Towards Dawn #Wattys2016

By erumkhan19

Yes they have seen dawn... They have witnessed the most beautiful moments but for that they had to stay up th... More

A New Journey
1. Somewhere in the World
2. Bloom and Burn
3. Outburst
4. Ibraheem
5. How It All Started...
5.1: Chunks From Past
5.2. First Chat Went Wrong
5.3. Parents.... the Perfect Bond
5.4. Regret
5.5. The Strange New Girl
5.6. Illegitimate
5.7. She was Beautiful
5.8. She is Bewitching Me
5.9. A Journey Together
5.10. Pain and Trapped
5.11. Horror and Confession
5.12. The Big Cost
6. Grave Affliction
7. Stupefied
7.1. Wounded
7.2. Awkward
7.3. Grumpy Affections
7.4. Affection or Confusion?
7.5. Falling???
7.6. Brutal
7.6. Muhabbat
7.7. Wrong Dreams?
7.8. Fatal Fall
7.9. Regard and Reverence
7.11. Love and Betrayal
7.12. The Big Day...About to Ruin?
7.13. Ruined
7.14. Shattered Hearts
7.15. Dissonance and Discord
7.16. Adam or Iblees?
7.17. Hum Kahan Chal Diye
8. Promises and Heartache
9. And They Met Again
10. Revival of Yesterday
11. Proposal
12. Old Bonds
13. Pang of Pain
14. The Dawn....
Epilogue
Q/A: Iblees or Tehreem

7.10. Surprises

2.7K 253 394
By erumkhan19

Assalam-o-Alaikum

Update after long? Oh not so long girls :x chill karo tum log ;) LOLX

And it's a long one :) so happy Reading <3

Chapter# 7.10

Asif's POV

"You must be a proud father, Asif!" Qadir stated and once again I felt a punch in my heart for what I did to my own son; didn't trust him, didn't listen to him.

"I don't even know how to apologize. Am so....

"That's okay Qadir bhai! Jo hua us mein apka kia qasoor. In fact it was no body's fault. Lets just forget about that"

"Han bus meri bat nai suntey ye kabhi bhi. Itni bar kaha tha k mera bacha bhala aesa koi kam ker he nai sakta but he never listens to me" Shaista complaint, I guess for the fiftieth time in past few hours, since Qadir arrived at our place in Texas.

"Wahan Salma bhi yei keh rahi thi bar bar. I guess all the mothers share the same feeling with the same heart" Qadir smiled, though the smile didn't reach his eyes he still seemed embarrassed and moved by whatever happened.

"Chalo yar! Bhool jao. And I just hope one day our society will get free of such animals who can't even respect a woman" I said and Qadir sighed a little, as he shook his head.

"or Khuda karey k her maa baap ko Shehryar jesa beta naseeb ho. Jo kabhi kisi bhi baap ka sr na jhukney de" I could feel that swell in my heart as he stated, and for a moment I literally cursed myself for being so harsh to Shehry.

"Acha choriye wo sab, ap ye bataiye k Salma bhabi or Haya ko kun nai laye ap?" Shaista asked and Qadir smiled shaking his head as he kept his cup back on the table in front of us.

They started talking while my mind was still stuck back in New York, in Shehry.

Sahista seemed not that moved and the reason was I didn't tell her much neither Shehry did. I wonder he bared with my anger, that wrath; I scolded him even slapped him in front of Qadir and he didn't even tell me a single word about what happened actually.

"Arey Qadir bhai! Khana kha ker jaiye ga. Bus tayyar hea lunch" my attention jumped back to them as I saw Qadir ready to move.

"Nai bus ijazat chahta hoon bhabi! I just wanted to clear things, ek bar khud ap dono se mil ker mafi mnagna chahta tha, Shehry se to pata nai nazren he nnai mila paoon ga mein, kesey mafi mangoon ga us se" Qadir looked down as he stated and I held his shoulders.

"Shehry bacha hea ap ka Qadir bhai! Or khaberdar jo ap ne aesa kuch bhi kaha usey. Maa baap kabhi bachon ka bura nai sochtey bus hum se kabhi kabhar kotaahi ho jati hea unhen samajhne mein. Jesey mujh se hui or jesey ap se hui Haya ko samajhne mein"

Qadir nodded his head silently.

....

"Asif! mein ne kuch cheezon ki list banai hea, Pakistan janey se pehley lazmi leni hen wo or Tehreem ka dress bhi samajh nai aa raha k yahan se loon ya Pakistan ja ker le len? what do you think?"

"Wesey to Nosheen can help, but she is already too caught up in her work"

"Asif?"

"Hmm?"

"What happened Asif? aren't you happy finally everything is clear, ub to muskura dejiye" Shaista kept her hand over my arm as she spoke, I was once again lost in the puddle of my thoughts.

"I was wondering why Shehry didn't tell us anything? Wo bad mein to bata sakta tha humein. Phir kun us ne nai batai sachaai?"

"Oho! Ap ko pata to hea wo kitna pakka hea apni baton mein, or phir bachi ki izzat ka sawal tha Asif!"

"hm...."

"Kia soch rae hen?" she asked and I silently nodded my head.

"Shaista! Shehry told us that there was nothing between him and Haya and it was all an act just to keep her away from Jawad, right?" I asked and she nodded.

"Kaheen aesa to nai k Shehry....

Shaista frowned as I trailed off.

"what if he actually likes her?" I added and her frown faded. "Kaheen aesa to nai k wo humein bata nai paa raha or waqai Haya ko pasand kerta hea?"

"He has done so much for her, things he never did for any other girl. maybe he really likes her. what do you think?" I asked and she made a thoughtful face.

"Ho sakta hea" she stated shortly.

"What if we talk to Qadir and Salma?" I suggested.

"Without letting Shehry know?"

"Yes. Like a surprise, if he can hide things from us we can play his game his way. No?" I smiled and she returned the gesture nodding but I could feel the uncertainty in her smile.

My brain was weaving something in my head.

Hussain's POV

I walked up to the door when I found it wide open; I heard voices from inside, they were having guests on and off for paying condolence on Sultan uncle's death and for past few days I didn't visit them back. So today after university I thought to meet Aunty and Tehreem.

"Arey Hussain bhai? Assalam-o-Alaikum!" I stepped in when almost saved myself bumping into that young boy, what was the name again? Ah! My memory... sucks!!

"Walakim Assalam! Kesey ho chotey?" I smiled at him who showed his whole 32 in return.

"Mehman aaye hue hen kia?" I inquired referring to the voices and he nodded.

"Ji. Tehreem bibi k chacha chichi" he informed me and I nodded as I walked inside towards the main hall.

"Asiya bhabi! You know how stubborn she has become after Sultan. All the day she spend in his study around his books talking to herself pretending as if Sultan is somewhere near her, listening to her"

"I understand Haleema! And only that's why I think she should come out and face the reality in a broader light, I don't want her to get stuck into things" I heard the other woman spoke softly.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum!" I greeted as I entered and haleema Aunty smiled broadly, greeting back while the lady pressed a short one returning salaam.

"How are you Hussain? its been so long you didn't visit"

"Ah! Yeah I was just got busy in my exams Aunty! How are you? how are you feeling now?" I asked and she smiled, lowly

"Alhamdulilah! Am fine"

"Haleema phir tum bat karo Tehreem se. manao usey k chale hamarey sath Lahore. It will be a good change for her" the lady insisted.

"I will try to convince her Bhabi!" Haleema aunty stated.

"Exactly. Stepping out of the house is a good change. In fact today we are going to have lunch together, somewhere out" I announced excitedly and Haleema aunty heaved up a silent sigh.

"I can't leave the house Hussain beta! and beside that I don't want to go anywhere"

"Yes, but you can take Tehreem with you. it's a good idea, take her out change her mind" the lady looked at me and I nodded, pressing a little smile.

"Ammi!"

I was about to say something when somebody entered and I looked up, I knew him; he was one of Tehreem's cousin I saw him on the funeral.

"Ji beta?" Asiya aunty looked up at him.

He looked a few years older, his gaze landed on me for a moment, but his expressions were spat no emotions as he ignored me and addressed his mom. "I have tried my best but Tehreem is not agreeing at all, wo nai chale gi hamare sath I had told you" he stated in a helpless way.

"I told you people she is just not listening to anyone" Haleema aunty said, looking a little embarrassed.

"Acha khair beta tum choro usey. I hope you two have already met?"she further on added, introducing us.

I nodded getting up. "Hi! Hussain Asif"

"Arsalan Asad"

we shook hands. I smiled. His was not so genuine I guess.

But anyways sanuu kii?

"Ami! Chalen?" Arsalan looked down at his mother who reluctantly got up from the sofa.

"Haleema! We are here in Islamabad for another week, and am telling you I won't return without Tehreem. Samjhao usey" She insisted again as Haleema aunty got up.

"I will try Bhabi!" she assured and they walked out, I remained there. I dunno why I didn't get those good vibes by that Arsalan Asad man.

Once Aunty came back in the hall I tried to coax her once again. "Chaliye na Aunty! Please. Its just a lunch"

"Hussain beta! Am having my Iddah and I seriously don't want to leave home, I want to spend as much time in his memories as I can" she stated, her eyes still after so many days puffed and swollen, sleep deprived.

"But go and ask Tehreem. Take her out, ghar mein band ho ker reh gai hea"

Wo kab jaae gi merey sath Akeley?

"Jab se Sultan gaye hen wo bilkul chup ho gai hea, na khati peeti hea na bat kerti hea. pehley to muskurahat us k chehry se jati he nai thi or ub....

A small tear formed in her eye and she bit on her lower lips as she trailed off.

"mein hoon na Aunty! Mein sab theek ker doon ga. I promise" I held her hands and she nodded trying to smile but she couldn't.

I wanted to ask her if Mom talked to her about what I asked her to but then I thought it wasn't the right time for that.

"Jao! Tehreem se bat ker lo. She is upstairs"

Mariya showed me the way as I didn't know my way to the study room, I only knew a little about the ground portion of that huge ass house. She smiled leaving me there and I stepped towards the door, finding it a little ajar so I peeked in before knocking and found her indulged in prayer.

Her hands slowly went up for dua, I just silently stood there looking down at her as she prayed; sobbing in between her hiccups, sniffling was the only voice I could hear other than my heartbeats across my rib cage.

Tehreem's POV

Rabbir hamhuma kama Rabayani sagheera

Tears slowly flowing my eyes to my cheeks wetting my face drenching my soul, my heart was still restless after so many days and mind just couldn't think anything other than Abu.

I know he must be happy there but this thought wasn't enough to set my heart on rest.

Sniffling a little I wiped my face though fresh tears soaked it back as I ended my dua and leaned back with the book case to my left when my eyes caught sight of Hussain; standing in the door frame silently, intently looking down at me.

Catching my attention, he stood a little straighter and smiled.

I got up over my feet wiping my face trying not to get noticed and after folding the prayer mat I kept it on the table before turning back towards him.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum!" I lowly greeted him and he replied with a salam, for a change and it felt good.

"get ready and come down. Am waiting for you in the hall" he kind of announced and was about to back off ignoring my confused frown.

"Are we going somewhere?"

"Yes. For lunch" he informed casually.

"I don't feel like going anywh..

"I know. I know you don't feel like but come on Tehreem! At least for Haleema aunty, think about her. she is so worried for you, you should be taking care of her rather giving her more worries" he stated seriously and I shook my head, I couldn't find the best way to say a no to all that.

"But we can have lunch here at home, and going out would do no difference Hussain!" I tried to keep it as simple as I can, to avoid all that.

"Abhi Arsalan bhai bhi buhat keh rahe thy. Mein un k sath bhi nai gai. I don't want to...

"am neither Arsalan nor your bhai so am happy you refuse him, but I would be happier if you accept it from me" he seemed not in the mood of any joke as he normally does.

"And..." he trailed off. "I want to tell you something, in fact ask you something and I don't think this is the right place" he added sounding a bit hesitant.

"But...

I just started when he made a face as if was warning me. "Which is your room?" he looked at his back across the gallery. "that one?" he pointed towards one of the rooms and almost jogged towards that when I followed him panicked. What was he up to?

"Hussain that's not my room" I tried to stop him as he was about to enter in my study room and quickly stopped, his sneaker made a screeching sound on the tile under his feet.

"Ooops!sorry. Then? That one?" he casually asked me as he pointed at the only left door, my room. Ignoring my confused expression he barged towards my room and before any warning he burst the door open and stepped in.

"Hussain! what are you doing?" I asked, my voice a little raised as he walked towards my wardrobe.

"Am deciding what you going to wear for the date"

Date?

"Hussain! STOP!!" standing in front of the wardrobe I managed to stop him blocking his way.

"You don't look into a girl's wardrobe"

I don't think there was anything amusing but he smiled. "there is clearly nothing in a girl's wardrobe which I haven't already seen in life. So...get a side please!" he smiled sweetly stating and took a step forward when my back hit the wardrobe, my heart started beating faster.

"But you can't look into mine, plus am not going anywhere with you. Am not allowed to date, okay?" I might sound stupid but it was reality.

"Come on! Its just a little time left when we will be sharing the same house, the same room the same wardrobe even the same b....

I looked away from his face as he kept on counting on his fingers but he stopped in the midway.

"Hum ghar mein he lunch ker len ge Hussain! mujhey nai jana" I insisted, acting as if I didn't even hear his last few words and he rolled his eyes backing off.

"Am not listening to your excuse okay. just come down Tehreem. Please yar!" he pleaded like a kid instant upon his wish and I sighed a little thinking.

"Agar aesi koi bat hea to tumhen Hussain se bat kerni chaiye Tehreem beta! talk to him and find out what he thinks about you. mein to pata kerney se rahi, tum he ko jan'na hea k wo kia chahta hea, kia sochta hea"

Ma's voice rang up in my head, I gave all that going out thing a thought, maybe I should ask him or tell him I was fine if he doesn't want this relation.

After all we all have the right to choose our partners, am nobody to be in forced upon him.

"okay. chaliye" I stated and his faced prominently lit up as he smiled wide.

"I thought you would take a whole eternity in deciding and then would go out with our grandson" he joked, I tried to smile but poorly failed.

"Okay I think I should leave before you will say that jab ek lerka or lerki akeley hon to teesra shaitaan hota hea." he tried to mimic my tone, i knew he was trying to make me smile but I just couldn't.

"Chotha Shaitan hea, teesra Rehman hota hea. ub it depends on you, you listen to Shaitan or Rehman" I stated not looking directly at him, I could feel his gaze upon my face.

"Tehreem! are you trying to stop me here for a little more?" he asked, amused and I turned towards the wardrobe trying to ignore his presence. 

he walked up to me and stopped right near me"wesey if you want me around you, you can just tell me. ruk jata hoon mein" I looked up at him blinking my eyes, his smirk changed into a soft smile and I lowered my gaze. 

He cleared his throat. "So uh, am waiting downstairs. Come quick" he flashed a quick bright smile before walking back and stepped out of my room.

Hussain's POV

Kids were playing happily in the lawn with the toys, a few throwing the balloons up in the air and catching them back while the others munching on their candy floss. Their giggles, chatters and laughter spread in the air.

Tehreem stood leaning with a tree trunk; holding her candy floss untouched, her eyes fixated on them, her eyes as if catching each and every move and slowly a smile appeared on the corner of her lips as kept looking ahead.

Hussain Asif, falling in love with a girl like Tehreem; clad in a big double of her size chader, no grand clothing, not a single sprinkle of makeup, no fancy jewelry, no flaunting...

Ye sab kab ho gaya, kesey ho gaya q jaan nai paya mein? I never though of falling for Tehreem, mein to nafrat kerta tha us se, us k nam se bhi chirrh thi mujhey. Phir ye kia ho gaya?

If I can fall in love with Tehreem then I think all the make up brands should be banned and every single boutique and fashion house should be shut close.

Lerki ho to Tehreem jesi ho. Bus.

"nai ye mera hea. mein nai doongi" just at a little distance a little girl in a cute pink frock was holding her candy floss in one hand and balloon in the other, as she shook her head to another girl standing in front of her.

"but you have balloon as well, I want candy floss too" she whined pouting making me smile at her cute expressions.

"Mujhey nai dena" the girl in the cute frock still repulsive when I saw Tehreem walked towards them and crouched down near them.

"you can have mine" she offered her cotton candy to the girl whose face lit up holding a huge smile and taking the treat she ran off, Tehreem smiled at her as her gaze followed the happy girl.

I slowly walked towards her as she stood on her feet once again, still looking at the girl playing chirping on the swings now. "kia in sab k maa baap nai Hussain?" she asked sensing my presence near her.

"Nai. but still they aren't alone you know, coz they all have the one who is above any relation. Rabb" I stated and her head spun into my direction, her eyes held a little surprise and I raised my brow.

"what? Is it only you who can throw words of wisdom?" I asked pretending offended and she shook her head looking away, with a little smile on her lips.

"Do you often come here?" she asked, I shoved my hands in my jeans pockets feeling cold as it was almost evening.

"Its my Uncle's orphanage, but frankly speaking I just came here today, I thought you would like it... I mean the kids" I quickly explained feeling a little bad for her but it seemed she didn't notice.

"Rabb ki maslihat us ki hikmat, hum insaan kahan samajh saktey hen. Maa baap cheen leta hea wo, phir bhi kehta hea sabr karo. Shukr karo. Kaash itna asaan hota sabr or shuker kerna" I heard her saying, the kids were being taken back inside.

"Come on get in. all of you. barish honey wali hea" a woman grazed all of them inside glancing up at the grayish black clouds.

"Agar wo sabr kerny ko kehta hea to sabr deta bhi to woi hea na Tehreem!" I found myself talking just like her, she looked at my face and I pressed an assuring smile. "you have to be strong for your mother, you have to smile and come back to life, life hasn't stopped for you Tehreem!"

"Life is still beautiful. Trust me"

I couldn't look away as if her gaze had captured mine and I won't leave them now, as if my life depends on those deep black eyes still puffed a little seeming a little too big for that small innocent face of hers.

A few drizzles fell from above, she quickly looked away breaking the stupor and I looked up.

"hey! There!" I pointed towards the shelter of the orphanage and together we walked ahead, it wasn't raining hard just a little drizzling but the air was cold enough to send shivers in my body.

Tehreem's POV

Crossing my arms around myself I peeked up from the shelter on the sky above, little droplets falling down adding into the cold.

I looked to my left finding him looking up at the sky, a smile was plastered on his face as he looked up puffs of steam coming out from his mouth and before I could look away he looked down at me.

I had to talk to him about this relation, this wedding which can be a burden over his shoulders if he doesn't want a wife like me, I should talk to him... per najaney q, alfaaz nai mil rahe thy, kia kahoon? Kia poochoon kuch samajh nai aa raha tha.

I was in my thoughts when I found him pacing slowly towards me, he stopped at a few steps from me and I blinked my eyes at him. His smile was soft and comforting for some strange reasons, solacing my aching heart.

He glanced out of the shelter at the rain before he heaved up a sigh and looked at me. 

"Pata hea, agar tum Tehreem na hoteen koi or hoteen to....

His eyes for a few moments searched my expressions before he added going down to one of his knees. "to mein apne ghutno per jhuk ker, apna hath tumhari taraf berha ker tumhen dance ko poochta" he raised his hand and his open palm pointing up at me, I blankly looked down at his smiling face.

"Or tum aahista se apna hath merey hath mein thama deteen" he stated all so softly, my heartbeats were quickening and tongue locked... couldn't even think of uttering any words at the moment.

He slowly got up to his feet and took a couple of steps towards me. "Agar tum Tehreem na hoteen koi or hoteen to mein hath tumhari qamar mein daal ker tumhen apne buhat pass ker leta" my breath literally hitched up in my throat, my mouth perched and eyes looking into his, who was intently looking back in them.

"itna pass k phir koi doori na rehti dermiyan. Itna pass k bus in aankhon k siwa kuch dikhaai na deta or in dherkano k siwa kuch sunai na deta" with a serious expression on his face his eyes bored into mine.

Per mein Tehreem hoon Hussain! jo ye sab kabhi nai ker paye gi. Maybe you should back off, maybe you should find someone who can walk up to your expectations.

And slowly the smile came back over his lips and his eyes twinkled. 'Per agar tum Tehreem na hoteen koi or hoteen, to Khuda ki qasam mein Hussain na hota koi or hota" his words solemn making my heart skipped a beat instantly.

"Q k pata nai kun, ub Hussain k naam k sath Tehreem k nam k ilawa kuch jachta he nai merey dil ko" my eyes lowered unable to bare his gaze any more, heard his little chuckle and with that he moved back, I could feel heat in my cheeks and my heartbeats for the first time that wild and clearly audible to my ears.

Jo kuch kehta tha batana tha, poochna tha sab bhula diya...

"Mom dad and Shehry are coming in two weeks" my head spun up into his direction as he stated, I frowned at him.

He blinked his eyes before rolling his tongue over his lips as if was trying to come up with something. "mein tum se shadi kerna chahta hoon, Tehreem!"

.... clouds rambled up on the sky and my heart stopped beating inside my chest.

Shehry's POV

"Dad! please don't do this, you are embarrassing me. Mom! yar samjhaen Dad ko" I looked helplessly at Mom who was smiling softly.

"I should have listened to you Shehry! mujh se buhat bari ghalti ho gai" Dad repeated for the fiftieth time and I rolled my eyes, holding his hand in mine. "I slapped you" he added to himself dejectedly and I chuckled a little, shaking my head.

"Dad please! Aesa bhi kuch nai ho gaya ub, bus ek thapparr he to tha. Or ap ko poora haq hea dantney ka, marney ka, naraaz honey ka. Ap ki jaga koi bhi hota yei kerta"

"In fact mein hota to chitrol ker ker k sr per ek baal na chora hota, khotey k" I joked and he smiled, Mom chuckled.

"Khaberdaar jo merey potey per hath bhi uthaya to, ya usey khota kaha to" Mom boasted making me groan while dad smiled, nodding his head.

"Your Mom is right, don't you dare" he added taking her side and I surrendered keeping my palms up in the air.

"Your wish my command" I stated and they laughed together.

"Shehry beta! Tumhen Haya kesi lagti hea?" She asked the same question, she asked a few months back and I frowned. looking at Dad I found him looking at my face intently. ye ho kia raha hea?

"Uh, achi hea Mom! I mean achi lagti hea. Q?" 

"Oho! wesey he kuch nai" She patted my shoulder casually.

Mom got up from the couch. "Acha Shehry beta! get ready, we will leave in an hour"

"Where?" I asked but Mom was already leaving the room

"Hum ne Qadir bhai or unki family ko invite kiya hea" Dad informed as he got up and my jaws dropped.

"What? But why dad?"

"What do you mean by why dad? kuch bat kerni hea un se" he looked at me seriously, no joke mood and I mentally did an inna lilahi wa inna ilaihe ra'jioon

"But Dad! why me? I mean I seriously don't want to go after what happened, I don't want them to be embarrassed or feel guilty in front of me. seriously Dad! ap or mom jaiye" I tried to convince him but he shook his head.

"Hergiz nai. Tumhara jana important hea, there is a surprise for you son!" he patted my cheek lovingly and I frowned as I saw him smirking a little before he walked out of the room.

"What the fried fish!!!! Shehry! there is definitely something rotten inside"

....

We didn't go to their place instead Mom dad had invited them on dinner outside in a rather fancy hotel; something extremely fishy is coming to your way Shehry! get your ass ready for that man!

I thought as we waited for them in the hotel, I picked up the glass of water and gulped a few sips feeling my throat perched but suddenly I felt like sprinting the sip out of my mouth into Mom's lap as my eyes caught sight of something...someone.

Was she really Haya?

Mein pehchanta bhi na agar us k left right Qadir uncle or Salma aunty na hotey.

Straight hair?

No spectacles?

No baggy boyish T-shirt?

OMG!!! She was wearing a frock? And....heels?

Okay Shehry! so finally you lived up to witnessing a brand new wonder of the world. BRAVO!! Standing ovation for yourself buddy!!

"Shehry! moo band karo" I heard Mom's smug tone and literally gaped the air in my mouth as I shut it close and got up, they walked up to the table accompanied by a man in uniform who formally left them to our table and after a bow he left.

Hi! Hello! Salam! In all that my eyes were just trying to absorb all that drastic changes in Haya, who actually looked like a girl for a change.

Qadir uncle hugged me a little too firm, patting my back and I could sense that hidden gratitude in his smile the way he looked at me and I smiled back genuinely. They sat down and Haya looked at me.

"Hi!" she greeted with a smile.

"Hello!" clearing my throat a little I greeted back and she clearly smirked.

"Haya! beta you are looking so pretty, nice change" Mom looked at her admiringly and she smiled, tugging her strand of hair at the back of her ear.

"Are you okay?" I asked in almost an amused whisper and she raised her eyebrow. "lerki lerki si feeling aa rahi hea aj tum se"

"Shokhey honey ki zaroorat nai okay" she rolled her eyes despite the smile on her lips and I chuckled.

Thankfully Qadir uncle didn't start that topic and dinner was served while them four talking, laughing.

"So you are moving to Texas?" Haya asked and I nodded, gulping down my morsel.

"Next week Inn shaa Allah!" I told her and she smiled, nodding her head.

"No coming back to New York?" she asked after a few moments and I shrugged my shoulders.

"well, I will have to look after Dad's business there so definitely its going to be rough and tough routine, but New York is my life yar! I will be visiting making excuses you know" I winked at the end and she giggled, nodding knowingly.

"Han but for that you'll have to have an excuse Shehry beta!" Salma Aunty remarked and I nodded.

"Soch raha hoon bahana he Aunty!" I stated.

"Bahana chalo hum de dety hen tumhen" Mom looked at me with a meaningful smile and I frowned, not getting her and she shook her head

"Qadir bhai! Ye milna milana to bus bahana tha hum ne derasal ek buhat ahem bat kerni thi ap se" dad stated, Haya looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Barey or un ki ahem batein. You never know when they halal you in their talkings" I leaned in towards Haya whispering and she chuckled, that fragrance out from her hair was just too much to handle.

Why do girls use these fragrant shampoos? Sending us these haraam feelings....

"Kia bat hea Asif? I hope all is okay" Uncle seemed serious as he looked between Mom and dad, and I swear Mom's smile was sending willies down my spine.

"We want something from you Qaadir bhai! Buhat qeemti cheez apki mangeny ja rahe hen" Mom stated keeping a straight face and I don't know my brain started beeping a hooter inside.

Fried Fish Alert!!!

"Arey ap kahiye to Bhabi! Bataiye kia chaiye?" Salma aunty smiled, dad shifted a little in his chair as he kept both his hands on the table making a steeple out of his index fingers, something he does when he is thinking something extreme important or serious.

"Salma bhabi! Ap humein apna ye chand ka tukra de dijiye" dad stated softly as he looked affectionately at Haya and my heart stopped beating, jaws dropped, eyes popped out and mouth perched. I must be looking a total shit at the moment.

Haya's POV

"Salma bhabi! Ap humein apna ye chand ka tukra de dijiye" Asif uncle's words sent shivers down my spine, the dessert bite in my mouth went stuck in my throat as I tried to gulp down.

"Humein Shehry k liye Haya buhat pasand hea" Shaista aunty added, I couldn't understand where to go, where to look or to hide. It was all so sudden and unexpected.

"Shaista bhabi! Ap.... Ye...

Dad clearly sounded at loss of words while Mom seemed never happier before.

I looked sideways at Shehry, who looked far more stunned and surprised than me, and I could clearly see that Shehry was absolutely unaware of this coming. He was looking least happy with that and I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"If you don't have any objection then...

"Objection is that you called us on dinner, asking for our daughter's hand but there is no mithaai shithaai. Ae te khula tazzad ae Asif bhai!" I heard dad's saying and they all laughed, but my gaze was now fixate on Shehry. whose smile didn't reach to his eyes at all.

"Q Shehry beta! how was the surprise?" Asif uncle asked him, still happily smiling and Shehry pressed a smile as he looked anywhere but at me.

"Tussi te waqai heraan ker detta Dad!" he remarked and they all chuckled.

"Uh, Dad!..." I addressed him, trying to take him out of that stupor of joy and at least look at his daughter. "Can I... I mean can we talk....

"Uh, yeah! Yeah sure. Why not? Go Shehry!" Shaista aunty stated urgently instead of Dad and as I got up, she nudged Shehry to stand up and he did.

It was hell awkward.

We silently walked out from that hall, stepping out in open.

"Listen! Haya, Uh...

"Its okay Shehry! you don't have to explain yourself. I can see the awkwardness is mutual" I cut him as he looked here and there trying to come up with an apology I guess. "or maybe greater at your end" I mumbled the later part, looking down fidgeting with my fingers but the silence screamed, he heard that.

I dunno why a part of me was sad looking Shehry like this, maybe I was happy with the decision????

"Haya! its not like...

"Shehry! I know few people can only be best being friends but maybe our parents felt other ways" I stated, looking at him finding his gaze firm upon my face.

Tugging the hair at the back of my ear I practicaly cursed myself for all that I did; makeup, hairdo, this idot frock and these goddamn heels. I wish I knew this was coming, all this added more into that awkward situation.

"and its all because of me, I should have never dragged you into that, should have listened to you when you warned me about this. Mujhey nai pata tha k ye sab is terha...

Frustratingly, I raked my fingers through my hair as I shook my head.

"Haya! its okay. relax" I heard him saying softly.

"Yeah, its okay all is fine. we will go inside and I will talk to them, I mean I will explain all this to your parents. It was my fault so why you..

But I had to shut up when Shehry held me by my arms. "chup ho ja kuriye! Kitna putter putter kerdi ae tu. Uff tobah!" he made a face. "kia sari umer aesey he sun'na parey ga tumhen?" he frowned down at me, while I stared his face, taken aback.

"Wha-what do you mean?"

He rolled his lower lips in between his teeth as he scratched the back of his head.

"Shehry! what are you upto?" I furrowed my brows. "I know you don't want to marry me, so please don't....

"Why can't we get married?" he casually asked, something inside me churned up at just the thought of that.

"Dekho! Aesa nai hea k mein aj mom dad ki bat per shock nai hua, I was equally stunned but shadi to kerni he hea na kisi na kisi se so why not each other? What is the catch in it?" he frowned all so casually as if was asking me to solve a sum for him and for a moment I looked up for right words.

"Look! Am not a marriage material girl okay and you know this. Why don't you go find somebody worth you, worth your love"

"yar dhoond loon mager buhat time lag jae ga us mein, boorha ho jaoon ga tab tak; baal safaid or qamar jhuki hui plus ander ki machinery bhi farigh ho chuki ho gi tab tak to...." he scrunched his nose and I wonder if he was getting what we were talking about, why wasn't he serious?

"tab tak to koi maasi museebti he reh gai ho gi merey liye" he made a face jerking his head.

"Plus its only me who can bare with your tantrums Haya! trust me itne nakhrey to Michelle bhabi k bhi Obama bhai nai uthatey hon ge" he claimed making me frown, I tried to held that smile hidden.

"Shehry! be serious okay. we can not marry each other. Am going inside and will tell them as well" I announced and was about to walk off when he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

He took a step forward killing the distance between us and I blinked my eyes at his serious expressions.

"I don't claim to be in love with you haya! neither I claim to love you like some Romeo, Ranjha or Majnoo. What am saying is simple; I never dreamt of some kareena, Katrina or Megan Fox, I am full of vices, so I want a girl who is equally imperfect and we can together do the plus and minus of joy and sorrows in life"

His eyes bored deep in mine as he spoke genuinely, being serious for a change.

"thora tum mujhey berdasht kerna kuch mein tumhen she loon ga, or kia pata kab muhabbat ho jaye" he shrugged his shoulders.

"coz I believe not everybody falls in love and then get married, few get married and then fall in love. You know playing safe is playing better" he winked, making my heart doing a back flip.

Feeling loss at words I gulped down and tried to pull my wrist out from his grip.

"na ker nakhrey kuriye! Chal han ker de" he made a kissing face and my tummy growled, I wanted to say a NO, but it seemed my own heart betrayed my mind.

Shehry's POV

Her cheeks turned a little crimson though she still managed to act otherwise and I rolled my eyes mentally.

"Confess it that you like me Haya! and trust me there is nothing wrong about innocent confessions" I stated as we walked back towards the hall and she glared at me, despite the blush in her cheeks.

"Before I smack you head with my heels just shut up Shehry!" she threw a tantrum and I chuckled.

"Acha? But your cheeks showed otherwise han" I pulled her cheek and she quickly slapped my hand off, trying to held her giggle and I laughed at her expressions.

"mein koi tumhari dewaani shewani nai hoon okay, don't count me in those idiot girls who droll on you without any reason" she pressed upon the last part and I continued laughing.

"Ah! There are more reasons than you can even count girl! and by the way, don't call them idiot okay. I love them all" I stated and a smirked spread across my lips as she raised her eyebrow suspiciously at me.

"Love them all????? Very good. un he mein se koi dhoond letey phir tum" she tried to sound all cool and casual but I chuckled at the hidden fumes I could smell.

"acha suno!" I called her to stop as I saw we were almost near the hall entrance where all four of them must be waiting anxiously for us. She stopped and turned looking at me.

"wo uh, you look good in this lerki-numa form of yours" I stated and found her smile a little. "but....

I trailed off and she frowned. "but I like that more, that Haya, that old one; curls are your thing you know, and those lousy pants and those XL shirts, and you look much better with glasses as well" I was finally able to vomit it out, what I was thinking since the moment I saw her in the hotel tonight.

Looking at her face I found her smiling in a way I couldn't guess what she might be thinking, but her eyes sparkled a little as she rolled her tongue over her lower lip before biting it.

"so... am not looking good like this?" she asked smirking.

"Nai wo bat nai but you know what, mera khercha bach jaya karey ga purani wali Haya se, make up tum kerti nai, or kaprey bus meri he jeans or shirts pehen liya kerna. Kitni economical bivi ho gi tum qasam se" I smiled in relief and she punched my arm giggling.

"Mean aadmi! Dafa ho jao" and with that she marched towards the door , leaving a huge smile plastered on my boothi.

....

Hope u liked the chapy guys :)

Favorite part????

And Arsalan again???? ;) LOLZZ

Stay tuned for more

Loveyou all <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 1.1K 33
Completed✔✔ Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim With the ups and the downs of this world, never fret never frown Allah know's. No matter what's inside or out...
531 53 17
Some people never experience peace Their pain never ease Maybe their peace is the next world Maybe for them it's the life after death ***** You...
164K 14.1K 34
Love,a magnamous four lettered word that can provoke joy, happiness yet it has the the power to incite destruction and chaos. Why is it always linked...
599K 32K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...