Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Invisible
Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Second Chances
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 2
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartaches Part 1
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before
The Day Before Part 2
Disney Trip

Speak Now Release Part 1

45 0 0
By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor POV

I smile and look him in the eye, "I need a fake boyfriend."

He blinks a few times and leans back on the couch. He appears to be thinking for a few minutes before he looks back at me and asks, "Why?"

I take a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at him. "I am in a relationship that I do not want people to know about. He is older than me, and everyone already hates him." I pause hoping that is enough.

"So let me get this straight. You want a fake boyfriend because your guy is too scared to be seen with you in public? That's some boyfriend you got there Taylor." He says rising out of his seat to leave.

"He is the father of my child." I spit out causing him to sit back down and look at me. He remains silent so I continue. "We met, I got pregnant and had a child. A little girl named Emery Hope Mayer." I finish looking up.

He freezes and looks at Tree as if asking if that is the truth to which she nods. "So, let me get this straight. You had a child and are currently dating the father?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"But why do you need the fake boyfriend, you should be fine with someone else. I mean all that you need is to keep them out of the public's eye." Jake asks.

I sigh, "I am with John Mayer. It is kinda hard to stay out of the public eye if the public has a grudge against you for hurting 'America's Sweetheart' as Scott calls me."

"Wait your with John Mayer. I thought that he was in rehab and hurt you or something like that." He replies really confused.

"You are correct he was and did, but that is in the past. He has since changed and is with me taking care of our daughter who is now two." I responded.

Jake shakes his head, "I still don't understand the purpose of having the fake boyfriend."

"I want to keep them off the trail of John and keep Emmy away from the public by giving them a distraction. As such, I need someone to work with me and fake a relationship." I responded.

He looks down, thinks, then looks back up. "Deal, but I can only do that till the middle of January. After that I can't because I will have to focus on finishing a film."

I smile, "Thank you so much!"

"No problem, now do I get to meet these two people?" He asks.

"I would say yes but they are not here; we had an accident a few days ago and John has been in the hospital. However, John should be here as soon as he was discharged an hour ago." As I finish my sentence the door starts to turn and quickly unlocks itself.

Once it is open, Emmy runs in the door and starts to go to the fridge to hang up a picture. John walks in with his left arm that is broken in a sling and his right with a brace. When he sees me he lets out a breath and sighs. Steve quickly walks in behind with his bag from the hospital. After walking over to me he finally acknowledges the other person in the room.

"Oh, hey. I'm John. I would shake your hand but... umm... yeah..." John pauses.

Luckily, Emmy saves the day by running back over, "Dada ook" she says holding up another picture that she drew me while at the hospital.

John smiles, and pats his lap. She tries to climb up and asks for help, so I lean over and set her down on his lap. He gently takes the photo from Emmy and looks at it. "Beautiful baby," He says, kissing her cheeks causing her to giggle. "Why don't you say hi to momma's friend?" He asks Emmy motioning to Jake.

Emmy finally looks over and notices him and decides to turn around and hide her face in John's chest. John pecks her head and leaves her be.

"She is usually very social, but she's a little clingy right now." John says, rubbing Emmy's back. He then looks down, "Emmy baby, please say high to mama's friend. He is very nice and really wants to meet you." He says trying to coax her out to which she shakes her head no and grips onto him like a koala.

I smile, "We have been through a lot the past few days. She will open up. Just give her time." I say looking at Jake who is smiling at the baby.

"No, it's okay. She is adorable. It's nice to meet you John." Jake says, nodding his head.

I smile and sigh looking at my baby for a minute who is once again asleep. After a minute Jake says, "So when do we start this fake relationship?"

I sigh, "Probably the sooner the better. Besides, the album comes out in a few days and I need them to get off John's back."

Tree smiles, "What about you two go for a walk down to the coffee store. You should be fine, and I'll be close behind. Besides, I need one." She says.

I simply nod my head and get up with Jake and head towards the door, "John you want anything?" I ask back.

"No, I'm good. I love you Tator," he quickly responds as I walk out the door with Jake to get coffee.

On the way to the coffee shop, I see a few flashes and know that our plan is going to work. Soon enough, we arrive at the coffee shop and order our drinks. After receiving them from the barista we take a seat and talk about work until we finish our coffees and head back where he is seen dropping me off at the door. I silently walk in and he leaves to his car. When I get back into the living room, I find John sitting on the couch watching the Penguins vs. Jets hockey game and Tree carrying Emmy into her room.

I walk over and fall back onto the couch and lay my head on his lap. This makes him smile and move the hair out of my face. "How did it go?" He asks, looking down and playing with a piece of my hair.

"It went well. Our goal was accomplished" I state looking up into his eyes.

"Tay, I know we thought this was a good idea, but what if it backfires?" he asks, doubting our plan.

"We will see, but we won't have to do this forever. I just want to have an Emmy for ourselves for a little while.

He nods his head and looks back to the TV. After a few minutes he shifts, getting me to sit up. He quietly gets up and goes to the restroom. Once he is done he comes back over and bends down across the back of the couch putting his arms around my shoulders.

"Ready for bed?" He asks yawning.

I simply nod and get up. I walk up stairs with John and go to bed.

—-- 8 days later October 25 Release Day—--

Today's the day. My latest album was released last night at midnight. Scott threw a big party at the studio last night, but John and Emmy didn't attend as Scott invited multiple people to be there. However, I know John has something planned for today but I do not know what. I also Know that Scott is already trying to get the next tour up and running for this album. This a

ll just means that I am going to have to get used to the idea that I am going to be going back on to tour soon.

Anyway, I headed down stairs and texted Tree good morning and told her that I need her to come over so that we can get ahead of Scott and his Tour Plans. She immediately replies that she is one her way over now because Scott is already starting his plan.

I simply sit down on the floor in the living room and start placing papers all around me with my ideas from when we were writing.

After a few minutes, John walks down the stairs and into the kitchen, but stops when he sees me sprawled out on the floor in the living room.

"You okay?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I nod my head and he sits down beside me picking up a paper.

"What are these?" he asks.

"Hey don't mess with them, they are organized." I yell, taking the paper out of his hand and placing it back in the stack it came from.

-Johns POV-

I remain silent for a minute thinking about how I should respond to that, but I decide to ignore it and head back to the kitchen to start the coffee pot for Taylor. On my way to the kitchen, the doorbell rings. I immediately know who it is and greet Tree before I even fully open the door.

"How did you know it was me?" She asks, laughing.

"Because who else would have her sprawled across the floor with papers this early in the morning." I replied and closed the door, locking it behind her.

Tree just laughs and heads over to the living room to join Taylor on the floor with two coffee's in hand. Well guess we don't need coffee anymore. Instead of starting the pot I head to the couch and watch youtube on my phone. I watch youtube for about an hour, while Tree and Taylor focus on narrowing down her ideas. Soon enough we hear the pitter patter of little feet coming across the floor, towards the living room. On the way, Emmy runs across all the papers causing them to fly everywhere and her to slip and fall. I quickly sits up and picks the now crying baby up tickling her tummy. Trying to get her to stop crying from her face plant into the ground. While I do this Taylor looks to check on Emmy and I nod at her telling her she is fine. She then sighs and reorganizes the papers that Emmy managed to get thrown everywhere.

Once calming Emmy down I place her on the couch and turn on Paw Patrol. After her attention is on the TV, I head over to the kitchen and begin to make breakfast for everyone. Once the eggs and bacon are done, I head back over and tap on Taylor's shoulder to get her attention.

"Hey, breakfast is ready. Do you want some?" I ask.

"Does it look like I want any?" She snaps back sending me a death glare, then turns back to Tree. I look to Tree for guidance and she just shrugs.

After a minute of watching them. I scoop up the baby, causing her to giggle, and place her in her highchair next to the bar to eat her scrambled eggs and squished strawberries. While she begins eating, I make my plate and then proceed to sit down next to Emmy at the bar.

A few minutes later, I hear Emmy say, "All done". I quickly place her plate in the sink before she flips it over and picks her up out of the chair before placing her down on the floor. Once down on the floor, Emmy scrambles over to Taylor and sits down.

"Mama color?" Emmy asks, looking up at Taylor.

"Maybe later baby, why don't you color a picture for momma." She replies, kissing Emmy's head and turning back to Tree to talk about the stage design.

I then watch as Emmy gets up and goes to her room. A few moments later she came back with her colors and paper in her hand. I finish my food and take it to the sink, when Emmy gets up from beside Taylor and comes in front of her.

"Mama look!" Emmy says so proud of her draw. Taylor half looks and agrees, but does a double take.

"Emery Hope! That was not yours!" She yells taking the paper out of Emmys hands. "Go away!" She continues.

Emmy runs over to me crying. I pick her up and glare at both of the other 'adults' before walking upstairs with the crying toddler.

Once upstairs, I pull Emmy away from my chest.

"Emmy, momma didn't mean to yell at you." I say kissing her cheeks.

She continues crying and eventually falls asleep. I sigh and lay her down on the bed and surround her with pillows so she can not roll off.

I get up and sigh walking down stairs and go behind Taylor.

"Taylor, we need to talk." I say.

"Not now John." She replies.

"Yes now." I reply sternly.

She turns around looking at me.

"You have had an attitude all morning. I understand you are stressed or whatever. You can snap at me all you freaking want I don't care, but you will not snap at Emmy."

"I didn't-" She starts.

"Yes, you did," I interrupt.

She pauses and looks up, "But she drew-"

"Taylor, she is two! Be happy she wasn't drawing on the walls. Besides, did you even look at what she drew?" I ask, frustrated with her.

She lowers her head, picking up the paper with the drawing. She starts to tear up, and looks to the ground. I sigh sitting on the ground next to her and turn to face her. This gave Tree a chance to get up and go to another room.

I reach my good hand and lift her head up.

"Tay, I understand getting frustrated and stressed, but you can not take it out on Emmy, and I know you didn't mean too. However, you did and you did not even acknowledge it."

She starts crying and I pull at her to come into my lap and rub her back. After a few minutes she calms down and I wipe her face with my hand.

"I'm sorry," she says looking up into my eyes.

I smile and peck her cheek. "It is okay, now when Emmy wakes up we can talk to her about asking for paper. But until then let me help you. I am here and I might be able to help."

She nods her head and lays into my chest before gathering herself altogether. After a few minutes Tree comes back and goes to get us all a cup of coffee. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 1.4K 28
The story of A profesional athlete, two time Super Bowl champ, maybe the best tight end to play the sport, who sat down and made her a bracelet of 10...
5.8K 390 41
They told her that she was talented. That she could make it if she worked hard enough. They told her to do whatever it takes. Just to get her foot in...
136K 4.4K 51
When Taylor fell in love, she always fell hard. The public opinions have criticized her on her short lived relationships which influenced her to no l...
186K 4.5K 33
Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift, are world renowned celebrities. Everything would've been perfect, had they not fallen for each other. But for their po...