His Broken Angel

By LiLyloves321

For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit... More

Chapter One: First Day
Chapter Two: Kill Me
Chapter Three: Nightmares
Chapter Four: Why Are You Talking To Me?
Chapter Five: He's Everywhere I Tell You
Chapter Six: Party?
Chapter Seven: Locked Up
Chapter Eight: Leave Me Alone!
Chapter Nine: One Kiss? Please!
Chapter Ten: Temptation
Chapter Eleven: I'm So Dead
Chapter Twelve: I Hate You. . . A Lot
Chapter Thirteen: He Kissed Me
Chapter Fourteen: She's A Bitch
Chapter Fifteen: Sleepovers
Chapter Sixteen: Good Morning Sunshine!
Chapter Seventeen: Bras and Panties
Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something
Chapter Nineteen: Stars
Chapter Twenty: Garden Party
Chapter Twenty-One: Get A Room!
Chapter Twenty-Two: Proposals
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules
Chapter Twenty-Five: Screw You!
Chapter Twenty-Six: Homecoming Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Need A Break From You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I'm Avoiding Him Because I Hate Him
Chapter Twenty-Nine: You Need Help
Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word
Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Twists and Turns
Chapter Thirty-Three: Breaking Down
Chapter Thirty-Four: He Can Kiss Anybody He Wants
Chapter Thirty-Five: Why?
Chapter Thirty-Six: So. . . This Is Awkward
Chapter Thirty-Seven: We're Just Friends
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone's Jealous
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I'm Going To Slap You
Chapter Forty-One: Stupid Interruptions
Chapter Forty-Two: Back At It Again
Chapter Forty-Three: Birthday Plans
Chapter Forty-Four: Do You Want To Kill Me!?
Chapter Forty-Five: You're An Idiot
Chapter Forty-Six: Birthday Bash Part 1
Chapter Forty-Seven: Birthday Bash Part 2
Chapter Forty-Eight: Trapped In Hell
Chapter Forty-Nine: I Promise
Chapter Fifty: Why Don't You Shut Up?
Chapter Fifty-One: He What!??
Chapter Fifty-Two: Just Saying
Chapter Fifty-Three: One Helluva Trip
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Honesty Game
Chapter Fifty-Five: Family Portraits
Chapter Fifty-Six: Coward
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Bear Hugs From Him
Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?
Chapter Fifty-Nine: He's Been In Love?
Chapter Sixty: My Lips Are Sealed
Chapter Sixty-One: A Day Of Fun
Chapter Sixty-Two: Shut The Hell Up
Chapter Sixty-Three: Cuddles
Chapter Sixty-Four: Thoughts
Chapter Sixty-Five: Him Again
Chapter Sixty-Six: Uncovered
Chapter Sixty-Seven: You're Out Of Your Mind
Chapter Sixty-Eight: It's Over
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Reese
Chapter Seventy: Don't You Get It?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter-Forty: Wake Up

57.8K 1.9K 110
By LiLyloves321

A/N

I just wanna thank to all those amazing readers who have voted and commented on my story. I really appreciate the comments you leave and love you all for that.

I had to really think about this chapter because I'm kinda jumping from one date to another.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Wednesday
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter-Forty: Wake Up

I sunk into the chair as I stared at her body. She just lied there. Almost dead, but still breathing.

I just wanted to scream out "Wake up!" so she could wake up. It seemed almost impossible for me to believe that Claire could actually wake up. It's been weeks and I was about to lose hope already.

My phone began vibrating as I picked it up, looking at the person who was calling me.

"Why now?" I groaned. I stood up and walked to the corner of the room, almost afraid that Claire could wake up any moment to only hear me talking to Reese. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" he asked instantly.

"Why?"

"Just tell me." He sounded almost urgent which made me arch a brow.

"In the hospital," I replied.

"Oh. . . How's your mom?"

With a quick glance over to her I sighed. "I guess okay. She's still in the damn coma."

There was a long pause. My breathing was quickening when I started to feel anxious. Why was I feeling anxious? There was no need to panic or feel nervous right now. So why was I almost going to scream through the phone?

"Is it O.K. if I come?" Reese blurted.

All my thoughts vanished when he asked that. He wanted to come? Here? Right now?

Why?

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. I thought it was the right thing."

"Did you think that I wouldn't want you coming?"

He sighed. "Kinda. . ."

Another glance at Claire made my stomach turn. Did I want Reese coming? Our friendship was getting strained and I had no idea why.

We'd been talking fewer times each day. It seemed weird to me that he would call before Thanksgiving since it was tomorrow.

Thanksgiving was tomorrow and Claire still wasn't awake.

"Um. . . I guess you could come," I mumbled.

He said a quick ok before hanging up. I felt my heart pound harder against my chest.

What the hell had I just done?

Now I had to talk to Reese. I had to actually start a conversation with him without it becoming awkward. Awkward to the point where he'd make up a lame excuse just to leave.

Why didn't I just make up a lame excuse so he couldn't come?
******

I waited outside for Reese with my head leaning against the wall, the hallways becoming colder by the second.

Now I knew why it was scary to be in the hospital at night.

All the while I wondered what Alex was doing with Harry. He had been left the hospital just last week, but still had to be taken care of and get a lot of rest. Alex was taking care of him tonight while I stayed here.

I still couldn't believe that I managed to convince him of letting me stay here for the night.

"Maggie?" I whipped my head to the sound when I noticed Reese standing in front of me.

His presence almost made me breathless when I tried catching my breath. "Hi," I let out.

"Hey," he mumbled before taking a seat beside me. "Anything happen?"

"No. . . The docs don't know what to do or tell me, but to just wait and see."

Reese took my hands in his, the warmth of them making me shiver. "I know it's been a few months, but she's going to wake up. I mean, before I met you, your mom was freaking strong and stubborn. And I seriously mean it," he confessed.

This led me to widen my eyes. "You guys really did talk a lot," I sighed.

"Yeah. And she's awesome. Believe me, she is going to make it. I still remember when she stood up to my dad-"

"For what?"

"To sign some documents that were urgent. All you could hear from his office were her yells and persistence. It was amazing," he chuckled.

A small smile appeared on my lips. "That's Claire."

"So you know that she's going to fight for her life. Because she has a family to be happy with for a long time."

The smile on my face didn't disappear as we stared at each other. The warmth spread through my body and almost made me want to melt.

God that sounded so cliché.

"I hope it's soon," I finally said.

My head turned towards the direction of her room. She hadn't moved, not even a finger. The hope inside me was trying to grow but it faltering and I was about to give up.

Claire couldn't give up. She had to live. Reese was right. She still had us. Please wake up and fight, Claire. Please. . .

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked, wanting to not let any awkwardness take over us.

He shrugged. "Don't know. I'll probably just eat dinner with my family and a few of their friends. Thy usually have some dinner party."

I nodded my head.

"Are you gonna stay here?"

"I don't know. I'm really hoping that she wakes up. I'd be the first Thanksgiving without her if she doesn't. . ."

"She will," he reassured. His hands tightened around mine, making it harder not to show how much I really cared about his presence right now.

What I would give just to have this moment to last.

Why was I being so cliché!?

I shook my head to myself before standing up, clutching my hands together as if they missed Reese's hands.

"What's wrong?" he asked, standing right behind me.

I sighed as I chewed my bottom lip. Looking at Claire only made me feel more nervous and anxious. I almost felt the air growing thinner as I leaned against the wall, breathing in and out before Reese appeared in front of me.

"Maggie? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I mumbled. He noticed my shaky tone as I inhaled a sharp breath.

"You were fine a few seconds ago. Now you're nervous. Why?"

"I said it was nothing."

He leaned in closer before nothing but a small gap between our noses was left. I took a deep breath, feeling more anxious than before.

"Why can't you tell me?" he whispered.

He was so close. That's all I could think of. His lips were right there! They were so tempting that I was leaning forward, almost wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Nothing. . .," I sighed before leaning closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
447 17 27
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...
1.6K 77 17
"Come here Em" he looked at me with his eyes becoming dark. He watched as I hesitated at first before moving over towards him, the sound of my heels...
23.3M 760K 53
What is he doing? "Embre." I'm still pressed up against him, my breath quickening by the second. "Yes?" I ask breathlessly, he placed his hand in my...