Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Invisible
Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Second Chances
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 1
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartaches Part 1
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before

Gravity Part 2

69 1 37
By dancinginthemoolight

Johns POV

After a 10 minute drive that turned into 30 because I needed to cool off. Steve pulls up to the ER in New York. I quickly get out of the car walking into the ER. Once inside I wait for Steve to come do the paperwork because now my wrists are so swollen that I can't move them. Once the paperwork is done Steve and I sit down waiting for them to call me back.

"Steve, are you planning to go back with me?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, I need them to document this correctly because we are going to sue for this. It is ridiculous. He should have removed the cuffs, you were not resisting or causing any problems." Steve states ticked off.

"Oh, he also had a camera in his vest that recorded everything." I state.

"Good, I'll get that as well." Steve states pulling his computer out to document and make notes.

Soon enough, I get called back. Once back there I sit down and see the doctor.

"What are you in for today?" He asks, looking at the chart.

"I believe my wrists are sprained," I state.

The doctor looks up and sets the papers down. He washes his hands and scoots on the stool closer to me. "Do you mind if I look?" He asks.

"No, go ahead," I state.

He gently picked one up causing me to wince. He inspects it moving it in different directions causing me to wince more. After a minute he sits them down.

"How did this happen?" He asks.

"I got arrested for something I did not do and an officer placed cuffs on me way too tight. I was in the cuffs for about 5 hours before someone removed them. However, during this time I was also jostled around the station and in the police car."

The doctor examines it. "That makes sense to me. I believe that it is a sprain but I do want to take an x-ray to ensure that it is not worse."

I nod my head and soon enough the X-rays have been completed and the doctor comes back in. He pops the x-rays up on the screen.

"I do not see anything on the x-rays, so nothing is broken, but you are swollen a lot. I recommend that we go ahead and wrap your wrist to reduce swelling and after a few days you can remove it. You might have problems for a few months till the muscles fully recover as such you should get some wrist guards to wear. I have written all of this down on the form; I have also written a medical report for you to use in court if you chose so. Lastly I am writing you a prescription for some medication to help reduce the swelling," The doctor says getting up.

"Thank you," I responded.

He nods his head and walks out a few minutes later a younger lady walks in and wraps both my wrist in bandages.

"I would normally provide you with a sling for your arm but since you have both that won't work."

"That's fine, Thank you though." I respond smiling. Soon enough the doctor came back in with some medication and my prescription.

"This will get you by till the morning, but then go get your medication. For the wrist guards there are some at Walmart that will work or you could get them custom made by a company."

I nod my head and we head to check out. I provide my card and we leave. Once we get to the apartment complex it is 9:00 and the medicine I took starts to kick in. When we pull up Scott is down in the basement getting something out of my car.

I get out and ignore him walking to the elevator. However, he stops me.

"John?" He asks, looking me over. "What happened?"

"The police are what happened. Anyway, I am off to bed." I started turning back around.

"Why did you not tell Taylor the truth?" Scott asks.

I turn back, "Because she was already stressed about everything and at odds with Andrea over what happened last time. I don't feel like I should be making it worse. Besides, I don't feel like stressing her out more today. Anyway, my medication is kicking in and I am tired so I'm going to bed. Good night Scott." I say getting in the elevator with Steve.

Once inside I press the button on the floor of my apartment and get out. I walk into my empty apartment and crash on the couch.

"Steve, tomorrow make sure I buy a bed for this apartment. This couch sucks." I started drifting off to sleep.

Steve just chuckles and walks out of the apartment locking it after setting my stuff down on the counter.

--------

I wake up the next morning to the sun staring directly in my face. I get up out of bed and quickly grab my phone to text Taylor and then remember that it is broken and sigh.

Despite this set back I grab my key the best I can, and head up to her apartment. Once there I ring the bell, and Andrea answers.

"Oh it's you." She says.

"Yes, it's me." I say trying to step into the apartment. However, she blocks my path.

"Sorry, you are not allowed in here." She retorts slamming the door in my face.

I simply ring the doorbell again. "Go away solicitor" She screams on the other side.

I keep doing this until Taylor opens the door, probably about to tell the solicitor to scram. When she opens up to see me there she does a double take and turns around. "Mom, it's John."

"Oh my bad," Andrea says walking away.

I just raise my eyebrow and sigh. After a minute I look at Taylor. "Good morning, beautiful."

She opens the door more and lets me in. I walk in and see everyone at the bar. I silently wave to which everyone gasps.

"Oh my gosh, What happened?" Selena asks, getting up and heading over.

"I just shrug, They are just sprained. It'll get better." I say forcing a fake smile on my face. "Anyway, where is Emmy?"

"Asleep in her room she had a hard time falling asleep due to her disappointment yesterday." Andrea states.

I ignore the snide comment and head upstairs to get my baby. Taylor remains downstairs trying to figure out what happened.

Once upstairs, I walk into Emmy's room.

I bend down and rub my finger against her face causing her to wake up.

"Dada?" she asks.

"Right here baby." I responded.

She sits up and tries to climb out of bed. I instinctively pick her up and wince due to my wrists. Emmy just cuddles into my chest as I rearrange her to relieve some of the strain on my wrists. Once she is in my arms I go and sit down in the rocking chair with her in my arms. I rock back and forth until I feel my shoulder getting wet.

"Emmy what's wrong baby?" I ask concerned.

"Dada, no go!" she starts screaming and crying.

I rub her back and kiss her head. "I'm not going anywhere, Emmy. I am right here." I say rubbing her back. At that moment Andrea walks in.

"How dare you make that baby cry!" She says pulling Emmy off of my chest, causing her to scream bloody murder.

"I was not making her cry. You are. Now give her back." I started getting up.

"No, can't you get a hint. You are not needed. Go away and get out of my family." She says trying to soothe the screaming baby to no avail.

"Emmy is my child. Now give her to me," I state trying to get the baby that is reaching for me.

However, Andrea refuses. A moment later Taylor walks in.

"What is going on here?" She asks looking at both of us taking Emmy, who is better but not happy.

"He is trying to take Emmy from us." Andrea states.

I rolled my eyes. "I was sitting here holding Emmy after yesterday and your mother came in and took Emmy out of my arms. That is why she is crying."

Taylor sighs, "Mom, go downstairs." Andrea looks appalled and leaves. "John we talked about this, don't start stuff with my mom."

"I didn't. I just came up here to hold my baby; she came in here and started it." I state taking the baby who is reaching for me.

"John, you know she means well." Taylor says, causing me to laugh. "Why are you laughing?" She asked, annoyed.

"Because you don't know half of it. She has pulled so much shit over the past 24 hours." I started walking out of the nursery into our bedroom.

"What do you mean? You had a meeting remember." She says as if it is obvious.

I just shake my head. "Do you really think I would miss my own child's birthday for some stupid meeting? Have you learned anything about me?" I ask.

She moves to sit on the bed and looks at me. "I knew it, but Steve....." She pauses looking at my wrists and at my eyes, "What happened?"

I sigh sitting down next to her. "I went to pick up the girls at the airport. When we got there I had loaded up the car and was about to leave when your parents came out. I got out to let them in and put their bags in the trunk. I even asked Selena and Blake to move to the back to make room. However, your mother wanted none of it. She insisted that she would hold Emmy and Scott would drive. I told her no because it was not safe, but she insisted. I continued to insist and even compromised to get a taxi home where Scott can drive but Emmy has to stay in her car seat. Your mom wanted none of it. Needless to say she was yelling at me in the airport which caused the police to come over where she told them I was a hijacker. I tried to explain and so did Selena but he wanted nothing to do with it so he arrested me and put me in cuffs in the back of his cruiser. That is why Emmy is so upset. After that I was put in a cell and they would not let me make a call till half way through the party at the same time I was also stuck in cuffs. Needless to say now I have sprained wrists from the cuffs." I spit out holding Emmy.

Taylor's jaw drops, "She did what?"

I just nod my head in conformation. "If you don't believe me, ask Selena."

Taylor sighs, "I'm sorry. None of this was your fault."

I just shrug, "I mean she wouldn't be here if I never slept with you in Dallas. However, I don't regret that because Emmy is perfect." I say kissing Emmy's head causing her to look up when I say her name.

"Hey baby girl. Why don't you go play with Selena and Blake until dada and mama finish talking?"

She shakes her head no.

"What if I give you more cake and ice-cream?" I ask. She looks up for a second and cuddles back in. "Oh well, I tried" I state, causing Taylor to laugh.

I smile at Taylor, "Honestly Tay, I am just tired. I am tired of the constant bickering and arguing. I just want to be a family, and I don't know if your mom will ever accept that." I say looking Taylor in the eyes.

She smiles and gets up, "She's not going to have a choice. She is going to have to learn to be civil and quit blaming you for getting me pregnant. I mean it takes two to make a baby anyway." She quickly walks down stairs and confronts her mother.

I hesitantly follow her to ensure that nothing gets too out of hand. I get down stairs and see them arguing back and forth about me. However, when I enter the room she snaps and starts throwing stuff at me and thus at Emmy in my arms. I quickly turn to shield Emmy when stuff starts slamming into my back. I quickly retreat into a restroom and close the door as items continue to fly around me. Once inside, I open up a cabinet and pull the items out. I take Emmy off my chest and kiss her head. "Emmy, daddy needs you to stay in the cubby, Okay?"

She simply nods her head. I quickly bend down and kiss her head. After that I close the door to the cabinet and look in the mirror to see my shirt back soaked in blood with pieces of glass sticking out. I sit on the toilet for a few minutes getting dizzy. Eventually, I hear sirens and everything goes black.

Taylor POV

Mom flips out once John comes down the stairs, she starts throwing items at him in a fit of rage, I notice that he just turns around and runs which is weird normally he would dodge or fight back. This is when I remember that he has Emmy in his arms. He was protecting Emmy. On his way to the bathroom he gets hit by three or four glass vases that shatter on impact. I quickly jump in and hold my mom back to no avail as she tosses me and the rest of the family outside my apartment locking us out. I can hear her on the other side of the door trying to break down the bathroom door so I quickly get out my phone and Dial 911.

They pick up and instantly determine the problem. Five minutes later the police are at my door and breaking it down. They easily arrest my mom and escort her out of the apartment. Once she is gone I go to the bathroom dodging the glass shards and broken furniture. I knock on the door.

"John, she's gone. You can come out now."

No response

"John, you can come out now."

No response again but I can hear crying.

"Emmy? Emmy baby is that you?" I ask frantically.

"Mama!" she screams full on crying now.

"It's okay baby, I need you to open the door." I plead with the two year old.

"Dada, say no leave." she responds.

I sigh and continue to plead until one of the policemen comes and helps eventually they pick the lock and get us in. When the door opens, I gasp because John is face down on the floor, his back covered in blood. The police radios for a paramedic checking for a pulse.

A few moments later paramedics come in and start to analyze the situation. After assessing his issues they lift him onto a gurney and head out the door.

"Ma'am are you going with them?" The officer asks.

I shake my head from disbelief and nod my head, "Yes, but I need my daughter first." I quickly shut the door and started to call out for her. "Emmy, where are you?"

She is still crying so I easily find her and pull her out.

"Suhhhhh, it's okay baby?" I say patting her back. I quickly pull her to my chest and wipe her tears following the police officer. Once outside I climb into the ambulance and we take a ride to the hospital.

Along the way, whenever we hit a bump John lets out a groan letting me know he is at least alive. Once there I follow him into the ER where they make me wait in the waiting room until he is cleared for visitors. I waited for about 20 minutes before everyone else, excluding my mother who my dad left in jail was here. Upon walking in, the girls run up to me and hug me in a bone crushing hug causing Emmy to whine. A moment later my dad walks up and hugs me.

"I am sorry about your mother, she is..... I don't even know. I am proud of you and you can be with whoever you want."He says pulling me close. We all sat down and I message Tree and Steve from Selena's phone as mine got left at the house. After 20 minutes they get here, running in. Tree immediately walks up to the counter requesting a private waiting room and Steve tries to control the crowd that is forming.

After a minute they get us into a private room where they are going to bring John once they are done stitching up and removing debris from his wounds. After another hour, a doctor finally walks in. "John Mayer?" he asked. We all nod. "We just got him out of surgery, he is fine, but had a lot of glass shards in his back. He did lose some blood but he will be fine after a couple of weeks. As for his sprains on his wrist. When he passed out he tried to catch himself and broke his left wrist. It is now in a cast. His right wrist is still sprained and bandaged. He is not allowed to lift over a pound with either until next week." He finishes.

"When can we see him?" I ask.

"When he wakes up he will be coming back here." the doctor states, "It should be pretty soon."

He then walks out causing me to collapse into the chair. John is going to be fine. After hearing that the girls decide that they are going to leave and hug me goodbye. My dad does the same thing explaining that Austin is at the hotel he is staying at.

Emmy starts wiggling and goes down. I set her down and she starts wandering around and looking at everything. She soon finds the gloves and takes one bringing it over.

"Mama ook" She says holding it up.

"I see, baby. It's called a glove." I say kissing her head. I place her in my lap when the door opens and they are wheeling in John who is passed out on the bed. I nod at them after they get done and move over beside the bed. Emmy simply climbs off my lap into the bed and onto John's Chest. With the added weight to his chest he opens his eyes and sees both Emmy and I.

"Hey Tay, " he says with his signature smirk except this one is tired.

"Hey John," I responded, tearing up.

He goes to lift his arm and winces.

"Don't the left one is broken."

He sighs and opens his mouth.

"Tay, cuddle. I'm sleepy and I missed you last night. We can talk about everything later. I am too tired now." he says, making room for me in his arms.

I silently climb into the bed and cuddle with him close. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.5K 33
Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift, are world renowned celebrities. Everything would've been perfect, had they not fallen for each other. But for their po...
61.7K 2.7K 38
Fresh off of her intense break up with John Mayer, Taylor Swift is unable to write the love songs that her label thinks will round out her newest alb...
17.3K 463 18
Love is something that Taylor Swift can't live without, but she can't always hold onto it. After leaving behind her career as a pop-country singer at...
2K 25 23
Jacob Maier looks hot on paper: An award-winning musician with famous friends and even more famous exes, he's both a tabloid favorite and a cautionar...