Broken Pieces - Finding Way T...

By Hritu04

Well think of a husband and wife who have everything. Family, daughter, job, money and house. But Naina and A... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
You gotta read this!
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
Author's Note
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
Author's Note
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
Author's Note

20

916 65 4
By Hritu04

The next morning appeared to be brighter and shiny than the other days. Was it always like this? Or only today? Or was it just her to not notice the beauty around her, Naina thought as she ran through the paths which led to the park.

Her black copper mixed wavey hairs bouncing from right to left, the sweat beads rolling down her forehead, the heartbeat which raced as fast as she ran. Upon reaching the park, she stopped running. She looked around while taking heavy breaths.

She could hear the chirping of birds, feel the way the fresh breeze was caressing her. The laughter of the small children around her who playing, brought a small smile on her lips.

Turning towards her right, she saw a couple who were of around her age, dusting off the mud that their daughter had got into her hairs and clothes while playing.

As her gaze was fixed on them, all of a sudden the couple was replaced by her and Aditya and the small girl by Nia. She gasped as she saw herself dusting off the mud while scolding how the father and daughter had played with the mud to only add up another chore for before going to work.

There was end to their banter. Aditya and Nia finally apologized her by holding their ears with a cute puppy face while Naina glared at them but eventually gave up on being mad at them and laughed at how their hairs were messed up and their faced turned brown with all playing with mud. Seeing her laugh, Aditya and Nia to laughed loudly and hugged eachother.

A smile appeared on her face as she saw how happy they looked. Tears rolled down her cheeks, but they were of happiness. She always wished that she would have a family. And she does. But she was never happy or feel content in her life. Wiping the tears off her eyes, she looked at them again to see a black haired girl stood beside them. She was devoid of any emotion. Her eyes looked like her happiness was drowned out of her life. She stood there looking soulless, in the same dress smeared with blood which she had worn on that fateful day.

The girl turned her head to look at couple and their daughter in whom Naina saw herself, Aditya and Nia still. The girl looked back at Naina as if asking 'why?' And the way she looked at her, it made her feel even more guilty for something that was really not in her hands.

"Komal?" Naina whispered.

Seeing her, Naina started to panicking. Taking steps backward still looking at the girl, she stumbled but did not fall.

'you snatched away my daughter's life'

'it's because of you that she died'

'you were supposed to die, not her'

'you can never live happily'

'you can never take her place'

'you killed her'

She started hearing the voices, some her's and some others' who had blamed her back during those initial days of Komal's death.

Having enough of hearing, she closed her ears with her hands and turned away from the soulless girl who stood there. She felt like she could not breath anymore.

She felt like suffocating in when she was in an open space surrounded by the greeneries. Not waiting even for a minute, she strode out of the park marching towards the shop which was nearby.

"One wa-water bottle" her voice sounded shaky and nervous as she placed the amount in his hands.

Taking the bottle, she opened the lid and started gulping it and then splashed some water on her face.

Disposing the bottle, she wiped her face with the back of her hands and breathe deeply. Then she sat on the bench which was placed nearby the shop and held her face in her hands.

"I have to get over all these things. I cannot let my past to affect my family in any way. They're all I have got." Naina thought as she cried in her heart for her suffering to end.

Straightening herself and leaving all the thoughts behind, she stood on her feet and started running in the direction of her house. Entering inside the premises of her home, she marched towards the doorstep and walked in pushing the door wide open.

Once she entered, her gaze fell on her daughter Nia who was running from here to there having Pratap run after her.

"No, Dadu! I don't want to want to drink milk!" Nia shouted as was tried to escape from drinking the milk.

"Nia, you have to drink. Stop running! Nia...." He ran behind her placing the glass on the table.

Archana was busy cooking in the kitchen and Aditya was no where to be seen.

'Must be getting ready' she thought as she saw the time was already seven. Marching towards where Pratap had cornered Nia, she called her.

"Nia?"

Hearing Naina's voice, she ran towards her.

"Mumma.... Look at Dadu! Tell him I don't want to drink milk"
Came the complain from her daughter.

"Naina. Look at this girl. Refusing to drink milk. She had me run behind her for good twenty minutes! You - you look after her, she's not going to drink milk even if I run marathon!" He said breathing in relief as he saw Naina coming to his rescue from his granddaughter's tantrums.

Shaking her head, she smiled as he went and sat on the sofa. Then looking at the girl who hugged her by her leg, she asked.

"But why don't you want to drink it?"

In reply, Nia wrinkled her nose and squinted expressing the dislike she had for the milk. In turn Naina glared at her but immediately softened her gaze looking at how Nia stood there making an adorable face which could melt even the rock! And she was her mother after all, how could she not melt. But then, Naina was very well aware of her daughter's tactics to escape from drinking milk and she would not have any of it.

Kneeling down, she held both her hands.

"Nia, you don't want to drink milk? Okay let it go. Don't drink." She said, caressing her face.

Hearing this Nia's face glowed with happiness thinking that her mother finally fell into her trap!

"What more will happen if you don't drink milk?

You won't be energetic enough to play.

Yeah that's somehow manageable. Who even wants to play.

You won't be able to eat chocolates as your teeth will start yellowing and decaying soon.

And that's fine too, who even needs chocolates right?

You can't eat cake at all. If you won't have teeth, how will you eat right?

But that's also fine...." Hearing this, Nia closed her mouth with her hands as if imagining her decayed teeth and gasped in shock. Looking at her, Naina tried not to smile and continued.

"What will happen at most, that you will sitting in the corner and see all your friends enjoying.

Yes, if you drink milk everyday you would be able to play, eat chocolates and cakes and do anything you want. Now if you don't like milk, you don't have to....." Saying she trailed off and stood up looking at Nia who was contemplating of what would happen if she were to not drink milk.

Placing her pointing finger on her chin as if thinking something, she said.

"I will drink milk! But let's go out for dinner tonight, please mom?" She was Nia, her mother's daughter. If one thing she had learnt from her mother very well that was bargaining. Take from hand and give from another.

Naina looked at the small girl who stood with making all sorts of puppy faces. Hearing her, Pratap chuckled.

"Yes, tonight let's all go out for dinner. This is a nice plan, Nia!" Pratap agreed with the plan happily which made Nia jump up and down with excitement.

"There you go now, common drink milk." Naina said sighing.

"Yesss!" She sprinted towards the table and started drinking milk while Naina made her way towards her room.

________

I am glad many of you are liking the story...... Thank you so much for reading this.
Hopefully you liked this chapter.... Please comment and vote for the chapter.

Thank you :)

Dated : 18 May, 2020

Edited - 16 June 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.8K 19
*Short Story* Hollowness is something worth being feared...more than enemies. Hollowness could kill more easily than your foe. That's what it was doi...
81.8K 4.1K 19
They hear small small foot steps coming from hall. They immediately knew whose footsteps those are. She slowly drags her feet into dinning room whil...
2.7K 629 15
ئایە ونبووم لە خۆشەویستی تۆدا؟.. ئەتوانم مێشکت بخوێنمەوە! بەڵێ بەڕێز مافیا!!
1.2M 58.5K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...