The Boy Next Door.

By 1D_fanfic123

Mia is a ordinary 21 year old girl who still lives at home with her mum and dad. Her best friend (Victoria) w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Final Chapter.

Chapter 18

722 33 5
By 1D_fanfic123

Harry's Pov.

"Harry. Wake up." I feel my body being shook.

"Harry, you really should go home." I see Max standing before me.

Mia has only recently been coming around but not for long, she will open her eyes and then just fall back to sleep again. This is her third day in hospital and I still have not been home from arriving here when she was rushed in.

"Max stop worrying, I'm fine." I sit up to allow Max to take a seat next to me.

The hospital still won't let me sit in with Mia at night, so I just lie across the seats outside of her room.

"Harry you have been in for three days solid, you need to go home and have a proper sleep. Don't take this offensively, but you look dreadful." Well cheers Max.

"I said that I wouldn't leave until I knew she was awake and okay, so I am keeping to my promise." I wipe the sleep from my eyes.

I feel dirty as hell! I gave Max access to my house to go and get me some clan clothes, but I still feel dirty.

"Well hopefully today will be the day." Max says.

"What for?" I'm confused.

"For Mia to wake up." He points out the obvious.

It is true. Mia has been coming around a little more with each day that passes. Even though each day will drag, it is worth it just to see Mia with a bit more movement to her body. She may only open her eyes for a second before closing them again, but at least it is something. Anything is better than nothing right?

"Yes. Hopefully." I nod.

"Come on let's go and see her." Max stands

Yesterday, they allowed Max and I to both go into the room together instead of one at a time.

Mia's parents have only been a couple of times, and they didn't even have the decency to stay with her. If it wasn't for Max and I, Mia would have been here on her own. I don't know what it is, but that family has something against hospitals, and I don't know what it is? I know that hospitals are everyone's least favourite place to visit, but if they are there to help somebody that you care about, I don't see what the big deal is.

Walking into her room, I take a seat to the right side of the bed, and Max takes a seat on the left side.

"These places are quite depressing aren't they?" Max speaks.

"Yeah too right they are." I agree. Everyone you see just looks so gormless. In the coffee room, even when it is packed everyone stays silent. It is like something of a horror film, just being stared at twenty for seven. The first couple of days, it did creep me out quite a lot, but now I have come to terms with it.

The room falls silent and we just look at Mia, her breathing is calm and steady. Just how it should be.

"M..." Mia's little mumble catches are attention.

"Mia." Max and I say at the same time, with full of excitement in our voices.

"Ma..." Mia moves her body a little, slowly wriggling underneath the covers.

We both stay silent to try and work out what Mia is trying to say.

"Max." She tries to open her eyes, but struggles.

"Mia. It is okay I'm here." Max walks around the side of the bed to my side, meaning it is the way Mia is facing at this moment in time.

"What...happened?" Finally her eyes are wide open.

"Harry?" Full confusion crosses her face.

"Yeah I'm here too." I smile slightly. The way she pronounced my name, I don't know whether she is happy to see me here or not?

"What? How?" You can tell Mia wants a lot of questions answered.

"You feel down the stairs Mia. You have not been well for a few days. The doctors gave you a drug that would make you sleep to rest the full of your body." Max explains.

"How long...have I been in here for." She tries to sit up but collapses back down.

"Come here, let me help you." I stand. Gently putting a grip around Mia's arms, I prop her into a seating position. As soon as she is comfortable, I shake the pillows and place them behind her back to give her more comfort.

Maybe this is a little awkward because the last time Mia seen me was when I kissed her. By her reaction of running inside, I don't think that she liked it.

"I want to stay but I really need to go to the toilet, I will be back in a minute." Max walks out of the room.

Wow. Now this is awkward!

"Urm why are you here?" Mia asks.

"Well because...well I don't really know. Max rang and told me about you so I thought I would come and see you." I shrug.

"Oh." Is all she says.

Well at least I could have a conversation with her when she was asleep, now I feel as the cat has my tongue and I can't speak at all.

"How are you feeling?" Come on, what else can I ask?

"Weak, worn out, sick." Yeah maybe that is why you are in hospital.

"With all of the medication that they have pumped into you, in a couple of days you will be feeling on top of the world." I laugh a little.

"Oh yeah. I wish." She smiles, lifting her hand to her head where she has the cut.

"Yeah you cut you head too." I say.

"That doesn't surprise me. I am so clumsy." She replies.

Where the hell has Max got too? This is really awkward and I need some conversation going.

Just as my thought's get carried away, the room door soon opens and Max enters the room. Finally!

As Max makes some conversation with Mia, I stay silent just listening to the both of them talk.

"Should I let mum and dad no?" Max asks.

"No." Mia shakes her head.

"Yes." I say.

"I said no." She snaps. Okay well somebody is due on.

"They need to know Mia they are your parents." I look at her.

"I don't care who they are, I don't want them knowing yet." She furrows her eyebrows.

"Okay whatever, calm down." I roll my eyes.

"Don't tell me to calm down."

"Bloody hell Mia chill out!" I raise my voice.

"Just go." She looks away.

"What?" What does she mean.

"Just go Harry, I'm not up for arguing." She repeats.

"No I will not just go." I refuse. What is she talking about?

"Harry please just leave!" She pleads.

"Fuck no! I'm not arguing with you s what is your problem?" I raise my hands.

"You are arguing now. Harry just go home!" She looks at me for the last time.

Now she has really pissed me off. I have been here worried to death about her, and now she is awake she is telling me to leave.

Should I just ignore her and just stay anyway? Or should I just listen to her commands and go home anyway?

I take a look between her and Max and they both have their heads down. Standing to from my seat, I stomp over to the door and slam it closed behind me.

"FUCK!" I kick the chairs that I have been sleeping on down the corridor.

"Sir please calm down, you are in a hospital." The nurse that I have spoken to many of times appears behind me.

"Do not tell me to calm down! And for the fucking last time it is Harry. Not sir just Harry, is that hard for you to remember?" I shout as she cowers back.

"I just heard your conversation with Mia meaning I was outside, if this is about her telling you to leave don't take it to heart. Si...Harry you have to remember that Mia has a lot of medication in her body right now and if will confuse her mind. She will get sudden mood swings and won't mean half of the things that she says." The nurse explains. Too right that she has mood swings alright!

Steadying my breathing, I just look back to Mia's room.

"Harry go home, freshen up and then come back later tonight when you have both calmed down okay." The nurse says to me.

"Fine!" I grunt before making my way down the corridor.

Mia's Pov.

I may seem like a bitch telling Harry just to leave like that but I'm too weak to argue with him. I don't know how I feel, I want to cry and hit my head against a brick wall. I hate being in hospital! Apparently I have been in for a few days and I can't remember any of it. My head is sore and I have the worst headache every.

"How are you Max?" I ask.

"Okay I guess." He shrugs.

"What is wrong with you now?" I can tell something is not right.

"Nothing." He is a terrible liar.

"Don't lie. Come on tell me." I say.

"Okay then I will. You were way out of line speaking to Harry like that then." He looks at me.

"Why was I? I just wasn't in the mood for arguing." This is the truth.

"No Mia,you was the one who snapped at him first. Harry is the one who has been here for three days solid! He has been sleeping here, and has not left your side once. He hasn't even eaten for god sake! Harry has been making sure I get home safely, getting me lift and everything. So the way you just treated him was wrong." Max looks pretty disgusted.

"What? Harry has been here since I arrived and been sleeping?" I'm surprised.

"Yes!" Max shakes his head.

"But the way he told me, it was like he had just arrived here this morning." I state.

"Come on by now you should know that Harry does not explain himself properly." Max replies.

"True." I nod.

"You should apologise."

"Fine, I promise I will." And Max is right, I should apologise for my actions. I don't know why I took it to heart to be honest.

"Well that is if he comes back." Will Harry come back, because if he spoke to me the way I just spoke to him, I don't think I would.

"He is a good guy Mia."

"I gathered." I sigh.

"Do you like him?" Max smirks.

"Of course not. No" Yes!

"Don't lie." He laughs.

"I'm not, me and Harry are just friends." I state.

"Sure you are. More like friends with benefits." Max carries on.

"Max!" I swat his arm. That is not true, we don't use each other for sex.

"Okay, okay." Max raises his arms in surrender.

"Good!" I laugh.

"So you telling me a friend would stay in a hospital for three days solid and not leave your side." He raises his eyebrows.

"He was just being caring. Nothing more." I say on behalf of Harry.

"I will believe you for now." He smirks once again.

"Well you better." I roll my eyes.

"How long do you think you will be in here for?" Max asks.

"I'm not sure, I hope not too long though because even though I have not long woken up I am already bored."

"Thanks so I'm boring now." Max and his cheeky ways I will never miss.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." I say.

After talking to Max for a while longer, I begin to get tired again but I don't want to fall to sleep. I have been to sleep way longer than I should have anyway.

"Mia you know I hate leaving you, but I have an exam at school and it is quite important so I best go and do it." Max looks sad.

"What Max just go. I will be fine. You have been here for a while now, you must be bored yourself." I lean over to give him a hug.

"I will be back after school okay." He hugs back.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I smile.

"Okay get some rest." Max sounds like a doctor.

"I will, see you soon." I wave.

"Bye Mia." He waves back before exiting my room.

Now I am left on my own and it is giving me time to think about the way I acted with Harry and how stupid I was. He most likely won't come back now, I don't really blame him.

Now it is just me here, all alone in my hospital bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 188 59
Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of six. Embittered mother gives her an adv...
678 79 30
Mia has gone through it all and when she finally moves to start afresh she is introduced to a whole new world with its own culture and ways. Along w...
919 12 8
Mia a party girl who moved to LA 5 years ago but it wasn't until she met a certain nightclub owner that her life changed for the better. Mia thought...
1.4K 17 45
Mia settles in a new place. She befriends Luke and is excited to start school with him. However, she has strange encounters in school and is in for a...