Lose Myself

Par idahwrites

WAS #2 in Romance. -- He's got a secret, she's got a secret. But is it the same secret? Amara A... Plus

Author's Note
Chapter One: A Change
Chapter Two: The Encounter
Chapter Three: The Project
Chapter Four: A Dark Past
Chapter Five: Schwarzer Regen
Chapter Six: Family Day
Chapter Seven: Discovery
Chapter Eight: Flashback (Emilie)
Chapter Nine: Return Home
Chapter Ten: Undercover
Chapter Eleven: Admission
Chapter Twelve: Flashback (Amara)
Chapter Thirteen: Take Care of Me
Chapter Fourteen: The Next Chapter
Chapter Fifteen: Friends
Chapter Sixteen Part One: Understanding
Chapter Sixteen Part Two: Bonding
Chapter Seventeen Part One: Spa Day
Chapter Seventeen Part Two: Family Night
Chapter Eighteen: Sunday Brunch
Chapter Nineteen: Love Me Right
Chapter Twenty: First Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Trouble
Chapter Twenty-Two: Teamwork
Chapter Twenty-Three: Interrogation
Chapter Twenty-Four Part One: Dark Knight
Chapter Twenty-Four Part Two: Angel in White
Chapter Twenty-Five: Stranger From the Past
Chapter Twenty-Six: My Fault
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Thank You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Adventure with Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part One: Merry Merry Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part Two: Suspicion
Chapter Thirty: Extermination
Chapter Thirty-One: Closure
Chapter Thirty-Two: Happy New Year!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Informant
Chapter Thirty-Four: Distant
Chapter Thirty-Five: Brink
Chapter Thirty-Six: Bad Decisions
Thirty-Seven: Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Eight: I'm Sorry
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I Love You
Chapter Forty: You Saved Me
Chapter Forty-One: Independence Day
Chapter Forty-Two: Sitter
Chapter Forty-Three: Back To The Future
Chapter Forty-Four: Nakey In The Lakey
Chapter Forty-Five: Take Me Away With You
Chapter Forty-Six: The Devil's Insurgence
Chapter Forty-Seven: Secret Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Game Plan
Chapter Forty-Nine: Rogue
Chapter Fifty: Bump!
Chapter Fifty-One: Problems From the Past
Chapter Fifty-Two: Tough Love
Chapter Fifty-Three: Waddle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Friction
Chapter Fifty-Five: Hello Baby!
Chapter Fifty-Six: Family Matters
Chapter Fifty-Seven: This Is Us
Important Notice
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Massacre
Chapter Sixty: Squad
Interview: Dominic + Amara
Very Important Notice

Chapter Fifty-Nine: Me and You

16.5K 451 25
Par idahwrites

- 2 months later -

Amara

I felt the chill of the floorboards right through my legs and up my spine, frantically looking around for my slippers and spotting them, I rushed beside the bed and slid my feet inside. Dropping the towel I held on the bed then tightening my ponytail for the umpteenth time, I opened the door and started down the hall. 

Carmyne had been taken off my hands so often lately, I'd barely had enough time alone with my own child. She was about five months old now and happiest in the morning, so whoever got her first would spent the next three hours with her. It was a constant competition. I could hear the giggles before I reached the kitchen.

"What purpose do I serve, honestly?" I shook my head at Alex as she cooed my baby into drinking her milk. She smiled up at me without offering a response, I shrugged to myself pulling out some things to make breakfast.

I heard the pitter patter of Claire, Abrielle and Joane before they appeared. Claire tossing her hair about as she took a seat, followed by Abrielle who yawned and Joane who was rubbing her eyes curiously. I stopped to eye them, they'd gone out again last night and I hadn't seen them return. It was fine, they had a couple of the boys with them but it was becoming a regular thing. Which if you ask me, isn't the most attractive thing.

"What would you ladies like?"

"Aw, thanks mom." Claire mocked, I sent her a glare.

Abrielle cut in, "We're fine with anything Amara."

I nodded continuing with the cooking, Joane had a curious look directed at me so I sent her a look as if saying 'might as well ask.' She followed through, "You've been quite motherly since we moved in, now that I think about it."

I shrugged, "Well before Donna was the mother of the house, things kind of happened and I didn't know much. Now I feel a little responsible for everyone, making sure this house runs smoothly too."

She pouted her lips, nodding slowly in agreement.

"You're cute." Claire commented grabbing the carton of OJ from the fridge and pouring a glass for herself, ever since her newfound unemployment she's been minus ten years in maturity. From mid-twenties to sixteen in a week, the transition had shocked most of us. I was trying hard to think of another hobby she could take up, bored Claire was not fun Claire.

Putting aside Claire's inconsiderate attitude, I turned from the stove gesturing to the carton and asking if anyone else wanted some - earning myself a look from Claire. The minuscule tension passed but at some point an argument may break out about 'who I have a problem with' which I wasn't looking forward to. 

A thump sounded from upstairs but we paid it no mind, we quickly learnt that Mike's room was above the kitchen and he moved in his sleep, so his alarm every morning was falling off his bed. The loud noise he makes wakes up most of the other guys since it triggers their mafia senses or something, only twenty minutes later we're graced by the boys - walking single file down the stairs and to the kitchen. They share a lot of habits.

Dominic typically wakes up when I do - courtesy of my lack of gentleness whilst waking up - but he chooses to sleep in, that is until the boys come down. He doesn't like the idea of the boys being down here alone, with the girls - predominantly his sister and myself. So he follows suit.

As soon as everyone sat down the conversations started, Abrielle helped me dish out and everyone ate. Once a person finished they continued to sit there, we hadn't found much to do as of recently and so mornings were pretty slow. 

"Everything that comes out of your mouth is a string off bullsh-t." Dominic commented annoyed at Mike's stories, he was always travelling and had plenty of tales to share.

Mike licked his lips before he defended himself, "That's not true. I can prove it."

The phone started ringing and Dominic ran a hand through his hair, standing up. "You can prove it to me later." he smirked before heading for the office.

Dominic

I jogged a little around the desk, grabbing the phone off the handset. "Vitiello Residence." I answered. There was a bit of shuffling on the other end before a familiar voice came out, I rolled my eyes as he continued to ramble.

"Would you consider it? Just this once."

"Have you no money to hire people for yourselves?" I sighed, plopping down on the edge of the desk and swinging my legs in thought.

He sighed in return, "We don't okay?"

"Okay." I replied not intending on speaking further.

He sounded impatient, "So? Will you do it?"

I rolled my eyes, "Where?"

After hanging up the phone I laid back across the length of the table, ignoring the paper and pens that prodded my back. Amara would probably want to tag along, Leo had been spying on a number of people for fun for the past few weeks - so his stuff would also already be set up. This wasn't a bad idea.

I heard her soft footsteps as she shuffled across the floors towards the door, I opened my eyes turning to look at the door just as she entered the room. "Who was it?"

"Headquarters." I replied turning back to the ceiling, I felt her place a hand on my chest.

"Why?" she questioned. I looked at her for a couple of seconds before replying.

"They just want a hit on someone."

She scoffed, "Don't they have their own people for that?"

"Apparently not," I sat up, "You wanna come?"

"Yes!" she hopped.

I nodded, "I thought so." 

It took a little bit to gather all of our gear, Leo readily agreed to setting up his stuff for us. He was excited about finally having something serious to do for once. Carmyne was being babysat by the girls and I'd left the guys with them. Amara looked more excited than necessary to finally be doing something. I wasn't going to disagree and say things hadn't been a little slow around here.

Amara

Dominic pulled to a stop down the road from the building that the sex trafficker apparently held his business, Leo had pulled up his schedule and he was due in about five minutes. The guy had been sex trafficking for a while, he was good at hiding his trail but they'd finally caught wind and traced it back to him. 

We waited for him and his men to enter the building before following, it was a convenience store which was odd but I wasn't one for asking obvious questions. He probably used it for cover. Dominic nodded for us to exit the car and we got out, walking up to the store. We both walked up to counter without needing to discuss it.

"Hey, how can I help you?" the girl who was working smiled from under her red cap. Dominic looked elsewhere and I smiled at her.

"Where's the basement?"

Her face turned sour as she frowned, "Sorry?"

"Pardon." I corrected her then asked again, "The basement? Where is it?"

"I'm sorry, I can't disclose that information. No customers are allowed into the staff areas." she informed expertly, "If you've been employed here I can always get the manager for you."

"Do we look like we've been employed here?" Dominic monotoned looking at her with a glint of amusement in his eye. I raised a brow at the girl. She look frustrated at this point, realising the obvious truth I'm sure.

"No sir, but you are still not permitted behind the counter."

"Oh," he butted in, "It's behind the counter." He informed me as if he hadn't noticed this earlier, we both knew it was behind the counter. We were just stalling. We both jumped over the counter, the girl started repeating for us to stop as we walked around her and down the poorly lit hallway. She wouldn't call the cops if she knew what this place had hidden within it's walls.

"Not paying the bills eh?" I muttered under my breath as one of the lights flickered. Dominic was  testing doors, opening and closing. I continued to observe the dirtiness of the place, it was definitely forgotten.

As soon as he opened the second last door a gun was shot, he ducked pulling a 'surprised-but-not' face at me causing me to chuckle. "You're a little jumpy." he addressed the gunner as he entered ahead of me, I came up to the doorway taking note of the seven men in the room and the shady looking door to the left. I smiled at the gazes whilst walking into the room and looking around a bit more.

"Is this a joke?" a gruff voice said from behind me, causing me to turn around.

Dominic's smile pulled down a bit before he replied, "Not that I know of, last time I checked neither of us were comedians." he turned to me, "Amara, are you a comedian?"

"No." I replied over my shoulder as I turned my attention back to the little make-shift kitchen in the corner.

Dominic hummed in approval, "Yep. Not comedians."

I could feel the man's hot gaze on my back,  I turned, "Whatcha lookin' at?" 

"You can't be..." he paused almost as if to think about it, "The Amara Vitiello."

"Dominic, also relevant." Dominic raised his hand up like a child in elementary school.

I walked over sitting next to him and chuckled, "You can remember me, but not my husband? How strange." He almost flinched at my close proximity, eyeing me warily. His men had been standing around warily also for the past three minutes, their hands near their hips ready to pull our their weapons if needed. Real hitmen. Note the sarcasm.

"So, where are the girls?" I asked looking him right in the eye.

Dominic tsked looking around, "My guess is behind that door."

I jumped up, "Oh really?" I triggered about five of the seven men and they now had their weapons aimed at me, I looked each one in the eye before waltzing up to the door and attempting to open it. I shook my head seeing as it was locked, Dominic came up behind me and jammed a knife where the knob was attached to the door - letting it drop to the ground. The door slightly slid ajar, the men suddenly took a step but Dominic holding up a hand - and a gun in the other - had them standing still in their fake army boots.

I took my time sliding the door open, I didn't want to scare the victims and maybe if they saw a girl approaching they'd be less wary of me. There were about fifty of them, they wore nearly nothing and were huddled together with ropes holding their hands together. I didn't like what I saw, the lectures and 'teaching the boys a lesson' had to wait though. First I had to get the girls out of the room.

Leo had sent over a transport truck which Mike drove, we were told to take the girls to a rescue centre that was set up. We didn't have the means to take all of them in with us, even if we had the room - there was a lot of paperwork and administrative work that went into having them stay with us. Most of the girls were not from this country, so it wasn't safe for us to harbour them.

I was terribly tempted to kill all the men in that room then but Dominic held me back, he said something about needing them to find the others. After the interrogation we managed to find the real boss, he had a meeting at six - which we were late for.

After dropping our hostages off in the very capable hands of Leonardo, we headed back into town to deal with Ermanno Moschetti. Even his name sounded like filth. We drove till about a couple blocks down from the building, Leo had informed us he was a little more guarded - as expected. 

Dominic and I parted ways at the building next door to the hotel Moschetti was meeting in, I found the back stairs and took post on the roof level. I took my time humming my favourite song and setting up my rifle, aiming at the street below. The plan was simple, Dominic would cause a disturbance so that they would rush to get him out of there and I would pop him. Like a bag of popcorn.

I smiled to myself after making sure my scope was clear, what was left was waiting it out. I didn't wait long, a number of bullets went off and some screaming came from the left wing of the building which was closest to me. I got comfortable and after a minute or two out came three guards making sure there wasn't any 'offenders' on the streets. After they scoped the area, Moschetti and five more around him came rushing out.

I had a twenty second window and I made good use of it. Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. 

Dominic

The men outside dropped like flies, the waitresses went running into the back of the building and I made sure none of Moschetti's men were left. After searching thoroughly through the building I walked out, crouching to get a closer look at Moschetti.

I felt the wind as Amara dropped down next to me, "Good?" I checked his pulse.

"Real good." I pulled back. She hooked her arm in mine, "Me and you baby." I pecked a butterfly kiss on her forehead.

"Ya'll are sick and twisted." I heard the familiar voice before I had to look behind me.

"This is a surprise." Amara grinned, she went in for a hug.

"Ew, I don't hug murderers." Clarissa joked embracing her regardless, I watched them from afar.

Amara chuckled, "What are you doing here?"

"I was trying to have dinner at this nice hotel, you ruined it."

"Oops." 

"Come back to our place, we'll treat you to dinner there." I offered, she looked surprised that I even spoke for a second before her expression fell back to it's smile.

"I was uh-," she decided to look at Amara instead, "With someone."

Amara looked behind her with her eyes full of curiosity, "Let them come." She hopped excitedly, I couldn't help the small smile that took over my face as I watched her.

"Are you sure?" Clarissa asked still looking at Amara though I could feel she was partially searching for my approval as well. I nodded along as Amara assured her it was fine.

It was a little awkward riding back to the house with Amara trying to make steady conversation with Clarissa and her boyfriend looking pointedly out the window. We'd both given up on conversing with him in the first five minutes of greeting him - for the second time.

As soon as we got home everyone went bubbly at the idea of having a visitor, hardly anyone visited and we were all used to such a big family. I watched as Clarissa and her boyfriend visibly became more comfortable at the knowledge that they wouldn't be attending some awkward double date with ex-boyfriend, enemy and spawn. 

The night was eventful. We were like family, I might even invite Clarissa to stay with us.

------ 

A/N: **I'm sorry I just referred to Carmyne as a spawn, I'm not changing it though...**

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

The Arrangement Par ❦

Mystère / Thriller

457K 10.1K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
13.6K 476 33
Dominic is a well-known playboy billionaire with a long-term girlfriend. His company always comes first because it's his only child. Not even his gir...
103K 3.6K 72
Rebecca Downhill (Becca) has known nothing in her life but a strict father who is involved in businesses with the Italian mafia in NY, an absent moth...
10.1K 550 86
Two people. Not so different from each other. Each has an internal battle they're trying to win, fighting alone. Matteo DeVille. Finding out new thin...