The Long Wait

By JanCo3024

Love takes time. "A decade and four until the end of time" "Its been two decades and two and here I am stil... More

The Characters
The Job
The First Day
The New Task
The Closeness
The Proposal
The Pearl Necklace
The Moves
The 25th
The Celebration
The Last Month
The Song
The Other Half
The Help
The Offer
The Questions
The Agreement
The Island
The Masked Face
The Jealous
The Wish
The Clash
The Competition
The Accusations
The Family Bonding
The New Beginning
Charlotte and Iya
The Truth
The Gunshot
The Departure
The Runaway
The Talk
The Lunch
The Photoshoot
The Surrender
The Surprise
The News
The Chief Marketing Officer
The Old Friend
The Engagement
The Mysterious Note
The Eyes
Charlotte and Cassandra
The Repetition of History
The Dragon
The Innocent
The Unexpected Return
The Kidnapped
The Victim
The Reunion
The Preparation
Park Jimin and Park Jeongyeon
The Contented
The Unusuals
The Good News
Its Just A Play
The Lonely
The Plead
The Heartbroken
The Father
The Wolf Under Sheepskin
The Sibling
The Reconciliation
Gio and Jia
The Escape
The Gatecrashers
The Rescue
The Heart's Helper
Announcement
The End of The Long Wait
Thank You!
New Book!!!

The Reason

291 23 1
By JanCo3024

Jeongyeon prepared her papers for her resignation. She can't take it any longer she must do it, for herself.

---Jeongyeon---

I just finished making a hard copy for my resignation. All that is needed is a signature. But Jimin's signature is needed. I don't know if we can see each other again, after what happened last time.

I called halmeoni. After 4 rings she answered.

Halmeo: What is it Jeongie?
Jeong: Halmeoni can we meet up?
Halmeo: Sure Jeongie, where would you like to meet?
Jeong: Here in my office halmeoni is it okay?
Halmeo: Sure, Jeongyeon. I'll go na, Arasseo?
Jeong: Ne halmeoni. Gomawo..

I ended the call.

After an hour she arrived. I hugged her and she did the same.

We sat on the couch and she held my hands.

Halmeo: Jeongyeon you need anything?

I took a deep breath

Jeong: Halmeoni, I am so sorry but, I have to resign. I must...

Halmeoni's face became sad

Halmeo: Wae?

Jeong: Halmeoni, I know you know what happened to Jimin and I last time. And I am very sorry that because of me you never met your great grand daughter...

I looked at the floor.

Halmeo: Jeongie I understand but, why must you resign?

Jeong: I - I can't take it anymore. Jimin and I are both hurt....

She held my face.

Halmeo: If that's your decision, Jeongie.... But I must admit I will be very sad to see you go again....

She started to tear up.

Jeong: Halmeoni, we can still see each other... In Iya's school we can meet there....

She nodded

I sobbed. I feel guilty because I deprived her chance to meet Charlotte. Unnie told me she was saddened when she knew about Charlotte.

Jeong: I am really sorry...

She hugged me and I buried my face on her shoulder. She rubbed my back.

Halmeo: Shhhh, Jeongie stop crying...

I moved back and wiped my tears.

Jeong: I am really sorry I am such a crybaby this past few days....

She brushed my hair. I am really happy that she became part of my life, through her I felt the love of a grandmother.

Jeong: Halmeoni, can I ask a favor?

Halmeo: Sure, what is it?

Jeong: Can you please sign my resignation paper for me?

She shook her head slowly.

Halmeo: I am sorry but, only the Ceo can do that....

I nodded my head.

Jeong: Sure halmeoni....

I offered her lunch for today and we went out.

---Jimin---

I just learned that Jeongyeon is going to resign. She already made the decision. She does not want to fix things with me. She wants to move on from me and all the pain I caused her.

I won't stop her but, still I can't accept the fact that I lost her for the second time. She deserves to be free and I deserve all the pain.

I bought soju and wine for myself and some extra because I want Jin hyung and Jungkook to join me.

It was night time and I called them. I already drank one and a half bottle of soju

Jin: Chim, wae?
Jimin: Hyung come we'll celebrate!
Jin: Jimin what are you talking about?
Jimin: Just come! And oh! Call Jungkook tell him to join us!

He was about to speak when I hang up.

After thirty minutes they arrived. I already finished 3 bottles of soju.

---Jin---

We entered his office and we suspect he is already drunk.

When he saw us his eyes are different and it looks like he sobbed again

Jimin: Oh! Hyung, Kook! Join me!
He  gave us each a bottle of soju.

Jung: Hyung please stop, you are wasting yourself....

He drank from his bottle and wiped his lips

Jimin: Ah. No I am not! Come on join me! Let's celebrate my second defeat!

He stood up

Jin: Jimin, stop, you don't want Cassandra to see you again like that....

I pulled his arm then, he harshly pulled his arm back.

Jimin: Yah! Hyung! Stop! I just want to enjoy the wonderful night!

Jung: What's the problem?

Jimin: Problem? My problem is that this man...
he pointed himself.

Jimin: Is nothing but a failure! He failed as a lover, he failed as a father and now he failed to win her back!

He spinned around and faced the window he put his arms in the air.

Jimin: Woohoo!

I pulled the bottle from his hand and he got angry.

Jimin: Yah hyung! Give it back!

Jin: Jimin! Stop doing this to yourself! You are wasting yourself! Stop it!

Jimin: I am already a waste! Haha!

Jung: No matter what you are going through hyung, you can get over with it...

Jimin: Yah! You! How can you say that I can get over with it!? I spent eight years trying to move on but, it never happened!

---Jeongyeon---

I made myself very busy and finished all my work since in two weeks time I'll be gone forever from this company. All that is needed is his signature. I inhaled and exhaled. I should not waste time I need to get his signature as soon as possible.

I went to his office. Before I can even enter I heard shouts. It seems like he is reasoning with Jin.

I peeked through the glass wall and I saw everything. They were fighting.

Jimin: Yah! The both of you stop it! You both don't know what I've been through!

he wiped his tears and threw a bottle on the floor it crashed into pieces.

Jimin: You don't know how it feels! I have loved her for 22 years! And still I can't get her back! I did my best to show her that I love her but, none of those can patch up my mistakes to her. I broke her! And not only that, I even lost the chance to be a father to my daughter!

He grabbed his hair. And sobbed louder

Jimin: You don't know how it feels like. The feeling of losing the one you love and losing your child! You've got no idea!

I felt tears fall from my eyes. I feel so guilty right now. If I wasn't selfish and blinded by hatred I wouldn't have deprived him his chance to be a father to my child.

I turned my back and I was about to exit when I heard him spoke.

Jimin: Yah! Is it wrong to love?!
I just loved her that's why I gave up on her! Or should have I chosen to keep her and protect her instead?!

I stopped on my tracks.

Jimin: I gave up on her just because of two freakin calls and I realized that I am a pathetic coward!

Two calls?

Jimin: I just don't know what will happen to me when I lose her permanently. When she gets killed!

Killed? Me? Why?

Jimin: I just wanted her to be safe so I let her go. This time that I had the chance to win her back, nothing! I failed!

Jung: Hyung, stop. We know you just broke up with her because some mysterious psycho threatened to kill her..

What?

Jimin: But I should have protected her than letting her go. I should have kept her.

Jung: Hyung, that psycho was deadly we know you considered that option but, what happened? Mr. Yoo was shot, Jihyo was harmed. Hyung you just chose the safer choice.

Really? He left me because he chose to save me from an unknown person. What he is saying is true I know it, he tells the truth when he is drunk.

I felt a sting in my heart.

Have I hated him so much just because he saved my life. My family's life. But what he did to me also killed me. I would prefer to be killed once by some unknown caller than him killing me every single day..

Jimin: But, I should have taken a risk. Who knows maybe we already have a family by now if I chose to keep her....

Jin: Chim, stop blaming yourself, you also suffered for years and if I were on your shoes I would also choose what you chose. If I love someone I would rather watch them from afar than watch them killed right in front of me.

I thought of what he said. If I was on his shoes maybe I also would choose the safer decision...

Jung: And hyung you did not just save her, you saved your child and the rest of her family. What if noona was harmed and she was carrying your baby? They both will be harmed if you chose to keep her.

He saved me, my family and my child. What have I done? He saved us but, because I was careless we still lost Charlotte..

Jimin: I love her, Mahal ko siya nang sobra sobra. I can't take it anymore. I would lose her again for the second time and I lost the most important persons in my life because of my decision...

Jin: Chim we know that you love her and you always will. You even looked for her everywhere but, she was no where to be found. When she was rising you chose not to go to her because you don't want to hurt her for the second time....

Then the things he said to me flashed in my mind

Picking the flower was like the story of a man and the woman he loved most but, he need to let her go, to keep her....

Let's just say that I was like a child who was lost in the forest because I tried to save a small little bird from harm....

He left me because, he loved me.

Oh, Jeongyeon, what have you done? You shouldn't have hated him like that before. You should have let your heart open and ask him his reason when he was already ready to tell it. But you were so scared....

I ran to my office and fixed my things, I was already tearing up. I felt both sadness and anger within me. I am sad because I was so selfish all he did was to save my family. I felt anger within me because he should have told me his reason so, that we can face that problem together before! He should have told me! Maybe these things wouldn't have happened!

I drove my car towards my home and I look very wasted. I have cried so much already.

I entered the house and my sisters looked at me with worried faces.

Nayeon: Jeongie, what happened?
she stood up

I frowned, I sobbed louder. I ran to her and hugged her. She rubbed my back and my other sisters stood near us.

Nayeon: Jeongie what happened?

I sniffed.

Jeong: Unnie, I was wrong, I was selfish. Unnie....
I tightened my hug

She pulled me to the couch and we sat.

She wiped my tears.

Jihyo: Unnie, tell us what happened?

I calmed myself down

I told them about the things I witnessed a while ago.

After telling them, their expressions are very unexpected.

Jeong: Why what's wrong?

Chae: Uhm, unnie, we know his reason we just knew it recently...

I was confused. How?

Momo: While you were with Jimin oppa sitting on the bench in your farm.

Nayeon: We were taking pictures and we admired you two and expressed our hard feelings for what happened to the both of you then Sana accidentaly blurted out the whole thing...

Flashback

Nayeon and the girls caught the precious moment that Jimin and Jeongyeon have.

They stopped and just admired them.

Chaeyoung let out a sigh

Chae: It is such a pity that they broke up....

Momo: They would have a beautiful family by now if they stayed together...

Mina: Their love was so perfect but, situation wasn't right...

Sana: if it ain't because Jimin oppa left unnie for her safety from that psycho caller.....

Everyone looked at her with shocked faces.

She covered her mouth and her eyes widened. She realized that she just blurted out her oppa's secret.

Mina gave her a glare and Dahyun facepalmed.

Dahyun: Aishhh unnie....

Sana: I am so sorry....

Nayeon and her sisters were curious.

Nayeon: What do you mean?

Sana: I uh-

Momo: Sana what are you talking about?

They kept on asking her questions then, Jimin's sisters thought that they can't hide it anymore from them.

Mina: Unnies...

They all turned their gaze to Mina.

Mina: We promised oppa we wouldn't tell anyone about it, but in this case we must but, promise is that you won't tell Jeongyeon unnie anything...

They all looked at each other and nodded.

Dahyun: After Oppa and Jeongyeon unnie came back from the island, oppa received calls from an unknown number.

Sana: Oppa, told us that the caller was threatening to kill Jeongyeon unnie and her whole family if he won't break up with her....

Dahyun: Oppa refused at first because he loves Jeongyeon unnie, he also had no plan to tell her because, he is sure that Jeongyeon unnie can be a stubborn...

Sana: After he refused, Jihyo unnie was attacked by holdapers right?

Momo, Chae and her unnie recalled that accident.

Mina: On his second no, your father was shot....

The Yoos realized that, that was the reason for the misfortunes that happened to their lives.

Dahyun: Jimin oppa almost lost his mind making a decision. He knew that the caller was dangerous. He can't risk unnie's life nor any of the Yoos' life. He just can't.

Mina: When he made his decision he also lost his mind. He left her to save all of you from harm, from death.....

Tears are forming in the eyes of the girls.

Nayeon: So all this time, he saved us?

The Parks nodded.

Momo: We are so sorry....

Mina held her hand.

Mina: No we are sorry because, we never made things clear with you. We should have told you about this for a a very long time...

The girls cried and they hugged.

End of Flashback

Nayeon and the girls made things clear to me and gave clearer facts.

I sobbed harder.

Jeong: Unnie, I want to thank him but, he still killed me. Yes he saved me from physical death but, he gave me endless pain....

Momo: Unnie, if he didn't do that we are all dead by now. We all had the chance to reach our dreams because of him. And we are sorry if both of you had to sacrifice for that.

Chae: Unnie you must also understand his reason, based on how I know you, If you were on his shoes you would do the same right?

Things are coming back to me now. I was so selfish, I only looked at my pain not his. Chae is right I would have done the same thing.....

Jeong: Oh my gosh, I messed up.

Jihyo: Unnie, he loves you, that's what matters most. He even looked for you....

I realized that I should have taken a risk and gave him another chance. I love him and he feels the same way. Maybe he loved me more than I loved him and it is making me guilty...

I buried my face in unnie's face once again and let my heart cry out.

---Seungyeon---

I was about to go home when I received a phone call from Jin

I answered the call.

I heard Jimin yelling.

Jin: Seungyeon, we need your help. Jimin is drunk again, we don't know what to do to him..
Seung: Arasseo , I'll come.

I ended the call and ran to his office. He kept on yelling.

Jimin: Yah! Jeongyeon! I love you! I love you....

The moment I heard him shout that, he made my heart crack again...

I approached them and tried to stop him yelling.

Jimin: Charlotte! Charlotte! Appa loves you!
he sobbed harder and he threw the bottle. I suspect this is not the first bottle he threw.

He sat on the floor and I was able to pat his shoulder.

Seung: Jimin stop crying....

I gave him a hug and tears fell from my eyes.

I know the truth, the whole truth, more than anyone does.

Yes I know, Jeongyeon lost Charlotte. But she is not totally gone. I can't tell anyone about Charlotte.

She is not really gone from this world. She is alive. I witnessed everything that day.

I was there the day the fire started in their house. I was there.

Flashback

Citizen: Call for help!

Seungyeon was watching as the house of Jeongyeon's family is burned.

She watched it.

She decided to climb their house because, it was planned. She planned on getting the child. She planned on getting Charlotte.

When she was able to enter the room of the child through the window she saw the unconcious Jeongyeon on the floor.

The baby was crying, she grabbed the child in her arms and she grabbed a blanket to cover them.

Then she heard Mr. Yoo and Taehyung shouted.

Tae: Jeongyeon!

She hurried and ran to the window with the child. She climbed the ladder and made sure that her grip on the child will be enough for her not to fall.

She successfully reached the ground and she removed the ladder to avoid any suspection.

The back of their home is deserted so that is why it was easy for her to get the child and climb down without being seen

She pulled the ladder to the nearby forest. She entered her car and placed the child carefully on the back seat. She gave the child a bottle of milk to stop her from crying. She destroyed the ladder into pieces and she kept it at the back of her car. She drove far from the house and she threw the pieces of ladder into different random places that were far from each other.

It is she who took Charlotte.

End of Flashback

It was me who got Charlotte and it is only me who knows that she is alive and where she is right now.

No one should know that I know where she is or else, I'll harm myself.

Charlotte is alive.

-------------------------------------------
Please don't hate Seungyeon unnie. This is just a work of fiction. There are more things to discover....

Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 3.6K 45
"You are Real, We are Real"
43.6K 2.6K 53
Your typical romance college story #1 in BangTwice
83.7K 3.6K 34
Satzu family story. G!p tzuyu
87.9K 5K 57
"What is love taste like?"