Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Invisible
Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Second Chances
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 2
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 1
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before
The Day Before Part 2

Heartaches Part 1

28 0 2
By dancinginthemoolight

As the movie comes to a close, Emmy is asleep laying her head down on John's lap and her body across mine. Even though she had the whole couch she wanted to sit with her momma and daddy. As the credits roll onto the screen, John's runs his hands through Emmy's hair and smiles. After a minute watching her sleep he notices me watching him and looks at me blushing.

"Sorry, she's just so cute." He says looking down at our child in our laps.

"I know she is." I respond, going silent afterwards.

After another minute he looks back over to me. "Tay? Is there any way that we could go out and talk? It doesn't have to be right now. I just want to go out, or at least not have little ears around." He asks, looking at me.

I nod my head, "My parents should be home soon. Once one gets here, let me ask and we could probably go."

To this he nods his head in agreement. A few minutes later, my mom gets home. She walks in saying, "Taylor who is in the car out front?"

After finishing her statement she rounds the corner and sees John sitting with me on the couch and starts yelling. "Get the h*ll out of my house! You are not welcome here!"

John sighs and shifts Emmy to the couch. He gets up and goes to place a kiss on my cheek but gets screamed at again before he does.

"Do not put your nasty lips, that have been who knows where, on my daughter and do not touch my granddaughter again!"

He simply backs away and smiles. "See you." He then looks at my mom and loses his smile. "Nice to see you, Andrea. I'll be going now." After finishing his comment he walks to the door and leaves. A few moments later, I hear a car start up and drive off.

Once he is gone my mom comes over to me as red as a hornet. "How dare you let him into my house after all that he has done!"

I sigh and leave the room taking Emmy to the bed. After she is settled, I go back down to talk to my mother.

"Mom, you can not keep treating him like that." I say sitting down on the barstool.

"Pardon me, I am just looking out for my little girl." She responded sarcastically.

"I do not need you to look out for me. I need you to be a mom who supports my decisions. No matter what you do, nothing will change the fact that John is Emmy's father and he wants to be a part of her life."

"That doesn't mean he can be so handsy with you. He is all over you all the time. Don't you see this?!"

I sigh, " He is not. It was just a kiss. He wanted to say goodbye in the way that he feels is right. Honestly, mom, how he treats me is up for me to decide. If I want to receive his affections I will; if not, I will turn it away. This is my decision and nothing you say or do will change it."

My mom huffs and starts pacing around the kitchen. After a minute she stops, "Fine if you don't want to listen to me you don't have to be in my house. Get out!"

"You don't mean–" I start.

She finishes by screaming, "Get out of my house!"

I sigh and go grab Emmy from up stairs and my diary from the piano. After looking at my mom who is death glaring at me I head out the door to the front porch. She then slams the door shut behind me causing Emmy to wake up.

She looks around confused, "where daddy go?"

I smile and look at her, "He went to check on something for mommy, he'll be back in a few minutes. Why do you go play?" Once she hears that she bolts. Once she is gone I call John who immediately picks up.

"Hey what's up? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, but I need a ride. Come pick me up?" I ask.

"Yeah I'll be back in a few minutes." he hangs up and I start to look around for Emmy.

However, she is missing. I looked at the swing set, and the sand box, even in the dog house in case she was in there with Spot but she was nowhere. Soon enough I start to freak out. "Emmy!" I scream, "Where are you?"

I continued screaming and searching for Emmy until John pulled up. He immediately jumps out of the car and runs to my side. "Taylor what's wrong?"

"I can't find her."

He does a quick glance around, "where did you last see her?"

"I was calling you and she was heading towards the swings, but now she's gone."

He places a kiss on my forehead, "Okay, you go that way. I will go this way. Call if we find anything?"

I nod my head in agreement and head off towards the pasture. Emmy knows better than to go out here. We talked about how horses and cows can be easily spooked and as such are dangerous to be around. I continue looking and get to the barn.

-DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE AN EMERGENCY SCENE -

Once I step inside I gasp, as Emmy is laying face down in the dirt.

"JOHNNN!" I scream out the door while heading over to my baby that is on the ground. As I reach her, John runs in and sees the sight.

He quickly runs over to me, who is now kneeling beside Emmy. He gets down and carefully rolls her onto her back, making sure to keep her spine stable.

"Tay baby, Grab a phone and call 911." He states frantically and leans down to sense her breathing. After I dial and give the basic information John interrupts, "Put them on speaker, Tay." I quickly comply.

"What is her status?" The 911 officer asks.

John looks at me and quickly responds, "She is unconscious and not breathing. She has a pulse but it is barely there."

I gasp and fall down, but John continues.

"You need to do CPR, do you know how?" the operator asks.

"I do but only on an adult." John responds.

"Ok, good so it is the same except you need to go faster and about 5 centimeters deep. That is about 2 inches." The operator responds.

John quickly adjusts and starts compressions. "How fast?"

"100-120 beats per minute. The ambulance is a couple minutes away."

John continues to do CPR on Emmy for what seems like hours. However, he turns around. "Tay, you need to guide them over here. Go."

I quickly get up and run out. Finding them, "Over here!".

They immediately grab what they need and run to the barn following me. Once inside, one of them switches places with John who falls back and scrambles to get out of the way. I watch with horror on my face when John comes over and pulls me to his chest.

After a few minutes, the ambulance drivers get Emmy stable enough to transport and take her to the van.

"Tay, go with them I'll be behind you." John quickly says motioning to paramedics.

I turn and sprint to the ambulance and it pulls out. As we leave the driveway, my dad is pulling in.

- Begin Reading Again -

-JOHN POV-

As soon as Taylor loads the ambulance with Emmy, I run around to get in my car, but a honk stops me. I look over and Scott is waving to me to get in his truck. I run over and hop in the truck as he speeds out after the ambulance.

"What happened?" He asks.

I freeze and for the first time since this whole thing started, I start sobbing.

"What the hell happened?!" Scott screams trying to get an answer.

" Emmy ... got... hurt." I manage to get out in between sobs.

His grip on the steering wheel tightens, and he remains quiet for a few minutes.

When we get close he looks over, "You can not go in there to her like that." He says looking me up and down. "You have to be strong. This hurts, but she is already killing herself over this. You both need to support each other."

I try to calm down and take deep breaths and wipe my nose and face with a napkin he happened to have in his truck. A few minutes later, we arrive and I run in to find Taylor in the waiting room. I run over to her and pull her into a tight hug for a minute.

"What's happening?" I ask, looking at her.

She is sniffling and has tears running down her face. "She coded twice in the ambulance. They managed to get her back when we arrived but I have not heard since then."

I sigh out and pull her back into my chest. After a few minutes her dad walks in and sees us. "Any news?" he asks.

I Just shake my head no. After a few agonizing minutes the doctor walks in. "We are taking her to surgery. She has a laceration on her spleen that is causing her to bleed out. She also has fractured her 9th - 11th ribs. We will not know the result of this until after surgery, but will do everything we can." He finishes and quickly leaves.

I pull Taylor closer to my chest and look at Scott. "Will you see if they have a more private room?" He nods and walks off to the desk, and I bend down and kiss Taylor's forehead.

"This is all my fault." She mumbles.

"No baby, this is not your fault." I respond by rubbing her back.

"I should have paid better attention." She starts sobbing.

"Baby you looked away for 30 seconds this is not your fault. It was an accident and was out of your control." I reply, placing a kiss on her head and looking around for Scott.

A few minutes later he returns and motions us over. I softly release Taylor from my grasp but she refuses to let go and remove her face from my chest.

"We have a private room Tay. Are you ready?" I ask.

She nods her head, and slowly lets go backing up. I gently place my hand on her cheek and wipe a stray tear. After that I grab her hand and lead her to the room that has been prepared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.5K 33
Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift, are world renowned celebrities. Everything would've been perfect, had they not fallen for each other. But for their po...
97.4K 1.4K 28
The story of A profesional athlete, two time Super Bowl champ, maybe the best tight end to play the sport, who sat down and made her a bracelet of 10...
Fall By diorbaby

Fanfiction

26K 567 94
Justin's career needs some saving. He needs a new image. The bad boy phase isn't doing him any good. Isabella Taylor the free spirited model might be...
5.8K 390 41
They told her that she was talented. That she could make it if she worked hard enough. They told her to do whatever it takes. Just to get her foot in...