His Broken Angel

By LiLyloves321

For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit... More

Chapter One: First Day
Chapter Two: Kill Me
Chapter Three: Nightmares
Chapter Four: Why Are You Talking To Me?
Chapter Five: He's Everywhere I Tell You
Chapter Six: Party?
Chapter Seven: Locked Up
Chapter Eight: Leave Me Alone!
Chapter Nine: One Kiss? Please!
Chapter Ten: Temptation
Chapter Eleven: I'm So Dead
Chapter Twelve: I Hate You. . . A Lot
Chapter Thirteen: He Kissed Me
Chapter Fourteen: She's A Bitch
Chapter Fifteen: Sleepovers
Chapter Sixteen: Good Morning Sunshine!
Chapter Seventeen: Bras and Panties
Chapter Nineteen: Stars
Chapter Twenty: Garden Party
Chapter Twenty-One: Get A Room!
Chapter Twenty-Two: Proposals
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules
Chapter Twenty-Five: Screw You!
Chapter Twenty-Six: Homecoming Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Need A Break From You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I'm Avoiding Him Because I Hate Him
Chapter Twenty-Nine: You Need Help
Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word
Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Twists and Turns
Chapter Thirty-Three: Breaking Down
Chapter Thirty-Four: He Can Kiss Anybody He Wants
Chapter Thirty-Five: Why?
Chapter Thirty-Six: So. . . This Is Awkward
Chapter Thirty-Seven: We're Just Friends
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone's Jealous
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I'm Going To Slap You
Chapter-Forty: Wake Up
Chapter Forty-One: Stupid Interruptions
Chapter Forty-Two: Back At It Again
Chapter Forty-Three: Birthday Plans
Chapter Forty-Four: Do You Want To Kill Me!?
Chapter Forty-Five: You're An Idiot
Chapter Forty-Six: Birthday Bash Part 1
Chapter Forty-Seven: Birthday Bash Part 2
Chapter Forty-Eight: Trapped In Hell
Chapter Forty-Nine: I Promise
Chapter Fifty: Why Don't You Shut Up?
Chapter Fifty-One: He What!??
Chapter Fifty-Two: Just Saying
Chapter Fifty-Three: One Helluva Trip
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Honesty Game
Chapter Fifty-Five: Family Portraits
Chapter Fifty-Six: Coward
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Bear Hugs From Him
Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?
Chapter Fifty-Nine: He's Been In Love?
Chapter Sixty: My Lips Are Sealed
Chapter Sixty-One: A Day Of Fun
Chapter Sixty-Two: Shut The Hell Up
Chapter Sixty-Three: Cuddles
Chapter Sixty-Four: Thoughts
Chapter Sixty-Five: Him Again
Chapter Sixty-Six: Uncovered
Chapter Sixty-Seven: You're Out Of Your Mind
Chapter Sixty-Eight: It's Over
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Reese
Chapter Seventy: Don't You Get It?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something

82.7K 2.4K 471
By LiLyloves321

A/N

Back again with a new update! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, because I worked hard to make it seem good for you guys.

Please read, vote, comment, and enjoy!

Next Update: Saturday (my mom's b-day, so I'll be in a good mood!)
******

His Broken Angel

Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something

My back leaned against the wall, my knees up to my chest with my arms hanging beside them. Fresh and old tears stained my cheeks as I tried to control my sobs.

My door creeked open a bit, Reese's head poking in. He had a soft expression once he saw my blank one. I had to stare hard at the floor so I couldn't cry anymore. The thought of him seeing me cry made me cringe.

"What happened Maggie?" Reese asked softly. He sat in front of me with his hand stretched out.

I pulled my arms backwards, hugging myself too tightly. "I'm. Fine." I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, my nose feeling all stuffy. "You should go Reese. . . I'll call you when I'm ready."

"Maggie, I can't-"

"I said go!" I shouted. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before mumbling an O.K. and finally leaving. Immediately I broke into tears again, anger, sadness, frustration in them.

"What the hell!" I shouted at myself. Why the fuck would he bother me! Why would he do this to me!?

I ran to my bathroom, taking out my blade and gliding it over my bare skin. Blood soaked the marble floor while my jeans were getting soaked in it. More tears slipped down my cheeks, more blood pouring out of me until I felt exhausted.

My hands grabbed onto the edge of the counter, leaning against it as I tried to get the needle and thread from my counter. Sniffling, I poured some medicine alcohol making me wince and bite my tongue. I slipped the thread through the tiny hole before stitching myself up.

The entire time I was biting down my lips hard to the point where I drew some blood. I was only able to stitch up four cuts that I had cut into too deeply.

At the end I peeled off some bandages before sticking them on the remaining cuts.

I laid on my bed then, staring blankly at the wall. My mind was flashing images of my breakdown hours ago. I hadn't broken down since that night, that damn fucking night.

Taking out my phone from my pocket, I texted Reese to pick me up. Once I looked down I saw the bloody mess that my poor jeans had gone through. How would I explain this to Claire?

I threw on another pair of jeans that looked similar and hoped for the best.

Reese stood outside once I opened the door. His expression softened once he saw me, but also a bit of confusion written on his face. "Are you feeling better now?" he finally asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. . ."

Even if my reply seemed unconvincing to him, Reese let the topic go and drove us to his house.

At first I thought it was just a prank because the house was a freaking mansion! There were beautiful rose bushes surrounding the door, a long pebble-stoned pathway too. The mansion was at least four floors, at least.

"You look a bit surprised," he smirked while opening the car door for me.

"You didn't tell me you lived in a mansion," I scoffed.

"Well I do."

Leading me inside the place was breathtaking. There was a long stairway, and another one on top to lead to the last floors. Expensive looking furniture, pictures, everything looked freaking expensive all over the house.

Far off in the corner was the living room. The other side had the dining room and right around the corner was the huge kitchen.

I'd definitely get lost in here.

"Food will be ready at six, so I have something planned in the meantime."

"Like what?" I asked curiously.

Reese grabbed my hand and led me to the grand staircase, pulling me into a room.

I found myself in Reese's room. In his huge room that was bigger than my own bathroom and room combined.

There was a huge shelf stacked with books that were all neatly placed against the corner of his room. Then a huge-probably King sized bed- right next to it.

How else could I describe it? There was a damn sofa right beside the door, and once I saw the small staircase that just lead to an entire shelf of books, I almost screamed.

Reese plopped down in the sofa, his arms stretching behind him as he rested. "You should close your mouth, a fly might fly inside," he joked.

A fly would take a moment to look Reese, I wanted to say but instead I kept my mouth shut.

Looking at the library I saw many books in different languages. They were huge first of all, and second, what language was it? It began to get on my nerves that I couldn't figure it out, but after a few seconds of debating I finally let it go.

"See a book you like, Sweetheart?" Reese asked from behind.

I scolded at my pet name, but returned my focus to the cases full of books. There wasn't one that had actually interested me, other than To Kill A MockingBird, but that was it.

"Nope," I said while popping the "p" at the end. "You said you had a sister right?"

"Yes?" Reese said awkwardly.

I lifted my eyebrows. "Can I meet her?"

He didn't seem to show any interest in my question, so I sat down at the edge of the couch while playing with my hair and looking clueless. "Please."

Reese groaned, finally lifting himself up and grabbing my hand. "Before you meet her though, she's a little-"

Before he could finish, the front door slammed shut. Heels knocked against the marble floor when a tall, lean girl came into view. She had soft brunette curls and sunglasses covering her probably icy blue eyes like Reese's.

"Meet my sister, Raven," Reese mumbled into my ear before she lifted her head towards us.

A smirk appeared on her dark red lips. "Hey baby brother," she said in a high-pitched voice, which she was hopefully just faking. "And this must be your girlfriend." Her smirk turned into a sly grin.

"I thought you were in the airport," Reese said, his hand never letting go of mine.

"What? You don't want me here?" Thank god her voice was deeper.

"It's not that hard of an answer, Raven."

Raven took her glasses off, surprising me when I saw her light green eyes. "Let's not talk about me right now, let's talk about your pretty girlfriend." Her sly grin only grew when she made her way upstairs.

I felt my heart pound harder when she was only a step before us, her eyes still boring into mine. "And your name is?" Raven asked.

"M-Maggie," I stuttered. My grip on Reese's hand tightened. I guess he noticed my anxiety level rise since he made us both step back.

"Maggie." The way she said my name made my heart pound even harder. "Reese, you should go downstairs and see if dinner is ready. I'd love to have a talk with Maggie."

"Not a chance," he muttered.

Raven smirked and let out a small before snatching my hand away from Reese's. "Go now or else Mom will find out about your little arrest at that party," she chimed.

I felt my cheeks grow hot. How did she even know?

Reese groaned and walked down the stairs. His head turned slightly backwards to see my wary expression before disappearing.

Raven instantly dragged me through a door until I spun around to find myself in her gigantic, elegant room. And I mean to the point where there were pearls hanging from the curtain drapes. Freaking pearls!

Her bed was even huger than Reese's. Cream colors splattered on the walls, floors, even pieces of cloth covered in the light color.

I understood that this family was rich, but how rich were they?

"Like it?" Raven asked while setting down her bag.

"Love," I sighed breathlessly. Instead of a bookcase she had a huge dresser. Next to it was a mirror and counter connected with a small pink sitting cushion right in front of it.

All her make-up was displayed in the long counter while her clothes were neatly folded in the wooden dresser.

Her room reminded me of a princesses's.

"Take a seat." I sat down on her comfortable bed, bouncing up before I settled myself down.

Raven sat across from me, her knee raised up while she wrapped her arms around it. "So, how did you and my baby brother meet?" she asked instantly, her smirk reappearing.

"Um. . ." I felt like my words would catch in my throat. It already felt dry. "At school?"

She lifted an eyebrow in response. "School? C'mon!" she shouted in exasperation. "Every couple meets at school, but how in the hell did he ask you out?"

Oh crap. Did Reese already have a story planned that he decided not to tell me about, because that would work right now. "He asked me out at a party-"

"Wait! The party that he got arrested at! You were the girl with him?" The way she was looking at me made me understand that she didn't expect a girl like me anywhere near a party or near Reese.

"I guess Jeremy told you about me," I mumbled, my hands fumbling with each other.

"He told me more," she smirked. "And first of all, I would kick his ass because you do not look like any hook-up or skank or slut that Reese has banged in his room."

I almost choked on my own spit when she said the last sentence. "Oh," was all I could blurt out.

"You're really pretty," she said out of nowhere. "That's why he picked you to be his fake girlfriend."

Again I choked on my spit. "You know about that?"

Raven shrugged. "I mean, my brother wouldn't land a hot girl like you overnight without you owing him something in return. . . I also forced the truth out of him," she smiled.

"You really know how to control him," I joked.

Raven smirked even wider. It was beginning to remind me of Reese's. "Well, I may know how to control him, but I bet you can tame him."

I choked on my spit again, my cheeks growing red. I nodded my head with a sheepish smile. That conversation escalated quickly.

"Dinners ready!" Reese yelled downstairs.

Raven smiled at me before making her way out. I sat there with my stomach turning, feeling my face going white as I walked out steadily.

By the time I reached the bottom floor, I could already smell the food. The aroma filled the air as Reese walked beside me into the dining room.

There were twelve chairs, four on each side, and two at the other end. For a big house they seemed to have a lot of guests over too.

I sat beside Reese, my legs moving anxiously around the sleek ground. A nice little lady asked me if I wanted anything to drink, which I just replied with "water" before she went to get it.

"Are your parents even home?" I asked Reese.

He nodded his head. "Right out the door. . ."

I felt my body shudder when my shadow grew taller from behind. This had reminded me of a stupid scene in a stupid horror movie I had stupidly seen.

"You didn't tell me we had guests Reese," a woman said behind me.

I turned my head slightly to meet a nice looking woman. She had short brunette hair that formed curls at her ears. Her hazel eyes complimented her soft pink smile.

I smiled warmly at her, feeling more comfortable around her rather then antsy with Raven. "I'm Maggie," I said confidently.

"Mrs. Matthews, but please call me Beatrice." Her proper grammar in her words made me pity of my own. I doubted she even cursed and if she did it would be in a proper manner.

Next came in the famous Evan Matthews. I hadn't realized how his eyes were a deep blue, not light like Reese's. Where did he get them from?

"You must be Claire's daughter," he blurted.

I nodded my head, smiling at them both. It wasn't the first time I had seen Reese's dad. I had spoken with him when I was younger, but that was when Claire had actually brought me to work when I had a crappy day at school. She always did that since I would feel right at home there.

"What's for dinner, Teresa?" Raven asked.

Even without looking at the food I could already tell what it was. The smell reminded me of roast beef, cooked vegetables, rice, and some gravy that looked delicious.

"Dig in everybody!" Beatrice shouted before grabbing the platter full of rice.

The entire family grabbed handfuls of food, their plate became filled quickly. I still had a few empty spots in my plate, which made me ache for more food.

I ended up eating more than I usually did. My stomach turning inside. I chugged down some water before anything bad could happen.

"So Maggie, you're my son's girlfriend," Beatrice blurted.

I nodded.

"How did he exactly get a girl like you?" There was suspicion in her voice this time, which caused me to feel anxious.

From the corner of my eye I saw Reese look away for a minute before focusing on his empty plate. "At school," I responded.

"School?" Both parents seem skeptical, so I kicked Reese in the leg so he could continue. There was no way that I was lying to his parents.

"And I asked her out because she interested me, Beatrice and Evan," Reese added.

They cracked some smiles before I knew it. "Well I hope you fix our son, because I don't want to call a cab in the middle of the night for drunk one-nighties," Evan said before excusing himself from the table.

"And come any time you'd like sweety," Beatrice announced. She left, my eyes staring into my empty plate.

That was. . .something.

"I don't know how you guys managed to do it, but you guys fooled them liked no offense, idiots!" Raven blurted.

Reese groaned. "Well I doubt they believed us-"

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed. "I choked on my own damn spit when she knew about this entire thing! Imagine your parents finding out! If they didn't believe us right now then I'm done with this damn deal."

They both sank into their chairs, both looking shocked at my sudden outburst. I had been holding it in this entire time.

"What time is it?" I finally asked.

"Barely seven-thirty," Raven replied as she stood up. "And if you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving to a party."

The last word made me uneasy.

"I should take you home then." Reese stood up, but I grabbed his hand to sit him back down.

For some reason I didn't want to leave, which made me question myself. "No one is home until tomorrow, and I do not want to be home alone," I pouted.

"So what do you suggest in doing this fine hour?" Reese smirked.

"I don't know? What do you do at night?"

"Well, I do what any other teenager does at night. Sleep," he replied flatly.

I smacked his hand. "Something fun that doesn't involve sleeping!" I groaned.

Reese thought for a minute, his blue eyes lighting up. "You're not planning on doing anything tomorrow, right?"

"Unless you exclude school, then no."

Reese grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door. I sat shotgun as he started the car, my mind whirling into the million of crazy things Reese would make me do.

Why in the hell did I suggest to do something fun tonight?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 3.5K 15
His rough hands pushed me firmly against the wall. He placed his hands on either sides of my head, I was cornered with nowhere to go. He pressed his...
23.3M 760K 53
What is he doing? "Embre." I'm still pressed up against him, my breath quickening by the second. "Yes?" I ask breathlessly, he placed his hand in my...
251K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
376 37 18
- Chris Evans Fanfic - "Now Kiss your bride." Shelby's eyes began to focus on Jake's, her body tensing up as an innocent expression formed on her fa...