May 5, 2014

By mixeddollrria

She left him 2 years ago to go chase fame. He had no clue about how to raise or care for a child, let alone a... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
❗️New story out❗️
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
Not an Update
68.
69.
70.
71.
Not An Update (Pt2)
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
Epilogue

23.

3.9K 206 107
By mixeddollrria

It's the first week of April.

I graduate in two months and Chris and Royalty's birthday is the next month.

Chris and I haven't talked since the end of February when we broke up, but Royalty and I FaceTime every other weekend, and I even got the pleasure of visiting her a few weekends ago. Other than that, it has been boring, but for the most part the single life has been good to me.

I'm not having any shady shit done to me, I'm not worried about what one could and has been doing— I'm fine.

My internship is going great too! And I'm almost finished with school, there's no complaints.

I plan to go down to North Carolina this weekend to pay my mom a visit, I know she's going to question where Chris and Royalty are but I'll simply express how they weren't able to make it.

In all, I'm surprised Chris hasn't even at least attempted to reach out or falsely apologize. He either moved on during the break up, or shortly after or he just really believed the lies his mother fed him and decided to not mess with me from there.

And, I'm fine with that. I guess we weren't meant to be. I'm kind of glad I hadn't talked to him or that we haven't seen each other, so I won't be tempted to fall back in his arms again and go back on my words.

"You ready?" Lauren came into my room and asked

It's the weekend and we're about to go ouuuut!

I can't wait. I've been anticipating on the weekend for the longest. I've been so busy working and studying and doing homework that I haven't had time to even spend with my best friend like we previously begin doing.

"Yes, I'm ready girl!" I said and straightened out my dress before grabbing my small crossover purse and following behind her.

"You look so yummy, girl. I hope you catch a nigga eye!" Lauren said as we walked to her car.

"Me? You look good too!" I replied back

I have on this black dress with a slit and some gold heels with a small dainty necklace on. I put on a dark jean jacket just so I won't be cold. My hair is flat ironed down the middle, I look good. I even feel good.

Lauren has on a red tube dress and some silver heels and her dyed, blonde, curled hair just makes her outfit pop. She had a light denim jacket to go over her, we're so bomb tonight.

It's not really cold out surprisingly, it's just severe windy ness , but we're in a car so we're fine in these dresses.

We're about to go to this grand opening to this club downtown. I can't wait to get fucked up and I'm not even a drinker, but I haven't been out in two months.

Lauren suggested we get an Uber back if we feel we're too fucked up.

"I know i'ma be leaving with somebodies man tonight." Lauren said and stuck her tongue out.

I chuckled, "Girl it's not cute to take someone else's man or brag about it." I said

She smacked her lips, "I know girl, let me talk my shit!" She said and playfully rolled her eyes.

"I hope you actually dance tonight too, because you be acting all shy and shit." Lauren said

"I'll try, girl, I'll try. I just don't like the attention and the thought of everyone's eyes on me." I explained

"Only one going to be watching you is me." She said and winked.

I smiled in return.

Let's hope for the best tonight.

Chris

It seemed like black dresses was the trend tonight. Almost every female I eyed had on black dresses. They looked good, but damn where's the color?

Why am I trippin' anyway as if I plan on taking any of 'em home, it'd be nice though cause a nigga ain't had none for almost 2 months and a half.

I could've, because who doesn't wanna fuck wit' me, but I'm not fully over India yet and I still feel there's a hope for us.. but I don't know, it's not looking like it is.

"This club is definitely packed." Dre said as he came to our reserved table.

The rest of the guys was somewhere around here.

We were sitting at a table that had a hookah lit and drinks surrounding it, I'm liking this new club.

"It's the grand opening, what you expect?" I chuckled

"Shut up, I'm just glad yo' cousin was able to watch Royalty though, we ain't been out in forever so I was hoping you could come." He said and sat next to me.

"Right so now that I'm here, we can get lit in peace." I said and poured a shot.

I wasn't trying to get fucked up tonight, but I do wanna take a few shots and hit a few blunts— I deserve it, I been stressed out since forever.

"What's wit' all these black dresses?" Dre said

"That's what I said." I chuckled

"They look good though, no lie." I added

"Right so go pick you one.."

"Naw I'm good." I said, although I was eyeing a few of 'em since they walked in.

"I like shorty over there in the red dress, she look decent from here and her red dress just standing out." Dre said

"Make yo move then, son. I'm all for it." I shrugged

"What you be sayin' to these girls though cause my thing is, you can never get to gettin' their number." I laughed

"I ain't gone lie, I be corny as hell." He replied

"Stop tryna use pick up lines bro and just have a normal conversation, I bet it'll work."

"I'll holla back at you if it's a success." He chuckled while walking away.

I could've gotten up to walk around a bit, maybe meet a few people or get a new drink but I was cool in this lil section I was in. Once I zoned out, blocking all the noise and my surroundings, I was allowed to think and reflect on a lot.

My wrongs.

India

"Lauren, I don't think I need another drink— I'm gettin' a lil too lit." I said after downing the 4th or 5th shot that was placed in front of me.

"Girl..." She said while pouring two more

"You said you wanted to get lit now you copping out, un uh, here." She said and placed the shot in front of me.

I gave in and took the shot to the head.

"Excuse me beautiful.." I heard someone say, both Lauren and I turned our heads.

He was eyeing me, "I seen you when you walked in but didn't know if you'd have a guy or something trailing in soon afterwards but from the looks of it, I don't think one has came along... would you mind if I buy you a drink?" He asked

I slightly smiled, "Sure." I replied

"What would you like?" He asked

"I'm not sure, I don't really have a favorite." I said

"Well I'm going to order my favorite, see if you like it." He said and ordered a drink.

I waited on the drink and then it was placed in front of me seconds later.

I took a small sip from it and nodded, "Yeah, I do like this."

"And I like you so, where do we go from here?" He smiled

I chuckled, "Nice." I nodded

"Can I get your number maybe? I'm Darrell by the way." He said

"I'm India, and sure." I replied

He placed his phone in my hand and I typed my number in and handed him his phone back.

"You ladies enjoy your night." Darrell said and walked away.

"Ooouuu, girl and he's cute! I hoped you would catch a nigga's eye tonight and look what god did, you caught one." Lauren teased

I smiled and nudged her shoulder.

Not even seconds later someone approached her.

"Hey beautiful, how you doin'?" The guy said to her, it was dim but he looked oh so familiar. I couldn't pin point where I knew him from though.

"Why thank you, and I'm doing fine tonight, and you?" Lauren asked

"I was doing okay but I'm doing great since I seen you." He smiled

"Well that's always good." Lauren replied

"So how do you feel about me getting your number? Maybe getting to know you more."

"I'd like that." She said

He placed his phone in her hand and she entered her number.

"So what you up to tonight?" He asked

"I'm just chillin' at the bar with my best friend right now." Lauren said and pointed to me.

He looked up, "Aw, I know you... hey India!" He said

"Wait.. how do you know me? I'm sorry."

"Chris, I'm Dre, Chris's friend." He replied

"Aw yeah! Hey!" I said

I bet Chris is here with him.

"How you been? I ain't been seeing you around." He said

I made a 'nigga really' face.

"I'm almost sure you know that him and I aren't together anymore." I replied

"Chris was telling me something around that but I didn't know y'all actually officially broken up, that's crazy. It was good seeing you though.. and, Chris is here if you want me to call him over here." Dre explained

"I'm good." I replied

"Yeah, she's good. But, text me later on." Lauren said to Dre.

"I got you, y'all enjoy y'all night." Dre said and walked away.

"Girl I did not know that was Chris's friend." Lauren said

"Yeah, I didn't even remember that that was his friend." I said

"If you want me to not communicate with—"

"Girl, no! Go ahead. Dre has nothing to do with Chris.. they're only going out buddies not the best of friends." I said

"Besides, and if they were I still wouldn't want you to stop talking to him. Get yo man, sis." I said and smiled

"Alriiiight." Lauren replied

We took down a few more shots before we decided we wanted to go to the dance floor and shake some.

"Yes, get loose girl." Lauren said as I danced on her, then she danced on me. We just had a good time.

...

"I'm so dizzy now." I complained as we walked to a seat section.

"Yes, I'm not drinking anymore, I can't even see straight." Lauren said

She laid her head on my shoulder as I dazed in and out while scrolling on my phone.

The club was almost empty now.

"Lauren, how do you order an Uber?" I said

I'm not even slow, I've ordered Uber's before, but my mind seems clouded and me being drunk makes it hard to even think.

"Laurennn.." I whined while nudging her, she was knocked out on my shoulder.

"Y'all got a way home?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked up and met eyes with Chris, "ugh..." I said

"I know I'm the last person you wanna see but it wouldn't sit well with me if I just leave y'all here drunk off y'all asses." He explained

"We don't need your help, we can get home on our own." I said while still trying to figure out how to work this Uber shit.

He sighed, "I knew you was gone act like this.. come on." Chris said and pulled me up, placing me over his shoulder.

"Dre!" I heard him yell and Dre came to the rescue and scooped Lauren up. She was knocked out man.

"Put me down, Chris." I said

"India shut up." He said as we walked outside.

Dre put Lauren in his front seat of his car and Chris put me in his front seat, buckling me in.

"Trail behind me." Chris said as he walked to the drivers side.

I pouted the whole ride to my place, and I can't even say why I'm pouting.

"Did you enjoy yourself tonight?" Chris asked

"And why do you care?" I said and rolled my eyes.

He sighed and shook his head.

We arrived to my place and he pulled me out of the car, carrying me bridal style. Dre pulled up right behind him.

"Where's your keys?" He asked

"They're in my purse." I said

He let me down and allowed me to lean on his shoulder while he grabbed my keys out. He unlocked the door and walked me up the stairs with Dre following behind.

"I think that one Lauren's room." Chris said before he went into my room.

He sat me on the bed and took off my heels, laid my purse somewhere and grabbed the bonnet I had on my night stand and placed it on my head.

"Sleep tight, baby." He said and kissed my forehead.

He cracked the door to my bedroom and shortly after, I heard him and Dre talking. I couldn't listen in on what because I was beat for the night and fell right asleep.

——

The next morning I woke up with my bedroom garbage can next to my bed, some ginger ale and some aspirin. I definitely needed the ginger ale and aspirin, this headache and stomach ache was killing me.

After laying there for a while, I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and texted Lauren since I didn't feel like getting up.

You up?
11:43 AM Sent to Lauren ❤️

I pulled down my notification screen and seen that I actually had a text message from Chris.

Chris: I hope you don't mind, I left last night with your keys to go get you.. well y'all some aspirin and ginger ale cause I know them hangovers could be a mf... when I came back I put yo keys on the dresser in your room. I hope you feel better and even tho you mad at me , still love you boo.
6:45 AM

Thanks, Chris. 😙
11:50 AM

End of chapter ... hope ya liked. Sorry for any mistakes.
Ria 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 191 22
Jade, a shy and observed girl let's her insecurities and doubts interfere with what many think could be a, "good thing" but something, someone, chang...
450 4 14
My brother and sister and my mom and dad is out of town for 50 months. So dream la boys babysit me for 50 months.
140K 7.1K 22
"I hired a babysitter. A woman." "I know. But I appeared to be the only free one among the staff."
9.7K 474 17
Read to find out ☺️🤞🏾