Towards Dawn #Wattys2016

Por erumkhan19

Yes they have seen dawn... They have witnessed the most beautiful moments but for that they had to stay up th... Mais

A New Journey
1. Somewhere in the World
2. Bloom and Burn
3. Outburst
4. Ibraheem
5. How It All Started...
5.1: Chunks From Past
5.2. First Chat Went Wrong
5.3. Parents.... the Perfect Bond
5.4. Regret
5.5. The Strange New Girl
5.6. Illegitimate
5.7. She was Beautiful
5.8. She is Bewitching Me
5.9. A Journey Together
5.10. Pain and Trapped
5.11. Horror and Confession
5.12. The Big Cost
6. Grave Affliction
7. Stupefied
7.1. Wounded
7.3. Grumpy Affections
7.4. Affection or Confusion?
7.5. Falling???
7.6. Brutal
7.6. Muhabbat
7.7. Wrong Dreams?
7.8. Fatal Fall
7.9. Regard and Reverence
7.10. Surprises
7.11. Love and Betrayal
7.12. The Big Day...About to Ruin?
7.13. Ruined
7.14. Shattered Hearts
7.15. Dissonance and Discord
7.16. Adam or Iblees?
7.17. Hum Kahan Chal Diye
8. Promises and Heartache
9. And They Met Again
10. Revival of Yesterday
11. Proposal
12. Old Bonds
13. Pang of Pain
14. The Dawn....
Epilogue
Q/A: Iblees or Tehreem

7.2. Awkward

2.1K 257 150
Por erumkhan19

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Chapter # 7.2

Aleena's POV

They were standing face to face with just a few feet distance.

Dad and Ibraheem bhai..... finally; finally the day came, the day I yearned for years the day Dad and I waited for so long.

But why the distance? Why was the environment in my lounge felt like stingy and suffocated. I always imagined this day full of tears and hugs, warm embraces and old talks but there was nothing like that.

Bhai was looking at dad in such a dry way as if there was no emotion in him and Dad, I knew dad wanted to hug him and cry over his shoulder and ask for forgiveness but bhai didn't let him to and that made my heart ache badly.

"you heard me right. I have no emotions in my heart for you" he repeated his words as Dad stared him blankly.

"yeah. I once had, I even used to wait for the person as my Dad but then I grew up and realized it was just a childish wish, a joke my heart was playing with me to keep me happy"

"I realized there is no such person who will come to hug me and throw me up in the air and then catch me back then I will laugh and he will kiss my forehead. And a person who will come to my school meet my friends and I will proudly call him....my dad"

I gulped the lump down my throat, I could not look at his face as Dad was looking down now shaking his head dejectedly but I didn't have to look at his face to know how shattered he was.

"Hey am sorry! I guess I have bored you all. Right?" bhai stated all coolly looking at him and then at me. "because I did not come here for any emotional talk or warm hugs and that kinda shit" he added. Dad looked up at him.

I could see pain on his face and that sting in his words. He was hurt himself.

"forgive me son!" dad's voice was low and not more than a plea. As much as I hated that I knew it was important as well, inevitable I guess.

"I can't" he stated as a matter of fact tone and I frowned. "I can't because trust me when I say this, I did not give a damn you were there for me or not"

"Bhai please!" I took a step towards him but he raised his index stopping me from any further his gaze was still fixed on dad.

"It's my Mom" he added, dad's face muscles went tensed and jaws clenched. "unfortunately your ex wife...

"your Mom is still my wife"

"Ah!" Bhai chuckled sarcastically as dad uttered. "I wonder if a husband abandons his wife for some 20 years and then out of nowhere comes back and states that Darling! You are still my wife lets celebrate...wow! You deserve an applause Mr Khawar Ali Randhawa!" he clapped his hand as he mockingly stated, I felt a lump in my throat.

"am your father" Dad tried to keep his voice strict but he couldn't. he still sounded tired and defeated.

"No. you are just a man standing in front of me, a man I don't know. And I will never call you dad unless and until my mom forgives you" bhai stated firmly.

He took a few steps towards Dad and stood right in front of him peering straight into his eyes. "mujh se nai meri maa se maafi mangiye. Jin ko bees saal rulaaya hea apne her her aansoo k liye maafi mangni hogi. Meri ragon mein apka khoon hea na...shaid isi liye I behaved like a pervert with her following my father's footsteps" his eyes were throwing fire at Dad.

I knew this all will happen then why it was paining like hell? I cant see my Dad like this...doesn't matter whats the reason I just cant stand him like that broken and shattered.

"girrgira ker ghutno k bal beth ker maafi mangna hogi Mr Khawar Ali Randhawa!" he seethed through gritted teeth.

"or jis din meri maa ne apko maaf kerdiya shaid mein bhi apko maaf ker sakoon" he added before taking steps back.

Ibraheem looked at me, his gaze turned softer. "until then no hugs and kisses. Am sorry I can't" tear rolled down my cheek and my breath hiccuped. He walked up to me, my head hung even lower.

Sab meri waja se ho raha hea.... I was the bone of contention.

I felt his fingers touched my chin as he pulled my face up. "that's why I told you to leave us alone. I didn't want my little sister to get into all this coz its nothing about you" he stated softly assuring me.

"Aleena! Do you here me?" he repeated a little loud and stern and I looked at him. "you are that little angel, that cute little chutki I always craved for. I love you and there is no one in this world who can stop me from doing so" his hand came up to my head as he pressed it a little I couldn't smile.

"forgive him Bhai!" I pleaded.

"let him fight for his battles Aleena! They have to confront each other" he added softly looking into my eyes.

And then he heaved up a sigh as he looked away from my face. "We are leaving New York in a day that means even after wasting 20 years you still have 24 hours left. now it depends on you"

For a last time he turned his head and looked at Dad before barging off the lounge towards the exit.

Nai Ibraheem bhai! Sab meri waja se hua tha, or theek bhi mein he karoon gi.

I promise you will call him dad, hug him and cry over his shoulder. I promise.

Hussain's POV

I dragged a chair and sat down before picking up a slice of bread from the tray.

"Samra beta! where is Tehreem?" Mami asked her as we were about to start the breakfast and my hand halted in the mid air.

I looked at Samra who was sitting to my left finding her stare already at me but she quickly looked away and addressed her mom.

"uh, Ammi! Wo Tehreem has fever"

"What? How come? She was perfectly fine yesterday" Mami suddenly got worried, her forehead crumbled into a frown.

"wo rat mein pani buhat thanda tha or garam kiye bagher he naha li" Samra's words laced with discomfort and I looked at her.

"kitni bar kaha hea usey k pani garam ker liya karey, ek to pata nai kitni bar rat mein uthti hea. ub itni serdi hea ooper se gas nai Allah maaf kerne wala hea. kaha bhi hea k na kiya karey itne thandey pani se wazu. Ye lerki mane tab na" Mami kept on shaking her head as she dragged her chair back and got up.

"tum log nashta karo mein zara dekh aaoon usey" she stated. "Hussain beta theek se nashta karo. Samra! usey ye gazrela bhi do" she looked at me and I smiled before she instructed her and left.

"gazreley mein thora zeher na mila doon?" I heard Samra spatted and I looked at her.

"kun janab! Mein ne konsi tumhari bhains churai hea" I frowned.

"don't act oblivious okay! this happened because of you. Tehreem ki is halat k zimedaar ho tum" she pointed the fork in her hand towards my face and I backed off.

"excuse me???"

"you must be thinking that Tehreem would be just like those girls you have met and befriend in life, or may be a little shy than them or just a little reserve than the friends you have till now?" she asked and I raised my brow not getting what she wanted to imply.

"Hussain! Tehreem is different and I thought you know this already. I thought you know her you understand what kind of a girl she is but I was so wrong and am so sorry that I went all excited when I came to know you are coming here and she would be too. So that would be fun"

She took a pause in her non stop blabbering.

"but trust me fun ki maa behen ker di tum ne aatey k sath he. Like seriously Hussain? why did you touch her?"

"What?" I almost jumped up from the chair as she asked in a disgusted way. "sit down Hussain! don't act as if you didn't do that last night" she rolled her eyes, something inside me started boiling.

"so this is what she told you? that I touched her" I didn't sit back.

"Check karo ja ker kaheen us ne ub tak facebook per post or twitter per tweet he na ker diya ho. With #HussainAsiftouchedme #diedofhappiness #Dreamcometrue....

"Shut up Hussain!" Samra frowned hard as she slapped my arm.

"she didn't tell me anything Hussain!"

"oh! I see. Then maybe you have those CCTV cameras fit here and there in your parliament house" I snapped and she got up as well.

"I came to find you. I didn't know wahan tumhari jagha koi or lerki hogi and trust me Samra! if only I knew before that Tehreem is living here I would have never come here" I stated firmly and she shook her head.

"Dekho Hussain! tum...

"or ek bat" I raised my hand stopping her in the middle.

"na mein usey hath laganey mein interested hoon na us se bat kerney mein, agar wo chillati na to mein kabhi us k moo per hath na rakhta. Per mujhey lagta hea k madam ka dimaagh utna he kharab hea jitna mein ne socha tha. I was right about her"

"Un ko haseen kia bol diya janab ka damagh mazeed kharab ho gaya"

"Hussain! aesa kuch nai hea wo buhat achi or buhat saadi lerki hea. but thori alag hea baki lerkiyon se. try to understand her" Samra's tone went a little softer and I looked away from her face.

"you don't know what happened last night Hussain!" I looked back at her face, i dunno why all of a sudden I felt she would burst up in tears any time. "she was... she was like....

"kesey bataoon mein tumhen" she moved a hand through her hair helplessly and I frowned.

"you must think that if a boy praises a girl and flatters her she would feel happy about this?" she asked I stayed quiet. "but Tehreem won't. she doesn't want to be called a pari or haseen or whatever by any boy Hussain! doesn't matter if that's even you. Her would be husband"

"You maybe a heartthrob of millions of girls out there but Tehreem doesn't even know the D of Dhoombros so please get a life bro!"

She stated firmly and I rolled my eyes. "stop telling me that she is some kind of a farishta Samra! please stop all this"

"don't tell me that she is something different than the rest of the girls in the world coz she is clearly not" I said and she shook her head.

"tum nai samjho ge Hussain!" she stated after a long sigh and I shrugged my shoulders, sitting back in the chair.

"samajhna bhi nai hea"

I casually picked up a mug and filled it with tea, she after a few moments sat back.

Pata nai kia samajh rakha hea sab ne usey.

Mein bhi dekhta hoon kia cheez hen muhterma.

"or pata ni us bewaqoof lerki ne apni kalaai kahan se zakhmi ker li. Or bad mein bandage bhi nai kerwa rahi thi" she stated almost to herself, making me remember about the blood stain on my shirt.

I wanted to ask but Mami was coming down stairs and I decided otherwise. She came near us I could see her even worried now she stopped near the chair but didn't sit back.

"Samra beta! Tehreem ki tabeat to buhat ziada kharab hea, bukhar buhat tez hea or kapkapi bhi hea zid ker rahi hea k nai jaye gi doctor k pas" she informed and Samra again glanced at me.

"Doctor k pas to jana chaiye ye to ghalat bat hea. mein le jata hoon"

"Hussain! wo tumharey sath nai jae gi. Wo perdah kerti hea" Samra cut me through and I placed my cup back in the saucer.

"to mein konsa usey date per le ja ker kisi baagh mein duet ganey wala hoon" I glared at her before looking back at Mami. "or kia perdah kerne wali lerkiyan doctors k pass nai jati Mami?"

"Bilkul jati hen" Mami said. "mein samjhati hoon usey, Hussain beta le jao werna kaheen ziada he tabeat kharab na ho jaye. Paraai bachi hea" Mami took my side and I smirked winningly at Samra before picking up my tea cup.

"Hussain! what are trying to do?" Samra fisted my sleeve and almost pulled me towards him once Mami got busy in the morning news paper.

"What? You said it was happened coz of me so am just making things straight" I stated and she narrowed her eyes.

"and you don't know by the way, perdah kerne wali lerkiyon k boyfriends bhi hotey hen. Aesa sochna k jo perdah kerti hea wo farishta hea. ye ghalat hea." I stated seriously and she jerked my arm off.

"Ammi! We can call the doctor here as well" she suggested and I hide my smile looking down at the table.

Mujh se bacha to aese rahi thi Tehreem ko jesey mein koi gabbar tha or wo basanti.

Ibraheem's POV

"Ibraheem beta! all packed? Just check if anything is missing or you want anything then do let me know I am going to market in a while" Mom stated hurriedly while multitasking; our chord less was kept between her ear and shoulder, one hands busy in stuffing things in her hand bag while the other busy with cell phone.

"Mom! you look more like an octopus at the moment" I stated and she didn't even chuckle or smile. I guess she didn't even hear that.

"yeah! So is it final now? Can we move to that apartment?" she was busy with the agent on phone.

"Are you sure? Coz Mr Patrick I don't want any scene created once we reach there. Make sure the person has signed the papers and handed over to you"

"Thank you" she stated and hung up as she heaved up a sigh and then leaned in the sofa. She rested her head back her eyes shut.

She looked tired and I suddenly felt bad for her, it was all my job, my tasks she had been doing so long.

I was about to speak when the door bell rang and my heart jumped up. I dunno why the same bell I had been hearing for last 19 year felt completely different as if ....as if....

Mom's eyes were still closed. "Ibraheem! Beta look who is there at the door" but I tip toed and moved into the kitchen without making any sound. The doorbell rang once again and this time I heard Mom's complaints about how lousy I was for not even being able to open the door.

Tehreem's POV

"Take care beta!" the doctor patted my cheek as she got up keeping her stethoscope back in the briefcase and I smiled weakly.

My body was in acute pain as if every bone is going to break into bits and my fever never going down. Since tahajjud I was feeling extremely sick.

"What have you done to yourself Tehreem!" Samra stated disapprovingly once Aunty left with the doctor. Ignoring her frown I held her hand in mine as I looked at her face.

"Samra! please let me go from here. I cant live in the same house with him and you know this"

"Acha abhi ye batein choro" she tried to end the topic but I shook my head.

"Why don't you understand? Agar mein yahan rahi to is char dewaari mein qaid ho ker reh jaoon gi. Samra! mein nai reh sakti jahan Hussain hon ge its wrong" I pleaded.

"Acha? To wo lerkiyan jo joint families mein rehti hen phir to sari jahannami hueen wo. Hea na?" she asked and I remained quiet.

"tumharey ghar jab tumhare cousins aaty thy to kia kerti theen? Kamrey mein band ho jati theen?" she asked again and again I remained quiet.

"perdah kerti theen na? nazer ka soch ka libaas ka. To bus ub bhi wohi karo Tehreem!" she pressed my hand a little.

"Hussain is taking admission in a university. Subha jaya karey ga sham mein ghar ghussey ga. Tab tak koi tension nai or jab aa jaya karey ga to perdah ker lena"

"But Samra!...

"Dekho!" she cut me through as I tried to tell her it wasn't only about perdah...it was about his presence around me. it was about the mail he sent me. it was about last night, it was about what my mind has started articulating all of a sudden.

"dekho Tehreem! People out there look at a mod Scot girl and think that wah bhai! Bari he koi confident or composed lerki hea" she stated mockingly. "and when ever they look at a girl in abaya or hijab or perdah they started stating k pata nai perdey ki aarh mein kia kerti hon gi ander khana" she added in the same tone and I frowned.

"I have always look up to you as an inspiration Tehreem! As a girl who is the most confident and composed, ek aesi lerki jo kisi se kam nai kisi bhi lihaaz se."

"Tum kehti ho na Tehreem k mazboot or bahadur lerkiyan perdah kerti hen. To wada karo k jo tum ne kal rat kiya dobara nai ho ga" she looked straight into my eyes and I gulped down. My throat ached.

Hussain's POV

....A day later....

Quickly getting dressed in a maroon shirt and black jeans I wore Shehry's black leather jacket to keep myself warm as weather turned even colder here.

Gelling my hair a little I combed them leftward and with a final glance on my reflection in the mirror I picked up my file and stepped out of the room.

Checking if all the documents were in place I walked up to the kitchen. I didn't feel like disturbing Mami for my breakfast and decided to make something myself.

But my feet halted in the the door frame finding Tehreem busy inside over the small counter.

Aa gaeen Muhterma. Dushman-e-jaan!

Clad in a simple baby pink loose long shirt with matching shalwar which was coming in her feet as if an inch or two were mistakenly increased, her duppatta wrapped firm over her head and around her shoulders.

Her gaze was fixed on the sandwich maker in front of her and didn't even bother to look at me. Ignoring her I stepped in and opened the fridge for milk but found it nowhere. I shut the door and looked at the counter, Tehreem was now straining tea in a mug.

A frown appeared on my forehead as my gaze landed on her hands while she was straining tea; her sleeves were abnormally coming down to half of her palms. I could only see those sleek fingers and her skin seemed to be the finest most beautiful shade of pink.

Shaking my thoughts I walked up to the counter and picked up the milk pack but it was empty.

Sara doodh pee gai? Bhains hea kia?

And to my grief the pack of bread was empty as well. I picked up the milk pack and the empty bread shopper and threw it in the bin with a little more force than needed but Tehreem didn't even bother to look over or to even say anything.

No reaction? Ajeeb lerki hea.

She placed the mug in the small tray placed on the counter with two sandwiches there. Her gaze was as if permanently fixed on the tray downwards and as if she didn't even know I existed and stood there on a just a few feet distance from her.

She picked up the tray and turned towards the door.

I opened my mouth to call her but then stopped.

What would I even say to her?

I looked around and found nothing I could eat, with a long sigh I walked out of the kitchen finding her nowhere but to my surprise on the dinning table in the small dessert plate was placed a sandwich and reaching closer I found the cup placed near the plate was not empty as well.

Tehreem's POV

I just didn't realize he would be there so early for breakfast, Samra told me he would visit a few universities but that early?

Reciting under breath I tried my best to keep my cool and contain myself in his presence in the kitchen.

Buhat soch ker buhat larr ker khud se, khud ko samjhaya tha, k ferk nai perta un ki presence se. ignore he to ker rahi thi us waqt bhi mager phir bhi q ajeeb sa mehsoos ho raha tha?

Aaj tak kisi ki mojoodgi se ferk nai para tha mujhey phi raj.....?

Mein to kabhi Hussain k barey mein nai socha kerti thi, merey sath kuch itna awkward ho sakta hea mein ne kabhi nai socha tha.

But I don't know why since I got that mail from him if not a lot but a little had already changed.

I was straining my tea in the mug when he picked up the milk pack and I felt bad when he found it empty and same went with the bread.

What would he eat now?

He picked up both the packs and threw them harshly in the bin, Ignoring his reaction I kept the mug in the tray and walked out of the kitchen.

I walked up to the dinning table and picking up a dessert plate I divided my breakfast into two halves.

Hussain's POV

Agar wo college ja rahi thi to utri q nai abhi tak?

I looked down at my wrist watch and right then I heard a horn. I stood up from the chair and walked up to the main gate, finding a black lush brand new BMW parked right in front of the gate, looking closely I found a man seemingly in his late fifties clad in white uniform.

The engine died and the driver stepped out.

I was still looking out thinking what the car was doing here when I heard a small but stern voice at my back."Assalam-o-Alaikum!!"

Turning around I found Tehreem standing there, now in a long gray abaya with a two shade darker hijab covering her head carefully not to spill a single hair. A sling back hung over her shoulder.

She was standing at a few calculated feet from me as if I was an AIDS patient and she was scared of that. My eyes once again did a quick tour of her head to toe and I forgot to step aside.

"Uh- I...

"you are blocking my way" she cut me through and I realized I was standing right in front of the gate.

"What if I don't get a side?" I asked casually and a little frown appeared on her forehead.

"I hope you have better things to do than to stand here all day" her tone plain and dry, a little stern as well which just didn't suit her innocent face and I dunno why I smiled.

"I was kidding. Go." I stated and got aside, with a flat emotionless glance on me she stepped a head to the door.

"Acha suno!" I called her from the back as she was about to open the knob.

"Ji?"

"Do you always talk like this to everyone or there is some special place for me in your heart?" I asked keeping the sarcasm hidden and she frowned.

"like this. Rude and rough" I cleared further and her frown faded.

"I wasn't talking rude, I was just talking the way I would have been talking if my father was standing here listening to our conversation" she stated simply and this time I frowned.

"Means uncle Sultan wants you to talk to everybody in a rude way?" I asked with a little chuckle but she didn't even smile.

"No. My Rabb wants me to talk in this way with men I don't know. And it wasn't rude" she stated quite seriously.

Okay. so here she doesn't know me..... and there at home everybody is dying to shadi-fy us.

"and if you think that God has asked a girl to talk like this to everybody then please! Consult a good theologian because....

  إِنِ اتَّقَيْتُنَّ فَلَا تَخْضَعْنَ بِالْقَوْلِ فَيَطْمَعَ 

"If you fear God then do not be soft in speech"

She cut me through. "Aayat no. 32 Surah Ahzaab"

"for me the best theologian is Quran, there is nothing before that or after that" I went speechless for a moment and didn't come up with anything.

"But still am sorry if I have hurt your sentiments" She stated. 

"Allah hafiz!"

She turned and opening the gate she stepped out. I thought she would slam the door shut but no man! She softly shut the door and with small silent steps walked up to the car. The driver had already opened the back door for her. she sat in and off they go......

She was making my every single assumption about her wrong, starting from her looks to her behavior to her attitude towards me.

....

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

158K 7.3K 34
He was sitting on bed in front of me in white shirwani. The look of utter adoration and devotion was completely visible in his ocean blue eyes. So mu...
700K 43.3K 36
We all want our own 'happily ever after' and I was no different. I aspired to be like Khadija (ra), the wife of prophet Muhammad (saw) strong, faithf...
175K 21.7K 52
Highest Rank #13 in Spiritual on 10-09-017🔥. His words rang through every corner of her ears, it was so agonizing and rankling. Was that really Her...
866K 33.2K 67
Highest raking 1#spiritual He pinned me to the wall his face were inch away from mine , I turn my face because of smell of alcohol suffocating my bre...