The Boy Next Door.

By 1D_fanfic123

Mia is a ordinary 21 year old girl who still lives at home with her mum and dad. Her best friend (Victoria) w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Final Chapter.

Chapter 4

898 58 18
By 1D_fanfic123

Harry's Pov.

I'm woke up by hearing a noise at my front door. 

"Wow you got that smashed last night, you couldn't even make it up to bed." Zayn hands me a cup of coffee as I sit myself up on the couch.

"I don't even remember last night." I groan.

*Scratch*

"What the hell is that noise?" I look at Zayn.

"Something seems to be at the door." He replies.

Meaning Zayn has no intention to go and open the door I suppose I best go and do it myself. As I open the door I'm greeted by a black Labrador. 

"I didn't know we had a dog." Niall walks down the stairs.

"We don't." I state.

"Well is that a elephant then?" He mocks me.

"Fuck off." I say as I bend down to pat the dogs head. What else am I suppose to do? 

"I'm sure that dog lives somewhere around here, I've seen it before." Niall stares at the dog. I don't reply just stay silent still stroking the dog's head. This mut better not bite me otherwise I will not be responsible for my actions.

I feel around it's neck to try and find some sort of name tag. It doesn't take me long to find one.

Buddy

Is what the name tag reads. I turn it over to look for a number. When I find one I begin to dial the digits into my phone until I hear a voice coming from down the drive way.

"Buddy there you are." The young boy who I played football with yesterday walks towards us.

"Is he yours?" Stupid question.

"Yeah, well no he is Mia's. She will be so happy once she knows he has been found, she has been worried sick all night. Mia loves that dog to bits." I think the boys name is Max. 

As the brown haired boy takes his mobile phone out of his pocket I keep a grip onto Buddy.

"Hiya Mia, Harry has found Buddy he is safe and sound so will go and put him in the house now....No I'm not....Yes...What's with all the questions?...I'm fine...Maybe well I think so...Have fun...Mia you talk way too much, I'm going to put Buddy in the house then I'm going around to Kian's house, okay bye." Half of that made no sense to me meaning I couldn't hear what Mia was saying.

"Thanks again for keeping Buddy safe." Max takes a hold of the big black dog. I didn't really keep him safe meaning I have only just found him sitting outside my door, but I don't mind taking the credit for it.

"No problem, what did Mia say?" I have no idea why I just asked that.

"Urm...not a lot really. She is just happy Buddy has been found." Max says.

"Where is she anyway?" I question. I'm sure she is not in work today. What is wrong with me? Why do I even give a shit where Mia is. 

"Well I think she has gone to Costa with James, he offered her to go and she said yes. Later I think they are going to the cinema, in my opinion it is a date but Mia wont admit it." Max laughs to himself but soon stops as he sees the look on my face.

Who is James? Is he some sort of boyfriend?

"Anyway I'm late so I'm going to go. See you later, thanks again Harry." Max toddles off down the drive.

Is James the guy who was in the office yesterday? No wait I'm sure he was called Gary or Danny well it's something like that anyway. All I remember is that he was annoying and was really easy to wind up. I should make up a plan to wind him up even more tomorrow. 

As I walk back into the house my head is pounding from all of the strong liquor that I drank last night.

"Do you have any pain killers?" I question Liam.

"Yeah there in the top draw in the kitchen." Liam replies.

I make my way into the kitchen and pull open the draw to get the tablets. As I gulp one down after the other I make my way back into the lounge where Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis are sitting. 

"Is anyone up to going for a Costa?" I offer. I have to find out who this James is.

I know it might sound weird but as much as Mia annoys the hell out of me, I seem to be attracted to her. I feel the need to protect her even though I do the complete opposite widening her up and shit.

"No." Most of them moan.

"I'll come." Niall pops up.

"Come on let's go." I stand grabbing a clean T-shirt of the radiator.

I slip the T-shirt over my head and we make our way out of the door.

"Harry I think we best go in my car." Niall throws his keys high into the air before catching them again.

"Why?" I question.

"Well after how much you drank last night, I don't think you are fit to drive." Niall says. It's true last night I got so smashed for no particular reason just for the fun of it. I like the feeling because all your troubles seem to disappear into thin air.

"Yeah you have a point." I give in to let Niall drive.

Mia'sPov.

I'm now sitting in Costa with James. It has been quite a nice day so far, we have just chilled out and had a chat. I love the fact that I can relax with James, he is so peaceful and doesn't have a care in the world about anything.

"So are you looking forward to work on the weekend." James talks.

"Yeah it's always entertaining." I smile.

"We do have a laugh together." He smiles back.

"Yeah that is true, we do." I agree.

I pick my cup of hot chocolate up to take a sip out off as I notice the coffee shop door open.

"For fuck sake! What is he doing here?" I lean back in my seat sighing as Harry makes his way through the door.

"Who?" James turns to look.

"Harry." I shake my head.

"Wait is he the Harry who was drunk last weekend?" James notices him straight away.

"Yes shamefully it is." I nod trying not to be noticed by Harry.

"Do you know him?" James asks.

"Yes he is now my neighbour from hell." I take another sip of my hot chocolate.

"Why is that?" He asks.

"He parties all night, has roaring music and is really cocky. But now he has a job in my office so I don't only have to live next door to him, I also have to bloody work with him." I groan.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." James laughs.

"Try being me and then tell me how bad it actually is." I laugh.

"You should move out, you're old enough."

"Yeah where too? on the streets, in a bin? I have nowhere." I shrug.

"Get a cheap flat somewhere." He suggests.

"Trust me I would love too, I'm just getting as much money as I can and then I'm moving out." I tap the edge of my cup.

"You really want to move out don't you?" James looks at me.

"Yes I really do. The atmosphere at home is no longer happy. Mum and dad don't seem to get along, they can't even have a full conversation with one another. We were always a happy family but now non of us hardly talk to each other. All mum and dad care about is their jobs, they care so much about their work that they always forget about Max and myself. It makes me angry, I swear down I have brought Max up. I'm the one who picks Max up from school, I'm the one who watches him play his football tournaments and I'm the one who will sit and talk about his day. Mum and dad won't do that, they are just glued to there phones or computer screen twenty for seven." And breath.

"Wow, you never stop." James eyes give me a concerned look.

"Tell me about it." I sigh thinking about everything.

"Mia, you really need to take sometime for yourself. You work two jobs, and go to collage in your spare you. You also look after Max and you look so drained and tired. I'm worried about you Mia you really need to take a brake." James moves in closer.

"Don't worry I'm fine." I try and reassure him. Am I fine? No is the honest truth, I feel so weak and I feel like I could collapse any second. The only thing that keeps me going is Max, I know I have to care for him so he is the reason I still live at home and he is the reason I work so hard to buy him whatever he wants.

"I am worried though, you never stop and think about yourself." James sweeps the hair that had fallen across my forehead away.

"I don't have the time." I can feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Well you need to find some. You will end up in a brake down if you don't slow down now Mia." He looks into my eyes but I look away.

"Come here don't cry." James pulls me close wrapping his arm around my body as I bury my face into his chest.

I stay silent still wrapped in James's arms, I don't want people to see me crying so I keep my face buried into his chest. I've need this little bit of comforting for such a long time, I have nobody to turn too. I always told Victoria everything but now she has gone I can't, yes we Skype and phone call each other most days but it is not the same as having a conversation face to face. But now right here with James telling him my problems has seemed to lift a whole lot of weight of my shoulders. I feel as I have somebody here for me and won't judge me.

"I'm going to the toilet to clean myself up." I sniffle wiping the tip of my nose.

"Okay." James helps me stand to my feet.

I make my way through the door that is signed 'Toilets'. Me being in a world of my own, I walk straight into the door and bump my head.

"Are you okay love?" A sweet woman's voice appears from behind me.

"Yes thank you I'm fine, I'm just so clumsy." I laugh. I've never had any luck, I'm always walking into doors or falling over.

"Okay as long as you're okay." She smiles as she makes her way out of the toilets.

I lift my head up to look myself in the mirror. I look a right mess! Mascara running down my cheeks and my hair is all over the place. I'm such a scruff. I stay in the toilets for a while to clean myself up before making my way back towards James.

Harry is somewhere around because I seen him walk in but I don't know where he is at this moment in time. Since he walked through the door he seemed to disappear because I haven't seen him since, but he is the least of my worries so I don't really care where he is. I'm now going to enjoy the rest of my time with James.

***

"Thanks for today James, it really cheered me up." I give James a hug before getting out of the car and shutting the door.

"You're welcome, I'm always here for you." He says as he winds the window down.

"We will have to do it again sometime soon." I say.

"Yes I would love too. Are you still sure you don't want to go to the cinema?" James offers the the hundredth time. I refused because I'm not feeling 100% and I'm so tired from hardly getting any sleep from Harry partying last night.

"I'm sure, but definitely next time." I smile at the thought.

"Okay I best get going. I will ring you later to see how you are. Okay?" James looks at me.

"Okay, see ya later." I tap the top of the car before walking up to my house.

As I reach the front door, I decide to walk through the back gate to go and see Buddy. Maybe I should thank Harry for saving him? I'm not to keen on that idea though.

"Buddy." I kneel to the floor to stoke him as he runs up towards me.

I make a fuss of him before standing and looking over the fence. Luckily Harry is in the back garden so now is my chance to thank him. He is lay flat out on a lounger as his body takes up the sunlight.

"Harry?" I get his attention.

"What do you want?" Well that's rude.

"I just wanted to say thank you for keeping Buddy safe." I turn back to look at Buddy.

"It's fine now just leave me alone." He snaps.

"What is your problem with me?" I ask.

"Everything you just annoy the hell out of me. Ever corner I then your presence is there ready to wind me up." He doesn't look at me, instead just clenches his jaw and looks up at the sun.

Now that was harsh, I've done nothing to him.

"Well that was uncalled for." I state.

"Just leave me alone Mia and don't talk to me." The words take me back a little because I don't know what I have done so bad to offend him. Harry is the one who annoys me, I've done nothing towards him.  

Just as I'm about to reply back, I decide against it and walk inside of the house. There is so much I want to say to Harry, I want to find out why he hates me. But right there just then was definitely not the right time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 1.2K 46
Mia, a young girl from Manhattan falls in love with Liam who was her former bestfriend. However, the day she decided to confess this to her high scho...
307K 6K 36
My dad invited his friend to stay awhile. Mia has to move in with her dad. Thinking it would be boring, she finds the hottest guy she's ever laid eye...
36.1K 1.2K 50
Mia and Nick grew up together, developing a deep bond of friendship and blossoming love while dealing with less than ideal home lives. As things got...
543K 18.4K 45
When Mia's best friend and long time crush proposes to his girlfriend, she's forced to move on from her hopes of a future with him. ----- After being...