Back to natural disaster stoc...

By ihatemetabolism

Author: weaving acridine Latest: Chapter 118 Extra Story Chinese name:《重回天灾囤货忙》织吖 In 2030, a torrential rain... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (1)
Chapter 19 (2) -20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (1)
Chapter 22 (2), 24
Chapter 22 (3) , 27
Chapter 22 (4)
Chapter 22 (5)
Chapter 22 (6)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (1)
Chapter 35 (2)
Chapter 36 (1)
Chapter 36 (2)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (1)
Chapter 42 (2)
Chapter 43 (1)
Chapter 43 (2)
Chapter 44 (1)
Chapter 44 (2)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (1)
Chapter 49 (2)
Chapter 50 (1)
Chapter 50 (2)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (1)
Chapter 56 (2)
Chapter 57 (1)
Chapter 57 (2)
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 (1)
Chapter 63 (2)
Chapter 64 (1)
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (1)
Chapter 70 (1)
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 (1)
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter 85

181 7 0
By ihatemetabolism

return

Back to natural disaster stockpiling busy

Simplified

set up

turn off the lights

big

middle

Small

Chapter 85

    Warm soup is the cure for everything. The igloo is much warmer than its literal meaning, but perhaps other surrounding factors have brought hints to the brain. Although the body is warm, the whole person has fallen into the lazy state of winter. middle.

    The fans who were full of the soup were eaten into their stomachs with soup and powder. After eating three bowls in a row, Yu Yuetong felt that his stomach was 70% full, so he slowed down and filled a bowl of soup full of tofu and shrimp slippery. I drank in small sips.

    The ground is covered with anti-burning mats, which have the effect of preventing cold, but there is no sense of ceremony.

    Yu Yuetong pulled out another thick quilt and wrapped it around her body, revealing only the fingers that needed to hold the bowl and spoon and the mouth that ate the soup.

    Yan Annan was worried that she would spill soup on the quilt because she couldn't see.

    Although he felt that this possibility was not very high, Yan Annan's mind was uncontrollably thinking about the "what if" small probability event.

    "Captain Yan, aren't you cold?"

    Yu Yuetong asked curiously after taking a sip of the soup and sighing comfortably.

    Yan Annan is certainly not cold. It should be said that the structure of the igloo makes it much warmer than it looks on the outside. Even if there is a huge snowstorm dozens of degrees below zero outside, the indoor temperature without a fire can still have a "warm" environment of 1 degree.

    Yan Annan's anti-freeze ability was not bad before the awakening of the supernatural ability. After becoming a supernatural person, all kinds of resistance gradually increased with the increase of the level.

    After hesitating again and again, Yan Annan chose a more conservative answer: "Aren't we wearing polar suits?" "

    Sense of ceremony! Captain Yan, don't you have a sense of ceremony?!" Yu Yuetong's eyes widened in disbelief, "We Now you are caught in a blizzard! It’s so cold outside, don’t you show any signs of it?!”

    Means? What does it mean? Yan Annan was puzzled.

    Since it is a blizzard, why do you want to eat iced fruit?

    Since you want a sense of ritual, why did you say something like "no sense of ritual" when chatting with Yin Yuwei last time?

    Yan Annan, who is upright and friendless, doesn't quite understand this and is confused.

    "If you really don't understand at this time, just listen to me!" Yu Yuetong threw a quilt for him.

    Yan Annan hesitated for a moment, but followed Yu Yuetong's example and wrapped himself up, only showing his fingers and face.

    "Huh—"

    The hot bowl was held in his hands, and the warm temperature spread from the soup to his palm, and then spread the temperature to the whole body along the blood.

    Very warm.

    Polar suits with good thermal insulation can also protect the whole person from the cold, but the feeling brought by hot soup seems to be a little different.

    Take another sip of soup like Yu Yuetong, the thick and delicious soup brings sweetness to every taste bud, obviously only a little bit is added as a tool to enhance freshness, but at this moment it brings a shocking freshness to the tongue sweet.     The white tofu is old tofu that has been frozen to the point that it is full of pores. It has three points more than lactone tofu and has a richer bean fragrance. The hot soup collided against the inner wall of the mouth, it was hot but not hurtful, it was so hot that it gave the illusion of comfort.     Next, there is the shrimp slippery with elastic teeth.     The shape of the shrimp that was randomly squeezed out of the pot is very irregular, some are long, some are round, but most of them are oddly shaped.     Although the shape is strange, it does not affect the taste. The whipped shrimp meat is extremely strong, and the teeth can obviously feel the elasticity when biting down. When the tongue touches it, it feels tender and smooth, and the mouth feels like it has been bombed by fresh bombs. Every cell clamored to surrender, and even the arc of the quilt changed.     "It's delicious!" Yu Yuetong was very proud, and asked him by the way, "Is there a feeling of being lazy and not wanting to move?"     Yan Annan's body froze, and his bent waist straightened up immediately.     "What does it matter? It's not that we avoided the mission, but that we were trapped in the blizzard and couldn't move forward. Objective weather factors, it's useless to get angry."

    Yu Yuetong picked up the spoon and poured another bowl for him, and then scooped up a big spoon full of shrimp smoothies for herself. It can be said that the double labeling was very blatant!

    Yan Annan wasn't dissatisfied with this, rather he was "flattered" that Yu Yuetong would add soup to him.

    Although these actions seemed to be time-wasting "useless efforts", Yan Annan, who was a little anxious, slowly calmed down as the steaming heat enveloped him.

    There was no emotion on his face all the time, but it didn't mean he had no emotion.

    Hundreds of lives are waiting for him to rescue, and the survival of more than one billion people depends on this task. Yan Annan must complete the task perfectly!

    But just like Yu Yuetong said, the mighty power of nature is something they cannot compete with.

    Yan Annan was very calm. The reason why the higher authorities valued him so much was because he had a "poker face" that would not shake the morale of the army.

    All unstable anxiety is completely shattered, and all panic that makes subordinates uneasy will never appear.

    He must be the calm and powerful Dinghaishenzhen!

    "Huh, huh, huh—" Yu Yuetong blew on the hot soup, and the water vapor condensed into small water droplets on her eyelashes, hanging to cover the messy emotions in her eyes, "There are only two of us here, and I don't It will eat you up, it doesn't matter if you relax a bit."

    Although Yan Annan never showed it, as long as he is a human being, he will have limits.

    It is said that the ability will reflect a part of the owner's personality. For a calm person like Yan Annan, the ability is not the ice in the stereotype, but the manic thunder.

    Probably because Lei Yun in the previous life was too shocking, it was hard for Yu Yuetong to forget the existence of Yan Annan.

    To be honest, Yu Yuetong admired him a little.

    Yu Yuetong is an egoist, and the premise of all actions is not to harm her own interests.

    Yan Annan was completely different from her, but Yu Yuetong couldn't hate her at all.

    Probably, as a vested interest, only when there are more and more people like Yan Annan can she live more comfortably.

    "Team Yan, to be honest, I'm quite envious of you. You don't have any troubles, just go forward bravely when you decide on something, and you won't regret or give up.

    " The normal happy reaction of being praised, but felt another series of electric currents flashed through his body, making his scalp numb.     "Captain Yu," Yan Annan's mind was dumb, although he didn't know why he made her angry, but in short, he just apologized first, "I'm not very good at interpersonal communication, I'm used to being in the army , I don’t have anyone to tell the truth, if something makes you unhappy, I’ll apologize to you first.” “     …Not really.” Yu Yuetong didn’t know why he started to apologize, “Minister, I— —"     "An'an Kangkang is very cute, well-behaved and smart. They are the cutest puppies in the world. They are tied for the first place, in no particular order. I said some bad things to them at the beginning, all because of me Dogs are inferior to human eyes."     After being reminded by Yan Annan, Yu Yuetong remembered Yan Annan's saying that An'an Kangkang was "ordinary" and "just like that".     His own cub is the cutest, and Yu Yuetong, who holds vengeance, said with a smile: "Our minister finally found his eyes!"     Yan Annan felt that there seemed to be something wrong. It seemed that after saying this sentence, Yu Yuetong's emotions It's not getting any better.     But Yu Yuetong who suddenly spoke nice words to him was really not the usual Yu Yuetong! Is Yu Yuetong the kind of person who speaks nice things to people for no reason? ! He must have accidentally offended her and forgot to apologize!     "I also apologize for saying that you were too arrogant last time. The incident of 'accusing you of being too arrogant' itself is a manifestation of my arrogance. I was the first to—" Yan Annan was startled by the murderous look emerging from Yu     Yuetong He shut his mouth abruptly.     how to say? I always feel that Yu Yuetong really can't help but do it after talking about it.

    "Forget it." Yu Yuetong gave him a deep look, "Let's let the past go, everyone don't mention it."

    In order to complete the task more smoothly, Yu Yuetong originally wanted to give Yan Annan a psychological counseling, but after such a After talking, she found out that it was reasonable for Yan Annan to have no friends!     Yu Yuetong, who thought he was a bit pitiful, must have something wrong! Fortunately, the Yu Yuetong in the past is no longer the Yu Yuetong in the present, and the Yu Yuetong in the present is Yu Mo Deqing Yuetong.     Yan Annan felt that Yu Yuetong didn't have the cheerfulness of "the past is over" at all, and that smile didn't look like "a smile that wipes away all grievances" but rather like killing you at night.     Yu Yuetong bowed his head and sipped the soup to show that the topic was over, Yan Annan also closed his mouth with a desire to survive, and quietly acted as a decoration.     After drinking a pot of soup for more than an hour, Yu Yuetong felt drowsy from the heat of the fire, and subconsciously yawned.     Yan Annan started to clean up the pots and pans with great insight.     "The task time is tight, Yu Yue—Team Yu, you should go to sleep for a while, we two take turns. We will leave as soon as the snow stops."     Yu Yuetong did not refuse.     Since I got off the boat, I have been doing high-intensity and fast actions every day. I only sleep five hours a day to maintain the most basic rest, and I also eat three meals while walking.     Now that there is an opportunity to rest, it is natural to seize it firmly and try to restore the state to the best level possible.     The igloo is a large and small igloo designed to be connected in the middle. Although the big igloo looks spacious, its thermal insulation effect is not as good as that of the small igloo.     Yan Annan was tidying up in the big room, but Yu Yuetong acquiesced that the small room belonged to her, and fell asleep as soon as she wrapped the quilt upside down.     Three hours later, Yan Annan woke her up and changed shifts with her.     Although three hours is short, it is a very suitable time. Sufficient sleep will make the body dull after being satisfied, and they are in the Arctic where they are in danger of dying at any time. Once the body becomes dull, the exchange may be forever long sleep.

    "Is the snow a little smaller?" From the fact that Yan Annan didn't wake her up in advance, it can be seen that the blizzard was still big but it made people unable to move, but Yu Yuetong still took a chance.

    Yan Annan counted the time and said to Yu Yuetong, "If the snow isn't much heavier, then wake me up in two hours."

    It was time to hurry in a snowstorm.

    Very dangerous, very crazy decision.

    But no one knows when the snow will end, and what they lack most is time.

    Snowstorms in the Arctic are unpredictable. It could be hours, it could be days.

    They experienced a huge snowstorm for several hours on the way here, and also experienced a snowstorm that was not very severe at first, but became more and more terrifying and lasted for several days, and finally calmed down in a flash.

    It was impossible to predict when the blizzard that would trap them would stop, but the time when the mission failed was clearly in front of them.

    So many people are waiting for water, and countless people are dying every day.

    Those who died of thirst, those who died of heat, those who died of starvation, and... those who died of poverty.

    Finding someone one day earlier not only increases the chances of survival, but also gives humanity a little more hope.

    "Okay." The blizzard was nothing more than a snowstorm. Although the danger was great, it was not as great as a 100% fatality rate.

    Yu Yuetong is very courageous!

    Two hours later, Yu Yuetong woke up Yan Annan.

    People who often need to go out on missions don't have such a thing as getting up.

    Even instant sobriety requires training until it becomes instinct and habit.

    "Let's go." Yu Yuetong had already packed her things, and by the way, released the snowmobile specially arranged for this mission.

    This snowmobile looks like an ordinary off-road vehicle, but its wheels are nothing like ordinary off-road vehicles.

    Numerous iron chains protrude from the wheels, and the front end of the iron chains are all kinds of scary-looking iron hooks.

    These are new wheels designed to grip the ice.

    The snow is very fluffy, and there is a "steel plate" on the front of the car that can crush the snow into ice. In order to prevent slipping, the tires are specially added with a lot of iron chains and hooks.

    There is a switch controlled by an intelligent system on the hook, hold it tight, release it, hold it tight... In this way, the car can move forward steadily without being hindered.

    The interior of the car is also very interesting, the glass is resistant to low temperature, the engine also uses a breakthrough new technology, and it is made of cold-resistant insulation materials.

    In theory, it can withstand a blizzard! But it's just a semi-finished product that was rushed out, so it's hard to say whether it can really withstand the snowstorm.

    After getting in the car, Yan Annan told her: "Be prepared to break the window at any time. Once an accident occurs, you have to escape as soon as possible. Prioritize everything."

    Yu Yuetong nodded: "Captain Yan, you have to be greedy for my life and fear death . Be confident!"

    Yan Annan ignored him.

    If you are really greedy for life and afraid of death, why would you take this task for such a little work?

    "Let's go."

    Because of the 24-hour daylight in the North Pole, there is no darkness here, but there is also no "road conditions". Whether it is snow or ice, whether it is a thin layer of snow or a thick "road", everything is unknown. .

    Coupled with the fact that the blizzard had reduced visibility to a minimum, even with the scouting of the little dragonfly, the forward speed was ridiculously slow.

    But that's not the worst!

    The car is going to be blown apart.

    Reasons that sounded outrageous became quite normal after surviving an avalanche.

    Although barely relying on Yu Yuetong's guidance and Yan Annan's strong reflexes, he almost "passed" the avalanche, but there were some problems when the car rolled over and collided with the big ice.

    The hull was split.

    The original snowmobile is very wind-resistant, and the wind-resistant design comes from its "seamless" nature, but now the car is cracked.

    The wind is everywhere, and the slightest gap can let it rush in. At this rate, it is only a matter of time before the car is blown into a pile of parts.

    But now the situation is different from the beginning of the blizzard.

    Even those with supernatural powers will be blown away by the strong wind. As long as they are still on the earth, they cannot use the skill of "kicking left foot, right foot, right foot kicking left foot and constantly borrowing strength", unless the supernatural power is this special power By.

    "Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" the window was opened, and the huge wind almost blew the car away.

    "Captain Yu, what are you doing?"

    Yu Yuetong gathered the little dragonflies that were blown away by the wind into a big wooden ball, and then showed Yan Annan what a "model" is.

    "Click."

    The car window opened again, and countless wooden blocks flew out, and then, under Yan Annan's shocked gaze, the wooden blocks surrounded the car like building blocks.

    The wheels are exposed perfectly, the car's driving is not affected, but the car is no longer wobbly.

    "I mentioned it to you before, Gundam." Yu Yuetong said with some regret, "It's a pity that my current ability is only so far as to show off. Otherwise, we are afraid of this little snow when we drive the real Gundam?     " The best thing about the control wood is that it will not be "damaged". Even if it is cracked by the low temperature, Yu Yuetong only needs to continue to fix the cracked part in this position, so that it can contribute to the windshielding cause. .     Yan Annan was silenced by her Versailles. But his strong psychological quality allowed him to continue to steer the car steadily towards the research base.     After about six hours of driving, the wood outside the car stopped making noise.     The blizzard stopped.

    "It's not that we stopped, we just escaped from the range of the snowstorm." The wood wrapped the car tightly, Yan Annan couldn't see the scene outside, but Yu Yuetong couldn't be more clear.

    "Team Yan, drive faster, the research base is here."

    But along with this good news, came another bad news - the research base was within the coverage of another snowstorm.

    Sweat stains appeared on Yu Yuetong's forehead, not because of fear, but because of heat.

    The air circulation inside and outside the car is not good, and the temperature in a small space is easily affected by body temperature. Yu Yuetong is sweating a little from the heat now.

    "Keep this speed and stop in two minutes."

    The signal in the North Pole is not very good, but before coming here, the higher up gave special communication equipment, which is somewhat similar to a walkie-talkie, and the signal can be received more clearly within ten kilometers.

    "Did, Didi, Didi——"

    No one knows what happened in the research base. Yu Yuetong didn't dare to scare the snake, but used codes to confirm whether there are still people in the base.

    On the way here, Yu Yuetong and Yan Annan also discussed several possibilities that could lead to this situation.

    Finally agreed on the point of "food".

    Because of the cold in the North Pole, we cannot say that there is a lack of supplies. It is only a miracle that we can survive here for a week without outside assistance.

    The first is energy.

    Cold is the greatest threat to death.

    No energy means no electricity, no heating, not even water.

    A few degrees below zero can survive by eating snow, but in an environment of tens of degrees below zero or even more than one hundred degrees below zero, snow stuffed into the stomach becomes a fatal cause of death.

    First the tongue, then the esophagus, stomach, and intestines... were all frozen into ice cubes. At first, I felt pain, and then it became numb.

    Then, there is death.

    Snow cannot be called "fresh water" at all in this context.

    Country Z has been sending supplies to staff in the Arctic and Antarctica, but the Arctic is not limited to the research base of Country Z.

    Because the life activities here are pitifully small, and based on the principle of mutual help, everyone's coordinates are made public.

    The scientific research personnel of the country Z base and the scientific research personnel of other bases are even friendly in various exchanges. Even if two people have conflicts, in this situation where they see a few outsiders a year, they will become Cherish the opportunity to communicate with each other.

    So in this case, the fact that country Z has food and energy has become a kind of "original sin".

    Will the scientists in country Z distribute food to help-seekers for the sake of human beings?

    Probably will.

    Food is limited.

    Will there really be that kind of feeling of gratitude for all the people who are helped?

    uncertain.

    "According to the last routine call before losing contact, the scientific research base mentioned that it will 'close the base' and deny everyone access." This is not a

    measure taken after the accident, but considering confidentiality issues and [Young Girl]'s When we arrive, the research base will be fully operational for [Young Girl]. As for other projects, there is nothing more important than [Young Girl].

    After the routine report in the morning, the research base sent the research materials as usual in the afternoon.

    After this until the next day, no one knew what happened in the middle, anyway, the communication was cut off the next day.

    Whether it was the first night, the second day, the third day...or an accident that happened on a certain day, no one knows.

    "What's wrong?" With no vision, Yan Annan didn't need to pay attention to the outside, so he easily saw Yu Yuetong's slightly changed expression in the rearview mirror.

    "Corpse."

    Before entering the base, Yu Yuetong saw a row of corpses in the snow.

    "They were all killed by bullets. A large number of our own people, as well as people from country A."

    The weather was very cold, the snow was thick, and the corpses that had been dead for a long time turned into ice immediately after death.

    The time of death cannot be seen with the "naked eyes". The mental power of ordinary people is limited, and all the mental remnants of the past so long have disappeared.

    But it was also because of this that Yu Yuetong determined the time of their deaths.

    "Half a month, at least half a month of death." There was no trace of mental disability left. According to the standard of ordinary people, this happened at least half a month ago.

    Yan Annan didn't speak.

    In fact, by this time, there is no need to delve into the truth anymore.

    "How many?"

    "I don't know the ones inside, but there are 53 people outside." She only counted the number of her own people, and she didn't count any "foreigners" who were suspected murderers.

    fifty three.

    Yan Annan's mental fluctuations were extremely stable, but the hand holding the steering wheel was slightly bulging with veins.

    "Those people don't look like scientists." Yu Yuetong was also very calm. She had seen many dead people. After a moment of anger, she calmly analyzed the clues at the scene.

    "Although people from country A can legally hold wooden warehouses, the wooden warehouse method requires training to be accurate. All of them are killed by one shot, which is not like a layman." The

    author said:

previous chapter

bookmark

back to directory

next chapter

HomeMy BookshelfReading History

The content of this site is only for free learning and communication, and shall not be used for any commercial purposes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 346 15
Apocalypse, extreme heat, hoarding supplies, decisive killing] The terrifying apocalypse suddenly strikes, but there are no zombies in this apocalyps...
34.5K 442 87
Jiang Zhaoli, who has been a biological dog for half her life, has traveled through the mountains and valleys. The rain from the hole covered her fac...
86.6K 1.2K 109
Author: Eat five bowls for one meal Category: Online Games Science Fiction Release time: 2023-03-28 Latest: Chapter 109 Chinese name:《天灾求生日常》一餐吃五碗 Na...
11.7K 162 71
Author: Xi Daqin Category: Time Travel and Rebirth NovelsStatus: Completed Yu Xue bought a house in full in her senior year. She shared this happy ev...