This I Promise You

By midnight_readerscave

"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his he... More

Prologue
Character aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
THANK YOU❤️❤️❤️
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Please Read
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 47

2.6K 201 11
By midnight_readerscave

After comforting Dadi and successfully persuading her to take her medication and rest, the four of us gathered in the living room. Kshitij seemed engrossed in his phone, while Avy spoke in hushed tones, assuring me that everything would be fine and that Dadi and Dadu would be alright. I couldn't have managed to do this without Avy's supportive presence by my side today. His comforting demeanour was exactly what I needed. With a sigh, I leaned my head against his shoulder for a moment of solace.

"Ani, there's something else I need to talk to you about," My brother whispered, capturing my attention. I lifted my head to meet his gaze. He appeared restless, his fingers fidgeting nervously. An air of tension enveloped the room, and I noticed Kshitij's uneasy movements as well. Sensing the gravity of the situation, I furrowed my brows and directed my focus toward my brother.

"What's going on?" I inquired cautiously, my eyes fixed on his face. His expression was strangely neutral, devoid of any emotion. It was as if his features had been chiselled from ice, concealing whatever turmoil lay beneath the surface. He opened his mouth to say something when one of the workers came into the living room.

"Utkarsh babu, Bade Malik is calling you all into his study." He announced. Utkarsh sighed and stood up.

"Okay we are going you can go, thank you." Bhaiya said to him. "Let's go then this is going to be a long and exhausting talk." He sighed as he started walking towards the study.

We all walked into the study to see Dadu sitting in his deep thoughts . When we settled onto the couch and Utkarsh Bhaiya on the armchair. Dadu sighed and looked at Avy and I. "So, what do you want to talk to us Dadu?" Kshitij asked, looking nervous. Dadu looked at all of us, his attention stopping on Bhaiya.

"First of all, why did you think it was the best idea to hide and suffer in silence?" His voice was laced with unconcealed anger but it was not directed at us. "I want to know what all has happened." He said sternly. Bhaiya sighed.

"But we told everything already." I said so he wouldn't ask for any more. He looked at me sternly and for the first time I felt nervous. He never got angry at me. I gulped lowering my gaze.

"You told us what you thought was the best and least painful, you thought I would believe that?" He narrowed his eyes on the three of us. Bhaiya shook his head. We know how stubborn Dadu can get when he wants.

"What do you want to know about Dadu?" Bhaiya asked.

"Tell me when it started and who did it first, Sanjay or his wife? And who did they hit first?"

"It was me, Netra, his wife. She hit me first in front of Kshitij and Ani so they could instil fear in both of them and if they did anything they didn't like they would be next. We were shocked, unable to do anything. When I tried to ask why they did and that I would tell you about this, she said that if I told you, you wouldn't believe us and punish us more for lying." Bhaiya sighed. "We should have known that you would never do that but we were so vulnerable and we were adjusting to life without Maa and Papa we thought that was true and kept quiet."

Dadu's demeanor seemed to teeter between a simmering rage, as if he could explode at any moment, and a subdued sorrow that lay beneath the surface of his eyes. Bhaiya carried on with his account. "In the initial stages, they used to intimidate Kshitij and Ani by subjecting me to their wrath. As time passed, however, their anger gradually shifted towards Kshitij. Surprisingly, they refrained from physically harming Ani for the first couple of months – it was more about creating a sense of fear around her. We found some relief in the fact that she was spared from their physical aggression. Yet, that respite was short-lived." Bhaiya paused, his gaze connecting with mine for a brief moment, and I subtly nodded my head at him.

" The first time they hit we were minding our own business in our room. I was playing with my toys when Netra came into our room. They returned from somewhere, she was so angry that she was literally shaking. She came directly towards me and held my hand tightly and made me stand up. It hurt so bad. She started cursing me saying that I ruined everything and that they were not getting what they were supposed to get because of me. When I asked what she was talking about she slapped me so hard that I fell down." I stopped when I recalled how for the first time someone raised their hand at me and how much it had hurt.

Avy placed his around my shoulder to give me the much needed comfort. I took a deep breath and continued. "Bhaiya and Kshitij were beside but Sanjay came and held them away so they couldn't interfere. She kept hitting me and cursing at me until I passed out from all the crying. The next day I had a bruise on my face so did not send me to school for like 3-4 days. After that they hit me in places where no one can see, same with Bhiya and Kshitij. I was supposed to clean up after Amaira and do whatever she demands. The things which we got from you were taken away and given to their children." I sighed rubbing my forehead as a head was forming from reliving was giving me a headache.

"We were not supposed to have dinner until all the four of them finished and sometimes they wouldn't even give us food because of something they thought was wrong. They threatened that if we ever said anything to anyone they would find a way to kill us and make it seem like we ran away." Kshitij continued for me. I looked at him with a grateful expression.

"Why did you hide it from us for so long? I thought all the weird behaviour was from you guys missing your parents. God how wrong I was. This is all because of me I should have just given them what they asked."Dadu's voice was hoarse as if he was controlling his emotions from spilling out. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you, I should have brought you guys here and not trusted them." Tears fell freely from his eyes. My eyes welled up with tears. I had never seen Dadu cry except for the day after my parents' funeral.

He had been strong for us and Dadu never showed emotions doing the things he needed to do but the next day he cried in his room when I went to sleep with them since I was having nightmares and wasn't able to sleep. "Dadu please it is not your fault." Bhaiya stood up and went towards him and hugged him tight.

After Dadu calmed down Bhaiya stood up and sat leaning on the table. Dadu sighed and looked at all of us. "Why did you decide to tell us all of a sudden?" Bhaiya stiffened and looked at Avy, who looked at Dadu.

"All these years we were afraid that you won't be able to bear it since he was your only child. We didn't want to cause a rift in between you guys. Because Dadi was still grieving our parents and as we got older we just dealt with them on our own. I'm sorry to say this Dadu but I beat Sanjay to bloody pulp when I tried to raise his hand against Kshitij when I was 17." He turned and looked at Dadu with a smirk. "And now after Ani told her husband he says he can't just let her abusers roam free without any consequences and I thought why not." Bhaiya shrugged.

"So you don't want them to be punished." Dadu asked looking curiously Bhaiya who shrugged. "Tell me you don't have to hide it."

"I do, I'm just worried about how this is gonna affect you and Dadi. I've been holding myself from doing anything to them just because of you guys. Its not that I'm not doing anything I've been making him lose all his big deal behind his back that us why he is close to bankrupt." Bhaiya stopped as if he wanted to say something and turned to look at Avy then at Dadu. He released breath and continued. "Dadu I hope you know he is involved in illegal activities right?" Oh why am I not surprised.

"I do that is why what was supposed to be his in my will is transferred to both his kids and now I think I should just donate it to Ani's NGO Future Shine." Dadu said. Bhaiya and Avy stiffened as soon they heard the word NGO. I frowned at my NGO. I know Mama ran an NGO but how can it be mine?

"What?" I asked, confusion clear in my mind. He looked at me confused and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, your NGO which your mother used to run. It was left for you and as for your father's business and assets, they were divided equally between the two of you and some of them were left for you, Ani. Didn't you know about it, Ani?" Dadu asked, confused. I shook my head. Yes I know my mum used to run an NGO which was very big and we used to visit it sometimes with our parents. Dadu sighed. "Your Badi Maa didn't tell you." It was not a question, it was a statement. I shook my head again. Dadu cursed under his breath.

" As you know the NGO your mother ran is very big and prestigious. After her death it was given to you as it was written in her. But there were a lot of people who wanted that because it used to get millions of rupees in donations because of our family's connection. Their intentions were not right and they wanted that for their own greed." He sighed and sat back in his seat. 

"Ani let me tell you something and don't get me wrong Kartavya but I had my own reasons for marrying my Ani so early. I wanted her to marry a man of her choice and whenever she wanted but that was not possible as the word got out that she is the next in line for the NGO. She started getting threats and her life was in danger. So I shared my concerns with your grandfather who suggested that we should get her married to you since you guys have a lot more influence and royal connections and no harm could be done to her."

"Yeah actually we do not like you and didn't want you as my sister's husband, because she is clearly way out of your league. But what can we do? Your Dadu and mine are good friends and Ani could have more protection, that was why we compromised and accepted you." Bhaiya taunted Avy. Before Avy could say anything and they went at it again I interrupted. This is not the time for them to bicker.

I looked at Dadu with wide eyes at this new revelation. "Why didn't you tell me?" I almost shouted.

"Ani we wanted you to not always be on guard, we wanted you to have fulfilling life without felling suffocated and live without looking over your shoulder. You have a whole security detail who are hidden from you and Amar is the head of security detail." I felt betrayed by what they were revealing. I know what they did was for my own good and safety they could've at least told me.

"Why would you guys hide something so big? How can you hire a whole security detail and not tell me. That is a high invasion of my privacy." I narrowed my eyes at them angry for what they did.

Bhaiya rolled his eyes and narrowed his eyes right back at me. "So you could give them a slip like you did with Amar and sneak out with your friends and invite trouble for yourself you thought we didn't know huh?" I blushed furiously at being caught. "That's why we didn't tell you."

"Are they still hired for me?" I questioned.

"No they are not. Since Kartavya's security is with you." I sighed, ofcourse how could I forget. I sat silently absorbing what Dadu had just said.

"So what are we going to do?" Dadu asked.

"We?" Kshitij asked, surprised.

"What! You didn't think I would let them get away with hurting my grand babies. Do you?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"We aren't babies." Bhaiya said, rolling his eyes.

"Anyway, regarding that, we've got something in the works," Bhaiya began, his voice dripping with anticipation. He proceeded to outline their meticulous plan, detailing how they would dismantle everything cherished by Sajay and his family. Their scheme involved laying bare Sajay's illicit endeavors, leaving no stone unturned in their quest to unveil his dark secrets. The once-promising alliance with Ekansh would transform into a mirage of hope, only to descend into a haunting nightmare. The suffering he had inflicted on us would come full circle, and there would be no escape for them. They would bow before us, begging for the mercy we were once denied.

As for his wife, who reveled in her esteemed status as a Rajvansh in social circles, her empire would crumble when the truth emerged about her husband's extramarital affairs. The spotlight she had basked in would turn into a harsh glare, illuminating how she misused funds intended for the noble cause of the Future Shine NGO.

After an hour as they were still planning I excused myself to go meet Dadi since I know now that they are doing this together I don't have to worry and Avy will tell me what they had discussed later. I walked into the hallway towards my Dadi's room where she was resting, I knocked on the door and waited for her response. "Come in." She called. I walked in to see her sitting on the windowsill looking out of the window deep in thoughts.

"Dadi. you're not resting." She turned towards me with a smile, I walked and sat down opposite her. She did not say anything, just kept looking out. "Do you know, Ani" She started after a few moments. "I never treated any of my children differently. I treated both my daughters in law as if they were my own daughters. Never showed any difference between them and the same goes to my grandchildren. They all are my heart. I love you all equally." She sighed and finally she looked at me.

"How could this happen? I still can't wrap my mind around this. What was the reason for the abuse? I know Netra and Sanjay can be a little shallow and sometimes greedy too when it comes to money. But I never thought they would stoop so low to hurt you guys. How can they abuse three innocent children who are already hurting because of the loss of their parents' death. I'm so angry Ani, I want to go there and demand why they did this to you guys and make them apologise to you guys and get them punished." She muttered anger lacing her voice as tears streamed down her face.

I reached forward and held her hand in mine. "Dadi please calm down and stop stressing yourself about all this. Bhaiya and Avy are taking care of everything. It's over it's in the past and they will get what they deserve"

"But Ani, I can't believe our upbringing has failed and created such a monster who can hurt little innocent kids without feeling any remorse. Not only are they bad people, they made their children just like them."

"Vivan bhai is not like them, Dadi. He understands what his parents and sister did was wrong and doesn't approve of their actions." I tried to defend him. Dadi looked at me as if I am a naïve innocent child. She sighed and caressed my cheek.

"If he understands what his parents were doing is wrong why didn't he tell us about it. Why did he never once speak up for you guys." She paused as her words made sense. Yes, why didn't he? "Ani, he is older than Utkarsh, he could've told us or atleast gave us a hint about what was going on. If he truly understood the gravity of their actions, why did he remain silent? Why didn't he ever speak out in your defence?" Her words hung in the air, probing the very heart of the matter. It was a question I had asked myself too.

As her words resonated, I recalled the countless instances when he conveniently stayed within his room, even as our pleas for mercy echoed through the house. He never once intervened to stop his sister's cruelty. He had chosen to remain aloof, a silent spectator to our suffering. My perception of him as a kind-hearted individual shattered under the weight of Dadi's revelation. He had been masquerading as a benevolent soul while concealing a darker truth beneath the surface.

When I didn't say anything Dadi patted my cheek. I looked at her to see a small smile was playing on her lips. "Dadi, I never thought about it like that. But when I look at it this way, I understand why Bhaiya is not close with him at all." I whispered.

"It's okay, forget it." She looked at the clock and turned to me. "It's late, you have to go home. Where are they?" I don't want to leave after what they just learned. I know Dadi is taking this better way better than I expected it but I want to stay here and make sure Dadi and Dadu are both okay.

"They are in the study." I murmured.

"Let's go then." We entered the study to see them still talking. They stopped when we entered.

"Dadi, you are still awake." Bhaiya asked with furrowed brows. Dadi waved a dismissive hand in his direction. "How can I sleep without seeing them off."

"Ani, are you ready to go?" Avy asked.

"Umm actually I want stay the weekend here with you guys." I looked at Dadi. "If that's okay with you guys." I said. They all looked at me with varied expressions. Dadi and Dadu looked surprised, Bhaiya and Kshitij were grinning and while Avy's expression shifted into a slight frown, akin to someone whose puppy had just been kicked.

"What?" He asked.

"I want to stay here for the weekend. I haven't been here since dinner and that was over 7 months ago." I tried to make him understand. I know he is taken aback since this was not our plan but I don't want to leave them alone now. They may seem strong for now but I want to make Dadi and Dadu are actually okay.

"You can stay here as long as you want Gudiya, after all this is your house. You can permanently stay here if you want." Bhiaya smirked looking at Avy who glared at him.

"Utkarsh." Dadi said sternly. Bhaiya pursed his lips. "Kartavya we would really like it if you and Ani stayed for the weekend. You guys never stayed here, please think about it." Avy nodded with a strained smile. "Come on guys, let them talk." Dadi chimed, and they all walked out. As the door to the study closed I went and sat beside Avy who still displeased.

"Avy, Can we stay here please." I said cupping his cheeks.

"But I thought we would return home tonight. I even made plans for the weekend for us." He frowned.

"I know I know but I don't want to leave them right now. I want to make sure they are okay. Please." He sighed pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as he nuzzled my neck.

"You don't have to say please. I can understand your worries, you stay here but I have an important breakfast meeting tomorrow so I need to get home and prepare for that." I pouted but nodded anyway. "How am I going to spend the whole weekend without you?" He mumbled.

"I'm going to call and text you." I assured him. He nodded pulling back. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and captured my lip in searing kissing. Time seemed to suspend, the world around us fading into oblivion. His lips were soft yet urgent, as if trying to convey a thousand unspoken words in that single touch. In that kiss, I poured all the unspoken emotions within me, silently conveying my gratitude to him for being my anchor in this moment, offering the solace that I so desperately needed. Each brush of our lips was a heartfelt thank you, a whisper of appreciation for his presence, his understanding, and the refuge he provided today.

As the kiss deepened, the world around us faded into a haze of sensation. The taste of him, the warmth of his breath, the way our bodies pressed together – it was a sensory overload that left no room for rational thought.

Avy and I walked down stairs into the living room where my family was talking among themselves. As soon as we walked into the living room Dadi stood up. "So are you guys staying?" Avy shook his head.

"Ani is staying, I'm sorry Dadi I can't stay. I have an early morning meeting tomorrow." He replied regretfully. Dadi nodded understandingly. "Okay I'll have to take my leave now. I'll see you soon." He took my grandparents blessings, hugged Kshitij and shook his hand with Bhaiya.

"I'll see him off." He nodded one last time at them and we walked out. 

********

Hey guys, 

We reached 70K. I can't thank you all enough for the love and support you showed to my book. I really appreciate it💕💕. Hope you enjoy reading.

Let me what you think of this chapter.

Don't forget to Comment, Vote and Share.

A❤️☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 10.2K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...
701K 5.4K 8
The name of the book has been changed from (LOVE HEALS )to HEALING HEARTS FINDING LOVE ❤️ .... ""Get ready," he said, "I won't be getting ready," sh...
46.9K 3.5K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
747K 48K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...