Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Invisible
Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Second Chances
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 2
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 1
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartaches Part 1
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before
The Day Before Part 2

Dress Rehearsal Part 2

12 0 0
By dancinginthemoolight

After laying on his chest for a good 15-20 minutes, John starts to wiggle under me making me sit up.

"What's wrong?" I question raising an eyebrow.

John turns a slight shade of red before speaking, "Umm.... I need to.... Readjust."

I continue to look at him confused as he continues to wiggle. "I'm confused." I state.

John sighs and lifts me up off his lap before heading to the bathroom. He comes back out a few seconds later and plops back down on the couch.

"Better?" I have a question.

He nods his head and pulls my back putting his head in my neck. "I could stay like this forever." He mumbles, making me chuckle.

"Too bad, I have a show in 30 minutes then huh?" I responded by placing a kiss on his bare shoulder.

He audibly lets out a frustrated groan. I chuckle and place another kiss on his shoulder before pulling away from him and getting up.

I silently walk over and check the mirror to make sure the makeup hasn't gone everywhere and to check my hair before walking to the door and unlocking it.

After unlocking it I open the door to have 2 people fall in the room on the floor at my feet. This commotion caused John to sit up lifting his head off the back off the couch and send a look at the two male buffoons on the floor in front of me.

"Steve, Paul, what the f*ck are you doing?" He asks.

"Umm..." Steve replies.

John gets up and walks over, "We have been through this. Stop placing bets on my sex life. Now I am taking a toll. Give it up." He says placing his hand out for the money.

Steve slowly places a fifty on his hand and Paul gives in and repeats the action. John pockets the cash before going back to grab his shirt off the couch. However, he gets stoped.

"Whoa, when did you get the tattoo?" Steve asks, walking over and inspecting the artwork.

"Yesterday, when you took Emmy to the park to meet up with Tree." He responds,

Steve grins, "It looks cool."

John nods his head and continues to pull his shirt back up leaving it unbuttoned.

I walk back over to them and sit back down on the couch picking up the guitar again and strumming.

After a minute, John walks over and places a kiss on my cheek sitting back down and the other two buffoons do the same.

After a minute I stop and Paul grins. "It's all set up for tonight's acoustic set if you would like to use it."

I smile and nod my head, "I think that is a great idea."

John smiles and kisses my cheek. "I love you tator." I smirk back at him and kiss his cheek before nibbling on his ear.

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before rejoining the conversation, and before we know it the show is about to start.

John gets up after I change into my first outfit and kisses my cheek. "Do you need anything before I go?"

"Yeah, can you zip me up." I ask.

He groans and walks over, "I thought we talked about this?"

I smirk and turn around. "Who said you weren't gonna get to undress me tonight?"

He smiles and places a kiss on my neck before stepping away.

"I'm gonna go get Emmy up so she won't be mad. Where did you want us to be?" He questions as he walks over to the door grabbing Emmy's noise canceling headphones.

I walk over and give him a two passes and kiss his cheek. "Tree will show you. Make sure Emmy is wearing the headphones."

He nods his head and walks out, closing the door behind him. After he leaves, I finish getting ready and head to the stage.

–John's POV–

I walk out of the dressing room with the headphone in hand and head over to the couch where Emmy is asleep. Tree is around the area watching her when I go up and kiss her head.

I gently pick her up and kiss her cheeks until she begins to stir.

"Noooooo. Dada. Sweepy." She says pushing my face away and putting her head in my neck.

I chuckle. "I guess you don't wanna watch Momma's show?" I question.

This causes her head to pop up and her to look around. "No Mama show." She says pointing to the entrance.

I smile, "Okay, but you have to wear these headphones, so your little ears don't get hurt." I say pulling the head phones over her ears.

She smiles and points and I walk over to Tree.

"I was told you would show me where I need to be?"

Tree nods her head and shows me out beside the stage yet behind the barricade and talks to the crew.

"He is allowed in here. He can also bring in whoever he wants. Other than that they must have the pass I showed you earlier to get in here." She says to the security member.

He just nods his head and takes a look at my face, committing it to memory. After a second, Tree walks over to me.

"You are all set, she heads over to the B-stage at the end of Speak Now. You could either head over a minute or so after or head out before."

"Ok, thanks!" I reply looking around at the crowded room. "I thought this was a closed Dress rehearsal with just family?"

Tree chuckles, "Yeah and whoever else Scott invites. However, all phones were taken at the door so nothing gets out. So you are good to go for now."

I nod my head and set Emmy down for a second to check that her ears are covered.

"Hey Tree got a question?"

"Yeah what's up?" She asks.

"Can Emmy get on Stage real quick for a picture?"

Tree grins, "Yeah let me get up there then I grab her from you, but we gotta be quick we start in 10 minutes."

I nod and take Emmy's headphones off. "Okay baby girl, Tree is going to help you on stage so we can take a couple pictures for momma. Okay?"

Emmy nods her head in agreement.

After a second I see Tree walk to the end of the stage and reach down for her. As she does this I hold her up and Tree places her on the stage and hands her an older mic that looks like it's from the 50s. Emmy grins and starts singing and dancing on the stage for a couple of minutes before Tree bends back down to her level.

"Okay little one time to go back to daddy. Mommy is about to start."

Emmy walks over towards me and I quickly grab her before she gets too close to the edge and set her on the ground.

I hear my name and turn around, "John I need the mic back." Tree asks, pointing to the mic in Emmy's hand. I quickly bend down and take it from her and hand it to Tree.

After that Tree runs backstage and I bend putting the headphones on the baby. Once they are on her head and covering her ears the room goes dark and the screaming begins and the intro begins. As Taylor's voice is heard through the speakers and her handwriting passes over the screen the cheers grow as do the sparkles inside of Emmy's eyes.

As Taylor rises onto the stage Emmy starts screaming, "Mama!" and clapping her hands. I smile and move her from my hip to my shoulders so she can see a little better and Taylor hits her entrance,

"Drop everything now,"

As soon as the drop hits the screams triple in the venue, which is only about half full. I smile at Taylor as she sings through 'Sparks Fly'. As she reaches the chorus I look up to see Emmy singing the song and grinning from ear to ear.

This continues as Taylor gets into 'Mine' picking up a bright red guitar that looks really similar to the one I have at the house. I start following it around with my eyes for a few minutes before I look closer and see that it is in fact mine from the house. I shake my head after realizing this and sigh, chuckling under my breath.

While I was chuckling at the fact that she is using my guitar, Taylor puts her hand up making a heart before looking over and winking. I smile back at her and hold Emmy's legs down and she starts bouncing up and down while giving her momma a heart with her hands. Well the best a 2 year and 4 month old can.

As 'Mine' comes to an end and the next song begins, Taylor takes a few moments to introduce herself and welcome everyone to the show. She take time to thank the families for allowing their children, spouses, parents, and significant others to join the tour.

She then says, "Now not many of you know me, but I would not be here today without a lot of people that have impacted my life. This includes the fans that dress up and out for these events as well as buy my music and merchandise. As such the next song is going to show you a little about me, This is 'The Story of Us'." She says waving at Emmy.

Then she begins the song singing the opening words. As she does this, I look up to Emmy who is singing along. I listen to the lyrics, remembering back to when this happened.

The first time we met I was not a good person and I was not in a good place. I pay attention to the words as she passes across the stage and starts 'flirting' with Grant. I let out a soft chuckle, and by the end I laugh when she cuts him off because that is exactly what happened back then.

After she cuts him off the lights go off and a dancer comes out. Emmy watches him closely as he tap dances across the stage and entertains the crowd. I will say he has a wonderful stage presence and knows how to captivate a crowd. He continues his tap-dance and by the end Emmy is cheering him on. When he pulls the levers and the lights come on everyone starts screaming. After a minute he pulls the third switch causing Taylor to pop up out of the ground.

She sassily walks towards the banjo and picks it up after she makes sure to ask the crowd if it is ok. Before long, we are all screaming the lyrics of 'Our Song', and 'Mean' before she disappears into the ground again.

While she is gone they release glitter and shimmer confetti that falls to the ground to which Emmy wanted down to play in. I quickly sat her down and placed a kiss on her cheek. After a minute or two Taylor comes back out on stage in a beautiful blue gown and a white baby grand. Emmy remains on the floor playing in the confetti as I watch Taylor perform. After a few minutes Taylor leaves again and they have a short break for her to change.

During this

break the light remains off and everyone continues cheering. Right before she gets back on, a phone appears to be ringing causing Emmy to get back up and what back on my shoulders. I quickly put her up as Taylor began her next song.

I rub the back of my head as I remember back to when this occurred. It was right after I met Taylor at that concert for the second time. I was not with Taylor, and was with... I honestly don't even remember. However, Taylor found out and was pissed off that I was dating her. Those next two weeks were hell as I was trying to get Taylor to pick up the phone and explain that I was with her to promote the album. Needless to say, Taylor and I were not even together yet I 'cheated' on her.

Now neither of us really care, we are happy. We both made mistakes. It just so happens that all of my mistakes are now all public and written in the lyrics of her songs.

She comes to the end of the song finishing on her knees at the end of the stage and gets up looking at me with a smirk followed by blowing a kiss as if saying 'I won.'

As she heads upstage she pushes Grant and Paul downstage to do their solos. Once over they walk back up but Paul stops and pats Emmy's head on the way back making her giggle.

Before long wedding bells are ringing and Taylor comes out in a 50s style dress singing into the microphone that Emmy was playing with earlier. Taylor sings through 'Speak Now'.

After she is done she gets off stage and walks over to me squeezing my hand and kissing Emmys cheek as she passes. I then pass for a minute then follow her over to the B-Stage. Once there she plays her acoustic set. A mix of Fearless / Hey, Soul Sister / I'm Yours on ukulele if first. Emmy screams the lyrics loud enough for Taylor to hear and chuckle into the microphone.

I smile and look at her in awe at how much she has grown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 1K 10
"I thought you were supposed to be an amazing flirt. How come you only seem to annoy me?" "You actually believe the media?" _________________________...
737 9 9
when you find out about a certain football player showing up at your tour you decide to reach out just because of all the dating rumors, but what if...
136K 4.4K 51
When Taylor fell in love, she always fell hard. The public opinions have criticized her on her short lived relationships which influenced her to no l...
2K 25 23
Jacob Maier looks hot on paper: An award-winning musician with famous friends and even more famous exes, he's both a tabloid favorite and a cautionar...