His Broken Angel

By LiLyloves321

For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit... More

Chapter One: First Day
Chapter Two: Kill Me
Chapter Three: Nightmares
Chapter Four: Why Are You Talking To Me?
Chapter Five: He's Everywhere I Tell You
Chapter Six: Party?
Chapter Seven: Locked Up
Chapter Eight: Leave Me Alone!
Chapter Nine: One Kiss? Please!
Chapter Ten: Temptation
Chapter Eleven: I'm So Dead
Chapter Twelve: I Hate You. . . A Lot
Chapter Thirteen: He Kissed Me
Chapter Fourteen: She's A Bitch
Chapter Sixteen: Good Morning Sunshine!
Chapter Seventeen: Bras and Panties
Chapter Eighteen: Your Family Is. . . Something
Chapter Nineteen: Stars
Chapter Twenty: Garden Party
Chapter Twenty-One: Get A Room!
Chapter Twenty-Two: Proposals
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Truth Hurts
Chapter Twenty-Four: Rules
Chapter Twenty-Five: Screw You!
Chapter Twenty-Six: Homecoming Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Need A Break From You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: I'm Avoiding Him Because I Hate Him
Chapter Twenty-Nine: You Need Help
Chapter Thirty: Hate Is A Strong Word
Chapter Thirty-One: Let's Be Friends
Chapter Thirty-Two: Twists and Turns
Chapter Thirty-Three: Breaking Down
Chapter Thirty-Four: He Can Kiss Anybody He Wants
Chapter Thirty-Five: Why?
Chapter Thirty-Six: So. . . This Is Awkward
Chapter Thirty-Seven: We're Just Friends
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone's Jealous
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I'm Going To Slap You
Chapter-Forty: Wake Up
Chapter Forty-One: Stupid Interruptions
Chapter Forty-Two: Back At It Again
Chapter Forty-Three: Birthday Plans
Chapter Forty-Four: Do You Want To Kill Me!?
Chapter Forty-Five: You're An Idiot
Chapter Forty-Six: Birthday Bash Part 1
Chapter Forty-Seven: Birthday Bash Part 2
Chapter Forty-Eight: Trapped In Hell
Chapter Forty-Nine: I Promise
Chapter Fifty: Why Don't You Shut Up?
Chapter Fifty-One: He What!??
Chapter Fifty-Two: Just Saying
Chapter Fifty-Three: One Helluva Trip
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Honesty Game
Chapter Fifty-Five: Family Portraits
Chapter Fifty-Six: Coward
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Bear Hugs From Him
Chapter Fifty-Eight: We're Together Again?
Chapter Fifty-Nine: He's Been In Love?
Chapter Sixty: My Lips Are Sealed
Chapter Sixty-One: A Day Of Fun
Chapter Sixty-Two: Shut The Hell Up
Chapter Sixty-Three: Cuddles
Chapter Sixty-Four: Thoughts
Chapter Sixty-Five: Him Again
Chapter Sixty-Six: Uncovered
Chapter Sixty-Seven: You're Out Of Your Mind
Chapter Sixty-Eight: It's Over
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Reese
Chapter Seventy: Don't You Get It?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Fifteen: Sleepovers

77.3K 2.5K 391
By LiLyloves321

A/N

Hello fellow readers! I'm feeling really tired since I only got like five hours of sleep the other night. Babysitting issues😁.

Anyways, let's get straight to the point: Read, vote, comment, and enjoy.

Next Update: Wednesday
******
His Broken Angel

Chapter Fifteen: Sleepovers

The lights turned on before anything could happen. Reese sighed upsettingly and backed away further into the wall.

"Matthews? You in here?" It was the damn coach.

"Right over here!" Reese called out. I slid right beside him as he took my hand in his, the warmth sending chills all over my body.

Once Coach found us he eyed us for a couple of seconds before asking, "What are you two doing here alone?"

I bit my lips nervously, but Reese looked amused. A smile finally spread across his face. "Just enjoying the win with my girlfriend."

"Well hurry up. . . I'm closing up shop," Coach said before leaving us.

I pulled my hand away from Reese's and stood up. Reese was at my heels once we stepped outside. By the time we got out the truck wasn't there anymore.

"They got tired of waiting," I mumbled. The air had gotten colder. I hugged myself to keep warm.

Reese smirked. "I have a better place to go." He grabbed my hand to only drag me out of the lot. We reached the back of the school until we were right outside the pool area.

The water glistened in the moonlight while the ripples of it stained the walls. "You want to swim?" I gawked.

"I need to cool off anyways," Reese said while shrugging.

I groaned, but agreed anyways. At least I would get myself out of food tonight. We climbed over the fence. I landed on right on my feet while Reese was already taking off his shirt and jumped in.

My body instantly froze when I remembered about my stomach and my scars all over it. He wouldn't expect me to take off my shirt, right? Please don't. I stupidly hadn't worn a tank top underneath which made me regret this offer even more. Dammit, Maggie!

"Well? What are you waiting for?" Reese asked as he ran his hand over his hair. He looked really hot like that, really h- I'm done with myself. So done.

"Not in the mood," I mumbled.

Reese lifted an eyebrow. "You just agreed to get-"

"Well I don't want to anymore." I hadn't realized that I was nearly on the edge until Reese pulled me in. My head slammed first before anything else, which made my ears get clogged up with water.

Once I reached the top I hugged myself. The pool was at least negative something degrees. "What. The. Hell. Reese!" I shouted angrily.

Reese laughed at my reaction. "You agreed and I just had to." I scowled at him. Idiot. "You're already in anyways, so no need to be mad."

"Well I'm getting out." Before I could even reach the edge once again, Reese grabbed my waist and brought me closer to him.

My hands were right on his chest, right on those muscles of his that probably many girls would die to touch. And now I guess it'd be best to move then, so I finally did to only circle my arms around his neck. Dammit Maggie!

"You know, I don't know much about you, Maggie," Reese said.

"Well you did ask me to be you fake girlfriend," I mumbled quietly.

I knew he heard what I said and he chuckled from it. This time it was the jokingly type, not like the one he had in the locker room.

"Then tell me something about you, Maggie."

I thought for a moment, my mind flashing images of my childhood. My nightmares. The living hell I had been through. "What do you want to know?"

"How bout. . . Your favorite color?"

I lifted my eyebrow from his suggestion. "My favorite color?" I repeated.

"Your favorite color," he confirmed.

"Well I'll have you know that my favorite color is turquoise."

Reese nodded his head while spreading a smile. "Albeit you'd like know mine," he smirked.

"Wouldn't hurt to know."

"Fine. My favorite color is forest green."

"Forest green?" I asked suspiciously.

"What's so wrong about that?" Reese put his hand right on my back, pushing me forward until we were close enough to feel each other's breath.

"Nothing," I said jokingly. "What is your biggest pet peeve?"

Reese thought for a moment, the corner of his lips shaping off his cute dimple. "Getting one-upped," he finally confessed.

I laughed with him, his arms around me becoming tighter. "Mine is waiting." Because who hated to wait for something that you've been longing to have? Or simply what for something in general. Or waiting a long ass time for people, cough, cough, Reese.

We continued to tell each other things; how both of us had older siblings, except he had a sister. How we hated mustard because the taste was just disgusting and how we both love to swim that we ended up having a racing competition.

"I beat you," I said while we walked down the street in our soaking clothes.

"Sure," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at his response. Silence overtook us as the air made my skin crawl with goosebumps, stupid cold air and wet skin combination. It was like drinking water after chewing on some mint flavored gum.

"Do we consider this a date?" Reese asked out of the blue.

My gaze remained on the ground as I tried to process his question. Do we consider this a date or just friends hanging out? "Dunno," I mumbled. "Whatever you wanna tell everybody."

"Date it is!" he gleamed.

Once we reached my house Reese leaned against the wooden pole while I waited for somebody to open the door. "Are you sure they're home?" Reese asked me.

"Yeah." They should be, or else they would tell me that they wouldn't be home. Did I miss something? The lights inside were off, every single one, even Alex's who always had his lights on at night before falling asleep at three a.m.

"Well shit," I muttered. Without warning I hopped off the porch and walked behind the house until I was beneath my window.

"So your folks aren't home," he gawked.

I scowled at him before I grabbed onto the railing. My foot was already on the other when Reese said, "You sure about this?"

"It's not the first time I've climbed up here!" I yelled. Once I reached my window pane, I unhooked it and climbed inside. To my dismay I landed right on my back since I lost balance at the last minute. "That didn't hurt at all."

I poked my head out to make sure Reese saw I had survived the crash. "You should get going now," I said.

"I should, but I don't want to," he smirked.

My eyes wandered to the garage behind me, the cars weren't there. And they didn't tell me anything.

"It's getting dark."

"And cold out here. Why don't you let me in? I don't have my car anyways," he pouted.

"Well call a cab then." I was such a good "girlfriend". "Goodnight, Reese!"

I landed right on my bed and finally stripped out of my clothes before taking a long shower. Looking at my scars I hesitated at first, but put my blade away. Tonight didn't deserve that right now.

I slipped on some shorts and tank top before walking out of my foggy shower. My hair was dripping beads of water at the ends.

I screamed when I saw somebody sitting in my bed. When I finally realized that it was just the idiot of Reese, I screamed again. "What the hell, Maggie!" he groaned.

"What the hell me? What the hell you!? What the hell are you doing in here!?" I shouted.

"I told you it was getting cold out there," he sighed. "And you wouldn't let me in so I took matters into my own hands."

"By climbing through my freakin window!"

"You didn't leave me a choice."

I sighed and flopped onto my bed, my face hitting a pillow directly. Why me!? Why did he have to be in my room? Why wasn't anybody in this damn house anyways?

"Please tell me you're going to leave," I mumbled.

"Why would I?" I sensed that he was smirking already. "Right now this bed seems very comfortable."

Once I lifted my head I saw Reese sprawled on my bed with his arms folded behind his head. His eyes were closed and was taking steady breaths each time he breathed.

I bit inside my cheek, wary of whether or not I should wake him up or simply have me sleep on the ground. Or just roll him off my bed and happily sleep on it!

I knew my third choice had a big no written all over it, so I tapped on his forehead. Nothing but a quiet sigh escaped his lips, his perfect plump lips. With one look at his sleeping face, Reese looked different. And I don't mean a completely different face, but expression.

He didn't look annoyed, or happy, sad, he looked peaceful. Freakin peaceful! Oh, that and he looked way hotter than before.

I hated myself so much.

"Wake up!" I whispered hissed.

Not even a twitch of the leg came. Was he that much of a deep sleeper or was my voice that quiet when it came to whispering?

It's been at least an hour since Reese came. He was still lying in my bed, almost taking up the entire space which forced me to stand up.

I ended up kneeling down to just take a good look at his face. Even in the dark I could see every feature there was on it. Those damn cheekbones that I wish I could have. Lucky bastard.

I noticed a small scar underneath his eye, one that was faded but still not well hidden. I wondered how he had gotten it.

"Well then, goodnight "boyfriend"," I whispered to myself before lying on my bed, uncomfortably with Reese right beside me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376 37 18
- Chris Evans Fanfic - "Now Kiss your bride." Shelby's eyes began to focus on Jake's, her body tensing up as an innocent expression formed on her fa...
449K 21.3K 30
Book 1 of the Jackson Series! Ella finally gets an opportunity to escape the clutches of her cruel tormentor before fate leads her to Ryder Jackson...
170K 4.4K 26
If you enjoy this story please check out my rewritten version on my profile. Landon stood up and pressed Lyla against the wall so she couldn't escap...
42.1K 2.1K 48
His heart was the key to his love. His heart was a wonderful broken place. His heart was mine and my heart was his. The problem was how long were we...