Back to natural disaster stoc...

By ihatemetabolism

Author: weaving acridine Latest: Chapter 118 Extra Story Chinese name:《重回天灾囤货忙》织吖 In 2030, a torrential rain... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (1)
Chapter 19 (2) -20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (1)
Chapter 22 (2), 24
Chapter 22 (3) , 27
Chapter 22 (4)
Chapter 22 (5)
Chapter 22 (6)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (1)
Chapter 35 (2)
Chapter 36 (1)
Chapter 36 (2)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (1)
Chapter 42 (2)
Chapter 43 (1)
Chapter 43 (2)
Chapter 44 (1)
Chapter 44 (2)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (1)
Chapter 49 (2)
Chapter 50 (1)
Chapter 50 (2)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (1)
Chapter 56 (2)
Chapter 57 (1)
Chapter 57 (2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 (1)
Chapter 63 (2)
Chapter 64 (1)
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (1)
Chapter 70 (1)
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 (1)
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter 109

172 6 0
By ihatemetabolism

return

Back to natural disaster stockpiling busy

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 109

    The mighty snow removal activities continued until dark and did not end.

    The manpower of supernatural beings is limited, even if all the staff are dispatched, they cannot clean up the snow in the entire city.

    The snowplowing brigade of supernatural beings is only responsible for the most troublesome part, and the sanitation workers are responsible for the major roads. As for other places, they still have to do it themselves.

    On one side is the endless snow, on the other side is the incomparably heroic snow, everyone's arms are sore from exhaustion.

    "What can I do! I will be buried again tomorrow."

    There are not a few people who worry about "tomorrow".

    "It's big enough, stop now, stop now!"

    Everyone was praying, but what came to mind was the heavy rain in the first year of the end of the world.

    Yu Yuetong worked an overtime shift, and a special person was in charge of the interrogation and investigation of spies, and her work focus was not there.

    Now the most important thing is to deal with the snow.

    Heavy snow keeps falling, and the snow on the road surface will be filled with new snow after being shoveled.

    Even worse, what to do with the shoveled snow?

    This snow is not the next day or two, nor the next week or two weeks.

    The city is so big, the flower beds on both sides of the road will not be able to pile up sooner or later, and it will be bad if there is another "avalanche" at that time.

    It can only be shipped out of the city.

    There are many rivers in the south, even in the city there are many rivers.

    The scorching in summer made the river bottom out and completely reduced to a "container", but it is too naive to rely on these rivers to hold enough snow to submerge a city!

    What Yu Yuetong is hosting is the artificial iceberg project.

    In order to save resources to the greatest extent,

    residents in rural areas, suburbs, and old urban areas will eventually move to newly planned bases.

    It is indeed very inconvenient to have more than one million people crowded into a small "base", but it is nothing compared to life!

    The base in the previous life was not so crowded, but how many people are there in the entire base?

    As long as you can survive, what is the disadvantage of being crowded and inconvenient?

    "Confirm again, there is no sign of life anymore, right?"

    The supernatural person with strong perception ability, the satellite remote sensing confirmation, the thermal imager confirmation... After dozens of procedures passed, with the "Qi" With a sound, a vortex appeared in mid-air, and then countless snow poured out.

    The ice-type abilities activated their abilities together, guiding and compressing the snow in their area into hard ice.

    The snow is too soft, and under the same weight, the volume of the ice cube is much smaller.

    On the first day, the snow in the entire city of Yucheng became the first foundation of iceberg blocks.

    The only difference between this "building block" and children's toys is that it covers an area of ​​200 square kilometers.

    The meaning of the first day is—every day after that, the snow will be transported here, pressed into hard ice blocks, and built up layer by layer to look like a snow mountain.

    The blizzard this time will only be more terrifying than the first year's torrential rain, and the entire Yucheng will disappear if left alone.

    Hiding in the room and lingering alive, it is only getting closer and closer to death.

    Organize all the forces that can be organized, turn the impossible into reality, and let more people survive!

    This goal, at least in this one, is no longer just a slogan.

    Yu Yuetong looked at the first building block and murmured: "As long as [Young Girl]'s reverse space teleportation technology is developed and the iceberg is sent to the North Pole before the 'summer' comes, there is still hope!" Drought after the snowstorm

    ? No, it is the flood that destroys the world.

    The high temperature turned the snow into endless water, shattering countless people's beliefs, despair, fear, numbness...

    Yu Yuetong shook her head, throwing away all those things that had disappeared.

    "Have you got the summary of the planting base? How much ginger is there?" In the

    cold winter, humans and diseases are also a big battle.

    Cold medicine, anti-fever medicine, gastrointestinal medicine, anti-inflammatory medicine, cough medicine... These medicines are the most important production targets in summer.

    But not enough, far from enough.

    A low temperature of more than ten degrees below zero can kill people. For humans, it takes at least ten months for a new life to be born, and it takes at least ten years for a baby to grow into a [human].

    What about viruses? It doesn't take a year, the number of viruses in trillions will quickly adapt to the low temperature, and evolve a super cold-resistant virus that can't die even if it is tens of degrees below zero.

    Ginger soup, masks, disinfectant water...and heating.

    These four things are the most basic epidemic prevention materials.

    "What's the progress of the relocation?"

    Yucheng is a southern city with magic attacks and no heating. Under the double pressure of materials and time, it is the limit to ensure the heating supply in the base.

    The old city had been in trouble for a while during the urban renewal, but the trouble returned, and when it came to the cold winter, they could only accept the relocation plan.

    The planned area of ​​the base in Yucheng is only 120 square kilometers, but it needs to accommodate a population of 1.8 million.

    This population density can be said to be quite large.

    All the discussions Yu Yuetong heard on the way home from get off work were related to this matter.

    Unlike the previous northern heating, the heating this time is accurate to every household or even every room.

    The low temperature of tens of degrees below zero without heating will kill people. Like food, there is the lowest "relief heating".

    Contrary to the habitual thinking that twelve o'clock in the evening is the coldest, the coldest time of the day is one or two hours before the sun comes out.

    Many people also die silently in their sleep during this time period.

    The time for free heating is two hours, one hour is decided by oneself, and one hour is fixed at four o'clock in the morning. Of course, the number of square meters is also stipulated. It is calculated on the basis of head count, two square meters per person. The size of the heated room and the number of people in the household must be balanced. If there is more, it will be converted into time, and if there is less, it will be made up.

    The hour from 4:00 am to 5:00 am is basically the coldest time period. Of course, it is also cold after 5:00 am, but energy is limited. It is not easy to provide free heating for two hours a day.

    The newly installed heating system is more accurate than the power supply system. The heating cost is calculated at 0.5 work points per square hour. You can recharge your mobile phone and decide the time of day.

    But even if this price is the cost price, it is difficult for many families to afford.

    Yu Yuetong has a generator at home, but based on current prices, generating electricity yourself is no cheaper than paying for it.

    But her house has a lot of space, and she has a lot of supplies in her hands. Adhering to the principle that what can save a little resources for the government is a little bit, Yu Yuetong only charged a little money, and the big part was the generator.

    More than 1,000 square meters, even if it is only for the most difficult ten hours at night, Yu Yuetong has to pay more than 5,000 a day, even she can't afford such expenses!

    Most people in the community choose to turn on the heating in only one room, and the family huddles in one room when they sleep at night, saving money, keeping warm, and taking care of each other if something goes wrong.

    "How much did you charge? We have a large family, and we have to spend money to buy a three-layer bed, but it hurts me!

    " What?!"

    "Don't talk about it, I'm going to cry."

    "Don't be sad, our life is already pretty good, look abroad, it's not a life for people!"

    "Alas..."

    Long and short sighs were everywhere.

    Food costs money, electricity costs money, gas costs money, heating costs money, clothes cost money, and when you die, you need money to see a doctor and take medicine, but when the weather gets colder, jobs also decrease.

    How long can it last?

    The atmosphere in the Jiangshan community is not so bad that a considerable part of the residents here are united owners of the community.

    After the vacant houses were resettled into tens of thousands of resettlement households, the original owner's sense of crisis came up immediately.

    Most of the residents who were arranged to come in were relatives with close relatives. A family of ten or twenty people were arranged into one room. It was crowded, poor, and the pressure of survival was so great that it made people collapse.

    The owners of Jiangshan District are similar to this model. They have relatives at home who come to join them. They basically nod their heads and live there. There are many people who feel safe. Living in this world is not easy, and they only care about trivial matters when they are idle and have nothing to do. , In this extreme situation where the whole family may starve to death, I feel that blood relationship is one of the few things that can be believed.

    But it is a fact that the number of owners in the community is not dominant. Under Yu Yuetong's intentional or unconscious guidance, the original owners of the community huddled together.

    Later, a lot of residents moved in, and there were some cliques, but after all, they were no match for the thousand-strong army of "local snakes", obediently following the original order of the community.

    But immediately, as the weather gets colder and colder, the population in the urban area and the surrounding rural suburbs will be squeezed into the "small base", and finally the order of "not stealing, not grabbing, and being able to help each other" will be normal The situation that was going on was broken.

    This time, 50,000 people were arranged to go to Jiangshan Community.

    The open space greening and public places in Jiangshan District have been transformed into 5,000 temporary housing within the past two months. Each house is about 40 square meters, but five people need to live in such a small room.

    But only 25,000 people can be arranged.

    Another 25,000 people will be stuffed into residential buildings.

    The resettled households have no room to refuse, and they themselves were resettled, but it is impossible to say that they have no emotions at all.

    The per capita area of ​​the resettlement households is pitifully small, and there are no two private spaces. If there are more people, it will be like a prison cell.

    The emotions of the residents in the community are even greater. The house is their own, and they are still paying the mortgage up to now, but the money has been converted into work points, and their home has been arranged in a shared space with strangers—even though they know that these people are poor people, this has violated their conscience. Profit!

    Yu Yuetong is responsible for the resettlement of Jiangshan Community and surrounding communities.

    She hasn't announced the news yet, but she can already imagine what a bloody scene it will be.

    "A role model..." Yu Yuetong felt a headache when he thought of the vegetable field and fish box at home.

    Their family is big, and it is hard to justify not accepting dozens of people, but when I think of dozens of strangers I don’t know, it is false to say that I don’t feel unhappy at all.

    How to deal with this matter has become Yu Yuetong's biggest headache now.

    The author has something to say:

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and communication, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 595 47
A ​​ruthless flood swept the world, natural disasters came, extreme cold and heat, earthquakes and a series of extreme weather appeared, human civili...
24.4K 278 200
Author: Fengyuan Candy [Space farming + miracle doctor koi + gourmet pet husband imperial examination + group pet healing] In his last life, he went...
58.9K 915 65
开局天灾,我靠囤百亿物资躺赢 作者:程加加 Not My Story
23.5K 346 15
Apocalypse, extreme heat, hoarding supplies, decisive killing] The terrifying apocalypse suddenly strikes, but there are no zombies in this apocalyps...