This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 55

2.1K 200 23
By midnight_readerscave

Guys I have one request please comment and vote guys. Your comments and Vote are much needed  motivation in when it is really hard to continue writing. It is really hard to see ratio to the views to comments and votes. 

So I request you atleast let me know how was the chapter.

~•~•~•~•~

I felt light kisses being pressed against my nape and an automatic smile grazed my lips. I hummed when he pulled me closer to him. "I know you are awake, baby." My grin spread even more. I turned to face him and the first thing I noticed was his masculine olive chest. I raised my head and looked at his beautiful hazel eyes.

The eyes that held so much love and adoration for me. Those are my favourite in the whole wide world. "Good morning, Avy." He smiled. The best sight to wake up too.

"Good morning, my world." My eyes widened. "Why are you so surprised, baby?" He chuckled. I bit my lip and kissed his jaw. 

"You never called me that." I whispered.

"Hmmm, my bad. you are my whole world and so much more. without you there is no me. I seize to imagine a world where you are not there." Tears gathered in my eyes. 

"You know I love you right."

"I do and I love you so much more." I grinned and moved closer to him. 

"So what do you want to do today? We can explore the city and try all the food you want." I sat up in excitement.

"Yes come on, we've been in the room for the past two days, Avy." I pouted. He smirked. I blushed remembering all the deeds that we did in the past two days. We only left the room for food and bed for taking a shower. My body ached deliciously at the memories.

"We can do that again, what do you say?" I hit his chest lightly.

"No get up, we can do that when we return." He sighed and stood up from the bed and started walking away, suddenly the place changed and it was somewhere in the woods. I frowned and looked around, finding it unfamiliar and I noticed tears streaming down my face. "Avy where are you going, come back I need you." I shouted as I cried.

"I don't want you anymore Anika. Vishal can have you." He looked mad and turned around and disappeared into the woods. I stiffened when I felt someone behind me. 

"He's gone, you are all mine now." I heard his dark sinister voice.

I woke up with a start on a cold, hard floor, my senses slowly coming to life in the black void that surrounded me. Panic surged through my veins as I realised the gravity of my situation. I passed out from exhaustion from banging on the door for hours upon end. I slowly sat up as I felt the cold ground beneath me, my teeth started to chatter from the cold. My mouth was dry and my throat was hoarse from all the crying and screaming.

My whole body was screaming in pain from sleeping on the cold hard floor with nothing but my saree I was wearing to the function. Tears dropped down my cheeks and it sting, I hissed as I slowly touched my cheek. A sob escaped my lips, it felt swollen. How can this happen to me? I sobbed and I don't know how long I sat there but I felt dizzy from all the crying.

The room was a suffocating abyss, enveloped in an oppressive darkness that seemed to cling to my every breath. The feeble glow of a single light bulb dangled from above, casting eerie shadows that danced on the cold, featureless walls. The air was thick with an unsettling stillness, broken only by the distant echoes of my own heartbeat, racing in tandem with the fear that gripped me.

I slowly stood up on my unsteady legs and looked for the pot I found last night. When I found it I walked to the clay pot which was beside the old mattress. I picked up the glass placed on the pot with uncertainty thinking whether it was a good idea to drink the water present in the pot or not. I lifted the lid and looked into the pot, from the looks of it the water looked clean. I released a shaky breath. I don't have any other option, if I don't drink it then I might have to stay thirsty.

I brought the glass to my lips to take a sip of the water when the door to the basement banged against the door. Startled, I yelped as the glass in my hand slipped and fell to the ground. There stood Vishal along with the mean looking man from earlier. "You are awake sweetheart." I cringed.

That was what Avy called me. Hearing him call me sweetheart made me nauseous and I wanted to throw up. He stalked towards me and stood way too close for my comfort. "I'm disappointed, I wanted to wake you up but already awake. What a shame." He ran a finger down my cheek, I whimpered as it hurt. He made a sound in the back of his throat. "It hurts me right here." he points at his chest. "Seeing you hurt. It wasn't my intention to hurt you, Anika. I just don't like when you take his name." He pouted.

Tears gathered in my eyes. But I tried not to let them fall, I don't want him to see me vulnerable. "You will get what you deserve, Vishal." I spat. He tsked as smirked played on his lips

"Oh baby, I love how you still believe you can get away from me. Do you know they will never find you?" I gulped as he cupped my face and pulled me closer to him. I tried to pull back but he tightened his grip on my nape. "You've been here for two days but no one came to rescue you and they are not gonna come. You know why because they don't know where you are. And that asshole husband of yours is going crazy trying to find you. Poor bastard doesn't know what hit him."

Two days.

I've been here for two days and no one has come to find me. What is happening? Why hasn't Avy found me yet?

"But don't worry baby, I will take good care of you. From now on you are my woman. But first there is something we need to do. Come let's go." He held my hand and started pulling me. I know whatever he has planned would not be good for me so I refused and stood rooted. He stopped and took a deep breath before I could comprehend what was happening. I felt a sting on my cheek.

He just backhanded me. I was still in shock when he held my hair and pulled me close to him. "This is the last time you resist me, do you understand? Or I will not be responsible for what I do to you." My whole face felt numb. "Do you understand bitch?" He screamed. A sob escaped me as I nodded my head. "Now come on." He dragged me out of the room.

As soon as I walked out I squinted my eyes due to the bright light. Vishal started walking faster and I wasn't unable to keep up with his pace and stumbled a few times. We stopped in the living room where few people stood holding clothes. He jerked me forward and pushed on to the floor.

"This is the dress that I've been waiting to see you for so long. I have designed it myself." I looked at what he was talking about and froze in my place as my breath got stuck in my throat. It was a bridal lehenga, Vishal stood beside it caressing it with a creepy smile and crazy glint in his eyes. I wanted to scream, punch and kick him but all I could do was watch him with fear.

He looked at me with the same creepy smile. "So how is it? I'm dying to watch you in it. Isn't it beautiful, you will make a much better bride than the first time. And later during our first night I will peel off of you like my very own Christmas present."

"You are sick Vishal, you have completely lost your mind. Do you really think I will put that dress on and let you continue with your crazy and delusional fantasies. You need to get yourself admitted to a mental asylum." I spat as I stood by with whatever strength I had left. His eyes blazed with a twisted determination, and before I could react, he lunged forward, delivering a punishing blow to my stomach that sent me crumpling to the floor once again as I gasped for breath.

"You will get into that dress and you will marry me like the good little slut you are. You didn't have any problem marrying him. Is it because of his money? I knew you were nothing but a filthy gold digger." He snarled as he kicked me over and over again. I tried to protect myself as much as I could but it was impossible he was brutal with his kicks to ribs and stomach. My breath is knocked out from my lungs with his kicks.

I pull my legs up huddling into a ball. "Sir! Sir." I hear someone call. But still the blows didn't stop. Finally someone pulls him away and it gives me a precious second to catch my breath. I cough as blood spills out of my mouth. Suddenly everything blurs around me as I feel darkness closing around me. Soon Everything goes black and I welcome it with open hands as peace takes over me.

******

All I feel is pain, my body felt like it was run over by a truck. My chest, my head, everything was burning. I slowly tried to open my eyes but it was an impossible task. But I still tried and eventually was able to open them. The first thing I saw was the dark ceiling of the room. I released a breath, I was back in the dark room. I tried to get up into a sitting position but it was nearly impossible without passing out from the pain.

Tears started flowing from my eyes. How many days has it been? Why wasn't anyone saved me from this hell hole? I don't think I can survive any more of the beating. I tried to take a deep breath and sit up but ended up coughing due to the burning pain in my chest. At this all my willpower to stay strong flew out of the window and I full blown started crying, It even hurt to cry.

Where are you Avy? I need you.

I heard a sinister laughter coming from the door. I froze, fear gripping my entire body. "Is the tough little girl crying." He chuckled as he walked towards me. He came into my line of sight and was directly standing above me. I gulped at his expression, he trailed his eyes down to my neck then to my chest as he looked at me like a predator was looking at his meal. My stomach churned in disgust as bile rose in my throat.

Even though it hurt like bitch, I put all my effort into sitting up as I was about to sit up. He moved faster and pinned me down with his entire body weight. I screamed as the pain in my body doubled and from the worry that what he might do. He buried his head in my neck and started kissing me. "Vishal get off me." I cried out as I tried to scratch his face.

"Don't even fucking think about it." He growled as he held my hand above my head and continued kissing.

"Please stop, Vishal. I don't want this. What you are doing is not right." I begged as I wept in agony as he assaulted my neck. He pulled my pallu away from my chest and started kissing my cleavage. "No, Please stop." I shouted and tried to knee him in the crotch, but as if he expected my move he pinned my legs with his knees.

"I told you not to try anything, didn't I?" He bit my shoulder so hard I was sure it was bleeding, I let out a screech. My throat is sore from all the crying and screaming that it felt raw. "You've lost touch with reality, Vishal. This isn't love; it's a sick obsession." I managed to whimper as my visions started to blur again.

He scoffed, a twisted smirk playing on his lips. "Love? You're naïve to think I still love you, you've been tainted by him. You let him touch you, slept with him, you whored yourself to him, when you belong to me. This is power and I have that completely over you. And you will bend to my will, just like you did to his.'"

"He never abused me like—" Before I could finish, the shrill ringing of his phone interrupted me. He groaned.

"Hold that thought, baby. We will continue this after I finish this call. And one more thing tonight I'm definitely going to have you. I have deprived myself long enough. And by the end of the night, mine will be the only name that will leave your lips." He kissed my forehead and stood up as I caught my breath. Feeling of relief washed over me. But my relief was short-lived as I heard his next words. "Remember I'm your master, I'm your lord and you are my subject. Your days of freedom are over from now on. Your only goal is to serve me from on." As he walked further away from me. When he reached the door he answered the call.

"What is it?" He barked. He stilled for a second and looked at me with a curious gaze. Then with a crazed look he walked out slamming the door shut. I waited for a few seconds making sure he was gone then I cried for my misfortune.

Avy please save me. I don't think I could survive long.

That was the last thought before I fell asleep. 

******

Hey guys,
First of all I would like to apologise for not updating early and regular. So much has been going on with my personal life and it was hard to catch a break.

I have a good news finally I got my visa and I will be traveling next month. Yay🥳🥳🥳.

And one more thing is we are very close to 100k and I couldn't be more greatfull to you all. You are the best and I love you all so much❤️.

Hope you enjoy reading.

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Don't forget to Comment, Vote and Share.

A❤️☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 2K 16
"𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓?" ••• "Only 5 months into this marriage, and we'll part...
107K 7.2K 43
Two people completely in love and inseparable but ......one big incident changed their life and they got separated.... what will happen when dest...
312K 12.1K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...