Dear John...

By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor Allison Swift is a rising star in country music. When her idol, John Clayton Mayer, sent out a tweet w... More

Invisible
Superman
Enchanted
New Light
No Such Thing
Our Song
Tied Together with a Smile
Sparks Fly
Love on the Weekend
Everything has Changed
Breathe
Half of My Heart
Bonus
Back to December
Speak Now
Begin Again?
Forever and Always
This Love
Dear John
Daugthers
New Beginnings
Second Chances
Tomorrow
Dress (Tour Edition)
Tour Bloopers
Author's Note
Clarity
We are Never Getting Back Together
Better Than Revenge
Plane Rides
Breathe
Gravity
Gravity Part 2
Gravity Part 3
Gravity Part 4
Speak Now Release Part 1
Speak Now Release Part 2
All Too Well
Mistakes Part 1
Mistakes Part 2
Heartaches Part 1
Heartache Part 2
CPS Nightmare
Intensive Care
Funny Moments Part 1
Funny Moments Part 2
New Day
New Deals, Mistake, and CPS
Parents
Tryouts
Easter Eggs
Loving Him Was Red
Family Meeting
Authors Note
Wake-Up Call
Money Talks
Shopping
Decorations
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day Part 1
Christmas Day Part 2
December 26th
December 26th Part 2
Jet Rides
Dress Up
Dress Rehearsal Part 1
Dress Rehearsal Part 2
Dress Rehearsal Part 3
After Party
Plane Rides and Snowball Fights
Joining the Mile High Club
Singapore Part 1
Singapore Part 2
Singapore Part 3
Singapore Part 4
Games
Shopping is Fun?
South Korea
Cooking Lessons
Tokyo Part 1
Tokyo Part 2
Dear Diary
Los Angeles Home
Welcome to LA Part 1
Welcome to LA Part 2
Welcome to LA Part 3
Welcome to LA Part 4
Welcome Home
Speak Now.. Help Now
Dear Diary
Surprises
Secrets
Connecticut Part 1
Connecticut Part 2
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Part 2
Connecticut Part 3
Skate Shop
Ice Rink Part 1
Ice Rink Part 2
Dinner
Connecticut Part 4
Mood Swings
House Hunting
The Game Part 1
The Locker Room
The Game Part 2
The Game Part 3
Free Skate
Dear Diary
New Home Part 1
New Home Part 2
The Day Before

Second Chances

66 2 5
By dancinginthemoolight

Taylor POV

John soon let after we had our date and he sent a little time bonding Emmy. Needless to say, today was a good day. It could have gone a lot worse then how it did.  I am officially not really woried about John coming after me for custody, but I am also happy that Emmy will have a father figure in her life to depend upon. However, I do not plan on letting my guard up for awhile because I can not be hurt again twice by him. 

After he left I put Emmy in her onesie and into bed. She is getting too big, too quickly. It is honestly a shame that she is growing up this quickly. I want her to stay my little girl forever. Alas, this is not possible. She will continue to grow. 

After putting her to bed, I head back downstairs and begin cleaning up from the days events and doing the dishes that had been left from the day before.  I also call Tree and inform her on how John and I are getting along. After talking to Tree for a good, thirty minutes I went up to my room, showered, and went to sleep because tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

--------

The next morning I awake to Emmy crying in her crib grabbing on to the bars wanting out. I quickly get out of bed and let her out of the crib setting her down on the ground for the time being. After setting her down I head to her closet to get her a change of clothing and change her. 

Soon enough Emmy is dressed and changed ready for a day adventure and I still look like a hot mess. When I get down stairs to make breakfast I realize that my mom is packing up her stuff about to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask my mom walking over to her. 

"I am going back to Nashville, as you will not listen to any common sense." She replies huffing. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused and trying to wake up all the way. 

"Taylor, he is not good for you or Emmy. I understand letting him back into her life because he is her father but not yours. I can not control you, but I will not watch you tear your life apart for him again." She says this and grab her bags walking out the door. 

I remain frozen in my spot confused on what just happened. However, this does not happen for long as Emmy starts to cry wanting food. I quickly shake my head and go grab Emmy and feed her some cheerios as they are her favorite.  While she is eating I clean up the kitchen and eat my own breakfast. Soon after, Emmy finishes and I set her down on the floor in her play pen and let her play in there while watching Disney Junior. While she is occupied I quickly run upstairs and take a quick shower. When I come back down Tree is standing in my living room holding Emmy.

"Oh, hey Tree. What are you doing here?" I quickly ask. 

"Scott called, and you might want to sit down." Tree says placing Emmy back in her playpen. 

I sigh and sit down, but as I sit down my phone rings and it is John.

"One second Tree, it's John." She simply nods her head and leans back. 

"Hey John," I answer the phone, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I was wondering if I could come over to see Emmy? I mean I don't have too..." 

He continues, but I interrupt, "Yeah come on over. See you in a few." 

"Okay see you." He quickly hangs up.

"Sorry Tree, what did Scott do now?"

She sighs, "He just changed your tour dates. He went in and added tour dates starting up again next week and he asked me how you next album is coming along." 

"He did what?" I yell standing up. 

"Look, I understand this sucks but before he told me he had already sold the tickets." Tree says looking down. "I wish I could cancel them, but at this point Taylor it is to late. I am sorry I failed at my job." 

I sigh and sit back. "Well at least you told me, rather than him." I rub my hand down my face. "I guess I better get packed up again." I go to get up and there is a knock at the door. 

"Who's that?" Tree asks.

"John, will you grab it?"

"Yeah one second." 

Tree quickly walks over to the door and opens it. A few seconds later John walks in smilling. 

"Good morning Tay." He smiles at me.

"Morning," I respond. 

John head over to sit with Emmy who sees the giant man and tries to climb up his leg. To which he picks her up. After a few minutes of him kissing one cheek, then the other while she is giggling he sits down to play with her and her toys. 

"Anyway," Tree continues, "Scott has your going back to LA for two more shows. While there he set up an interview and said you needed to wear this dress." 

Tree shows me a picture and I stare at her. "Umm...no... That is not happening. I still have not lost the baby weight and that right there will make me look fat." 

"I can see about changing the dress."

"There is no see, Why do you think I purposefully chose tour outfits with sparkles and sequence that prevents tightness around my stomach. Because the weight is not gone." I yell at Tree causing Emmy to start crying. 

I realize what I did and go to get her but John already has her in his arms patting her back and telling her I'm okay. I sigh, "Just do what you can, when do we have to leave?"

"Three days because he also want your to meet some Make-A-Wish children in LA while you are there." Tree finishes. 

I just sigh and look over at Emmy and John. "Okay, I'll start packing." I say getting up; Tree quickly copies me and waves bye. On her way out she stops and stares at John plying with Emmy which causes her to smile. After a minute or so she leaves and I walk over to John and Emmy and sit with them. That when I realize the John is showing her different shapes on her toy. To which she is giggling. After a few moments he looks over at me. 

"Do you need to talk about it?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask confused. 

"Whatever, jut caused you to be upset. Also, who is Scott?" He asks confused. 

I sigh, "Scott is the owner of the record label. AKA my boss."

"So what did he do to upset you?"

"He sent me back on tour early and added new events and shows to my schedule. Now I don't have Christmas off, and its Emmy's first real Christmas."

"Is he allowed to do that?" John asked confused. 

"Yeah he can, but he is supposed to ask first. However, he went ahead and did it and sold tickets so at this point if I back out that put the bad reputation onto myself." I sigh getting frustrated. 

John leans back on his arms and tilts his head to the side thinking. "So, to make sure I am right. Scott decided that he wanted you to do more stuff and decided that you do not need a Christmas break?"

"Correct," I respond. 

He sighs. "This is why I hate record labels. They always think that they own their artists."

He pauses and sits back and smiles, "I understand that this Christmas is not going to be what you wanted, but why not have Christmas on the road?"

"Well, I guess that could work but, I just wanted this year to be memorable for Emmy." I sigh looking down. 

"It will be, because she will be with you. That is all she wants is her momma. I mean she is one, and most one year olds just want their parents to be happy." He responds smiling at me. 

"I guess," I respond. 

"Now is anything else going on, that I could help with?" He asks, while helping Emmy with one of her shapes. 

"Not really." I respond and sit back. 

After a few minutes I begin to run through my packing list when I remember that I do not have anyone that can take care of Emmy while I am busy since my mom left. 

"Shit," I say out loud while grabbing my cellphone. 

John quietly looks over at me and raises an eyebrow with a look that asks 'everything good?'

I just hold up a finger and call Tree. 

"Hello," She answers. 

"Hey, do you happen to know of anyone that can come watch Emmy during the shows and events?" 

"Umm..... no.... Why? " She asks confused. 

"My mom left and now I have no one to watch Emmy." I say sighing and rubbing my head. 

"I'll see but I have no promises." She replies hanging up. 

John looks over at me biting his lip like he wants something. 

"What is it?" I ask looking at him. 

"Well, I can babysit until I have to go back on tour in January if that would help? That also would give me more time with Emmy." He asks trying to negotiate and also plead his case. 

I think about it for a minute. He is not going to hurt her. He also says he loves me and wants to be with his daughter. I think this could work. 

"Yeah, that would work. Are you sure you're free?" I ask.

He smiles and nods. 

With this figured out I call Tree back, "Hey, John said he could watch her until he has to go back on tour in January. That should give you time to figure out another person to come right?"

"That's perfect. Also, if John is coming do you know if ...."

"I don't know if Steve is coming ask him yourself." I respond rolling my eyes at Tree and her husband. 

However, when this comes out my mouth John laughs in the background and says "Steve is coming if we have room". 

Tree hears this and responds, "Trust me we have room if not we'll make some." 

"Eww, I am going to hang up now." I respond hitting the end button. John just laughs and kisses Emmys head. 

I sigh and John get up heading to the kitchen where I am. He quietly sits down, "Tay," he starts. "Before life gets hetic and we lose out minds can we do something?" 

"What I ask?" 

He gets up and comes around the counter, getting closer to me, he leans down to my ear and breathes in obviously nervous to ask.  "Can we..." He pauses looking into my eyes for permission. "Can we... go... skating?" He asks leaning back. This causes me to take a sharp breath in. 

"Skating?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, they just got the Ice rink in the park and I thought it would be a fun adventure." He says looking at me. 

"Yeah, why not." I respond laughing. 

The next three days week by very quickly. John and I went on our second date to the skate park where we both discovered that we were quick learners, me more so than John. We also packed up for our trip and tour. This included mine, Emmy's, and John's clothing and necessities. The last day John spent the entire day entertaining Emmy while I went to have a meeting with Scoot about his dress choice, which by the way I lost the battle and have to squeeze into the dress in three days. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478 54 13
Do you remember your first love? Allison does. She won't ever forget him. Nor will she ever forget the boyfriends that came after. The heartache, the...
13.1K 187 9
I CHANGED THE COVER PHOTO (same story). This is a (fictional) story on what is happening right now with Taylor and Travis. It's loosely based on thei...
48.9K 1.9K 58
Katy Perry and John Mayer have always been close, but when several life changing experiences happen, will they ever find their happy ending?
12.7K 470 30
Superstar Alison Short and Quarterback Trevor Baker were destined to be from the start... Alison had everything it seemed she had adoring fans she ha...