May 5, 2014

By mixeddollrria

She left him 2 years ago to go chase fame. He had no clue about how to raise or care for a child, let alone a... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
❗️New story out❗️
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
Not an Update
68.
69.
70.
71.
Not An Update (Pt2)
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
Epilogue

19.

4.2K 203 78
By mixeddollrria

Chris is getting ready for work, he has to be there by 5. I get here at no less than 4:50, since it only takes 20 minutes to get here, by the time I'm pulling up he's getting ready to leave out.

This time he wasn't. I still seen his car parked outside.

I knocked on the door and it abruptly flew open.

An anxious Chris opened the door then proceeded to what he was doing which looked as if he was running around the house.

"What's goin' on? You lookin' for something?" I asked while closing the door. The living room looked all out of tact.

"He lost his work shirt." Royalty said and grabbed onto me.

"Chris.." I said and he stopped and turned around.

"What? I'm already late." He said with slight attitude.

I mentally rolled my eyes, "Your work shirt is in your top drawer." I said

"How could I forget? Thanks." He said and jogged up his stairs.

He came down minutes later and threw on his coat and some ACG boots.

"Alright, love you." He said and kissed Royalty's forehead.

"See you later, lil bit." He said and kissed my cheek.

Then jetted out of the door.

I sighed and looked around while taking off my coat and boots.

"I'm hungry." Royalty said

"Daddy didn't feed you?" I asked while we walked to the kitchen.

She shook her head no.

"Well I ate very early ago." She said, and I cracked a smile.

"So you ate this morning but you didn't get anything for lunch? He must've been overly anxious." I said aloud

I looked around in the cabinets while she sat at the island and watched me.

I found something for lunch and even got an idea about what I'd make for dinner.

"Although I found something, he does need to go grocery shopping." I said, not expecting a response.

"He does. He ran out of my fruit snacks." She said

I smiled and put together something for lunch for her, something that'd keep her content these next few hours until I prepare dinner.

While she ate I cleaned the kitchen. Did the dishes, wiped the sink and counter down and swept. I started washing the clothes that were piling up in the laundry room and then went to the living room.

"Is your room dirty, baby?" I asked Royalty after she finished eating, while I picked up the few pieces of trash on the table, then placed the throw pillows back on the couch.

"A little." She replied

"Can you be the doll you are and go pick some of the things that are messy?" I asked

"Okay." She said and joyfully went up the stairs.

She's the greatest.

Chris has this house looking a mess, luckily I'm almost done down here.

I pulled the vacuum out and vacuumed the living room and down the hall.

After I was finished, I lit an incense and downstairs was all set.

I jogged up the stairs to go see how far Royalty had gone, so I could help her.

"Oh you did great!" I said, seeing her attempting to make her bed. No toys were out and everything was in place.

She smiled and continued making her bed.

"I'll be right back." I said and walked towards the bathroom, but stopped when I peeked in Chris' room and seen how messy it was.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I'm not obligated to clean his room— or his house, but I just hate seeing things messy and I'd like to think on a regular day his house wouldn't be this out of order.

I made his bed, and straightened up anything else in his room that was out of order.

"Now I'm done." I said and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Mommy, someone is knocking on the door." Royalty came in the room and said.

I didn't even hear the door.

I walked downstairs with Royalty's hand in mine.

I checked in the peep hole and seen it was Chris's mom, what does she want?

I rolled my eyes a billion times before opening the door.

"Hey." I said once we made eye contact.

"Oh, he has you answering his doors now?" She said

"He's actually not here, he's at work." I said

"Oh I forgot he started today.." she said and rolled her eyes, standing there with her hands in her pockets and just looking away.

"Well don't just stand there, let me in chile, it's cold!" She added

This woman.

I stepped aside and let her walk in.

"Hi grandma!" I heard Royalty say and hugged her

"Hey baby." She said and hugged her back.

Chris isn't here, what'd she come in for?

"Did my grand baby eat?" She said and looked at her

Like I'm going to have her over here starving.

Royalty nodded her head, "Mommy made me something to eat." She said

"Yeah, she ate no less than an hour ago.." I said

"Excuse me." I said and walked away

"Where you goin' ? I'm about to get out of here in a few minutes." Joyce said

"The bathroom." I said

"Hm, what for? Feel like you gotta throw up? You not pregnant are you?" She said

"You never heard of someone going to the bathroom to pee or something of such?" I said and made a face

She brushed me off and continued talking to Royalty.

This woman is literally out of her mind and I have no idea how Chris can even tolerate her. She's a walking migraine.

I finished using the bathroom, washed my hands then went back out to Royalty and her grand-witch.

"Tell Chris I stopped by, matter of fact I'll let him know myself— and you should really start cleaning up around here, it's starting to look a mess." She said and closed the door.

I grabbed the throw pillow and screamed in it, she really likes getting under my skin.

"I told grandma you did really nice cleaning up, I don't know why she said it looks a mess." Royalty said 

I smiled, "Thank you, baby."

At 8 I prepared dinner, Royalty and I ate while looking at TV.

"Daddy never lets me eat in the living room, he says I always have to eat at the table." Royalty said

"Why do you think you have to eat at the table?"

"Because I make messes." She said

"Well I think you're a big girl, and that it's okay to break rules sometimes— especially daddies." I said and winked.

She smiled back to me and finished eating.

After we both were finished, I put Chris's plate in the microwave and washed out ours.

"Bath time." I said to Royalty

She ran upstairs and got ready for her bath.

After her bath, I sat in there with her as usual until she fell asleep.

I kissed her forehead and went into the living room and started on my homework. When Chris gets home I'm going to head home, although I usually stay the night but I miss rolling around my bed plus I like to have my space from time to time.

10:45 got here and that's when I heard Chris's car in the driveway. I looked out the window and seen him getting out of the car.

I sat back on the couch and awaited for the front door to open.

"You cleaned up, thank god." I heard Chris say

"Hey to you too." I replied

"Yeah, my bad, hey baby." He said and kissed my forehead.

"How you feelin'? How ya day go?" I asked

"It was fine, I'm just tired." He said

"Well after you shower and eat your dinner we can talk about it." I said

"And you cooked." He said and shook his head walking towards the stairs.

"Where's Royalty?"

"She's asleep. She already ate and bathed." I said

"My girl." He said and jogged up the stairs.

He spent at least 15 minutes in the shower then came back downstairs.

I warmed his plate in the microwave and sat next to him on the couch.

"I like working in a warehouse..." he said while he ate

"You do?"

"Yeah, I like doin' shit like that, and they pay good." He replied

"That's great, I'm glad you had a good day. Your mom stopped by today." I added and he side eyed me

"She did?" He said and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah... she's a damn mess too. I mean no harm but I sincerely hate when she comes by while I'm here alone. She uses that moment to the best of her advantage— talks crazy and everything, Chris." I said

He nodded his head, "I understand, babe. What she say?" He asked

"She first asks did I feed Royalty, as if I'm going to have this girl in here starving, then when I said I had to use the bathroom— she starts questioning me asking if I'm pregnant and before she left she knew I cleaned up but says I should start cleaning up because the house is a mess. No disrespect but your mother is crazy." I said

"I know... but she means no harm, just making sure Royalty is straight that's all."

"So asking if I'm pregnant is making sure Royalty is fine? Making sure the house is clean is making sure Royalty is fine? All that other crazy shit is making sure Ro is good?" I said and made a face

He rolled his eyes, "India..."

"I'm just askin' Chris, because you're defending her as if I'm just going crazy." I said

"You're not." He nonchalantly said

"Right." I said and stood up

"Well I'm going to get ready to go, I have homework to do and my own house to be cleaning." I said and walked to the door to put my shoes on.

"I thought you was stayin' the night." Chris said

"No, I miss my own bed." I said and put my coat on.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Okay, man."

"Goodnight." I said and opened the door. He didn't reply, and I left out.

I understand that's his mother but right is right, and wrong is wrong.

When I got home I grabbed my book bag and got out. As I walked towards the steps I could hear yelling but I figured it was the neighbors.

I unlocked the door with my key and the moment the door opened a lamp was flying in my direction, so lucky I ducked.

"What the hell is goin' on?" I said, now seeing the Lauren and Devon were both in a heated argument.

I dropped my book bag at the door.

"How was I cheating, Lauren?" I heard Devon say

"Devon, there's a whole picture of you literally kissing this girl, all caked up and everything!" Lauren yelled

"Calm down, Lauren. Devon just go 'cause she's not gonna shut up, she's only gonna get angrier." I said

He shook his head and walked towards the door.

"Alright man, call me when you make some sense." Devon said and left out.

"Now tell me what happened." I said and took my coat off while sitting on the couch.

"I so happen to run into a picture on Snapchat and was looking at an ex friend's snap, it looked like Devon in this picture kissing this girl but I just thought I was looking too hard, then I kept watching and there's actually a video of them— hugged up, everything. Then when I bring it to his attention when he came by, he lied to me saying it wasn't him or some shit." She said and wiped her face and started picking up the mess.

"Oh yeah, he's foul for that. I'll clean up what ever is left, go take a shower and cool off— I bought some wine the other day, we can sip on that and talk shit about our niggas when you're done." I said

"Okay." She said and gave a faint smile and headed upstairs.

I settled in and cleaned up the remained of what was left, which wasn't really much. When she got out of the shower she said she felt really refreshed and she's over it since she had her eye on someone else anyway.

We sat down on the couch, a few blankets over us and had our glasses of wine. We shared lots of laughs to the point where we forgot why we were even mad, shortly after we crashed next to each other right on the couch.

End of chapter.. excuse the mistakes, hope ya liked.. thoughts?
Ria 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 8.4K 41
9.8K 474 17
Read to find out ☺️🤞🏾
3.5K 47 10
This story is about how a young girl survived her abusive father through learning. When she was a little girl her family was very poor, and the death...
710K 25.4K 39
please read, leave feedback, and share. ❤️