his sleep or thought that he was a deep sleeper. All thanks to her being clumsy! Which he didn't mind. He enjoyed seeing her cute expressions at those moments.

Aditya was a very light sleeper. He wasn't always like this. But since Komal's death, and him getting married to Naina, everything changed.

So when everyday after Naina leaves for running, he would
freshen himself and starts working out. In the beginning, he started with simple exercises and then with the complex ones. And now he does it regularly just like how Naina runs regularly without a miss.

Working out for him was one of the way to take out all the anger, pain and the grief he had it in him from all the suffering. From his wife's death to marrying Naina and afterdays till now, all he did was store all emotions inside him which were struggling to emerge out. He had to do something. So working out was the option for him just like how running was for Naina. But then, he thought that both him and Naina were doing the same. She was running from her past while he was waiting for his present.

Naina was completely unaware of this and he had decided to keep it that way. Two things it helped him with. One, he would feel less stressful and calm. Two, his body was completely transformed from being lean to a healthy and strong muscular body which he always hid under those fabrics.

He would always complete his workout before her return and rush himself to have a shower. Sometimes, he would just wash his face and drink coffee or would play with Nia when she comes to him just after she wakes up and then go for getting ready at the time when Naina would return.

Today, when Naina had walked into their room, she found him infront of the mirror all dressed up in his formal wear. He stood there tall, combing his hairs while whistling a tune. He seemed like he was in a good mood today.

She couldn't help but notice him. He looked fresh like he had shower just now. His hairs, still wet through which he ran his hands making it look a bit messy yet neatly done.

When her gaze was still fixed on him, he had already felt her looking at him and looked back at her into the mirror how flushed she looked right now. Her free hairs sticked on her cheeks because of all the sweating.

Though for rest of the world she looked completely fine, but her eyes told otherwise. He could feel it. But she never sees him directly into his eyes. Even if their gaze meet, it wouldn't last for more than a minute or so.

"Mumma, I drank milk!" The loud voice which belonged to Nia, broke their trance making them realize that they had been staring at eachother indirectly for a few minutes now.

"Ahem.... Good morning" he wished clearing his throat, as if he had noticed her just now and continued to make his hairs.

"Good morning" wishing him back, she averted her gaze with a tinge of redness appearing on her cheeks on feeling the heat crept on and then went to get ready.

After a while, once they all were ready Nia, Naina, Aditya and Pratap were having breakfast.

"Papa, we are going out for dinner tonight!" The excited Nia said.

This completely came out as a surprise for him, as he had not known any of such plans. Looking at his daughter and then at her father, he raised his eyebrows as if enquiring him if it's true about he heard just now.

"Uhh...." Meeting his son's gaze, he smiled.

"Yes, we are going. Come back early today." Pratap confirmed him

"Are you sure dad?" He asked again as if not believing.

"Yes, of course I am. What do you think of me? Making up things just like that? We all are going out for dinner!" He clapped his hands with the same excitement he shared with Nia.

"It's good. After so many years, we are going somewhere" Archana agreed.

"Okay, then" Looking at Naina who was wiping Nia's mouth, Aditya mumbled as he put a spoon full of rice in his mouth and started chewing.

After that, they had settled themselves in Aditya's car to leave. It was just those same kind of days where Nia chattered and chattered until her school arrived leaving both of them in silence till the end of their destinations. But still, something had changed between them.

Just before Nia's school arrived, she asked her father.

"Papa, Papa, did you get your sky?"

' She's still holding onto that conversation?' looking at her he asked himself while Naina looked at him and then back to the road.

Aditya knew, he would have to answer her either ways. She was not one of those who would let go easily. He sighed.

"Well, Umm... Maybe I have got one" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Really? Then what colour is it Papa?" Here came another question, he thought.

"Colour? I think I have to still paint it with the colours. It's actually blank right now" he mumbled at the end, remembering the evening he spent alone near the cliff.

"Don't worry about it, Papa. Me and Mumma will colour your sky!" She said with her toothy grin. Sometimes words like these coming from her, was unexpected.

Little did she knew the exact meaning behind her words. For the little girl, it was only about colouring that mattered. But both Aditya and Naina knew what it actually meant.

That's what he's been wishing to happen. To make his sky colourful along with his small family which included Naina too. 'Will it ever happen?' he asked himself.

"I am sure, you would" he said patting her head.

Upon arriving in front of Nia's school, he stopped the car and waited for Nia to get inside the building and then drove off to drop Naina.

Once again when there was silence between them, they wanted to talk. But what? And how? Was something bothered them.

'should I talk to him? What should I talk about?

Good morning? No, we I have already wished eachother.

About the dinner?' she thought, stealing glances at him every now and then.

On the other hand he was not different than her.

'should I ask her about her sky?

Or not?

What should I talk to her about?

Dinner? Is she comfortable going out?' he thought as he kept his head straight, his gaze fixed on the road driving with ease.

Even after last night's talk, they both couldn't bring themselves to talk normally. It was difficult for both. They both thought as what to talk about. As still they were thinking without uttering any words, Naina's school had already arrived.

At last the only words they exchange were "thank you" from her and "bye" from him.

But just like everytime, he stopped her just as she was about get down from the car. Feeling his hold her hand again, she looked at him to see his brown eyes.

"I will pick you up today" he said looking straight into her eyes.

"But, today is Saturday. It's halfday" she said softly.

As if realising, he then said.

"So what? I will come and pick you up at one in the afternoon"

"Okay" hearing a positive response from her, he freed her hand only to hold it again making her gasp at the suddenness.

She looked back at him, who had his mouth open to say something.

"Don't runaway, I will pick you up" he said leaning closer to her.

She still looked at him nervously and nodded her head not able to form a word from his closeness.

Seeing her nod her head up and down, he let go of her hand and she made her way into the building. While he drove off to his office.

_______

Hey readers!
I know this had a very less conversation but please understand that this is how they both are. They are trying to build their relationship. As the story progresses, there will be more conversations as expected.

And, I had updated an author's note few hours earlier. If you haven't read that, then please do it! And if you have read it, then please respond to it!

Thank you for supporting!
Don't forget to comment and vote!

:)

Dated : 18 May, 2020

Edited - 16 June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 25.7K 70
Tulika's blooming love story faced tragedy when a bike accident took away her love Sumedh. Sumedh, the perfect guy for her, who was head over heels i...
31K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
20.5K 860 17
There is something magical about innocence. One moment that person is a stranger to you and the next moment you will have this urge to protect them...
87.6K 6.4K 98
••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always find myself getting mesmerized by him. And today is no different. As I come into th...